Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Spyros Adventure being released in Japan, for Wii U!
Page 1 of 1
Spyros Adventure being released in Japan, for Wii U! [CLOSED]
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#1 Posted: 03:40:55 26/06/2013 | Topic Creator
[User Posted Image]
- due out on 12th of July
- seeing release on PS3, Wii, 3DS and Wii U
- Wii U version will feature off-TV Play, Stats display, Menu navigation
- it will also use the GamePad for Lock puzzle mini games

Will NA get the WiiU version? Let's contact Activision!

Here's the Japanese trailer.
---
words. letters. filler.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:46:20 26/06/2013 by TacoMakerSkys
Hexblazer Blue Sparx Gems: 895
#2 Posted: 03:47:55 26/06/2013
Dark posted this on the latest news but ya good news for japan
#3 Posted: 04:31:44 26/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Just saw today on GoNintendo .-.
---
words. letters. filler.
Trexroarr Gold Sparx Gems: 2219
#4 Posted: 04:46:10 26/06/2013
I want to see SA and Giants on PS4. That would be amazing.
---
Skylanders Collection smilie
78 S1 + 37 S2 + 16 S3 + 1 S4 + 19 LC + 8 Minis + 12 G + 25 SF + 13 TM + 2 EE + 34 Traps + 39 Items = 284 + 11 Chase = 295 Total
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#5 Posted: 05:52:24 26/06/2013
Quote: TacoMakerSkys

Here's the Japanese trailer.

Awesome trailer!
Also, did any of the original, American trailers have that brief part in the beginning where several planets and space are shown passing by?
Also, is it just me or did it seem SSA had much better graphics than I remember?
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
Pyrofer Gold Sparx Gems: 2495
#6 Posted: 07:51:02 26/06/2013
Did they just stop the Skylanders from speaking instead of re-voicing them all in Japanese???
I was waiting for "NO GOLD, NO GLORY!"
I didn't hear one Skylander spoken word....
SkylandFollower Green Sparx Gems: 151
#7 Posted: 09:07:27 26/06/2013
Finally, great news for Japan! This was way overdue!

If they're rerelasing it in English as well, they had better release it in PAL regions- America and Canada aren't the only countries :/ And I would totally LOVE a Wii U version. Then again, they aren't getting a 360 version because Microsoft aren't big there, so maybe we aren't getting a Wii U since the western media shuns Ni- err, I mean, because we've had SA for ages.

@Pyrofer If that's the case, my cousin will be so disappointed. She wants to move to Japan one day and she would hate to not have voice acting in the Japanese version, especially since she's still trying to study it and that would help her tons. Also, this took so long, it would feel horribly lazy if they didn't add voices,
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 09:11:52 26/06/2013 by SkylandFollower
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#8 Posted: 10:22:41 26/06/2013
The characters most likely will have japanese voices but for a trailer sometimes it's much easier just to slap it together like they did for that one. Hopefully they will release a wii U version in the states but that would be much up to debate at this point at how they are working on swap force getting out here. I have a feeling they'll probably do all three of the next gen consoles to have a collector's bundle type for the games that weren't released on them at some point.

I don't see how companies can hate on the wii U especially with the way you can use the gamepad to play games which is much better if you don't want to connect to the tv.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#9 Posted: 10:33:23 26/06/2013
Gamepad play is excellent for doing heroic challenges.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#10 Posted: 11:09:26 26/06/2013
so they remade ssa with the updated sg game emgine or is this made with the ssf game engine??... this remake for ssa for the wii-u is just crazy... here i was yesterday thinking they should do a remake of ssa and here we are its been done for the wii-u... whats next??.. a new version for ps3 that you can use with the psvita??.. and is there also a new version of it for the ps4???

anyway someone here must get this version of the ssa game and compare it between the ps3/x60/pc version and see what we miss out on and what improvements have been done...

and i hope there will be an english version of this remake, then i will buy it again.. ssa is the best skylanders game so far that is for sure...

