Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > if you knew your gov. was doing something bad, what would you do?
Page 1 of 1
if you knew your gov. was doing something bad, what would you do? [CLOSED]
aran Emerald Sparx Gems: 4040
#1 Posted: 18:39:07 26/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Edward Snowden told the people that our government is spying on our phone calls, hacking our computers, collecting our emails, taking screen shots of our computers and ect... and the sad thing is that it's all true D:

now the government is trying to hunt him down, and if they catch him, he may get the death penalty.

so if you where in his shoes, what would you do? would you tell the people what the government is secretly doing to them, or don't say anything?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:39:38 26/06/2013 by aran
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6621
#2 Posted: 19:03:30 26/06/2013
The governments excuse for this is that it helps stop terrorism. I still think that they should not spy on us. It is invading our privacy. The government hides so much stuff from the America people and do such terrible things. I would've told, no matter what the cost. They needed to know. America should just be destroyed and rebuilt on a better government, ACTUALLY for the PEOPLE and not for the MONEY and VOTES.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#3 Posted: 19:08:46 26/06/2013
My government does do a lot of bad things but I just complain about it because nobody gives a crap about bad things unless it directly effects them or it involves money.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#4 Posted: 19:20:38 26/06/2013
america are u even trying??????
Brightscales Ripto Gems: 445
#5 Posted: 19:59:01 26/06/2013
what.
cowpowa23 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4833
#6 Posted: 23:11:26 26/06/2013
Most likely.
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#7 Posted: 00:18:17 27/06/2013
Quote: aran
Edward Snowden told the people that our government is spying on our phone calls, hacking our computers, collecting our emails, taking screen shots of our computers and ect... and the sad thing is that it's all true D:

now the government is trying to hunt him down, and if they catch him, he may get the death penalty.

so if you where in his shoes, what would you do? would you tell the people what the government is secretly doing to them, or don't say anything?

Proof?

To be honest, I don't know who to believe. I frankly don't care, either. It comes as no surprise to me, these rumors about government espionage and surveillance. I am not a criminal nor a terrorist, therefore I have nothing to hide, so I could care less if they spy on me or not.
aran Emerald Sparx Gems: 4040
#8 Posted: 00:52:11 27/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Metallo

Proof?

To be honest, I don't know who to believe. I frankly don't care, either. It comes as no surprise to me, these rumors about government espionage and surveillance. I am not a criminal nor a terrorist, therefore I have nothing to hide, so I could care less if they spy on me or not.

every one has something to hide...also if you give them an inch, they will take a mile. also with that mentality, in 20 years from now we may have to have mandatory video cameras in our house, and even thinking in the wrong way would end up with cops breaking down the door. D:
and also if they have all that data on you, what would happen if some one hacked in and took all your info :/ or you became a power politician in the government, and they blacked mailed you to pass laws.....

also i don't want to live in a world like 1984....
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:54:26 27/06/2013 by aran
#9 Posted: 01:16:16 27/06/2013

Proof?

every one has something to hide...also if you give them an inch, they will take a mile. also with that mentality, in 20 years from now we may have to have mandatory video cameras in our house, and even thinking in the wrong way would end up with cops breaking down the door. D:
and also if they have all that data on you, what would happen if some one hacked in and took all your info :/ or you became a power politician in the government, and they blacked mailed you to pass laws.....

also i don't want to live in a world like 1984....

I asked for proof. You did not present it.
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6345
#10 Posted: 01:21:02 27/06/2013
jesus hopped up christ what more proof do you want apart from big bro is hunting down snowden for revealing that they were doing all this?

Proof?

I hate this argument. I have nothing to hide so I don't care that my privacy is being invaded smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:22:21 27/06/2013 by Big Green
#11 Posted: 01:23:01 27/06/2013
Quote: Big Green

Proof?

I hate this argument. I have nothing to hide so I don't care that my privacy is being invaded smilie

To be honest, I'm skeptical of all this anyway. What I think is REALLY going on, is that the government is only monitoring those whom they suspect of terrorist activity, and everyone else is blowing it out of proportion.

They are hunting down Snowden because he carries secrets about our military, and in case you didn't notice, WE ARE ON THE BRINK OF WAR WITH NORTH KOREA. It is a HUGE risk if someone like him abandons their post. If he did this in a time of peace, then yes, there should be more skepticism, but no.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:24:53 27/06/2013 by Metallo
#12 Posted: 01:24:23 27/06/2013

Proof?

To be honest, I'm skeptical of all this anyway. What I think is REALLY going on, is that the government is only monitoring those whom they suspect of terrorist activity, and everyone else is blowing it out of proportion.

they don't give two ****s about safety
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04...wanted=all&_r=0
even NY times doesn't try to deny this anymore
#13 Posted: 01:28:07 27/06/2013
Yes, our government is corrupt. But the whole surveillance thing seems a little far-fetched to me. There is no solid proof that they're spying on us. We have bigger concerns, like how we're ruining innocent lives in the Middle East all in the name of oil and cash.

American Capitalism is awful in every aspect. There WILL be a revolution eventually. But still, though.....This whole surveillance thing is a little far-fetched. I think it's more propaganda, just like the whole drone scare.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:46:01 27/06/2013 by Metallo
huge dotd freak Emerald Sparx Gems: 3354
#14 Posted: 02:02:16 27/06/2013
Oh, I thought you meant like, just living our average lives, I was gonna be like"well I'm American, so, Im shurley nlt alone in this boat." Yeah...
---
Do you not like my mouth words?
#15 Posted: 02:37:13 27/06/2013
Yes, our government is corrupt. But the whole surveillance thing seems a little far-fetched to me. There is no solid proof that they're spying on us. We have bigger concerns, like how we're ruining innocent lives in the Middle East all in the name of oil and cash.

American Capitalism is awful in every aspect. There WILL be a revolution eventually. But still, though.....This whole surveillance thing is a little far-fetched. I think it's more propaganda, just like the whole drone scare.

yeah, I guess all those drone murders were just propaganda
#16 Posted: 02:49:03 27/06/2013

There were no drone attacks on U.S. soil. If you're talking about the ones in the Middle East, then yes, I agree. But none of them occurred on U.S. soil.
#17 Posted: 03:18:52 27/06/2013

There were no drone attacks on U.S. soil. If you're talking about the ones in the Middle East, then yes, I agree. But none of them occurred on U.S. soil.

they have killed americans
http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/22/...rikes-americans

they shouldn't be killing anyone
#18 Posted: 03:29:13 27/06/2013

they have killed americans
http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/22/...rikes-americans

they shouldn't be killing anyone

Those are exactly what I was talking about. They happened in Afghanistan. -.-

But those drones are military weapons. Saying they shouldn't be killing anyone is like saying that standard-issue assault rifles shouldn't be killing anyone.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:30:32 27/06/2013 by Metallo
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me