darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > Random Elemental Damage in Arena Mode
Page 1 of 1
Random Elemental Damage in Arena Mode [CLOSED]
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#1 Posted: 15:42:54 06/07/2013 | Topic Creator
So, have you guys seen elemental damage while in Arena mode? Yesterday I had a completely upgraded Polar and I started getting random elemental damage in Brock's Arena mode (not Battle Mode). Today, it's not occurring. When it was occurring yesterday I was in Battle Mode and had won 10 matches before quitting and going back into Story mode. I was fighting against an Earth element which I could gain elemental damage against.

Is this "normal" or is this some bug related issue; has anyone seen this before and/or have an explanation?
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:44:19 06/07/2013 by GhostRoaster
ClayFace Blue Sparx Gems: 835
#2 Posted: 15:45:11 06/07/2013
Air characters only recieve elemental damage against the earth element.

If you are fightning against anyone thats not in earth you are not gaining any elemental power.
#3 Posted: 15:48:58 06/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: ClayFace
Air characters only recieve elemental damage against the earth element.

If you are fightning against anyone thats not in earth you are not gaining any elemental power.

Right, that's the way it was SUPPOSED TO BE.

Last night, I was playing one of Brock's challenges with my Polar and she WAS receiving elemental bonuses against enemies. Chompies aren't earth element are they? lol. I even tried another character and it was doing that as well. Both were S2 varieties. I "think" it stopped doing this either by quitting the game entirely and/or using a S1 character (I used Dino Rang).

Sounds like a bug to me, as I didn't start seeing this until last night after returning from Battle Mode into Story Mode. Will see if I can reproduce it today.

I'm on PS3 if someone wants to try this:
1. Go into Battle Mode with air element against earth element and get both the Battle and Environmental quest.
2. Exit and go back into story mode with air element.
3. Go play one of Brock's challenges.

Not sure if it's related to going into Battle Mode and then Story Mode, getting the quests and returning into story mode, etc.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 15:56:21 06/07/2013 by GhostRoaster
onslaught Blue Sparx Gems: 721
#4 Posted: 15:51:37 06/07/2013
im not sure when ur doing the cannon it Gives U CAnnons! i meant Elemental power!
---
<(".<) (>".)> Two Kirbys.
#5 Posted: 15:57:42 06/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: onslaught
im not sure when ur doing the cannon it Gives U CAnnons! i meant Elemental power!

I said nothing about cannons. I used neither battle items. Is there an item in Battle Mode that gives you this? Hmmm....
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:58:38 06/07/2013 by GhostRoaster
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#6 Posted: 15:58:26 06/07/2013
Wheels of Power in Luck-O-Tron give it to you for all characters.
#7 Posted: 16:00:13 06/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: weebbby
Wheels of Power in Luck-O-Tron give it to you for all characters.

Sigh...you might be onto something. I don't think I was using Power in my Luck-O-Tron until yesterday. Ugh. Let me confirm this. I thought this controlled the amount of damage you gave, not the elemental power.
---
#8 Posted: 16:09:11 06/07/2013
It works for all modes but PvP. I think it's the best, since I have all my characters fully upgraded and leveled up, and I don't need more food than what it already gives you.

You actually always can get it, but the Wheels of Power increase your chances immensely.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:09:26 06/07/2013 by weebbby
#9 Posted: 16:13:36 06/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Funny--I've NEVER seen elemental gains while playing unless I was in my elemental zone. I'm feeling kinda stupid about this one---but was resorting to the Battle Mode Gem Fight in getting my elemental quest b/c I wasn't going to go back into story mode and grind it out.
---
#10 Posted: 16:21:29 06/07/2013
Almost everyone does it that way, it's much faster.
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#11 Posted: 07:20:12 07/07/2013
on wii: i sometimes indeed recieve random elemental damage.......i dont mind it haha!
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#12 Posted: 08:46:14 08/07/2013
no, its cuz of the strenght of elemental power, my smilie has FULL elemental power, and she gets extra damage in a FIRE zone!
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#13 Posted: 09:28:00 15/07/2013
I have NEVER seen Elemental bonus damage unless I was in my element, fighting the appropriate element in PvP, or when having put Power Wheels in the Luck-O-Tron. But maybe I just don't notice due to how rare it is, smilie With 4 wheels it starts popping up a LOT, LOL!

Fun fact: This also makes the second-best way to get the Elementalist Quest. Power Wheels, then do Turret challenges on the ship. The individual damages don't appear, but while shooting down targets you'll get progress reports on the quest (2500, 5000 and 7500/Complete).
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me