Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Site Help and Suggestions > Increase the amount of KB required for an avatar to be previewed?
Page 1 of 1
Increase the amount of KB required for an avatar to be previewed? [CLOSED]
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#1 Posted: 17:50:44 03/07/2013 | Topic Creator
I've been having some problems recently with changing my avatar. I've had some great avatars that often go over the 30KB limit. I don't want to ruin them by changing the size which I have done before and it came out bad. I'm sure some people have had this problem here before. If it is possible, would you increase it to 50KB?
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:54:34 03/07/2013 by MoonHorizons
HotDogAndZap Emerald Sparx Gems: 3531
#2 Posted: 19:18:45 03/07/2013
I agree with what you're going for, but the limit is 30KB for a reason.
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#3 Posted: 20:52:24 03/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Pixilism
Brought up, shut down, multiple times.

And if I remember correctly, there has been talk that Dark52 has actually increased the size limit before. IIRC, it was 20kb before, but he had raised it to 30kb. And that wasn't with a simple ask, that was with a LOT of people asking of it, and not letting go of it.

However, you can still shrink the size of the avatar if needed. If you have Photoscape, edit the avatar and save it as a .JPG with 100% quality. This will drop the size drastically, and most .JPG 100x100 avatars will already fit within 30kb anyways. If it is already .JPG or you don't want to find a way to convert it, then here is a site that can shrink it for you. http://www.punypng.com/

Thanks. I'll close this topic now.
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me