this will sell good in japan smilie
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 11:15:43 26/06/2013 by kappapopm
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#11 Posted: 13:45:37 26/06/2013
I feel that the wii u version will be a port of the wii one just with updated use of the wii u gamepad. We could possibly see an american release but idk if activision would want to cause its ssa would be at least 2 games old here. It could amybe come to the wi u shop or something.
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#12 Posted: 13:49:20 26/06/2013
if no one even noticed, this is already posted in the spyro's advanture page
Tel Prydain Blue Sparx Gems: 903
#13 Posted: 23:01:24 26/06/2013
Best part is that the figures are being re-issued. Folks looking for the lost 8, this is your chance!
---
My collection: 98/99
Photos: http://s1298.photobucket.com/u...rary/Skylanders
Looking for: smilie
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#14 Posted: 23:36:56 26/06/2013
Quote: Tel Prydain
Best part is that the figures are being re-issued. Folks looking for the lost 8, this is your chance!

That is actually a really good point. I wonder if we'll see any of that action stateside; more Boomers, I'm sure, would be welcome.
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#15 Posted: 00:48:30 27/06/2013
Weird Japanese fanart beginning in 3... 2... 1...

I hope it's a hit over there enough for them to make some nice UFO plush!
---
#all Spyros are valid
#16 Posted: 01:30:22 27/06/2013
I'm told that the reissued toys are 100% the same as the US Series 1 figures (same molds, same RFID chips, etc), but will be in Japanese packaging. Given that the packaging will be in Japanese, I'm pretty doubtful we'll see them outside of Japan.
Anyway, that means that in-pack collectors will be out of luck, but people who are happy to own loose figures will be able to get whatever they're missing.

Having said that, I've spent some time in Japan, and if it takes off there we won't see any benefit from a rare S1s getting a re-release. Think Skylanders fans are crazy? You haven't seen anything until you've seen a serious Japanese collector who is happy to throw hundreds and thousands at their hobby.
In fact, if it really takes off in Japan you can expect supply of rare figures in the US/UK/etc to drop as obsessed Japanese fans import them en masse. And if scalpers figure out that Japanese collectors are willing to pay, I can only see availability getting a lot worse.
---
shelly9871 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1246
#17 Posted: 01:50:57 27/06/2013
I'm interested in the characters in Japanese packaging--would be neat addition to collection but I'm guessing an enormous undertaking to collect and ship--better not even start--lol
---
Please see my guestbook for the remaining packs I need---Any help is appreciated. smilie
#18 Posted: 02:06:02 27/06/2013
There are online stores that specialize in importing Asian games... like http://www.play-asia.com/
---
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#19 Posted: 02:53:21 27/06/2013
I wonder if they will import Giants over there, too. I'd really like to see if Giants gets a different roster in Japan. I mostly ask because I do not see how Warnado could sell poorly in Japan because he's based on a Japanese icon, Gamera. Would they really change Giants' roster if there was more of a demand for certain characters?
#20 Posted: 04:33:54 27/06/2013
I can hardly imagine so - that'd be pretty major... But I could see them pushing out a SSF Series 3 version with an orange base.
---
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#21 Posted: 11:35:57 27/06/2013
Quote: MugoUrth
I wonder if they will import Giants over there, too. I'd really like to see if Giants gets a different roster in Japan. I mostly ask because I do not see how Warnado could sell poorly in Japan because he's based on a Japanese icon, Gamera. Would they really change Giants' roster if there was more of a demand for certain characters?

And have variants.
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
Spyro7850 Gold Sparx Gems: 2656
#22 Posted: 17:01:26 27/06/2013
Quote: MugoUrth

I don't think so, because then the figures wouldn't be universal.
---
#1 Roller Brawl fan
"Ness, you'll always be the best character in Smash."
-Brawl in the Family, Comic #599
#23 Posted: 17:08:51 27/06/2013

Quote: Tashiji

That is actually a really good point. I wonder if we'll see any of that action stateside; more Boomers, I'm sure, would be welcome.

Depending on price, it could be good if you want a new boomer or a new darknight crypts (if they both even are released there), however they will be in Japanese, still new is new if you want new.

I'm told that the reissued toys are 100% the same as the US Series 1 figures (same molds, same RFID chips, etc), but will be in Japanese packaging. Given that the packaging will be in Japanese, I'm pretty doubtful we'll see them outside of Japan.
Anyway, that means that in-pack collectors will be out of luck, but people who are happy to own loose figures will be able to get whatever they're missing.

