Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
New Ninjini Variant [CLOSED]
bigdaddy81 Green Sparx Gems: 381
#1 Posted: 05:21:06 22/06/2013 | Topic Creator
I found a Ninjini yesterday at Target and then found another one today at Toys 'R' Us. I was comparing them and noticed some differences.

The one I found at Target has 2 colors for her legs and gloss black eye brows and eye outlines. She also has white/off white eyes and flat gloss purple armor with a light pink symbol on her armor on her arm. Her ponytail has black in it (hair color). The card has slightly rounded corners on the bottom and the cardback has a pic of a computer and Skylanders Universe logo and the writing is like normal. The plastic insert is form fitting around her swords. The card is stamped E5121 on the back of the card. Trading card inside package is facing with the top to the left in the package.

The one I found at Toys 'R' Us looks possessed/evil due to the color of her eyes and has only 1 color for her legs and flat black eye brows and eye outlines. She also has dark grey eyes and pearl purple armor with a dark pink symbol on her armor on her arm. Her ponytail has no black in it (hair color). The card has very rounded corners on the bottom and the cardback doesn't show a computer or the Skylanders Universe logo and has different writing on it. The plastic insert is rugged around her swords. The card is stamped A1139 on the back of the card. Trading card inside package is facing with the top to the right in the package.

Here's pics:

One from Target:
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

One from Toys 'R' Us:
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

I hope the pics turned out good and you can see the difference in them. Has anyone found these variants yet? Let me know what you think. Thanks.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 06:15:30 22/06/2013 by bigdaddy81
Hexblazer Blue Sparx Gems: 895
#2 Posted: 05:42:05 22/06/2013
you have a good and an evil Ninjini lol
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#3 Posted: 11:17:44 22/06/2013
It's just a late production of her.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Sparx_Dragonfly Green Sparx Gems: 195
#4 Posted: 11:38:30 22/06/2013
I have a variation of her with black hair, green skin, red armour and red smoke... ;-)

Now thats a variation!
---
GETTING SWAP FORCE DARK EDITION!!!
NEED: Series 1: smilie , smilie Series 2: smilie
Up fo swaps/trade: smilie smilie (S1), smilie (S1), smilie (S1), smilie (S1)
#5 Posted: 13:19:19 22/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Sparx_Dragonfly
I have a variation of her with black hair, green skin, red armour and red smoke... ;-)

Now thats a variation!

I have scarlet Ninjini too, but she has bloody knuckles though.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#6 Posted: 17:01:57 22/06/2013
Quote: Matteomax
It's just a late production of her.

Yeah, I'm sure they don't want to advertise the computer anymore since the codes/Universe isn't there. As for the character, I suspect there are infinite variants if we look hard enough. That's the thing when people do this stuff.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
mackdi Green Sparx Gems: 207
#7 Posted: 17:26:43 22/06/2013
Yeah this isnt a "variant", its just a production difference. Most likely from a different manufacturer then the original run. Happends all the time with electronics like cable/satellite recievers.
---
Fire Kraken shoots fireworks from his butt!!!!
stoat2337 Gold Sparx Gems: 2270
#8 Posted: 18:19:16 22/06/2013
Quote: Sparx_Dragonfly

Now thats a variation!

Look closer: her hair is navy. Her hair band is black so you can see the difference.
shelly9871 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1246
#9 Posted: 18:29:43 22/06/2013
When I saw thread title I was thinking variant like gold/silver/glitter/crystal.
Lol---there are good and bad points to my original impression bring wrong-it's good that its not because I don't have to go nutty looking for it and eventually paying $$ on ebay--bad because what a cool character to have another special
Version of.
---
Please see my guestbook for the remaining packs I need---Any help is appreciated. smilie
#10 Posted: 19:23:07 22/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Here's pics of my Scarlet Ninjini with Bloody Knuckles:

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
BahamutBreaker Yellow Sparx Gems: 1191
#11 Posted: 19:58:45 22/06/2013
Please see this recent thread:

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=81813

Where, among other posters, I said this:

"definitely NOT a "factory error".
Sometimes people are so desperate to have something "special" .... "

That wasn't a "factory error" and this isn't a "variant".
---
"Who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?"
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#12 Posted: 20:05:02 22/06/2013
didnt see anything different
#13 Posted: 20:22:07 22/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: BahamutBreaker
Please see this recent thread:

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=81813

Where, among other posters, I said this:

"definitely NOT a "factory error".
Sometimes people are so desperate to have something "special" .... "

That wasn't a "factory error" and this isn't a "variant".

