Page 1 of 1
Glitter Hot Head---Open? [CLOSED]
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#1 Posted: 05:43:51 25/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Slightly amusing, but my seller didn't pack my Hot Head up to standards and it arrived with the card bent. We worked out a partial refund (I hated doing it but this could've been prevented if he packed better). I have another one that is in mint condition so I guess I'll just open this bad boy. Whatdaya think?
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:44:34 25/06/2013 by GhostRoaster
Tempest Yellow Sparx Gems: 1807
#2 Posted: 06:05:38 25/06/2013
Well, if you have another one, I don't see why not!
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#3 Posted: 06:24:27 25/06/2013
It seems wrong to open a Glitter Hot Head, but I concur, if you have another, why not? Especially if the box is damaged anyway, it's fairly useless in that form anyway. (I assume by "card bent", you meant the cardboard of the box, and not the collector card which would be still sealed safely away in the box)

Though this begs the question: If you already had one, why get another?
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
Ryanator20x6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1848
#4 Posted: 12:46:26 25/06/2013
Quote: niceguy1
It seems wrong to open a Glitter Hot Head, but I concur, if you have another, why not? Especially if the box is damaged anyway, it's fairly useless in that form anyway. (I assume by "card bent", you meant the cardboard of the box, and not the collector card which would be still sealed safely away in the box)

Though this begs the question: If you already had one, why get another?

Money.

Anyway I'm one of those people that thinks keeping your Skylanders closed is a stupid idea, and that you should open it.
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
#5 Posted: 22:08:07 25/06/2013 | Topic Creator
I'm both a player and a collector, hence the struggle. It's REALLY irritating me seeing the damage to the box; obviously opening him gets rid of that problem. I also know once I do this I'll want to purchase and open the other variants. I'm thinking about putting all of them in a separate display case.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#6 Posted: 22:53:56 25/06/2013
@GhostRoaster

do a youtube documentation opening video of it... so people can see this rarity being opened... it maybe get people to faint,, but it would be worth it.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:54:24 25/06/2013 by kappapopm
SkylandersEzra Emerald Sparx Gems: 3666
#7 Posted: 23:00:57 25/06/2013
I agree. An unboxing video and/or after pictures would be amazing.
#8 Posted: 23:50:11 25/06/2013
Oh yeah, GOTTA put that on YouTube. How many other results is a "Glitter Hot Head Unboxing" search going to get? smilie
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
CTFdad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1439
#9 Posted: 00:40:15 26/06/2013
I had collector's dilemma and just gave in to opening except for one. I'm still on the fence with E3 Hotdog. Will he be really worth anything in the future? I doubt it since they probably gave away a lot at E3 (well more than previous E3 figures). He'll probably end up being unboxed too.
---
"Shut up and take my money already!"
Shroomy_Boomy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1143
#10 Posted: 01:33:13 26/06/2013
i had the same dilemma with an E3 Chrome Spyro from a while ago... so from experience I'd just do it, you still have the nice one sealed so it's nice to enjoy getting to open such a rare figure every once and a while!!! smilie
---
67/67+GITD:smiliesmiliesmilieAEsmilie ROCKsmilie&smilieGLITTERsmilie&smilieSNOWsmilie

37/37+All Sidekix~WERDS~Blusmilie~Flockedsmilie~GITDsmilie~GREENsmilie~CLEARsmilie~CHROMEsmilie
#11 Posted: 02:16:43 27/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: CTFdad
I had collector's dilemma and just gave in to opening except for one. I'm still on the fence with E3 Hotdog. Will he be really worth anything in the future? I doubt it since they probably gave away a lot at E3 (well more than previous E3 figures). He'll probably end up being unboxed too.

For me, any money lost in opening it will be gained with having a cool variant collection out of box and enjoying it. I plan on opening my Hot Dog as well...and pretty much any Giants that I get a duplicate character of. I'll be targeting "distressed" boxes on eBay and placing low-ball bids to help protect me.
---
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#12 Posted: 13:55:21 27/06/2013
Hmm, he will go up in price when Swap Force comes out, so I'd save it.
There was a loose one that was too overpriced, it never sold.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#13 Posted: 15:25:22 27/06/2013 | Topic Creator
I paid $100 for mine, so even if I sold it for $80 that sounds reasonable to me.
---
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#14 Posted: 16:21:46 27/06/2013
Do whatever your heart desires!
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#15 Posted: 18:25:46 27/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Matteomax
Do whatever your heart desires!

