Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Connecting all three Spyro series into the same universe?
Page 1 of 1
Connecting all three Spyro series into the same universe? [CLOSED]
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3376
#1 Posted: 14:54:11 23/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Is it possible, my best theory is the Dragon Elders heard of Classic Spyro's adventures and heroism so they decided to train him, he turned into Malefor, 1000 years later the events of TLoS occur, and once DotD finishes Spyro joins the Skylanders, which is confirmed in Spyro and Cynder's bios in Skylanders. Any better theories?
---
"I have my own system, don't get involved"
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#2 Posted: 16:42:25 23/06/2013
There's a topic about this here:

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=70035
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9329
#3 Posted: 20:46:08 23/06/2013
OMG, this will give me a headache just to think about.
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#4 Posted: 20:22:05 24/06/2013
^Me too!! >.<
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
Pepper-Head Green Sparx Gems: 101
#5 Posted: 16:40:25 25/06/2013
I think it's sorta impossible to tie in all three universes...

All of the Spyro games that spewed from the first game are in their own universe. TLoS is an entirely different universe, since it has a completely different storyline for Spyro's birth, upbringing, etc etc.

And I think TLoS could tie into Skylands because think about it - after Spyro and Cynder defeated Malefor, there were still chunks of land floating in the sky. I beat the game again yesterday and noticed that. The only problem is that Skylanders doesn't have a lot of TLoS characters and it brings in it's own plot (Arkeyans, Portal Masters, etc).
#6 Posted: 17:08:43 27/06/2013 | Topic Creator
My new little theory would make sense... if it weren't for Kaos drinking a FREAKING JUICE BOX!!!

The events of 'The Legend of Spyro come first, in the very beginning of the dragons, the elders were born and then Malefor some time after. Malefor turned evil blah blah blah, fast forward 1000 years to TLoS Spyro's birth, being the second in the line of purple dragons.
He does all the shiz that goes on in the Legend of Spyro games, during that time The Sorceress banishes dragons from the Forgotten Realms, after defeating Malefor, Spyro and Cynder fly off over the 'Valley of Avalar' and play there for a while, that's were Eon comes in. He meets Spyro and Cynder there and asks them recruit in protecting the Skylands, they accept the proposal and live on in Skylands along with Gill Grunt, Trigger Happy and all that stuff. The events of Skylanders, Giants, and Swap Force then take place. Spyro and Cynder eventually die and 960 or so years later the 3rd purple dragon is born. The Dragon Elders decide to name him after the hero from the 'Legends', Spyro and his dragonfly Sparx also according to legend. This dragon is 'Classic Spyro' or 'Spyro the Dragon II' if you will, his was born around modern day, hence alot of modern things being mentioned such as Hunter asking for 'chips' and UFOs appearing everywhere in Crop Circle Country, placing Spyro pretty near this time. Spyro eventually defeats the Sorceress and the Forgotten Realms are supposedly once again inhabited by dragons. Spyro goes on many adventures meeting Crash, defeating Ripto saving the world alot, and he eventually dies for the next purple dragon to be born within about 940 years. Only problem with this theory is SKYLANDERS! As it is stated in Spyro and Cynder's Skylander's bios, they are the same Spyro and Cynder from 'The Legend of Spyro' games, meaning the games take place only a few years after the events of 'The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon', a game that appears to have taken place a veeeery long time ago, there near enough no technology and everyone appears to speak in a medievilish accent. The again they do have things like dams and cannons so it couldn't have taken place that long ago, but still a very long time ago from modern day. So if Skylanders is a few years after the events of 'TLoS' why does Kaos have a FREAKING APPLE JUICE BOX!? A branded freaking product! Also when the Skylanders are sent to Earth, it is shown that they are sent to modern day Earth, meaning Skylanders occurs during modern day BUT still a few years after 'Dawn of the Dragon'. My head hurts. ._.
---
#7 Posted: 21:33:42 27/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: SPARXisAWESOME
Chips > Juice box
Another reason I think the original and latest are connected smilie

TLoS could even be a spin off for all we know.

