darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > Stat Screen Differences - Giants vs SSA
Page 1 of 1
Stat Screen Differences - Giants vs SSA [CLOSED]
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#1 Posted: 19:33:17 20/06/2013 | Topic Creator
So, pretty reliably on Giants the bar on each stat fills up when you do all of the Heroics and doesn't seem to be impacted by the hat (I could be wrong there).

Conversely, I went back into SSA with a character who had all 50 heroics completed and I was shocked to find out all of the stat screens were NOT full. A hat DID help fill the bar though.

So someone help me out---am I missing something I need to do with my skylander to fully upgrade him or was it simply a decision by the developer on SSA to include the hat statistics in knowing if you are at "full potential" on a stat?
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#2 Posted: 02:21:23 21/06/2013
I'm pretty sure both games INCLUDE the hat in the stat bar... Easy enough to check, just check the bar, remove the hat, re-check.

I actually just read about this yesterday or so. Apparently for certain ones, the stat which is boosted by the Heroic Challenge has changed. Like doing Golf Buddy's Heroic Challenge (I don't want to pick a real character so people who don't realize I'm pulling this example out of my... out of thin air don't tell me I'm wrong, that that character's challenge didn't change), you get +5 Armour in SSA, but +4 Critical Hit in Giants. Because of this stat shuffling, each character's final stats is different in SSA and in Giants. Some people hypothesized that perhaps the AMOUNT of the reward changed (Golf Buddy gave +8 Elemental in SSA, but +4 Elemental in Giants), in order to make room to get upgraded by challenges in Giants, but others have stated this is not the case, challenges which didn't change which stat they boosted are still giving the same amount of boost.

Also remember, of those 50, only the 32 which belong to characters from SSA will be listed in SSA, along with their rewards. If you completed them in SSA or Giants doesn't matter (Like Wham Shell's in SSA is an unassigned one you buy from Auric in Giants, so it can be unlocked in both games). Though this isn't as applicable here, this only applies to comparing the numbers. The BARS won't reflect the Giants-only content. smilie My Heroics bars look nearly full, especially for the ones who completed Wham-Shell's in Giants, who have 31 out of the 32 completed, but when I have only those completed, the bar in Giants still has plenty of room to go.
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
#3 Posted: 02:55:00 21/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Maybe this will help.

So----

In Giants, when all 45 heroics are completed, ALL stats are 100%. with or without hats.
In SSA, when all 32 heroics are completed, the stats are STILL NOT at 100%. With hats the stat bar BOOSTS TO COMPLETION.

See the difference here? I'm keeping apples to apples, and I don't understand why.

Does SSA allow you to get a "full bar" on each stat or was it there to tell you that there's a hat to boost the difference. It looks like to me the Giants stat bar DOES NOT include the stat on the bar (they do of course note the + at the top though).

This is probably a lame question I should've asked in 2011 or when Giants hit the scene, but I didn't start playing it until recently when my son fell down on the upgrade skylanders job and I'm filling in.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 02:58:21 21/06/2013 by GhostRoaster
tyrex33 Red Sparx Gems: 39
#4 Posted: 16:52:04 23/06/2013
Quote: GhostRoaster
So, pretty reliably on Giants the bar on each stat fills up when you do all of the Heroics and doesn't seem to be impacted by the hat (I could be wrong there).

Conversely, I went back into SSA with a character who had all 50 heroics completed and I was shocked to find out all of the stat screens were NOT full. A hat DID help fill the bar though.

So someone help me out---am I missing something I need to do with my skylander to fully upgrade him or was it simply a decision by the developer on SSA to include the hat statistics in knowing if you are at "full potential" on a stat?

the last part was from kaos
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#5 Posted: 16:58:19 23/06/2013
Well this is what I think

Once you have done all 32 heroics in SSA your Skylander is at Max, but there stats are lower in Giants because of there is more heroic challenges
Once you do all 50 in Giants you will be max again (45 for new guys)
---
Terreneflame Blue Sparx Gems: 943
#6 Posted: 17:05:01 23/06/2013
In SSA they obviously wanted to show the ats boosting stats. I guess for Giants they realised that it was annoying people that the stat bars weren't full (it certainly bothered me) so they just switched it so it maxes out ignoring hats.
#7 Posted: 17:10:28 23/06/2013
The stats for Skylanders in SSA will be the same in SG if all heroics are done.

They lowered your stats to make you buy more Skylanders to get more money!
---
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#8 Posted: 18:28:24 23/06/2013
im i allowed to say "pic or not happen"?...
#9 Posted: 18:32:27 23/06/2013
Quote: kappapopm

To who?
---
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#10 Posted: 18:40:06 23/06/2013
i dont know!
#11 Posted: 05:46:50 25/06/2013
Quote: kappapopm

NO!!!!

LOL! Though pics would help, smilie
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
#12 Posted: 05:49:07 25/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Terreneflame
In SSA they obviously wanted to show the ats boosting stats. I guess for Giants they realised that it was annoying people that the stat bars weren't full (it certainly bothered me) so they just switched it so it maxes out ignoring hats.

You nailed it here, but I also came to the same conclusion after realizing it's a simple 0-100 bar in SSA...so there was no "feedback" that you've MAXED out his stats. Obviously, as you indicate and we all know---they fixed this in Giants.

I'll definitely show pics once I buy something to record gameplay. I'm still trying to wrap up complete upgrades/heroics/quests/max money to all of my 110 skylanders. At 3 hours a skylander, it will be a while.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 05:50:56 25/06/2013 by GhostRoaster
#13 Posted: 06:21:23 25/06/2013
For pics of the stats screens, a normal camera will suffice, LOL! I've seen several pictures like that. There's usually a problem with a reflection of the room light or the flash, but it's always good enough to see numbers and bars. If your cell phone has a camera but doesn't have a flash, it might even work better.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me