Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > New Ratchet and Clank on it's way?
Page 1 of 1
New Ratchet and Clank on it's way? [CLOSED]
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#1 Posted: 16:54:58 10/07/2013 | Topic Creator
So, Insomniac just tweeted this. New Ratchet and Clank on it's way? Announcement for a new trilogy for the PS4? Either way, it's something 'returning', and Ratchet and Clank is the only kids franchise Insomniac work on.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:55:07 10/07/2013 by bionicle2809
InsomDog Platinum Sparx Gems: 6823
#2 Posted: 17:33:16 10/07/2013
I saw the picture yesterday on n4g but thought nothing of it. Seeing this teaster directly from Insomniac's Facebook page, however, grabbed my attention. A PS4 Ratchet & Clank game would be great.
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#3 Posted: 17:34:41 10/07/2013
So Insomniac Games thinks it can do no more with Spyro and avoid like an old shame yet keep making Ratchet & Clank games despite new one being worse and worse. Glitchy four-player-co-op and tower defense? Give the franchise a rest already!
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#4 Posted: 17:38:48 10/07/2013
^Here we go again.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#5 Posted: 17:44:13 10/07/2013
Whatever it is, Brian Allgeier (creative director of the Future Saga) is involved.
#6 Posted: 17:46:38 10/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: StevemacQ
So Insomniac Games thinks it can do no more with Spyro and avoid like an old shame yet keep making Ratchet & Clank games despite new one being worse and worse. Glitchy four-player-co-op and tower defense? Give the franchise a rest already!

The only real issues with A4O and FFA/Q-Force were that they tried to be something different when, to be honest, people like R&C the way it is. If it isn't broke, don't fix it. If they return to the original style or the style used in the Future trilogy, then I'm sure they will work their magic again.
BlinktheCookie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3556
#7 Posted: 17:49:29 10/07/2013

This topic is not about Spyro.

I, for one, am only disappointed that it must be for a console I can't afford. I will, however, enjoy seeing the trailers and various fanarts sure to come.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#8 Posted: 21:33:51 10/07/2013
I really hope this is true, although Insomniac pissed off a sizable portion of the internet by creating a game that will be published by Microsoft Studios. Still, if this is true, the "worlds collide" thing makes me think the Dimensionator will be making a well-deserved return to the series. At least, I hope that's true. Imagine what they could do with that device for the Ratchet & Clank games. It would be awesome. (Hope they bring ACiT's composer back to do the music. PLEEEEASE.)
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3251
#9 Posted: 21:35:21 10/07/2013
As long as it's not a sequel to 'All 4 One', I'm happy. smilie
#10 Posted: 21:37:27 10/07/2013
Quote: TorchSheep
As long as it's not a sequel to 'All 4 One', I'm happy. ^_^

Well I think, canonically, it'll have to take place after A4O. Although, given Insomniac's recent, rapid departure away from the single player adventure (last single player focused game was in 2011), I'm not very hopeful. ._.
---
#11 Posted: 21:41:10 10/07/2013
Quote: HIR
As long as it's not a sequel to 'All 4 One', I'm happy. smilie

Well I think, canonically, it'll have to take place after A4O. Although, given Insomniac's recent, rapid departure away from the single player adventure (last single player focused game was in 2011), I'm not very hopeful. ._.

Ugh, great. ._. It's not that All 4 One is a bad game, just compared to the clever and unique level designs, genius dialogue, and fantastic everything in between, it seems lacking alot. Although Quark made me laugh quite a bit in the game, still doesn't compare to COURTNEY FREAKING GEARS! >.>
#12 Posted: 21:43:42 10/07/2013
As long as it's not a sequel to 'All 4 One', I'm happy. ^_^

Ugh, great. ._. It's not that All 4 One is a bad game, just compared to the clever and unique level designs, genius dialogue, and fantastic everything in between, it seems lacking alot. Although Quark made me laugh quite a bit in the game, still doesn't compare to COURTNEY FREAKING GEARS! >.>

I know, but look at Insomniac's release schedule since A Crack in Time:
Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One (4-player Co-op)
Resistance 3 (focused more on campaign)
Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault (Online/offline co-op or competitive)
Fuse (4-player Co-op shooter)
And they just announced Sunset Overdrive, which appears to be an MMO for the Xbone

