Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Wishing well: am I still lucky? [CLOSED]
jbsharbrough Green Sparx Gems: 285
#1 Posted: 21:30:57 19/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Sorry if it's been asked before, but I wonder what happens AFTER you get the grand prize from the wishing well. Last month, I got it late in the month, but this month I got Surfer Slam Bam (is that his name?) on about the 10th. There were still some cool prizes displayed on the wishing well prize list, but I don't have a luck meter. So many questions come to mind:

What do most players do with stones after? Save them for next month? I've saved up about 20, nothing to write home about.

Am I still lucky? As I filled up the luck meter, I was told that my luck just got better, but now that meter shows nothing.

I just kind of assumed that this mini-game has drop rates that vary from common (coins, trees, fuel) to rare (shrines, radiant energy fields, stone houses, adventure ballons). I further assumed that the drop rate is really low at the beginning of the month, and ratchets up as you fill up the luck meter. I am aware that my imagination has a very low correlation to many real things, and this could sure be one of them.

I read in the portalflip blog (thanks for that, I like it) that it takes 150-175 wishing stones to win the prize. A post on this forum said that after you save up 1000 of them, it stops counting them. It sounds like it might be good to have 150 or so at the beginning of the month. But what other ideas are part of good wishing stone management?

Thanks in advance,

Beau
CrazyCanuck Gold Sparx Gems: 2992
#2 Posted: 01:05:17 20/06/2013
Quote: jbsharbrough
A post on this forum said that after you save up 1000 of them, it stops counting them.

Absolutely wrong. I'm sitting at about 3000. It hasn't stopped counting yet.

The luck meter 'breaks' after getting the alter ego. My very limited experience with stones spent after that suggests it drops back to the default luck but I am not sure of that.
Woz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1343
#3 Posted: 14:20:29 21/06/2013
While we're on the topic of the wishing well, I'd like to wish for something different. For the last 12 consecutive stones, I've received 2000 gold plus or minus 500. I'm in the penultimate luck category 5. I'm not kidding. 12 golds in a row. Or is that common?
Jay097 Red Sparx Gems: 64
#4 Posted: 03:54:20 18/07/2013
To elaborate a little on this post, what seems to be everyones consensus after getting the grand prize? Save up the stones, or continue to use them? I won Fireworks Zook maybe on the 2nd day he was available and after that maybe dumped 5-10 stones a day since and have not won anything of value, just gold, energy and the occasional *insert element type here* marker..
---
For the Alliance
Spookee, Blackwater Circle
US Cenarion Circle
gewappnet Blue Sparx Gems: 688
#5 Posted: 08:40:47 18/07/2013
As said in other threads before, the luck meter's only purpose is to represent the probability to get the grand prize (Skylander). It has absolutely nothing to do with all the other possible prizes. The other prizes are completely random and not related to any context. You could get ten times 500 gold in a row or ten shrines in a row, that is the whole idea of randomness.

If you are interested in getting one of the other prizes, continue to use the wishing well. If you are only interested in getting the special Skylander, save your stones for the next month. It is that easy.
Woz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1343
#6 Posted: 14:56:36 18/07/2013
Well after winning Fireworks Zook very early on, I decided to take a small stab at getting some of the other top prizes. End result? I threw 100 stones into the well, and got no community buildings or shrines. I won a single egg basket, 60,000 gold three times, and about 25 assorted decorations. Unless I start saving stones in SERIOUS numbers, I won't be repeating the exercise. Particularly as I don't have a Hall of Legends yet.
gewappnet Blue Sparx Gems: 688
#7 Posted: 15:07:08 18/07/2013
Quote: Woz
Well after winning Fireworks Zook very early on, I decided to take a small stab at getting some of the other top prizes. End result? I threw 100 stones into the well, and got no community buildings or shrines. I won a single egg basket, 60,000 gold three times, and about 25 assorted decorations.

Yes, the probabilities of getting the better prizes are quite bad. But the point is: These probabilities will not change with the luck meter or are related in any way to it.
#8 Posted: 18:27:22 18/07/2013
Thanks for all of the insight peeps, I will stick to trying for the Grand Prize and pool the rest for next month.
---
For the Alliance
US Cenarion Circle
Excelsior Yellow Sparx Gems: 1170
#9 Posted: 22:40:51 18/07/2013
I was close to 250,000 the other night and threw in 110 gems. I won 2 taverns and a bakery.

I now have 7 taverns the workers can nearly all go to the pub for lunch!

Well at least they sell for 16,000 coins each if I'm short.
---
banksia123
#10 Posted: 23:36:41 18/07/2013
Quote: Excelsior
I was close to 250,000 the other night and threw in 110 gems. I won 2 taverns and a bakery.

I now have 7 taverns the workers can nearly all go to the pub for lunch!

Well at least they sell for 16,000 coins each if I'm short.

You have over 250,000 wish stones? Wow, that's incredible!!
---
For the Alliance
US Cenarion Circle
sklndrmommy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1508
#11 Posted: 01:37:00 19/07/2013
I used 60 trying to get enough coins for the half off skylander spins Tuesday and I got 60,000 coins 3 times and one Life Shrine. The rest was the normal mix of randomness. Trying to get Fireworks Zook I hadn't won the big coins or a shrine so that was nice.
---
Trying to keep an updated code trading list in my guestbook for Lost Islands.
Mommy to player JacksonTreeRex.
#12 Posted: 01:41:23 19/07/2013
Oops I meant the 2,500,000 for a spin LOL.

I wish.
---
banksia123
#13 Posted: 01:32:47 20/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Yesterday, I saw a banner, like the ones you see at login or while traveling to visit another player. I don't recall the exact wording, but it said that the odds for the other top prizes are the same after you get the grand prize.

So I threw in 50 stones, and got nothing of consequence. Now I plan to save up a couple hundred for next month and then the row the rest in. I would be glad to win a shrine or a tavern now and then.

Or maybe I'll just keep buying legend houses.

UPDATE: I saw the banner again, and got a screen cap. Here's the text, with the capitalization exact so you can wonder about its intended meaning:

"TOP PRIZES. Keep wishing once you've won the Grand Prize. You could win Giant Houses, Community buildings, Gold and lots of other prizes. "

I mean, why capitalize Houses and not buildings? Keep going, give us Other Prizes. Clarification: I don't mind if they use the artistic approach to capitalization. I just want to be sure that I understand what they mean by it. And this time, I'm saying it's just what felt right to whoever made it up.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:32:17 21/07/2013 by jbsharbrough
#14 Posted: 02:15:16 20/07/2013
I just won Swarm's House outside the luck meter. I did though accidentally spend 10 gems in there a while back

I'm not advocating this as a strategy mind.

After all those months with no big prizes this month has made a nice change.

Saving for legendary lounges is a good idea. I think I'll go back to saving again.
---
banksia123
#15 Posted: 20:23:17 20/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Last night I started trying to move my decorations next to my community buildings, to take advantage of the kingdom Xp bump. Then I looked at the decorations in the store, and noticed two things.

1. The ones that give more than 3% are all purchased with gems.
2. All of those are the things I sold after my 40-wish-stone test.

Relevance to this thread: you can get the decorations that cost gems, if you want to level up faster. If you're above level 30 maybe it's not such a big deal.
#16 Posted: 22:24:22 20/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Oops. I double posted here.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:25:23 20/07/2013 by jbsharbrough
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me