Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Nothing annoys me more... [CLOSED]
Kitty Platinum Sparx Gems: 5106
#1 Posted: 05:04:52 05/07/2013 | Topic Creator
...than when people say "________ has made me lose faith in humanity."
wspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4422
#2 Posted: 05:06:02 05/07/2013
kitty, u talk tru
faith in humanity restore
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6081
#3 Posted: 05:06:26 05/07/2013
Stupid people have made me lose hope in humanity.....
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#4 Posted: 05:09:29 05/07/2013
Define "stupid".
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12141
#5 Posted: 05:10:31 05/07/2013
**** yeah kitty lets be in a club
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#6 Posted: 05:12:00 05/07/2013
Quote: Kitty
...than when people say "________ has made me lose faith in humanity."

Or what about the constant thing where people say *cough(insert word here) cough*? That seems to pop up somehwere on this site every day.
#7 Posted: 05:12:43 05/07/2013
Quote: wspyro
Define "stupid".

People who refuse to read a few words on a sign,
People who ask for things that are not sold, (refer to the first one)
People who think soda goes in a popcorn bucket, (more than you think)
People who refuse to listen and continually ask for the thing you said you don't have.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Clackers89 Ripto Gems: 21
#8 Posted: 13:39:59 05/07/2013
I really didn't have much faith in humanity to begin with.
jennacat4 Gold Sparx Gems: 2329
#9 Posted: 14:08:48 05/07/2013
Kitty has made me lose faith in humanity.

DUN DUN DUNNNNN
---
http://youtu.be/gSSUco8AzDU
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5332
#10 Posted: 14:09:44 05/07/2013
So much faith has been lost.
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6345
#11 Posted: 15:22:48 05/07/2013
one person being stupid once has made me lose faith in all of humanity
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#12 Posted: 15:27:34 05/07/2013
Define "stupid".

A very unintelligent person. Often going around doing "stupid" things like not reading instructions on how to build a website and accidently cruds it up and it turns into a messy code.
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
Clackers89 Ripto Gems: 21
#13 Posted: 15:30:04 05/07/2013
Define "stupid".

Merriam-Webster gives this definition:

1 a : slow of mind : obtuse
b : given to unintelligent decisions or acts : acting in an unintelligent or careless manner
c : lacking intelligence or reason : brutish

2: dulled in feeling or sensation : torpid <still stupid from the sedative>

3: marked by or resulting from unreasoned thinking or acting : senseless <a stupid decision>

4 a : lacking interest or point <a stupid event>
b : vexatious, exasperating <the stupid car won't start>
#14 Posted: 16:26:27 05/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Carmelita Fox
**** yeah kitty lets be in a club

awwwwwwww yeah
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6621
#15 Posted: 16:38:21 05/07/2013
Quote: Seiki

"Stupid people are dangerous" -Katniss
---
Gay 4 GARcher
#16 Posted: 23:37:15 05/07/2013
Define "stupid".

Actual events that occured today:

Me: What would you like to drink?
Lady: Yes.

Me: Would like to pay for the one refill...
Guy shakes his head no.
Me: Or would you like to buy the unlimited refill wristband for $4?
Guy: No.
Guy looks at me waiting for a price for his order, both options for the order he said no to.
---
#17 Posted: 23:42:33 05/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Define "stupid".

Guy shakes his head no.
Guy looks at me waiting for a price for his order, both options for the order he said no to.

Really? Everyday common mistakes are what made you lose faith in humanity?

[User Posted Image]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:50:05 05/07/2013 by Kitty
#18 Posted: 01:49:18 06/07/2013
Define "stupid".

Guy shakes his head no.

Is people like you that make others feel afraid of socializing. Sorry for sounding rude, but if what you say is true, then I really do mean that.
#19 Posted: 01:58:48 06/07/2013
Define "stupid".

Guy shakes his head no.

Is people like you that make others feel afraid of socializing. Sorry for sounding rude, but if what you say is true, then I really do mean that.

