Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Skylanders Super-Fan have the biggest collection and a Tattoo *watch video!*
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Skylanders Super-Fan have the biggest collection and a Tattoo *watch video!* [CLOSED]
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#1 Posted: 10:46:40 26/06/2013 | Topic Creator
It looks like our own GameMaster78 that have the biggest collection here at darkspyro comes short. When compered to Roland Rogers the super-fan in the video... if not Roland Rogers is GameMaster78, that is???....

watch video...

smilie
bluerosedruid Gold Sparx Gems: 2991
#2 Posted: 11:06:02 26/06/2013
this is impressive, but I'm pretty sure GM has more.
---
Imagination is the power ? Hell yeah!!! save the franchise TFB
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#3 Posted: 14:21:41 26/06/2013
Pretty cool tat he has. Wonder if he's getting it colored in?

Anyhow, FGTV knows better than this. When he was on Media Pulp with Wes, he knows that I have 4 of each figure in this house (3 alone for me).

The guy having a collection at all, in my eyes, means he has a good collection by default, but when Andy says the biggest, when he knows there is someone out there with 3 each character in a person's personal collection, is just your typical media spin-job, where the entire truth isn't told.

And, I also say this incase there is someone out there that does have more figures than me. Andy would be dead wrong again, in saying this guy has the biggest collection, as I am sure there are people out there who have 2 of every character, and they have this guy beat, due to this guy focusing on his wedding (not a bad thing).

That is an awesome tat, and the guy is getting married, so that's awesome too.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#4 Posted: 14:42:15 26/06/2013
holy COW (smilie)
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#5 Posted: 15:20:29 26/06/2013
Quote: GameMaster78
Pretty cool tat he has. Wonder if he's getting it colored in?

Anyhow, FGTV knows better than this. When he was on Media Pulp with Wes, he knows that I have 4 of each figure in this house (3 alone for me).

The guy having a collection at all, in my eyes, means he has a good collection by default, but when Andy says the biggest, when he knows there is someone out there with 3 each character in a person's personal collection, is just your typical media spin-job, where the entire truth isn't told.

And, I also say this incase there is someone out there that does have more figures than me. Andy would be dead wrong again, in saying this guy has the biggest collection, as I am sure there are people out there who have 2 of every character, and they have this guy beat, due to this guy focusing on his wedding (not a bad thing).

That is an awesome tat, and the guy is getting married, so that's awesome too.

This isn't a size contest---it actually isn't THAT bad getting all of these guys. Outside of a few SSA variants I've yet to collect, 3-4 of each character is MY standard (to keep boxed) and one set to play. Whomever says they have the largest--be prepared to have a geek bigger than you announce their throne status LOL.

What I find an accomplishment is the time it takes to complete all max money/upgrades/quests/heroics from both games with ALL characters...that's about a 300 hour investment by my estimation. (~3 hours per skylander). NOW THAT'S cool (or sad) depending on your perspective smilie I've been pretty spotty doing this but methodically going through all of the SSA guys now. I'm trying to average one character a day.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 15:24:10 26/06/2013 by GhostRoaster
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#6 Posted: 16:06:25 26/06/2013
Pretty soon I'll be the youngest person to personally own a complete Giants collection. 14 here.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
LloydDXZX Yellow Sparx Gems: 1637
#7 Posted: 16:40:46 26/06/2013
Quote: Matteomax
Pretty soon I'll be the youngest person to personally own a complete Giants collection. 14 here.

I'm 14 too! And the guy is really nice but... I think that he don't really plays with ALL those figures... It's now collection for him and it's supposed to be a game...
---
Imaginators is making it revive.
Skylandnerd Green Sparx Gems: 406
#8 Posted: 16:46:47 26/06/2013
I knew toy store employees were taking all the good skylanders before we got the chance to get them! lol
---
http://skylandnerd.blogspot.com/ Check out my new blog that has close looks at Skylander figures, guides to finding rare Skylanders and soon to be more.
#9 Posted: 17:43:47 26/06/2013
i know that!
#10 Posted: 18:11:44 26/06/2013
Quote: LloydDXZX

I'm 14 too! And the guy is really nice but... I think that he don't really plays with ALL those figures... It's now collection for him and it's supposed to be a game...