But it's been confirmed that TLoS Spyro and Cynder are the same Spyro and Cynder in Skylanders. I have a slight theory that could solve the problem. I was reading Skyro's biography again and it said that Eon took Spyro and Cynder through a portal to the world of the Skylands. It's possible that the Skylands did exist at the same time as the TLoS world, it was just way above the clouds and it was technologically advanced. But that still doesn't explain how when the Skylanders traveled to Earth there were in present day. Ugh... too much fan-lore.
---
#8 Posted: 21:34:33 27/06/2013
Quote: TorchSheep
Chips > Juice box

But it's been confirmed that TLoS Spyro and Cynder are the same Spyro and Cynder in Skylanders. I have a slight theory that could solve the problem. I was reading Skyro's biography again and it said that Eon took Spyro and Cynder through a portal to the world of the Skylands. It's possible that the Skylands did exist at the same time as the TLoS world, it was just way above the clouds and it was technologically advanced. But that still doesn't explain how when the Skylanders traveled to Earth there were in present day. Ugh... too much fan-lore.

No. No. That is not true.

Spyro and Cynder in Skylanders are not the same characters from the LoS. Game reboot, people.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#9 Posted: 21:38:03 27/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Aura24
Quote: TorchSheep
Chips > Juice box

No. No. That is not true.

Spyro and Cynder in Skylanders are not the same characters from the LoS. Game reboot, people.

But their back-stories state that they were the ones who defeated Malefor.
---
#10 Posted: 21:43:07 27/06/2013
....No.

You may want to look at the official backstories again.

Spyro never encountered Malefor, and Cynder was only corrupted and freed.

Hex was mentioned of being the one who defeated Malefor when the Undead dragon tried to capture her to know the secrets of her sorceress powers.
---
#11 Posted: 21:48:24 27/06/2013 | Topic Creator
....No.

You may want to look at the official backstories again.

Spyro never encountered Malefor, and Cynder was only corrupted and freed.

Hex was mentioned of being the one who defeated Malefor when the Undead dragon tried to capture her to know the secrets of her sorceress powers.

Doesn't that connect Cynder to Malefor then?
Ugh, I've confused myself. smilie
---
#12 Posted: 21:50:47 27/06/2013
Yes you are confusing yourself.

And Cynder isn't Malefor's relative or whatever your thinking. Her backstory is just similar to her LoS counterpart, she was taken away as an egg, corrupted Malefor, the Undead Dragon King of the Underworld in Skylanders universe, freed by Spyro after terrorizing the land for many years and tries to make amends for her past by becoming a Skylander.
---
#13 Posted: 21:53:58 27/06/2013 | Topic Creator
I suppose it is impossible to 'lore' Spyro then. Unless Skyro was the 4th dragon in the line? ._.
---
#14 Posted: 21:55:42 27/06/2013
Nope, Skyro is just a descendant of a rare line of magical purple dragons.
---
#15 Posted: 21:57:42 27/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Spyro II's kid?
---
#16 Posted: 21:59:17 27/06/2013
No. Again, game reboot. Different universe, different story, same characters but different backgrounds.
---
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7577
#17 Posted: 23:02:55 27/06/2013
Yes you are confusing yourself.

And Cynder isn't Malefor's relative or whatever your thinking. Her backstory is just similar to her LoS counterpart, she was taken away as an egg, corrupted Malefor, the Undead Dragon King of the Underworld in Skylanders universe, freed by Spyro after terrorizing the land for many years and tries to make amends for her past by becoming a Skylander.

In other words "We couldn't think of anything better." >.>

@ the rest of the topic: I don't think any of them are connected. There's no real evidence that points to it, only that Malefor is purple. Even if they were somehow "connected" it wouldn't make any sense as in Classic Spyro and Skylanders, electronic's exist. While in LoS it seems more "medieval" even though Sparx makes bad pop culture reference's through out AnB.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10259
#18 Posted: 00:05:58 28/06/2013
No. Again, game reboot. Different universe, different story, same characters but different backgrounds.

