Page 1 of 1
Dragonfire Cannon Differences [CLOSED]
jbmindtrick Yellow Sparx Gems: 1201
#1 Posted: 18:35:40 19/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Does anyone know if the two Dragonfire Cannons show up differently in the game or are they like the two treasure chests where they get treated as the same thing? Do they show up in the total count as +1 or not? All in, what is that magic number of characters and items that sits in the middle of the collections tab-99?
---
Real men play Skylanders, at least that's what my mom tells me.
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#2 Posted: 20:08:54 19/06/2013
yes tehy do, the goldon one deels more damage, and gives another extra arena, thats all i know., sorry
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#3 Posted: 07:19:37 20/06/2013
Actually I don't think there's a FUNCTIONAL difference, I suspect they do the same damage as each other and I'm sure they unlock the same arenas. But they DO look different. I have Gold, my nephews have the standard, I've seen both. The standard appears on screen in silver, my gold one appears in gold.

That number in the middle of your collections tab is your total number of figures (including magic items, Sidekicks, whatever, the ones who don't appear in an Element). It also includes duplicates. Like, I have 2 S1 Cynders, pretty sure in the Undead category it only shows 1, but I'm pretty sure it counts as 2 towards this count.
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#4 Posted: 14:21:34 20/06/2013
I don't think there's a damage difference.. I prefer the regular Cannon..

..Mainly because it's one of the few things I've opened.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6059
#5 Posted: 23:39:08 20/06/2013
Quote: niceguy1
Actually I don't think there's a FUNCTIONAL difference, I suspect they do the same damage as each other and I'm sure they unlock the same arenas. But they DO look different. I have Gold, my nephews have the standard, I've seen both. The standard appears on screen in silver, my gold one appears in gold.

That number in the middle of your collections tab is your total number of figures (including magic items, Sidekicks, whatever, the ones who don't appear in an Element). It also includes duplicates. Like, I have 2 S1 Cynders, pretty sure in the Undead category it only shows 1, but I'm pretty sure it counts as 2 towards this count.

There is. A small one, but one nontheless. The Golden one unlocks 1 extra arena. That's it.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#6 Posted: 01:57:01 21/06/2013
I think I might have heard that, LOL! I really wish I would have paid more attention to which arenas I had before my nephews used theirs in my game, and before I used mine. smilie
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
#7 Posted: 02:38:02 21/06/2013
I think I might have heard that, LOL! I really wish I would have paid more attention to which arenas I had before my nephews used theirs in my game, and before I used mine. smilie

I was hoping to get the golden one because of this, yet wanted to wait for DFC to go on sale since I hate Shroomboom and didn't want to pay $25; though I got the regular one as TRU had the set for $10 off at the time.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#8 Posted: 15:44:22 21/06/2013
Quote: Seiki

I was hoping to get the golden one because of this, yet wanted to wait for DFC to go on sale since I hate Shroomboom and didn't want to pay $25; though I got the regular one as TRU had the set for $10 off at the time.

And now that sale has come smilie $9.99 for the battle packs at Gamestop tomorrow. I thought about price matching at BB to use RZ certificates, but I want to get the free sidekicks, plus if there's a bonus to get the golden cannon, I'd rather get it there. I didn't know if there was or not. I hadn't even seen the, lately, but stopped by, yesterday, and they had several. No catapult ones, though, but I wonder if they're just holding some back for the promo.
#9 Posted: 18:16:09 21/06/2013
wierd, wen the golden dragon fire cannon appears in battle mode, it does more damage then the normal one, 50 hp to be exact, yep, i think that whas the differense
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#10 Posted: 18:17:55 21/06/2013

There is. A small one, but one nontheless. The Golden one unlocks 1 extra arena. That's it.

Yep, and you get another magic item in your inventory (shows up separately as a distinct item) if you're a completionist....that's about it.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:18:17 21/06/2013 by GhostRoaster
#11 Posted: 23:46:34 21/06/2013
Quote: obidawsn

And now that sale has come smilie $9.99 for the battle packs at Gamestop tomorrow. I thought about price matching at BB to use RZ certificates, but I want to get the free sidekicks, plus if there's a bonus to get the golden cannon, I'd rather get it there. I didn't know if there was or not. I hadn't even seen the, lately, but stopped by, yesterday, and they had several. No catapult ones, though, but I wonder if they're just holding some back for the promo.

Yes, but I not one who feels the need (or has the money) to buy every version of every figure or doubles, so I'll just be happy with my regular Dragonfire Canon. smilie
I only get multiple versions in special cases like with my favorites. (Like how I have Ninjini and Scarlet & S1, S2, and L-Chop Chop)
---
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#12 Posted: 00:34:26 22/06/2013
Actually its sort of a 2nd item in the fact you can use both back to back when playing. I would pop the regular then when its time is over, pop the gold and it loads it up.
GamerZack7 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1709
#13 Posted: 05:00:51 04/07/2013
I have the Golden Dragonfire Cannon, but I must admit the normal one looks much better to me, especially as it offsets the Catapult. Plus, I've always preferred silver to gold (and likewise blue to red), so I may get both and just keep the Golden one with my variant Skylanders.

Now what to do with the extra S2 Chop Chop and Shroomboom... 9.9
---
MY SUPERCHARGER SKYLANDERS
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie | *smilie* | smiliesmilie*smilie*smiliesmilie | smilie | smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
*Currently absent*
#14 Posted: 09:07:17 04/07/2013
Quote: GamerZack7
I have the Golden Dragonfire Cannon, but I must admit the normal one looks much better to me, especially as it offsets the Catapult. Plus, I've always preferred silver to gold (and likewise blue to red), so I may get both and just keep the Golden one with my variant Skylanders.

Now what to do with the extra S2 Chop Chop and Shroomboom... 9.9

you can customize them, or sell them..........
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me