Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > police shoots dog, was it justified? (WARNING GRAPHIC)
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
police shoots dog, was it justified? (WARNING GRAPHIC) [CLOSED]
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#51 Posted: 17:53:57 03/07/2013
Did the cop have a choice? I honestly love dogs and animals but if there was a dog attacking me, pushing it away wouldn't help. That dog would've came back and kept biting me.
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
sky-dragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3206
#52 Posted: 18:18:45 03/07/2013
instead of shooting the dog count they do something not harmful like tazer it something i hope that cop goes to jail and gets shot
---
"ryuujin no ken wo kurae!"
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8470
#53 Posted: 18:21:08 03/07/2013
Quote: sky-dragon
instead of shooting the dog count they do something not harmful like tazer it something i hope that cop goes to jail and gets shot

You can't be arrested for killing animals.
aran Emerald Sparx Gems: 4040
#54 Posted: 18:27:09 03/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Quote: somePerson

Actually, yes you can.

PEDA!!!!!!!!!!
#55 Posted: 18:28:13 03/07/2013
Quote: Sesshomaru75

Actually, yes you can.

Yeah but only for self defense or food.
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#56 Posted: 18:42:23 03/07/2013
Quote: SolemnWhisper
Yeah well, the police in 'MURICA also peppersprayed a six year old with a mental disability.

Real mature. Blame the country of origin. >.>

Oh, it's perfectly FINE to piss on America, but if someone said something like that about the UK or Australia, they'd get jumped on. >.>

Look, when you're in a pressured situation like that, you don't have time to think. You just do the first thing that comes to mind. If you look closely in the video, you'll see that he tried to grab the dog's collar first, which shows that he wasn't thinking about killing it. He felt threatened and reacted. Have you ever been in a situation like that? I doubt you have, so don't judge him nor anyone involved.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 18:48:36 03/07/2013 by Metallo
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#57 Posted: 18:48:53 03/07/2013

Well it depends on what you kill or how you do it. You can get arrested for killing endangered animals, or be arrested for making inhumane kills.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
#58 Posted: 18:51:07 03/07/2013

Dude, animal cruelty is a serious crime. People get in legal trouble for hitting animals, and if you kill a domestic animal for no good reason, you will definitely be arrested.
Kitty Platinum Sparx Gems: 5106
#59 Posted: 19:10:26 03/07/2013
If you saw a ginormous dog that appeared threatening lunging for you, what would you do?

I think it was a spur of the moment, so he panicked and shot the dog.
Bravo101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1482
#60 Posted: 19:16:34 03/07/2013
when life gives you lemons

shoot them
#61 Posted: 19:31:31 03/07/2013
Quote: Kitty
If you saw a ginormous dog that appeared threatening lunging for you, what would you do?

I think it was a spur of the moment, so he panicked and shot the dog.

This.
#62 Posted: 19:34:42 03/07/2013
Why not shooting it in the leg or something!? He didn't have to kill it.
#63 Posted: 19:36:11 03/07/2013
Quote: Bravo101
Why not shooting it in the leg or something!? He didn't have to kill it.

In that situation, you can't really aim. You just kinda point and shoot.
Wild Platinum Sparx Gems: 5045
#64 Posted: 20:08:55 03/07/2013
Quote: Metallo
If you look closely when the dog first runs up, it'll lunge at the officer in question. It wouldn't do that unless it was seriously trying to bite him.

No. Dogs do that to scare people all the time as well. I've had multiple instances where I've been lunged at by a dog but it never locked its teeth. Once it realized I was not scared of them, they mostly ran away or backed away growling as a warning to something that actually attached. Of course, I wasn't about to let any of these dogs keep a hold of me despite a stance of not being scared, so I "pushed them off".

Of course, I'll say this to anyone who many try to do this themself. Do not. I have nearly been seriously attacked several times and yes, it is very hard to tell if an dog is going to actually bite you or "warn you off". You should try to never allow yourself in a situation where a dog will inevitably bite you. If you are cornered by a dog, defend yourself, and do not just sit there and so forth. Get something between you and the dog, if possible, even if it's just your foot (and hopefully it's not bare).

This was all kinda spur of the moment, and being terrified about the potential for attack by a decently large dog does kind of impair one's judgment, but it all depends on the person. The dog was in a very similar situation, and it obviously didn't have a gun. It's hard to say that it's justified or not when it comes to this, due to situation circumstances.
SolemnWhisper Yellow Sparx Gems: 1054
#65 Posted: 22:01:37 03/07/2013
Yeah well, the police in 'MURICA also peppersprayed a six year old with a mental disability.

I didn't "blame" America. I was stating that it happened there.
#66 Posted: 22:02:51 03/07/2013

With the intent to mock and ridicule. >.>
#67 Posted: 22:49:44 03/07/2013
My favorite YouTuber on this topic.
#68 Posted: 23:06:59 03/07/2013
Quote: azz01
I knew I hated the cops,how dare they.The man did nothing wrong he just asked a question.I hope that cop is fired.I hate cops because they fell like they have power and do not have to follow the law even though they in force it.I hate it when an animal dies.

You're truly ignorant. There is no other way to say it.
#69 Posted: 23:12:15 03/07/2013
I knew I hated the cops,how dare they.The man did nothing wrong he just asked a question.I hope that cop is fired.I hate cops because they fell like they have power and do not have to follow the law even though they in force it.I hate it when an animal dies.

