Page 1 of 1
I need help. [CLOSED]
Steampunktech51 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1023
#1 Posted: 04:18:25 13/07/2013 | Topic Creator
I need $326 to finish my Skylanders giants set, including the swap force preorder. Any ideas on how to get that much? Btw I'm only 12 yrs old.
---
"What is this, Sparta?"-Rigsthemaster57. "Don't quote me on that."-Rigsthemaster57 "That's what."-She
Hexblazer Blue Sparx Gems: 895
#2 Posted: 04:23:10 13/07/2013
You can do some shore around the house and your parents can give you money or sell all your stuff that you don't need.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:23:54 13/07/2013 by Hexblazer
#3 Posted: 04:30:49 13/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Thanks for the help!
---
"What is this, Sparta?"-Rigsthemaster57. "Don't quote me on that."-Rigsthemaster57 "That's what."-She
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#4 Posted: 04:35:06 13/07/2013
Try swagbucks
You can earn gift cards just by searching stuff up or even surveys
It takes awhile but worth it if you aren't lazy like me

The site is completely legit and safe

Or you could have a lemonade stand and sell a glass for 25 cents each (don't be fooled you can make lots of cash and low prices just increase sell speed)

Also you may have cash hidden in your very own room
Collectors of many kinds exist so you could sell stuff on ebay

Only advice I can give
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
#5 Posted: 05:42:14 13/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Also a good idea! Thank you!
---
TheGooch Blue Sparx Gems: 709
#6 Posted: 12:05:10 13/07/2013
Quote: Steampunktech51
I need $326 to finish my Skylanders giants set, including the swap force preorder. Any ideas on how to get that much? Btw I'm only 12 yrs old.

See if your Parents will allow you to save the cans and bottles around the house. You would be surprised how quickly how much money you can save. I let my Daughter do this with our recyclables so that she can save for her Beanie Boo collection. We drink a lot of bottled water so maybe we have more recyclables that others but she can usually get a Beanie Boo once a week. Also consider having your own Garage or Lawn sale using the older toys that you probable don't play with any more since you are 12 now. You can post an advertisement for your sale in craigslist for free. People go crazy for toy sales and I bet you would get a lot of people to come. Perhaps you could ask your friends to do it with you to make the sale bigger and more attractive? Hope this helps.
---
http://www.ghostery.com/ Knowledge + Control = Privacy
My new favorite web browser add-on.
Ryanator20x6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1848
#7 Posted: 12:15:11 13/07/2013
Bing Rewards and go to a recycling center.
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
#8 Posted: 12:59:49 13/07/2013
Quote: Windumup
Try swagbucks
You can earn gift cards just by searching stuff up or even surveys
It takes awhile but worth it if you aren't lazy like me

The site is completely legit and safe

Or you could have a lemonade stand and sell a glass for 25 cents each (don't be fooled you can make lots of cash and low prices just increase sell speed)

Also you may have cash hidden in your very own room
Collectors of many kinds exist so you could sell stuff on ebay

Only advice I can give

Swagbucks, while apparently legit, it seems to be very intrusive on your privacy. I wouldn't recommend doing anything like that. You are basically letting a company spy on your internet usage for what I am sure is little reward.
---
#9 Posted: 17:10:30 13/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Wow. Thanks everyone!
---
BladeSorcerer Green Sparx Gems: 229
#10 Posted: 10:28:51 14/07/2013
And...there is more...

If your birthday is soon...maybe as a present you can ask for some money?

Look out for the best deals - sometimes things can come cheap quickly. If you are aiming to get more very soon, that mightn't be possible, but if you just wait...the figures you're looking for may drop price incredibly fast (Around when Swap Force comes out, Giants and figures will be very cheap)

Since you are twelve, I think if you treat your Skylanders noticeably well, and your parents notice it, they usually are more open to getting more Skylanders for you.

If it is allowed, you can gather up all your not-needed stationery (pencils, erasers, rules and blah) and maybe collect some of your friends' ones and sell them at school for a discounted price. Many kids are normally in need of writing materials, so this would sell well.
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#11 Posted: 10:44:19 14/07/2013
i have a deal with my dad
i clean my room for 5 weeks, and he is going to pay alot for it, it works, make deals with your parents, it works like BAM!
#12 Posted: 17:41:37 14/07/2013
Quote: Steampunktech51

I am just curious where you came up with the $326 figure? Is that retail price based on the figures that you need? Also as a follow up I am curious what if any of the advice that was given to you was helpful in getting to your Giants goal? Another thing that I was thinking is that maybe when you did get some money saved up you could run a wanted ad in craigslist requesting the figures you are needing. If you didn't care if the figures were used perhaps you could come across someone willing to sell them to you at a fraction of the cost of buying them in the stores. Looking at your profile I don't see what figures it is that you need listed. Maybe if people knew what you wanted they could make offers on what they have. I mentioned previously how you could have your own garage sale to get money to buy Skylanders, but I wonder if you couldn't actually find some for sale. I am probably rambling on but I hope I am helping. You seem to be a pretty passionate person about the game (with your writings on your Guestbook) so I think all of us should be helpful if possible.
---
#13 Posted: 21:55:10 14/07/2013 | Topic Creator
I now added a list to my gb. I think I might've added wrong.
---
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6072
#14 Posted: 22:53:33 14/07/2013
*whips out calculator*

Going by what you need and assuming you only get one version of each and not all possible variants such as Legendary, and assuming you live in the US and get everything in singles with the price rounded to an even $10 with LC at $12....

The price for all of them would come to approximatly $192. I'd get an even $200 just to be safe because of tax and possible price fluxuation between stores. You definatly shouldn't need more than $210.

Do note this total includes LC Hex, the price of which could prove tricky to determine as she can be obtained online or through pre-order of Swap Force at this time with no clear indication if she will be released on her own.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#15 Posted: 00:02:17 15/07/2013 | Topic Creator
I figured I added wrong. Thanks for the true price!
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me