Having said that, I've spent some time in Japan, and if it takes off there we won't see any benefit from a rare S1s getting a re-release. Think Skylanders fans are crazy? You haven't seen anything until you've seen a serious Japanese collector who is happy to throw hundreds and thousands at their hobby.
In fact, if it really takes off in Japan you can expect supply of rare figures in the US/UK/etc to drop as obsessed Japanese fans import them en masse. And if scalpers figure out that Japanese collectors are willing to pay, I can only see availability getting a lot worse.
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#24 Posted: 17:30:15 27/06/2013
I'm not talking about importing at all. The packaging is the least complex and easiest to print part of buying a Skylanders figure. If Activision saw financial gain in a special re-release of certain, rare S:SA figures stateside, there is literally nothing stopping them from printing up a bunch of cheap, new, easy to produce packaging and using that to get the tough part of making Skylanders--actually printing the physical figure--back onto store shelves. The existence of Japanese packaging doesn't by itself cancel out the second possibility of an American re-issue, because basically, how hard would it be to make more packages?

And for that matter, if the S:SA molds are back in use, why not fire them up for limited re-release stateside and give people who were missing them in the first place something to hunt for over a long, release-free summer? All over the boards, people are talking about finding random S:SA assortments out of the blue at their local stores, picking up characters like Camo and Warnado that should've been long gone months ago. For all I know, what I'm talking about could already be happening. Check the "I Just Bought..." thread, and you'll see tons of reports of 'retired' figures, and not just leftover S1 Whirlwinds/Stump Smashes/Hexes either, being bought very recently. I'm not saying anything definitive can be read from this, just that crazier things have happened than Activision taking advantage of a figure reprint and shipping some of them to markets in other regions.
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#25 Posted: 17:51:27 27/06/2013
I always wondered why Activision insists on keeping SSA figures rare, instead of paying stores to have another 12 foot section for SSA figures.

This would go well in competing with Infinity, because Activision would be showing the customers, "hey, look. We can always supply any newcomer to Skylanders with ALL figures, instead of making it a hassle, because we want to play Beanie Babies by retiring certain figures."

I know some newcomers to the franchise might want ALL figures, but it's next to impossible to find all figures for SSA. One simply cannot walk into any store, or TRU, and pickup -

3DS Starter Pack (for Dark Spyro)

Series 1 -

Wrecking Ball
Bash
Dino-Rang (he's been showing up lately but who knows for how long)
Zap
Wham Shell (can still be spotted, but just as rare as he's always been)
Eruptor
Drill Sergeant
Boomer (definitely this guy)
Hex (she's around but very obscure)
Chop Chop
Lightning Rod
Warnado
Camo
Zook
Legendary Spyro
Legendary Chop Chop
Legendary Bash
Legendary Trigger Happy (as odd as it is to say seeing he shelf-warmed for 10 million years)

Adventure Packs -

Darklight Crypt (so add Ghost Roaster to the list above)

I think Activision needs to come out guns blazing. They need to show what it means to keep newcomers freshly stocked on Skylanders, by making ALL Skylanders from the first game available, instead of trying to have the next Beanie Babies on their hands, by retiring figures.

At one of my local Walmarts, they have two huge sections for Skylanders, right next to each other. One is for Giants, one is for the SSA figures. They have about 15 pegs setup for SSA figures, 3 rows of 5, making me think Activision is doing just that. However, not all Walmarts have that same setup. This is also where I recently found a Dino-Rang, Zook, Lightning Rod, series 1, while also making me think they had single pack Camo and Warnado.