Well,considering the devs don't want to make a mess out of LOS and Classic lore,this is impossible to confirm,but going by the amazing headcanon that Almaron did in that one thread,it's not impossible that Skyro is a descentant from the original one who just happened to be around when Malefor rose again. The cliche of naming your kids after some other hero who just happened to fight the same guy back then is pretty common in High Fantasy settings like LOS and Skylanders.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#19 Posted: 15:12:37 28/06/2013

So you're saying that Skyro is Spyro's son?
Where does SkyCynder fit into that theory?

Son is kind of too close; I'd say Legend/Classic!Spyro is a great-great-great-grandfather or something,or even it's not related to Skyro at all - maybe another Purple Dragon wanted his kid to feel special;it's kind of implied in the original bio: " It's been said that the Scrolls of the Ancients mention Spyro prominently -- the old Portal Masters having chronicled his many exciting adventures and heroic deeds. ".It could be referring to the original one,and Skyro just decided to live up to the name.
Skynder could also have ended up the same way;but it's too much of a coincidence to also be captured and made into a killing machine.However,her bio also says she was stolen as an egg,so Malefor could've named her after his previous attempt to get a corrupted minion since he's that mean.
Again,there's no way to confirm this,since the devs said in Irate Gamer's interview that they won't try to push the old games' story and characters any more than what they've already done,at least for now.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:12:54 28/06/2013 by Bifrost
#20 Posted: 21:32:32 28/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Lore is so confusing. ._.
---
#21 Posted: 21:36:43 28/06/2013
It's confusing when fans try to connect all three universe as one.
---
#22 Posted: 22:25:55 28/06/2013
It's fun to make up headcanon,no wonder why fandoms with so little material like Touhou or the Portal series have so much stuff xD
Still,yeah,might have to use the alternate dimension thing before we start speculating whole genealogy trees. Doesn't make lore any less fun though,and with all the stuff the books introduce,one can think of a lot of stuff about pretty much every single NPC and playable character~
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:26:11 28/06/2013 by Bifrost
#23 Posted: 17:53:03 29/06/2013
I'm confused...
---
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#24 Posted: 13:25:08 04/07/2013
if it's any theory to put out there, I always thought it would be hilarious if Skylanders Spyro was the offspring of an adult Classic Spyro who declined eons offer and suggested he recruit his rising hero son for the position of skylander

And for more craziness Skyro's mother is Elora
#25 Posted: 17:32:41 06/07/2013
Quote: Jackson117
if it's any theory to put out there, I always thought it would be hilarious if Skylanders Spyro was the offspring of an adult Classic Spyro who declined eons offer and suggested he recruit his rising hero son for the position of skylander

And for more craziness Skyro's mother is Elora

o_0 wow.... I don't want to think about that smilie!!
---
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9329
#26 Posted: 07:11:18 07/07/2013
Quote: Spyrobaro
I remember something about Eon taking Spyro to Skylands from Summer Forest, but it might not be the Classicverse Summer Forest.

Er.

So what's the point in calling it Summer Forest, if it really isn't Summer Forest? What? I could understand the Valley of Avalar as in Spyro 2, it wasn't exactly like a valley. I don't know what the area is actually, feels like you're mainly inside a castle most of the time.
SkylanderBeatle Green Sparx Gems: 434
#27 Posted: 22:33:02 08/07/2013
How about this: The first part of A New Beginning happens first, right up to the part where he's told he is a dragon. Then he decides to go out on adventures and help people meeting new friends along the way (1-5 + handheld games.) Then he realizes that he wants to learn where he came from so all those events from The LoS happen. Then finally Eon comes to Spyro and Cynder and asks them to join the Skylanders. The End.
---
Some people say it's important to grow up and mature a little bit..................... I don't really get those people.
#28 Posted: 22:49:37 08/07/2013
Quote: SkylanderBeatle
How about this: The first part of A New Beginning happens first, right up to the part where he's told he is a dragon. Then he decides to go out on adventures and help people meeting new friends along the way (1-5 + handheld games.) Then he realizes that he wants to learn where he came from so all those events from The LoS happen. Then finally Eon comes to Spyro and Cynder and asks them to join the Skylanders. The End.

The guy who told him about his 'past' must be a really good storyteller then,to make Spyro believe in things like his fire dragon mentor dying in a fire :U That's...Actually a pretty good explanation,still,because of the 'epic story' mood of LOS in general.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me