Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Fandom > The Fan-Made Skylanders Card Game
Page 1 of 1
The Fan-Made Skylanders Card Game [CLOSED]
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5694
#1 Posted: 18:20:49 18/06/2013 | Topic Creator
This is copied and pasted from my own personal rule sheet. Enjoy!

To play, you must have cards from Skylanders Figurines. It can have up to two players. Each player selects 4 Skylanders of different elements to start. You can only have one Giant. You may also only have one Swap-Force Skylander, Swapped or not. You will need 5 dice to play this game.

All stats use dice for the rolling, and the number determines how many dice you roll. The number of dice and the numbers required for the number are shown:

5-30: 1 die, 35-60: 2 dice, 65- 90: 3 dice, 95-120: 4 dice, 125-150: 5 dice, 155-180: 6 dice, 185-200: 7 dice

The stats do the following:

Attack (fist): This stat determines how many dice you roll to attempt to eliminate a Skylander.

Defense (shield): This stat determines how many dice you roll to block an attack from another Skylander.

Speed (running figure): This stat determines who attacks first.

Luck (clover): This final stat determines how many dice you may reroll after a defense or attack roll. For example, if you have luck of 65, you may reroll three dice.

To battle, each player selects one Skylander from their “army” and sends it above the other cards. Then you do the dice rolls which were explained earlier. Whoever still has Skylanders left is the winner.

SPECIAL RULE: Sudden Death: When a battle goes on for 3 consecutive rounds, or an attack and defense are the same, a sudden death round is activated. For example, if you have a defense roll of six and you opponent has an attack roll of six, the round is activated. Another example is if you and your opponent have done three times each for attacking and defending, the Sudden Death is then activated. A Sudden Death round is played with 2 dice, one for each player. You then roll without any bonuses or rerolls. Whoever has the higher roll then wins the battle.

^ THIS SPECIAL RULE IS USED TO MAKE THE GAME GO FASTER. THIS IS ALSO USED IN TOURNAMENTS ^

Swap-Force Rule: To Swap, take the Attack and Defense of one figure (IE: Wash Buckler) and take the Speed and Luck of another figure (Blast Zone), and put them together. For example, Wash Buckler might have an Attack stat of 100 and a Defense stat of 75, while Blast Zone might have a speed stat of 120, and a luck stat of 85. By swapping, you can create Wash Zone, combining the Attack and Defense of Wash Buckler, with the Speed and Luck of Blast Zone. The top half is the attack and defense, while the Speed and Luck is the bottom half. Remember to use this rule to make 256 ‘swappabilities’.

Elemental Advantages: Skylanders of certain Elements will be weaker or stronger against each other. Whatever Element is stronger against another gets a +10 bonus on Attack, Speed, Defense, and Luck. Here is a list on what Elements are effective to each other: Magic > Undead > Life > Water > Fire > Air > Earth > Tech > Magic

4 Player Rules: You can play with 4 Players, with each player having two cards, a Giant OR Swap Force, and a Regular OR Lightcore. Each Player then rolls one die. The two highest rollers face against each other, and the two lowest rollers ace against each other. In a tie, players decide.

Lightcore Rule: Lightcores are special characters that are indicated by the Lightcore symbol in the bottom right corner. Lightcores are able to once (and only once!) able to decide what your opponent must use to play against you. If both players have a Lightcore in play, the effect is negated (But it is still used!).

Magic Item Rules: Magic Items, Location Pieces, and Battle Items will have special abilities in the game. The Location Pieces are set aside in a separate deck, called the Location Deck. Depending on what Location you draw, that will give the Skylanders of those Elements the abilities of Magic Items and Battle Items. New Locations are drawn every turn. When the deck runs out, you shuffle the Location Pieces and remake the deck. Magic Items and Battle Items are also set aside in a separate deck, called the Magic deck. Depending on what you draw, the abilities will be used with the Skylanders of the Elemental groups in play. The Magic Deck follows the same rules as the Location Deck in terms of drawing a new Magic Item every turn, and reshuffling when the deck is empty. Here are the different abilities (M= Magic Item, L=Location Piece, B=Battle Item):
L: Empire of Ice: Magic Items affect Skylanders of the Water and Air Elements.
• L: Pirate Seas: Magic Items affect Skylanders of the Earth and Life Elements.
• L: Darklight Crypt: Magic Items affect Skylanders of the Undead and Magic Elements.
• L: Dragon’s Peak: Magic Items affect Skylanders of the Fire and Tech Elements.
• L: Tower of Time: Affects Skylanders of the Air, Undead, Fire, and Magic Elements, by giving effects of Magic Items to them, as well as giving a +10 bonus to Speed on all Skylanders of these elements in play.
• L: Sheep Wreck Island: Affects Skylanders of the Earth, Life, Water, and Tech elements, by giving effects of Magic Items to them, as well as giving a +10 bonus to Luck on all Skylanders of these elements in play.
• M: Sky- Iron Shield: Gives Skylanders of the current Elements protection from one attack. User of Skylander decides which attack.
• M: Anvil Rain: Gives the Skylanders of the current Elements the ability to take away 10 points of Defense to the opposing Skylander in an Attack roll. User decides which attack.
• M: Hidden Treasure: Gives Skylanders of the current Elements +10 to their Luck.
• M: Ghost Swords: Gives Skylanders of the current Elements +10 to their Attack.
• M: Healing Elixir: Gives Skylanders of the current Elements +10 to their Defense.
• M: Time Twister: Gives Skylanders of the current Elements +10 to their Speed.
• M: Winged Boots: Gives Skylanders of the current Elements +10 to their Speed.
• M: Sparx the Dragonfly: Gives Skylanders of the current Elements +10 to their Attack.
• M: Battle Hammer: Gives Skylanders of the current elements +10 to their Attack.
• M: Sky Diamonds: Gives Skylanders current elements +10 to their Luck.
• M: Groove Machine: Gives Skylanders of the current elements the ability to reroll all dice for free. May only be used once.
• M: Platinum Sheep: Gives Skylanders of the current Elements the ability to stop an opponent’s attack. Must be done before attack has started. May only be used once.
• B: (Golden) Dragonfire Cannon: Gives Skylanders of the current Elements +15 to their Attack.
• B: Scorpion Striker (Catapult): Gives Skylanders of the current Elements +15 to their Attack.
• B: Fiery Forge: Gives Skylanders of the current Elements +20 to their Attack.
• B: Arkeyan Crossbow: Gives Skylanders of the current Elements +20 to their Attack.