Activision certainly has the money to make it hard for Infinity to break any ground, by buying up sections of stores for Skylanders, keeping SSA figures stocked for people wanting ALL figures (in other words Series 1 and 2 figures), and keeping Giants stocked, while buying up room for Swap Force, which is just good marketing.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#26 Posted: 17:52:44 27/06/2013
Oh i know they could do that, i was just saying if they didnt ppl could possibly import them from japan if they wanted a new boomer or ghostr
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
#27 Posted: 19:26:33 27/06/2013
it about time
---
THE END IS NEAR
#28 Posted: 19:57:24 27/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Skylanders=Webkinz
---
words. letters. filler.
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#29 Posted: 19:58:54 27/06/2013
give us the eng version of the jap version for ps3/ps4 plz with sugar on....
SkylandFollower Green Sparx Gems: 151
#30 Posted: 22:01:49 27/06/2013
friendly reminder that the us is not the only place in the world and that europe, australia, nz and canada would like to have some of the wham-shells they put in your castle cases as well as some adventure packs

@GameMaster78 maybe because every single reposed adventure figure is inferior

the only ones they should reissue to english countries are the non-reposed, anything else is wasting production time just for the sake of having a slightly prettier display and for late-coming collectors
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:03:41 27/06/2013 by SkylandFollower
#31 Posted: 00:07:24 28/06/2013
Quote: SlayerX11

Depending on price, it could be good if you want a new boomer or a new darknight crypts (if they both even are released there), however they will be in Japanese, still new is new if you want new.

Only the packages - as I understand it, the figures are the same.

Quote: Tashiji
And for that matter, if the S:SA molds are back in use, why not fire them up for limited re-release stateside and give people who were missing them in the first place something to hunt for over a long, release-free summer? All over the boards, people are talking about finding random S:SA assortments out of the blue at their local stores, picking up characters like Camo and Warnado that should've been long gone months ago. For all I know, what I'm talking about could already be happening. Check the "I Just Bought..." thread, and you'll see tons of reports of 'retired' figures, and not just leftover S1 Whirlwinds/Stump Smashes/Hexes either, being bought very recently. I'm not saying anything definitive can be read from this, just that crazier things have happened than Activision taking advantage of a figure reprint and shipping some of them to markets in other regions.
Hold crap, good call.

Okay, now you’ve said it, it seems so obvious. Mighty Ape (a online store here in NZ) just had an influx of Giants figures, but a weird surge in SSA figures too (most of which seem to have gone).
I’d be shocked if this isn’t what’s happening.

And drip feeding them in is a good way to boost the available number without pissing off the people who paid $$$ online.
---
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#32 Posted: 00:12:34 28/06/2013

The collector card that comes with the figure will likely be in Japanese as well.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
#33 Posted: 13:41:56 28/06/2013
Quote: mantez

The collector card that comes with the figure will likely be in Japanese as well.

Ya thats what i meant, i know the figure isnt language based, its based on the games version/language. I have scarlet from germany etc.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#34 Posted: 14:08:55 28/06/2013
Thanks to Dark, we have Wave 1:

Single Packs

Camo
Chop Chop
Drobot
Eruptor
Flameslinger
Hex
Prism Break
Sonic Boom
Stump Smash
Voodood
Warnado
Wham-Shell

Adventure Packs

Darklight Crypt
Pirate Seas

Triple Packs

Drobot/Flameslinger/Stump Smash
Prism Break/Boomer/Voodood
Wrecking Ball/Stealth Elf/Sonic Boom

-From ToysRUs Japan.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:15:26 28/06/2013 by Matteomax
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#35 Posted: 14:14:49 28/06/2013
I want to have a japanese Darklight and a Japanese boomer 3 pack
#36 Posted: 22:27:22 30/06/2013
I feel sorry for anyone who overpaid for a Darklight or Boomer, but it's very unlikely that we'll see Series 2 for them, so I hope anyone wanting those figures grab them now.
---
#37 Posted: 15:11:41 01/07/2013
payed near $50 for my boomer off ebay. Got darklight luckily in jan for $20
CRBeau1 Blue Sparx Gems: 560
#38 Posted: 03:35:29 19/10/2013
I'd love to try SSA on the Wii U, but alas it is region locked to the best of my knowledge.

I've ordered Asian market Transformers before, so as long as there is a crossover market and some interested parties we should be able to buy them. What the markup is, is another matter entirely. Just watch out for knock-offs. Pretty easy to remold the characters and repaint, the chip is not necessarily the same thing though.

I think everyone would love to see a re-release of certain figures. I'd like a Boomer for my army.
---
On a continuous mission searching and rescuing rare and legendary Skylanders for my boys to play with.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me