These were just examples of stupid. These haven't made me lose hope, just mentally do a facepalm.
---
#20 Posted: 02:16:20 06/07/2013
I've gone through those situations.
Some were due to shyness. Because I don't want the person to be mad, I try my best to not mess up our talk/order. Due to thinking like that, I mess myself up.
Some were due to thinking about other things. Such as what I have to do after this and what can I do to make this day work out.

Those are my reason for not being able to give my focus to the person that is attending me. Imagine all of the other reason that other people have.

Some people are socially awkward. Keep that in mind.

Many of them don't mean to damage your day, but if they knew that you face palmed over a small thing as that, they may even be glad it happen.

I'm still in disbelief. Not something I expected from you. Of course, I don't know you. But this tells a lot from a person.
King_Pika Blue Sparx Gems: 544
#21 Posted: 02:23:38 06/07/2013
Where do you even work Seiki, a theater?
---
"Regretting never, our dreams will be... Halfway to forever! Our light comes shining through. Reach down deep, big defeat. Do all that we can do!"
#22 Posted: 02:33:28 06/07/2013
I've seen shyness, shyness is the girl that talks so low that the person next to her can barely hear her. I've been on the end of shyness.

Who said they damaged my day? Damaging my day is more closer to when a guy cussed me out because the park doesn't have lids for the regular soda cups. Or when a lady cussed me out because I asked I asked her kids to get the extra penny to pay for their order. Yes a penny is outrageous, but the park takes their money seriously and that penny could get me in alot of trouble.

Earlier today when after giving a smile, presenting the order, and saying "enjoy" I get the reply of "go die". This didn't even "damage my day", it just annoyed me abit as it was rather uncalled for.

One thing that really annoys me is when people are talking on their phone when they're trying to give their order, then when I try to hold up my end of the conversation they look at me like I'm being rude for interrupting their call.
---
#23 Posted: 02:44:56 06/07/2013
Quote: King_Pika
Where do you even work Seiki, a theater?

Amusement Park. smilie

Quote: shorty
Define "stupid".

People who refuse to listen and continually ask for the thing you said you don't have.

Maybe they were having a bad day or maybe they were just off. Maybe they just made a small mistake or they missed what you said or misread something. People aren't perfect you know. Saying that they make you 'lose faith in humanity' is somewhat rude. In my opinion, you seem to overreact about it a bit. Again, they made a mistake. It's not the end of the world.

Misread something is when they ask for choclate icecream despite the fact I only sell ice cream bars. Excusable.
Stupid is when you slam a slushee bottle on the counter and demand some slushee flavor despite the fact that EVERY slushee machine in the park is self-serve.

I know they aren't. I know I'm not. I accept this. I'm a cynic, I often type like I'm dyslexic, I can be blunt at times, I don't know very much, I have little faith in myself in many things I do, I'm a bit of a perv, I often trust to easily....
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:47:15 06/07/2013 by Seiki
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6345
#24 Posted: 02:49:51 06/07/2013
Quote: DragonCamo

"Stupid people are cool" -Katniss

of course she would say that
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#25 Posted: 02:50:11 06/07/2013
Define "stupid".

Maybe they were having a bad day or maybe they were just off. Maybe they just made a small mistake or they missed what you said or misread something. People aren't perfect you know. Saying that they make you 'lose faith in humanity' is somewhat rude. In my opinion, you seem to overreact about it a bit. Again, they made a mistake. It's not the end of the world.

Well shorty it's not exactly that but, people should ask nicely and intelligently for their order. That's how people loose it behind the booth, because when people act absolutely horrible to a staff member over a problem, that is easy to talk over. People should not be rude when ordering. They should have no reason to be rude when ordering either.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
#26 Posted: 02:50:52 06/07/2013
I think that you probably could do better Seik. smilie

Seriously. These people sound like the most impatient people I've seen in a while.
---
"Regretting never, our dreams will be... Halfway to forever! Our light comes shining through. Reach down deep, big defeat. Do all that we can do!"
#27 Posted: 02:51:03 06/07/2013

Stupid is when you slam a slushee bottle on the counter and demand some slushee flavor despite the fact that EVERY slushee machine in the park is self-serve.

