Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > What should Skylanders 4's new gimmick be .. ? Vehicles ?
Page 1 of 1
What should Skylanders 4's new gimmick be .. ? Vehicles ? [CLOSED]
convicsik Red Sparx Gems: 57
#1 Posted: 16:05:04 23/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Giants had ... giants , Swap Force will have toy part swaps, so what will the next gimmick be ?

Here are my thoughts.

Skylanders 4 would continue to be an action / platformer style game, however a new toy type will be introduced using different types of vehicles.

The game levels would be more open world as opposed to linear stages and the vehicles will allow for faster exploration. If two players go in opposite directions the game would become split screen ala the Lego games. The new vehicles types would range from Mechs, Cars, Tanks, Planes, Bikes and possibly even large animals ( dinosaurs, elephants ect )

A new larger portal of power would have duel zones. One zone for the vehicles and one for the skylanders themselves.

Vehicle zones would be unlocked and depending on the type of Vehicle, you would have racing zones, combat zone, flying ect.

What do you guys think. To me this is the most obvious addition to Skylanders.

Nearly every popular action figure line in history always has vehicles , so I think this is the most logical next step.
NGC Green Sparx Gems: 379
#2 Posted: 19:10:06 30/06/2013
Hmmm... maybe items would have a stronger part in the next one? As they were quite a big focus in SSA, and then severely limited to the Dragon Fire Cannon (Think that was the only one) in SG, and I've yet to see any mention of new items in SSF
---
A Support Worker by Trade, and a part time YouTube(r)

NGC YouTube Page
Kariana Emerald Sparx Gems: 3057
#3 Posted: 19:19:05 30/06/2013
That is actually a really good idea.
---
KrazyKari.deviantart.com
GamerZack7 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1709
#4 Posted: 13:34:50 02/07/2013
Hm...sounds like the black sheep of the Banjo-Kazooie series to me. You know the one I mean. smilie

I think vehicles would be a fantastic addition to the Skylanders series. The denizens of Skylands use vehicles to travel to other islands, from airships to...more airships. I wonder though, would the Skylander toy be placed onto the vehicle toy or just next to it?

I'm sure whatever Activision/Toys for Bob has planned will be innovative and exciting, even if it turns out not to be vehicles.
---
MY SUPERCHARGER SKYLANDERS
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie | *smilie* | smiliesmilie*smilie*smiliesmilie | smilie | smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
*Currently absent*
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10259
#5 Posted: 18:31:12 02/07/2013
Quote: GamerZack7
Hm...sounds like the black sheep of the Banjo-Kazooie series to me. You know the one I mean. smilie

Nuts and Bolts would've worked with vehicles if they did it right e_e' One thing is enhancing gameplay with crazy cars/boats/planes/awesome dragon robots to go along with plataforming;another is stripping BK clean of everything that made it good and making Banjo near invincible(except for drowing/getting defeated in challenges,and even then it's just a slap on the wrist)...The game is pretty much shallow without actual hazards other than not having the right gear.

On topic,this'd probably work for a spin-off of the series,but if they make it enjoyable and make it possible for those that aren't into racing to play as well,it'd be pretty okay.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:32:19 02/07/2013 by Bifrost
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me