Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Fandom > Fan Art > Digital Art Tools Tutorials
Page 1 of 1
Digital Art Tools Tutorials [CLOSED]
Infinitus Gold Sparx Gems: 2207
#1 Posted: 22:54:07 23/06/2013 | Topic Creator
So do you want to learn how to draw digital art, first off you'll need a software that capable of drawing digital art, if you want more professional ones, you can get Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop (Both CS or Element works) or Paint Tool Sai, for freewares I recommend GIMP. If you have what you need, let's get started. Please note that I am using Photoshop and the screenshot may not match the software you are using, if you are having trouble, i am more than happy to answer your questions.

One of the most important tools for digital art can be one of the hardest ones to use. The Pen Tool can be quite a challenge for beginners. Unlike the brush tool which just requires you to move according to how you want the line to be like, the pen tool is more complex.

Before you start to draw go to your brush tool and set the px of the brush (1 px for thin lines, 3 for thicker lines, it all up to you). Just remember we are not using the Brush Tool to draw, we are just setting it up for later. Now go the brush tool, set your bar on the top to look like this before you begin:

[User Posted Image]

First let's start with the basics of the Pen Tool, the anchor points.

[User Posted Image]

As seen below, by dragging one of the two anchor points made in the previous picture, you will creating a Tangent Line which controls the curve of the line, using it, you can curve the line any way you want.

[User Posted Image]

We are now almost finished with the curved line, now all you have to do is go to the Paths and Layers Box (Make sure you are at the Paths Section), right click the Work Path and select the Stroke Path option, make sure that Tool: is Brush before clicking okay. Then click anywhere in the area under the Work Path and you are done!

[User Posted Image]

That's all for today, a new tutorial will be posted soon, so stay tuned!
---
Shadow Dragon Avatar Made By Me!
My New Art Thread!
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#2 Posted: 23:00:14 23/06/2013
This will help a lot of users.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
Infinitus Gold Sparx Gems: 2207
#3 Posted: 23:04:21 23/06/2013 | Topic Creator
I really hope it does because the Pen Tool can be a b*tch some time. I remember when I had so much trouble with it when I first used it, i was like wtf, why the hell won't the line curve >.<
---
Shadow Dragon Avatar Made By Me!
My New Art Thread!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:06:21 23/06/2013 by Infinitus
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me