Actually, it would be a variant, maybe an error. Check out this link if you're not familiar with the term variant:

http://m.dictionary.com/defini.../?linkId=ibc5yn

Or you can check this link if you're not familiar with the term variation:

http://m.dictionary.com/defini.../?linkId=ibc5yn

So I'd have to disagree that it's not a variant or variation. It might not be a stone or gold, etc variant, but it's still a variant nonetheless. I have been collecting variations for many years (10+ years) now and I do know what a variant is. Is it different than normal? Yes it is, so it's a variant. Plain and simple. I have had 30+ years of experience with collectibles and I'm fairly knowledgeable about how to notice differences and variants and errors.
#14 Posted: 03:20:58 23/06/2013
References to a dictionary website.
Do you think I am 12? LoL.

If you have 30+ years of experience with collectibles, be sure to use your remaining years getting a life.

Like I said earlier, some people are trying WAY too hard to believe that they have something unique or special. Guess I'll count you among those people?
---
"Who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?"
czs716 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1440
#15 Posted: 04:01:06 23/06/2013
In order to figure what is and what isn't a variant, you have to look at the particular series/, item, brand, etc. and with skylanders we all know what the variants are. That isn't one.
---
Available for trade: NIB Walmart Exclusive Drill Sergeant (Not Red), NIB Granite Crusher. PM if interested.
Sparx_Dragonfly Green Sparx Gems: 195
#16 Posted: 06:50:40 23/06/2013
All variants are announced in one way or another and usually have MAJOR (Skystones "Mace Major" voice) differences not minor ones. Skylanders like Polar Whirlwind, Dark Spyro and Granite Crusher are true variants. Production Variants, like the Ninjini shown above gain little interest to collectors.

I've been a collector of Star Wars action figures for almost 20 years and there have been lots of production variants. None really stand out unless a MAJOR (Skystones "Mace Major" voice again) change is made. This included changing a Jawas cape from vinyl to cloth or changing the included Lightsaber with Revenge of the Sith Anakin Skywalker from red to blue - in those cases, the earlier production is worth considerably more.

So unless they change Ninjini's hair from moulded plastic to nylon (Barbie style), then its not really a variant, is it?
---
GETTING SWAP FORCE DARK EDITION!!!
NEED: Series 1: smilie , smilie Series 2: smilie
Up fo swaps/trade: smilie smilie (S1), smilie (S1), smilie (S1), smilie (S1)
#17 Posted: 07:03:26 23/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: BahamutBreaker
References to a dictionary website.
Do you think I am 12? LoL.

If you have 30+ years of experience with collectibles, be sure to use your remaining years getting a life.

Like I said earlier, some people are trying WAY too hard to believe that they have something unique or special. Guess I'll count you among those people?

Judging by your response, 12 might be pushing it. I'd say maybe 10 at best?

But back to the subject of variants....

There will always be recognized variants (that the company says is a variant) and variants in packaging or the item itself. Take Star Wars POTF2 for example, red card vs green card or transitional light saber trays or open or closed fist. Or Star Wars Episode 1 Darth Maul with black vs grey vest (2 different colors). They are VARIANTS, whether or not Kenner/Hasbro recognizes them as variants or not.
#18 Posted: 16:59:23 23/06/2013
Bigdaddy, if you're going to insult me by saying that I'm 10 years old (35 actually), I'll go ahead and say that you sound like an old pot-bellied bearded pasty-white curmudgeon, a la George R.R. Martin.

So stop pretending to be an expert on Skylanders; you're not. And stop pretending that you've unearthed a new "variant" when you haven't. Also, go finish writing The Winds of Winter, you lazy bum!
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me