So it looks pretty bad. The single player is getting the shaft these days, unless you're buying from Naughty Dog or Sucker Punch. <.<
---
#13 Posted: 21:46:03 10/07/2013

And they just announced Sunset Overdrive, which appears to be an MMO for the Xbone

So it looks pretty bad. The single player is getting the shaft these days, unless you're buying from Naughty Dog or Sucker Punch. <.<

Oh well, even if the game is another disappointing co-op game, adleast we still have the movie to look forward to! smilie
#14 Posted: 21:47:01 10/07/2013

Oh well, even if the game is another disappointing co-op game, adleast we still have the movie to look forward to! ^_^

Yeah. Oh wait, if Insomniac has enough say, get ACiT's composer to do the movie. He made all the cutscene music sound like an awesome sci-fi score. IT WOULD BE PERFECT. *pelted by bricks* x.x;
---
#15 Posted: 21:49:33 10/07/2013

Oh well, even if the game is another disappointing co-op game, adleast we still have the movie to look forward to! smilie

Yeah. Oh wait, if Insomniac has enough say, get ACiT's composer to do the movie. He made all the cutscene music sound like an awesome sci-fi score. IT WOULD BE PERFECT. *pelted by bricks* x.x;

Who exactly is working on the film other than Insomiac? If you know.
#16 Posted: 21:53:38 10/07/2013

Oh well, even if the game is another disappointing co-op game, adleast we still have the movie to look forward to! ^_^

The studios behind the film are Rainmaker Entertainment (Escape from Planet Earth) and Blockade Entertainment. TJ Fixman, the series' writer, handled the script. And Sony Computer Entertainment is distributing the movie.
---
#17 Posted: 21:56:08 10/07/2013

The studios behind the film are Rainmaker Entertainment (Escape from Planet Earth) and Blockade Entertainment. TJ Fixman, the series' writer, handled the script. And Sony Computer Entertainment is distributing the movie.

Sounds good! smilie THEY SHOOD TOTALLY GET DISNEY TO HELP MAK IT!! smilie smilie smilie *shot*
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#18 Posted: 00:02:09 11/07/2013
Quote: BlinktheCookie

I, for one, am only disappointed that it must be for a console I can't afford. I will, however, enjoy seeing the trailers and various fanarts sure to come.

I know it's not about Spyro but Insomniac should try and do something different outside Ratchet & Clank, just as long it's far away from FUSE as possible.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6621
#19 Posted: 00:06:01 11/07/2013
I stopped playing Ratchet and Clank after Dreadlock......i loved the series dearly, but it moved to a console i could't buy.....
---
Gay 4 GARcher
BlinktheCookie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3556
#20 Posted: 00:29:08 11/07/2013
Quote: BlinktheCookie

I know it's not about Spyro but Insomniac should try and do something different outside Ratchet & Clank, just as long it's far away from FUSE as possible.

Regardless of what Insomniac should or shouldn't do, your complaints are only slightly relevant to the topic at hand.

I personally wish they'd make it for PS3, as I'm broke and don't like getting used to new consoles, but then again, I really have no power over such things. At this point, I'm really just curious about the plot and the gameplay, if I ever get around to playing it. Ratchet and Clank is more my brother's thing.
#21 Posted: 07:18:09 11/07/2013 | Topic Creator
And it's been announced. A fully fledged, back to the original style R&C game for the PS3 (probably the last for the console) called Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus.
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#22 Posted: 19:35:29 11/07/2013
I really want to try this series, but I don't have any playstation consoles at all. if I get a ps4/ps3 and when I get a vita, hopefully I can get a game for the system(if one comes out for vita and ps4)
---
Cool cool.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#23 Posted: 20:39:49 11/07/2013
I think they'll probably return the Ratchet & Clank series to the classic formula, they should do.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#24 Posted: 20:42:27 11/07/2013 | Topic Creator
^They've announced it, and they are.
#25 Posted: 20:47:13 11/07/2013
^Well good for them then that they are.
---
#26 Posted: 01:03:02 12/07/2013
I think it's going to be akin to Sly 4 on the PS3, setting up a new storyline to be continued on the PS4. I know this is an "epilogue" to the Future games, but I think they could still end up setting something up. From the gameplay that I've seen, it looks pretty fun. I'm guessing this is what the North Carolina studio has been working on, although Brian Allgeier will be involved, so hopefully that will help from a creative perspective. It looks like they recycled the HUD from Full Frontal Assault, and I'm guessing Michael Bross is going to do the music for this one. That's about all I got right now. <.>
---
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#27 Posted: 02:53:30 12/07/2013