Stop. The game can be enjoyed, and the collecting can be enjoyed as well. Diffrent strokes.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Loloichi Green Sparx Gems: 355
#11 Posted: 20:08:59 26/06/2013
I'm sorry, that tattoo looks silly and cheap.
Probably got it in the spur of the moment and only paid fifty bucks for it.
---
I have a boxed Polar Whirlwind and a loose Scarlet Ninjijni to trade! Message me please! <3
Hexblazer Blue Sparx Gems: 895
#12 Posted: 23:20:27 29/06/2013
Cool tattoo, maybe i'll get a smilie or smilie tattoo lol smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:21:43 29/06/2013 by Hexblazer
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#13 Posted: 00:49:21 30/06/2013
Quote: Loloichi

Yeah now he is bragging to game master.
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
#14 Posted: 00:55:54 30/06/2013
I welcome his challenge. This is gonna be fun. Can't wait to see his collection. I hope he shows it off for us all. smilie
---
#15 Posted: 01:04:54 30/06/2013
I welcome his challenge. This is gonna be fun. Can't wait to see his collection. I hope he shows it off for us all. smilie

Heh heh yeah let's see OR WAIT what if he is lying?
---
SkylandFollower Green Sparx Gems: 151
#16 Posted: 06:01:26 30/06/2013
i think that DlUA has the best collection
#17 Posted: 06:13:43 30/06/2013
Quote: Sleepy0429

Well, I always believe things when I see it. I've only heard about his collection, in his interview with Andy (which he says he was not being truthful to Andy in that interview in my topic).

I mean, in my eyes, we all have good collections, big or small. However, he said my days as the superfan was done, so that was an open challenge that I happily accept. All in good fun. However, actions speak louder than words... or in this case, pictures. Even if he has 3 of everything, I still have him beat due to there being 4 complete sets in this household.

Since the dude has a wedding to pay for, and he needed to sell some figures (unless that was a lie he told Andy as well), I can't see him buying 17 of each Swaplander (16 to open 1 to keep sealed) in order to display all 256.

Man, everytime I think about having all 256 combinations, it makes me wish they would do something where you can have cards/stickers that have all combination names and art. Talk about epic, if VV did that.
---
#18 Posted: 09:46:39 30/06/2013
I mean, in my eyes, we all have good collections, big or small. However, he said my days as the superfan was done, so that was an open challenge that I happily accept. All in good fun. However, actions speak louder than words... or in this case, pictures. Even if he has 3 of everything, I still have him beat due to there being 4 complete sets in this household.

So, I didn't see this comment on the video (about you not being a superfan). Also, doesn't sound authentic to say we all have good collections and then turn around and make it a competition in which you think you're the winner. I guarantee there's folks out there not coming forth that have taken it to even more ludicrous levels.

I get you're trying to be humble, though smilie
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 09:47:32 30/06/2013 by GhostRoaster
RolandRogers Ripto Gems: 13
#19 Posted: 12:24:17 30/06/2013
Hey GameMaster78 the interview with Andy was great and Andy is a good guy, that are very passionate about his gaming hobby. I didn't want to embarrassing Andy with his small Skylanders collection, so i just stayed humbled and wasn't complete honest. But with that said i regret it a bit now, but it is really no problem. Andy know about it and we are friends and keep in touch.

I must agree with GhostRoaster here, you GameMaster78 don't sound to authentic when it comes to Skylanders collecting, you already dropped the PS3 Skylanders bundle. As a long time Skylanders collector and no.1 super-fan, i don't think you are up for it. If there is gonna be a competition you will just chicken out. So to be honest here i don't think you can call yourself the biggest Skylanders collector anymore.
NinjaHarley Yellow Sparx Gems: 1346
#20 Posted: 12:43:26 30/06/2013

Well, I always believe things when I see it. I've only heard about his collection, in his interview with Andy (which he says he was not being truthful to Andy in that interview in my topic).

Since the dude has a wedding to pay for, and he needed to sell some figures (unless that was a lie he told Andy as well), I can't see him buying 17 of each Swaplander (16 to open 1 to keep sealed) in order to display all 256.