They might not have known that or have missed it?

It's clearly labeled and sits right in front of the stand at all 5 stands that have it. On top of that the stand I'm in is small, by taking a quick clance through the quite alrge widnow you order at, one can see everything in the stand.

Quote: King_Pika
I think that you probably could do better Seik. smilie

Seriously. These people sound like the most impatient people I've seen in a while.

In another week or two, I'll won't be in the stand anymore and instead being a runner guy who takes supplies and cashier's to stands. Ah, the joys of being promoted.

I'd also like to note, a supervisor in my department, has declared the "theme song" for the department is "I Hate People by Jemina Pearl". Pretty everyone who works with us, agrees to this.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:54:37 06/07/2013 by Seiki
#28 Posted: 03:01:04 06/07/2013
I'd also like to note, a supervisor in my department, has declared the "theme song" for the department is "I Hate People by Jemina Pearl". Pretty everyone who works with us, agrees to this.

I laughed.
---
#29 Posted: 03:04:08 06/07/2013
smilie Anohter of my supervisor's (I have 5), is actually the one who told me about this.
---
#30 Posted: 03:06:56 06/07/2013
I've seen shyness, shyness is the girl that talks so low that the person next to her can barely hear her. I've been on the end of shyness.

Who said they damaged my day? Damaging my day is more closer to when a guy cussed me out because the park doesn't have lids for the regular soda cups. Or when a lady cussed me out because I asked I asked her kids to get the extra penny to pay for their order. Yes a penny is outrageous, but the park takes their money seriously and that penny could get me in alot of trouble.

Earlier today when after giving a smile, presenting the order, and saying "enjoy" I get the reply of "go die". This didn't even "damage my day", it just annoyed me abit as it was rather uncalled for.

One thing that really annoys me is when people are talking on their phone when they're trying to give their order, then when I try to hold up my end of the conversation they look at me like I'm being rude for interrupting their call.

Shyness is basically a fear of socializing personally. What falls under that can be consider as shyness.

Why didn't you used that as an example. The other just make you look like a person with no compassion. Even if it was just a simple face palm.

Now you're talking about rude people. Not saying that can't be called "stupid" as well.

Anyways, I'm just getting at that you should be careful who you get bother by. We wouldn't want you venting onto a poor person.
#31 Posted: 03:09:27 06/07/2013

Shyness is basically a fear of socializing personally. What falls under that can be consider as shyness.

Why didn't you used that as an example. The other just make you look like a person with no compassion. Even if it was just a simple face palm.

Now you're talking about rude people. Not saying that can't be called "stupid" as well.

Anyways, I'm just getting at that you should be careful who you get bother by. We wouldn't want you venting onto a poor person.

You asked me to deifne stupid, not "*******"

I usually don't get bothered by alot, just shrug alot off. My venting stays confined to this site, mostly. Rest is to close friends.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:11:10 06/07/2013 by Seiki
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6621
#32 Posted: 03:11:56 06/07/2013
Most people think of stupid as he same as a lack of common sense : D
---
Gay 4 GARcher
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#33 Posted: 03:13:23 06/07/2013
Stupidity is like maturity. Nobody can agree on its definition, so don't worry about it, just be yourself and be close to those whom you love. And above all, just enjoy yourself.
#34 Posted: 03:47:22 06/07/2013
Quote: Trix Master 100
Well shorty it's not exactly that but, people should ask nicely and intelligently for their order. That's how people loose it behind the booth, because when people act absolutely horrible to a staff member over a problem, that is easy to talk over. People should not be rude when ordering. They should have no reason to be rude when ordering either.

Rude =/= stupid. Just because someone was rude (which from what he was describing didn't seem like they were) doesn't mean that they are unintelligent. And, as I said earlier, just because they misread/misheard/missed something doesn't mean they are stupid either. They just made a mistake. Plus, he wasn't saying they were 'rude' he was outright saying they were 'stupid'. There is a big difference.