Metallo, shut up.
#70 Posted: 23:13:48 03/07/2013

How could you blame a man who probably got the crud scared out of him and spurred and shot the gun at the dog? You act like all cops feel like they have power and do not have to follow the law. Only some cops do that. Most of them are really nice and reliable people. Have you even talked to a cop before? They're not the stereotypical donut-eating people that the media shoves down our throats. And as said earlier, the dog jumped on the cop attempting to kill him. As I said earlier, it was a live or die situation.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:16:20 03/07/2013 by MoonHorizons
#71 Posted: 23:17:11 03/07/2013
Quote: Bravo101

Metallo, shut up.

If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen.
thumper Ripto Gems: 3519
#72 Posted: 23:21:59 03/07/2013
In all honesty, the cop did have the right to shoot the dog. I would have done the same thing. Have you ever been attacked by a Rottweiler? Would you want to be attacked by a dog like that? Hell no. Any one in the cops' position would have shot that dog. Why would anyone allow a dog to attack them and let the dog bite them? I do feel bad watching that dog get shot, but be realistic here, if the guy would have closed the windows even 3/4 ways up, this dog would probably be alive and the owner probably would have gotten a citation. This whole situation could have been avoided if that guy would have stayed out of the situation that was going on. Just a thought mind you.
ace Gold Sparx Gems: 2982
#73 Posted: 23:31:54 03/07/2013

this ^

Anyways, i still say the dog an unfortunate bystandard :/ For people saying that the cop didnt have to shoot the dog, i'm sorry to say it but he didnt have too much of a choice. Yeah you can tase or mace the dog, but what happens then? what happens after a person gets tased or maced? They get put into handcuffs so they cant cause anymore trouble. Once the tase or mace wore off the dog would most likely try again and they cant just keep tasing or macing it till animal control arrives. The dog is trying to protect it's owner and dogs can be very loyal to the point where mace or a taser would aggravate it more.

And for the ones hating on the cops saying the owner did nothing wrong. Go back and read my 1st comment. He was obstructing an armed robbery investigation
---
Praise Helix!!!
aran Emerald Sparx Gems: 4040
#74 Posted: 23:35:31 03/07/2013 | Topic Creator

Oh, it's perfectly FINE to piss on America, but if someone said something like that about the UK or Australia, they'd get jumped on. >.>

Look, when you're in a pressured situation like that, you don't have time to think. You just do the first thing that comes to mind. If you look closely in the video, you'll see that he tried to grab the dog's collar first, which shows that he wasn't thinking about killing it. He felt threatened and reacted. Have you ever been in a situation like that? I doubt you have, so don't judge him nor anyone involved.

if i was in the cops shoes, if the aggressive dog jumped on me like that, i would most likely shot the dog.....
i would feel lake a total d***k, but still....
#75 Posted: 23:44:22 03/07/2013
Quote: ace

this ^

Anyways, i still say the dog an unfortunate bystandard :/ For people saying that the cop didnt have to shoot the dog, i'm sorry to say it but he didnt have too much of a choice. Yeah you can tase or mace the dog, but what happens then? what happens after a person gets tased or maced? They get put into handcuffs so they cant cause anymore trouble. Once the tase or mace wore off the dog would most likely try again and they cant just keep tasing or macing it till animal control arrives. The dog is trying to protect it's owner and dogs can be very loyal to the point where mace or a taser would aggravate it more.

And for the ones hating on the cops saying the owner did nothing wrong. Go back and read my 1st comment. He was obstructing an armed robbery investigation

The cop didn't have a tazer on him, and macing would've actually taken too long.
#76 Posted: 23:56:27 03/07/2013

this ^

The cop didn't have a tazer on him, and macing would've actually taken too long.

thats beside the point though. Point i was trying to make was that neither would have worked. I dont think a lot of people realize how scary it is to be attacked by a dog (i have). Short of lethal force there isnt much that can be done.
---
Praise Helix!!!
#77 Posted: 23:58:02 03/07/2013

this ^

thats beside the point though. Point i was trying to make was that neither would have worked. I dont think a lot of people realize how scary it is to be attacked by a dog (i have). Short of lethal force there isnt much that can be done.

Yup. Indeed.
#78 Posted: 00:03:43 04/07/2013

this ^

My friend was attacked by a dog once and he got a bad wound. If he was attacked by his much bigger dog, his arm would've been off in not too long. That really shows that the cop had no choice but to use lethal force. Like you said, people don't realize how scary it is to be attacked by a dog.
---
#79 Posted: 00:13:40 04/07/2013
Quote: MoonHorizons

My friend was attacked by a dog once and he got a bad wound. If he was attacked by his much bigger dog, his arm would've been off in not too long. That really shows that the cop had no choice but to use lethal force. Like you said, people don't realize how scary it is to be attacked by a dog.

I had a lil bit of protection when i got attacked. I'd rather not share what all happened cause it is extremely personal but, even with the protection i had on my arm i had what i am sure was nerve damage since i coulndnt use my hand for about a week.
---
Praise Helix!!!
Kitty Platinum Sparx Gems: 5106
#80 Posted: 00:20:59 04/07/2013
Quote: MoonHorizons

Not just any dog, a rottweiler. I have one living across from my home, and he's very large and quite dangerous. He lives outside in a cage, and I always fear he'll break free and attack either myself or someone else in my family.

It's always easy to judge someone until you're in their shoes.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:21:37 04/07/2013 by Kitty
#81 Posted: 00:22:15 04/07/2013
The cop did not have a tazer. And even if he did the dog would have to get close enough letting it have a better chance to attack the cop.
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me