Man, everytime I think about having all 256 combinations, it makes me wish they would do something where you can have cards/stickers that have all combination names and art. Talk about epic, if VV did that.

Now Now David, Relax it'll only be a matter of time before your screaming you quit due to not being able to find a swap force figure
#21 Posted: 12:53:10 30/06/2013
Quote: NinjaHarley

Now Now David, Relax it'll only be a matter of time before your screaming you quit due to not being able to find a swap force figure

1000000000 times this.
---
vinzclortho37 Blue Sparx Gems: 949
#22 Posted: 17:31:47 30/06/2013
Quote: Loloichi

This. As a former tattoo artist and owner of tons of quality tattoo work, the tattoo is jacked. Shaky, blown lines everywhere. Maybe he could get a decent artist to fix what he has and color it in.

Also, I left a similar comment on the video itself. Life is way too short to have awful tattoos.
---
Skylanders Plugs!
Pics coming soon!
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#23 Posted: 17:49:34 30/06/2013
Quote: RolandRogers
Hey GameMaster78 the interview with Andy was great and Andy is a good guy, that are very passionate about his gaming hobby. I didn't want to embarrassing Andy with his small Skylanders collection, so i just stayed humbled and wasn't complete honest. But with that said i regret it a bit now, but it is really no problem. Andy know about it and we are friends and keep in touch.

I must agree with GhostRoaster here, you GameMaster78 don't sound to authentic when it comes to Skylanders collecting, you already dropped the PS3 Skylanders bundle. As a long time Skylanders collector and no.1 super-fan, i don't think you are up for it. If there is gonna be a competition you will just chicken out. So to be honest here i don't think you can call yourself the biggest Skylanders collector anymore.

Yeah yeah, quit your whining, Kappa.

Andy has a large collection, he opens most of them for his kids.. He even has a freakin' Arbo prototype.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#24 Posted: 17:52:36 30/06/2013
Quote: RolandRogers

Yeah yeah, quit your whining, Kappa.

Andy has a large collection, he opens most of them for his kids.. He even has a freakin' Arbo prototype.

DUN DUN DUN
---
jet-vac6000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1718
#25 Posted: 19:34:29 03/07/2013
Wow that gut is a sad, sad man. I mean I love Skylanders but a FREAKIN TATTOO?
I mean GM doesn't boast about his collection but this guy? He probably doesn't even play with them. He is just looking for attention.
He probably was thinking EBAY when he saw that E3 Hot Dog.
---
Eggs
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#26 Posted: 20:45:00 03/07/2013
An entire thread dedicated (and updated with virtually every new wave) to pictures of his shrine isn't boasting?

I've seen him plug his collection on a couple of other forums as well...

It *is* a nice collection, but the only reason to give yourself your own, dedicated thread is to boast.
ShinkenRed Gold Sparx Gems: 2651
#27 Posted: 20:53:49 03/07/2013
Quote: UncleBob
An entire thread dedicated (and updated with virtually every new wave) to pictures of his shrine isn't boasting?

I've seen him plug his collection on a couple of other forums as well...

It *is* a nice collection, but the only reason to give yourself your own, dedicated thread is to boast.

Couldn't have said it better myself, UncleBob.
---
Unique Character roster:
S:SA: 32/32, S:G: 16/16, S:SF: 32/32, S:TT: 36/36
#28 Posted: 23:00:01 03/07/2013
Quote: jet-vac6000
Wow that gut is a sad, sad man. I mean I love Skylanders but a FREAKIN TATTOO?
I mean GM doesn't boast about his collection but this guy? He probably doesn't even play with them. He is just looking for attention.
He probably was thinking EBAY when he saw that E3 Hot Dog.

I give him the testicular fortitude award for getting the tattoo. He's definitely more of a fan than me. (roll of the eyes). I agree he needs the color in and to fix some of the lines.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:01:26 03/07/2013 by GhostRoaster
#29 Posted: 23:39:33 03/07/2013
Well, since Unc is assuming based on something he apparently never knew, I will brief those agreeing with him.

I originally posted my collection in Vhraina's topic. However, people kept suggesting I start my own topic, so I did.

So, it was an idea of one or a few people here that lead me to making my own topic. However, on Neogaf, I always post it on the main Skylanders topic of that year (hence I didn't make my own topic there).