It's clearly labeled and sits right in front of the stand at all 5 stands that have it. On top of that the stand I'm in is small, by taking a quick clance through the quite alrge widnow you order at, one can see everything in the stand.

There is still a chance of them not seeing it.

Even when the park maps have it labeled that those stands and only those stands have slushees?

My point wasn't that they asked for something I didn't have, but rather they demanded somethign I didn't have in a way that even if I didn't have it, I would magically produce it. Kindly asking if I had slushees would've been acceptable and fine. My problem was that the person in question actually slammed a slushee bottle on the counter and stated a flavor, not saying please, or anything nice or in the form of a question, but actually demanding said flavor. If one is going to demand something in such manner, one need to be 100% sure that said stand has it.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:52:09 06/07/2013 by Seiki
#35 Posted: 03:49:45 06/07/2013
Quote: SPARXisAWESOME
*Walks into topic*
Hey guys I-...
*Leaves*

You say it like something bad is happening :Y
#36 Posted: 03:53:49 06/07/2013
*Walks into topic*
Hey guys I-...
*Leaves*

You say it like something bad is happening :Y

*Big long posts.*
I'm told that it's annoying when I come in halfway through a conversation .__.

*long story short*
Seiki is a cynnical jack-*** who dislikes people in gereneral and we are having a big discussion about it where Kitty, shorty, and wspyro call him out for being heartless and attempt to restore his faith in humanity.

inB4 this is taken the wrong way.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:55:04 06/07/2013 by Seiki
#37 Posted: 04:01:06 06/07/2013
Even when the park maps have it labeled that those stands and only those stands have slushees?

My point wasn't that they asked for something I didn't have, but rather they demanded somethign I didn't have in a way that even if I didn't have it, I would magically produce it. Kindly asking if I had slushees would've been acceptable and fine. My problem was that the person in question actually slammed a slushee bottle on the counter and stated a flavor, not saying please, or anything nice or in the form of a question, but actually demanding said flavor.

Still I think it comes down to they missed where the slushee stand was and were rude. That doesn't say anything about their intelligence and it shouldn't 'make you lose faith in humanity'. I still feel like you're overreacting about this. Someone being rude shouldn't be that big of a deal.

*long story short*
Seiki is a cynnical jack-*** who dislikes people in gereneral and we are having a big discussion about it where Kitty, shorty, and wspyro call him out for being heartless and attempt to restore his faith in humanity.

inB4 this is taken the wrong way.

Excuse me but I never said you were being 'heartless' or a 'jack-ass'. I said you were overreacting. Please don't twist my words.

Refer to the bold.

My own words. Much understood. Though I believe it was said at some point I lack compassion.
---
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#38 Posted: 04:07:41 06/07/2013
on the current subject-
I hate those mini stall thingys that have the most vague signs
#39 Posted: 04:11:48 06/07/2013
I'm sorry for taking it the wrong but still.
Yes someone said that. But I didn't say that. While I still think you were overreacting, I don't think I would go as far as to say you are 'heartless' or anything.

But heartless are adorable little evil creatures. D:

While this has been a bit of a fun discussion, I would like to cast a vote of "agree to disagree" and move on.
---
Underian Emerald Sparx Gems: 3095
#40 Posted: 04:12:09 06/07/2013
Define "stupid".

Megan is stupid.
cowpowa23 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4833
#41 Posted: 04:18:09 06/07/2013
___Made me lose faith in Humanity >:(((-*Shot*

---
I actually lost hope for Humanity quite a while ago. (Yes, literally.)
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
#42 Posted: 04:20:59 06/07/2013
Quote: Underian
Define "stupid".

Megan is stupid.

So many people see the buckets and ask how much is one of those white soda bottles. It usually takes aminute before I realize they are asking about the popcorn buckets.
Which for the record, the buckets have an image involving popcorn and says something on it about popcorn.
---
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me