uhhhh i dont think they can legally develop and publish a spyro game?
#28 Posted: 21:15:44 12/07/2013
No innuendo in the title this time but apparently this game was going to be called Into the Nether Regions.

I've heard that the game is going to be bigger game than Full Frontal and Quest for Booty but not as big as titles like A Crack in Time.
#29 Posted: 21:52:55 12/07/2013
Quote: InsomDog
No innuendo in the title this time but apparently this game was going to be called Into the Nether Regions.

I've heard that the game is going to be bigger game than Full Frontal and Quest for Booty but not as big as titles like A Crack in Time.

My guess is 6-8 hours. Hopefully they'll put in stuff like a Challenge Mode or maybe the return of the arena levels to add some extra meat content-wise. <.<
---
#30 Posted: 06:28:29 13/07/2013
I'm sorry to have to put this but in the back of my mind, it feels like Insomniac are doing an Activision on us.
You'd think they'd be happy with the Ratchet games they've made, theirs plenty of them now. If they waited for a while and released one on the PS4, then I wouldn't be thinking like this, as much. But then again, people would complain and say "Urgh, no Goonchet game this year?" Just like the Goonro fans. I guess I should be content with the Spyro games I've got, I keep on playing them constantly so I must be right? "Is that right my little Goonro?"
---
#31 Posted: 10:01:10 13/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
I'm sorry to have to put this but in the back of my mind, it feels like Insomniac are doing an Activision on us.
You'd think they'd be happy with the Ratchet games they've made, theirs plenty of them now. If they waited for a while and released one on the PS4, then I wouldn't be thinking like this, as much. But then again, people would complain and say "Urgh, no Goonchet game this year?" Just like the Goonro fans. I guess I should be content with the Spyro games I've got, I keep on playing them constantly so I must be right? "Is that right my little Goonro?"

Insomniac have always "pulled an Activision", there has been an R&C release every year since it began except 2010, the games always have 1 year dev cycles, they are rushed and re-use graphic assets and mechanics from the previous games... All sounds familiar, doesn't it. People don't complain, which they should, because "Insomniac are great and Activision are evil!".
papa123 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1372
#32 Posted: 11:20:07 13/07/2013
Yay! I love Ratchet and Clank!
---
"And now this world shall now Pain!"
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#33 Posted: 12:57:56 13/07/2013
So Insomniac Games thinks it can do no more with Spyro and avoid like an old shame yet keep making Ratchet & Clank games despite new one being worse and worse.

Pretty much all platformers are that way. Even Mario.
#34 Posted: 14:06:30 13/07/2013
Quote: bionicle2809

Insomniac have always "pulled an Activision", there has been an R&C release every year since it began except 2010, the games always have 1 year dev cycles, they are rushed and re-use graphic assets and mechanics from the previous games... All sounds familiar, doesn't it. People don't complain, which they should, because "Insomniac are great and Activision are evil!".

Actually, 2006 didn't have one either, unless you count mobile phones. It only saw Insomniac releasing Resistance: Fall of Man. Also, they have two studios now, so they can afford to have one of them (in this case, North Carolina) working on Ratchet & Clank games while the Burbank team tackle different projects. <.<
---
#35 Posted: 16:01:31 13/07/2013 | Topic Creator

Actually, 2006 didn't have one either, unless you count mobile phones. It only saw Insomniac releasing Resistance: Fall of Man. Also, they have two studios now, so they can afford to have one of them (in this case, North Carolina) working on Ratchet & Clank games while the Burbank team tackle different projects. <.<

True. But Insomniac are still working on a one R&C game a year basis (even if it is North Carolina doing so). I've never seen annual releases of video games as a bad thing, as long as the quality is still there, but the people who complain about annual releases of Fifa, Madden, Assassin's Creed, CoD, Skylanders etc then go on to praise Insomniac for making annual releases.