Hope this clarifies things for those who weren't around back when Skylanders was just getting out of the door.
---
#30 Posted: 00:43:37 04/07/2013
I knew it. Just because someone tells you to do something, it doesn't mean you have to do it. Nor did you need to post a dozen pictures in the main collection topic.

As for "those who weren't around" - I still have my receipt from Day 1 where I purchased two versions of SSA and every originally released figure (although my Target and Walmart receipts for their exclusives may not be in there...). Personally, I was around pre-day 1. smilie
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#31 Posted: 08:18:10 04/07/2013
My parents would kill me if I got a tattoo... no matter what my age smilie
Anyway, I play the game, I'm not a collector, but it is always cool to see mega-collections.
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
#32 Posted: 13:31:07 04/07/2013
Quote: Doomslicer
My parents would kill me if I got a tattoo... no matter what my age smilie
Anyway, I play the game, I'm not a collector, but it is always cool to see mega-collections.

Indeed. I've seen some cool collections out there.
---
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#33 Posted: 16:08:55 04/07/2013
There is another video on him showing some variants some unboxed, some boxed.

Most are SSA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5swclbMvddg
---
#34 Posted: 16:14:56 04/07/2013
soooooooooooo coooool!
Datminecraftguy Green Sparx Gems: 417
#35 Posted: 11:03:48 07/07/2013
Do you mean all the skylanders including variants? I'm 12 and I have almost 1 of every figure,I still need ghost roaster(which I will never get smilie ) wham shell(same) and ninjini( gonna get her). If you are talking about EVERY figure including variants,wow
---
Nyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyan
fateorfear Blue Sparx Gems: 901
#36 Posted: 19:46:18 22/07/2013
I know I've cleared this up with GM but that Roland Rogers isn't the real one, that would be me!,the idiot has now been banned, I've only just found out about these posts and I'm sorry for any offence that may have occurred but I cannot be held responsible for another persons lies
---
DARK SPYRO HAS RETURNED!!!!
#37 Posted: 20:14:47 22/07/2013
I loved the avatar that was used. It was you in front of two explosions, or two Hot Dogs - I can't remember as it could be a case of ink blots. It was still funny.
---
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#38 Posted: 20:24:25 22/07/2013
Quote: fateorfear
I know I've cleared this up with GM but that Roland Rogers isn't the real one, that would be me!,the idiot has now been banned, I've only just found out about these posts and I'm sorry for any offence that may have occurred but I cannot be held responsible for another persons lies

I'm still skeptical, no offense.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Hexblazer Blue Sparx Gems: 895
#39 Posted: 20:24:35 22/07/2013
Quote: SPARXisAWESOME
Quote: Hexblazer
Cool tattoo, maybe i'll get a smilie or smilie tattoo lol smilie

(If you are being serious) I wouldn't recommend it, getting a permanent tattoo is a big decision..
You may like Skylanders now, but you may grow out of it and regret it when you're older :[

On topic: Woah.. so that's a hardcore collector in his prime smilie

Good thing i wasn't serious smilie
#40 Posted: 20:26:53 22/07/2013
I honestly think this is the real Roland.
---
#41 Posted: 20:33:04 22/07/2013
what proof would you guys actually like? how about a photo of me with the personalised drawing that I-Wei sent me?
---
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#42 Posted: 20:35:31 22/07/2013
^That would be nice, it would be proof enough.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#43 Posted: 20:39:03 22/07/2013 | Topic Creator
guys it is the real rolandrogers for shure...
#44 Posted: 20:39:57 22/07/2013
just putting some on photobucket
---
#45 Posted: 20:46:14 22/07/2013
[img][User Posted Image][/img]
---
#46 Posted: 20:47:04 22/07/2013
---
#47 Posted: 20:47:34 22/07/2013
---
#48 Posted: 20:48:27 22/07/2013
I know you may consider this spamming as im multi posting, but I call it damage control and self preservation
---
#49 Posted: 22:07:43 22/07/2013
The "proof" wasn't needed, but I'm glad you posted anyway! Neat to see the artwork!

Wonder if they'd hook me up with some customer Drill Sergent artwork to go with my autographed WERDSs smilie
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me