darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > Does Skylanders: Giants for Wii work on Wii U?
Page 1 of 1
Does Skylanders: Giants for Wii work on Wii U? [CLOSED]
GamerZack7 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1709
#1 Posted: 05:16:34 04/07/2013 | Topic Creator
I didn't see this question posted so I thought I should ask it here. Does the Wii version of Skylanders: Giants work on Wii U in Wii Mode? A staff member at a Target store said that the Wii Portal of Power is incompatible with Wii U, but that makes no sense to me as Wii U has USB ports just like Wii. Any clearing up would be fantastic. Thanks in advance! smilie
---
MY SUPERCHARGER SKYLANDERS
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie | *smilie* | smiliesmilie*smilie*smiliesmilie | smilie | smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
*Currently absent*
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#2 Posted: 06:38:04 04/07/2013
Not sure, i'd have to try it myself. Thou the wii u version is much better, in that you can play on the gamepad and when your not it shows stats of the skylander your playing on it.
flamesslinger Blue Sparx Gems: 551
#3 Posted: 08:05:59 04/07/2013
I have skylanders giants on the Wii u and spyros adventure on the Wii and portals from both games work with either version so I wouldn't see a problem here however I do recommend getting Wii u giants as it is very good in graphics and the gamepad had some good uses (also if you have young children it is so much easier for them to use the controls)
---
Flameslinger is God
#4 Posted: 10:00:42 04/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Thanks for the info. I don't yet have a Wii U as I'm holding out for a white 32GB console, and I'm giving serious thought towards getting the Wii version to tide me over until then. On the other hand I may as well just wait to try the Wii U version when the time comes, in which case I might consider the 3DS version instead.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie | *smilie* | smiliesmilie*smilie*smiliesmilie | smilie | smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
*Currently absent*
Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2951
#5 Posted: 22:57:00 04/07/2013
I think all wii games work on wii u
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#6 Posted: 17:22:13 05/07/2013
Works fine, I use it all the time.
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
MegaDozer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1887
#7 Posted: 21:28:20 07/07/2013
Wii U version is awesome and I have it for every single console.
#8 Posted: 09:57:57 08/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Well, I've decided to go for the Wii version since I'll at least have the option to play it on Wii U. Once I eventually get a Wii U console (probably not for months due to a possible interstate trip) I'll get that version of Giants at some point. I mainly wanted to get it for the bonus goodies as it was part of a bundle, plus I opted to make the best of the hardware I have.

EDIT: It turns out I can't get the Wii bundle anymore, so I threw a Wii U console and Skylanders: Giants Wii U Starter Pack (plus some other goodies) onto lay-by. I can't give up the Wii U-exclusive features! smilie
---
*Currently absent*
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:34:43 09/07/2013 by GamerZack7
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me