..or wallet can afford <doh!>
---
Eevee88 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4381
#16 Posted: 06:50:26 28/06/2013
is there a emote for it *trys* :GlitterHotHead: i guess not smilie
---
Heading out, my liege? A commission, I presume? Then I shall accompany you. Just...ah, allow me to indulge in one more chapter...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:50:45 28/06/2013 by Eevee88
#17 Posted: 01:07:31 29/06/2013
They list them all here:

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/help/

I find the lack of order unnerving, so I created an organized one and printed it so I'd have a handy reference, LOL! Looks like they only do emoticons for in-game variants. smilie And no, Glitter Hot Head doesn't have one. Have to settle for Glitter smilie or Gsmilie

smilie
---
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#18 Posted: 16:23:06 30/06/2013
I don't see the point of keeping them closed...
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#19 Posted: 18:05:22 30/06/2013
me niether
Spyro7850 Gold Sparx Gems: 2656
#20 Posted: 23:20:32 30/06/2013
I'd only keep it closed if I'm collecting it and want to sell it in the future. Otherwise I'd open it.
---
#1 Roller Brawl fan
"Ness, you'll always be the best character in Smash."
-Brawl in the Family, Comic #599
#21 Posted: 01:27:37 01/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Well, it's silly to think I wouldn't sell it at some point. I'm ok taking a 20% hit on the price...problem is I don't see much data on "open" variant prices.
---
#22 Posted: 03:08:31 01/07/2013
This site tracks after-market purchases (like completed auctions on eBay), for open, closed and new, and averages the prices:

http://videogames.pricechartin...es?sort-by=name
---
Skylandscaper Emerald Sparx Gems: 3966
#23 Posted: 03:17:52 01/07/2013
I'm not a "collector" so seeing so many people keep their Skylanders in boxes confuses me. Is this the most unopened toy in history? Is there really a chance they will be worth more someday? I'm really asking here.
---
WANTED: regular Chompie Mage. Can be loose. We will open and play with it like all of our Skylanders.
groovemachine Green Sparx Gems: 117
#24 Posted: 04:01:56 01/07/2013
Only if this series of games continues and goes down as one of the biggest in history...a tall order. Most of this stuff will end up in bargain bins and garage sales as the years go by. My son found a handful of figures for $2 a piece at a garage sale the other day and the kid hadn't even logged in 20 min. any of the figures except for one...a series 2 Bash that was at level 7.

Anyone at this forum loves this game and it is doing extremely well sales-wise, but there are still many more people that aren't even aware of the game or how it works and will never be looking for these figures. Eventually, there will be newer games and newer figures that everyone will want and the SSA and Giants stuff will be just old memories.
#25 Posted: 12:13:37 02/07/2013
If this technology takes off, that could also help these figures keep/gain value over time, as being the first game to do it. Imagine back in the '70s if the first home video game systems had this ability/feature, of having physical figures reading into the game... Every game system since would have had at least a few games that do the same thing. Imagine how valuable the first figures would be now, over 30 years later... smilie

Other than that, I agree with Groovemachine, these will likely drop in value in a few years. I'm guessing Swap Force will kill the franchise, and we'll never see the Skylanders 4 that is reportedly now in production. If that happens, then starting around Fall 2014 the values will rise as stores stop carrying figures, then drop as demand does.
---
LloydDXZX Yellow Sparx Gems: 1637
#26 Posted: 12:23:33 02/07/2013
The only Skylanders that I'll keep in a box are Chase variant and sidekicks in there bag!
---
Imaginators is making it revive.
WickedRogue Gold Sparx Gems: 2725
#27 Posted: 13:14:10 04/07/2013
For people trying to resell figures and claim them as new when they are actually used, it is why Swap Force is around now to begin with.
---
Elite Skystones Set Complete.
#28 Posted: 20:35:33 04/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Skylandscaper
I'm not a "collector" so seeing so many people keep their Skylanders in boxes confuses me. Is this the most unopened toy in history? Is there really a chance they will be worth more someday? I'm really asking here.

Doubtful, but my intentions aren't in treating it as an investment. I simply liked boxed stuff with my opened stuff. I'm guessing just as some nostalgic NES cartridges in box fetch for decent penny it makes sense that some kid now "may" want to collect these 20 years down the road. It's all a crapshoot and again NOT the reason why I do it. I've been a collector and this is (in my eyes) a more economic thing for me to pursuit, plus my kids like it which helps feed the crave.

Quote: niceguy1
Other than that, I agree with Groovemachine, these will likely drop in value in a few years. I'm guessing Swap Force will kill the franchise, and we'll never see the Skylanders 4 that is reportedly now in production. If that happens, then starting around Fall 2014 the values will rise as stores stop carrying figures, then drop as demand does.

Wow, and I thought I was Debbie Downer.

I don't think the downward momentum will be dramatic, but I do think we have at least 2 or 3 games of prosperity. It really boils to what they bring to the table CONTENT wise. IMO, they've done a C+ job on content for swap force...
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:42:34 04/07/2013 by GhostRoaster
#29 Posted: 05:44:05 05/07/2013
Well they've already driven a lot of people away (including me) who won't be continuing to Swap Force because of all the abuse we've experienced due to a complete lack of information even on releases, and playing with us on releases (like giving no word whatsoever on Lightcore Hex so that hearing that she's available with a preorder of Swap Force has led a ton of people to leap to the conclusion that this is the only way to get her. A thought which will certainly drive more people away). So they can hardly lure me back with content in Swap Force if I won't even be seeing the content, will they? And they're abusing returning customers in favour of new ones.

This kind of massive neglect to established customers will bite them in the a** and numbers will drop for Swap Force, and I'm just predicting that the drop will be enough for them to bail on the franchise. smilie
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me