It's the idea that all these big corporations like EA, Activision, Ubisoft etc are evil people - and Insomniac, being the little guy all on their own and not tied to any big publisher, are the best kind of people in the world! When, in reality, they're still churning out annual release of a popular video game franchise because they know people will buy it. They have done since Spyro, and will continue to do so because it's the best strategy for business.

(In short: I have an issue with hypocrisy among "gamers", who can ridicule one company for doing one thing (For example, the server issues with SimCity) and then continue to love another company despite doing the same thing (The server issues with Diablo 3))
#36 Posted: 16:59:15 13/07/2013

True. But Insomniac are still working on a one R&C game a year basis (even if it is North Carolina doing so). I've never seen annual releases of video games as a bad thing, as long as the quality is still there, but the people who complain about annual releases of Fifa, Madden, Assassin's Creed, CoD, Skylanders etc then go on to praise Insomniac for making annual releases.

It's the idea that all these big corporations like EA, Activision, Ubisoft etc are evil people - and Insomniac, being the little guy all on their own and not tied to any big publisher, are the best kind of people in the world! When, in reality, they're still churning out annual release of a popular video game franchise because they know people will buy it. They have done since Spyro, and will continue to do so because it's the best strategy for business.

(In short: I have an issue with hypocrisy among "gamers", who can ridicule one company for doing one thing (For example, the server issues with SimCity) and then continue to love another company despite doing the same thing (The server issues with Diablo 3))

Oh yeah, I understand, and if anything, that sentiment is starting to shift for Insomniac. Because they made Fuse with the EA Partners program and because they're developing a game published by Microsoft Studios, a lot of people are not very happy about it. I've already seen a few "Boycott Into the Nexus" type topics springing up on the internet. <.<
---
Bravo101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1482
#37 Posted: 17:59:46 13/07/2013
UUUGHHH Spyro is so stupid. They just need to cancel it all together and focus on skylanders.
#38 Posted: 06:45:07 14/07/2013
Well, I think Insomniac are thinking "Well, the PS3 will soon be coming to an end, so let's just get one more title in there for a few more gems" smilie That's what kind of annoys me a little. There's all this hype about games for the PS4, but they're going to still recycle the series yet again on the PS3.

This has made me realise that developers should just create a series that would last for about three to four years, for one console, like the Ratchet & Clank series on the PS2, fair enough, I get they wanted to make a few on the PS3, three is fine, but now ever since All 4 One, it feels like they're just churning it out, and not giving it a rest. At least Naughty Dog gave their Jak and Daxter series a rest, and bought all something fresh, like Uncharted, and now that's getting a rest, and they're moving onto The Last of Us.

But apart of me thinks that, once you give something a rest for so long, it should eventually come back for another three years, like the original Spyro series for instance, that has been on an eight year break, so I wouldn't mind something becoming of it now. I hope people get what I mean. smilie

So this is what I'm saying:

I'd rather big companies like Activision or Insomniac produce the same game title series for about three years, and then move onto another project for the same amount of time, and either move onto to another, or go back to their original series for a couple of years, so then it dosen't feel likle they're just churning it out for the sake of it, and feels like you get more of a variety of games from them. I suppose Insomniac is coming out with a couple of different ideas, like Sunset Overdrive and Fuse. But even they sort of feel like light-hearted recycled versions of Resistance in a sense. Perhaps it's just really hard to come up with something totally different? I don't know.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:48:57 14/07/2013 by SuperSpyroFan
theuone Platinum Sparx Gems: 6184
#39 Posted: 16:59:52 30/07/2013
bravo101 : to insult spyro on a spyro website well thats just not right and besides "if you cant say anything nice dont say anything at all" you have heard that quote before but to also stay on topic i hope that the new movie rocks, i wonder what will happen in it
---
On board Spyro Reignited hype, Choo choo!
Thanks to BlackWing116 for the Chimera drawing
Metaphorical phantom here, Blame everything lol.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me