Page 1 of 1
PVP Team Format [CLOSED]
MatPresco Red Sparx Gems: 59
#1 Posted: 05:18:26 01/07/2013 | Topic Creator
So my friends and I have all beaten the story, leveled up all our skylanders, finished pretty much every completionist venture they put in the game but we were still loving the game so then we turned to PVP.

During the time we have been playing PVP I was trying to think of some ways to make it more competitive, but still fair if I wanted to use a Skylander I liked, rather than one that was very powerful. So I came up with the idea of building a team and battling it out with a set team. Basically creating different formats for Skylanders.

We started out with the idea that you should have multiple members, a team instead of just 1 skylander. No one wants to play one and done, with how short the bouts are. So we decided on a team of 5 for ours. We also considered 3, but once again with the short nature of the games, best 3of5 seemed a bit more substantial, but not too drawn out.

Next we tried to set limits on which skylanders we would be able to play. My friend asked me "Why not just play 5 of the same character then? Find one really good character and spam him out." In an effort to avoid something like that and keep it still a bit friendly, we decided that we would only allow 1 duplicate, and maybe restrict the number of an element that you can play.

The rules that we have playing with for a while were as follows:
1. You may only have up to one Giant on your team.
2. You must have at least one Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure character (Green based figure)
3. You may only duplicate one named figure (EX: Chop Chop S2 & Chop Chop S1, Flashwing & Jade Flashwing, Two Stump Smash S2s, etc.)
4. You may only have up to two of each element (2 Air, 2 Fire, 1 Undead; 2 Tech, 1 Magic, 1 Air, 1 Water, or 5 Different elements)

This system allowed me to have my team as: S1 Spyro, S2 Lightning Rod, S2 Chop Chop, Fright Ryder, and Tree Rex
Where one of my friends played: S1 Flame Slinger, S2 Prism Break, LC Prism Break, S2 Cynder, and Thumpback
My Wife set up a team: S1 Drobot, Jade Flashwing, Flashwing, LC Chill, and Scarlet Ninjini
Then my brother's team, still followed the rules but didn't use all his available resources: S1 Hex, S1 Steath Elf, S2 Legendary Stealth Elf, S1 Trigger Happy, S2 Zap

So it makes for a diverse system, that still offers you a free choice in lots of characters to choose from.

Once we have our teams set then we play a number of different ways. Some times we take their cards and shuffle them together, then draw random match ups. Other times we will secretly pick and order and play them out that way. Some times in the order we set our S1 has to be first and our Giant has to be last. So there is much flexibility there as well.

Some of the Rules are up for debate still. Some thought that I should change the S1 rule to a limit on the number of characters with an available Wow Pow. Some thought we should drop the element rule all together. Most everyone agrees with the limit on the Giant and limit on the character duplicates. The idea had even been tossed around to bump the giants up to two, being that they are not strictly better.

But what do you guys think? Has anyone else come up with other similar organized play systems? Do you have any comments to my rules, or ideas for improvement?
Thanks for the help guys, talk to you soon.
-Mat
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#2 Posted: 14:31:35 01/07/2013
My team would be:
The almighty master of the hardcore, IGNITOR!
The Alchemy wizz, POP FIZZ!
The guy who they based the song "Burn Baby Burn" off of, HOT HEAD!
Someone all the chipmunks, I see a witch doctor, VOODOOD!
Last But not least, Get ready to crank it up in high gear cause its DROBOT!
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me