By the way, you may use these rules, AS LONG AS YOU GIVE CREDIT TO ME FOR MAKING THEM!!
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
Edited 8 times - Last edited at 17:57:00 18/01/2014 by zookinator
sonsilv2 Blue Sparx Gems: 835
#2 Posted: 18:26:59 18/06/2013
nice ill try it out
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#3 Posted: 18:28:35 18/06/2013
could you show an example of you playing it, i dont reely understand....
#4 Posted: 18:28:45 18/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Thanks. This has been play tested several times and has pretty much been perfected. Feel free to play, just give credit to me.

Edit: Oops, sorry. Replying to sonsilv there.

Ninjask, I am not sure how I can though, as I don't have a youtube account and I cannot make one, thanks to family safety.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:30:27 18/06/2013 by zookinator
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#5 Posted: 18:45:22 18/06/2013
ah, i see, ok then!
#6 Posted: 19:31:54 18/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Do you mean you understand how it is played, or my problem?
---
#7 Posted: 01:35:27 19/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Sorry for double posting, but WOW this topic died fast.
---
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#8 Posted: 01:37:53 19/06/2013
Nice game...I'll have to try it when I get time. Call me stupid, but I'm wondering why Activision hasn't made a physical "Skystones" card game for folks to play.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:38:57 19/06/2013 by GhostRoaster
#9 Posted: 01:39:57 19/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Quite true. I mean, Skystones was thought out greatly in Giants.
---
Sparx_Dragonfly Green Sparx Gems: 195
#10 Posted: 01:16:47 20/06/2013
THE OFFICIAL UNOFFICIAL SKYLANDERS CARD GAME

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=80804

Rules have been playtested quite thoroughly and we even ran a tournament (prize was a complete set of S1 Sidekicks) in first week of June at my local EB Games store.
---
GETTING SWAP FORCE DARK EDITION!!!
NEED: Series 1: smilie , smilie Series 2: smilie
Up fo swaps/trade: smilie smilie (S1), smilie (S1), smilie (S1), smilie (S1)
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#11 Posted: 01:22:43 20/06/2013
Could you put fan-made in the title of this thread, so people don't click thinking some new official card game has been announced.
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
Nelomet Emerald Sparx Gems: 3069
#12 Posted: 01:43:22 20/06/2013
Hah, I like it, gives those cards an actual use.
---
Fear not the dark, my friend, and let the feast begin.
Trexroarr Gold Sparx Gems: 2219
#13 Posted: 02:30:07 20/06/2013
Misleading title.
---
Skylanders Collection smilie
78 S1 + 37 S2 + 16 S3 + 1 S4 + 19 LC + 8 Minis + 12 G + 25 SF + 13 TM + 2 EE + 34 Traps + 39 Items = 284 + 11 Chase = 295 Total
#14 Posted: 03:14:07 20/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Sparx_Dragonfly
THE OFFICIAL UNOFFICIAL SKYLANDERS CARD GAME

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=80804

Rules have been playtested quite thoroughly and we even ran a tournament (prize was a complete set of S1 Sidekicks) in first week of June at my local EB Games store.

These rules are my own and have nothing to do with yours. Oh, and I would want to try holding tournaments at a Gamestop or something.
---
#15 Posted: 20:11:20 25/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Sorry for double post but Blueguy7K just let me know that I had a mistake in my first post. I have fixed it now. Here the mistake if you are wondering.

"Luck (clover): This final stat determines how many dice you may reroll after a defense or attack roll. For example, if you have luck of 65, you may reroll two dice."

It has been changed to three dice instead of two. Minor mistake, but I want to be accurate.
---
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#16 Posted: 21:23:35 25/06/2013
you gonna design the card and put up pic here so we can print out?
#17 Posted: 17:06:27 26/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Wait, what card? I don't know what you are talking about.
---
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#18 Posted: 17:16:57 26/06/2013
i thought you made your own cards... but i see your just using the cards that comes with the figurine...
#19 Posted: 18:17:04 26/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Yeah, this game was made FOR the cards included with the figure.. This is not made with fan-made cards. Only the rules are fan-made.
---
JCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1540
#20 Posted: 20:51:15 26/06/2013
Interesting Game. I came up with my own fan-made game for the cards as well. Though it could probaly use some fine tuning and when I made it I was under the impression That the Luck(clover) section was actually Health.

But your game seems cool. Might try and play it with my nephew.
---
Main Team: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
~N~
JakeJones Blue Sparx Gems: 533
#21 Posted: 05:42:37 27/06/2013
It is.
---
Foot ball kicks butt and balls.
#22 Posted: 13:11:37 02/08/2013 | Topic Creator
Updated 1st post with new rules. Will include how Swap-Force will change Gameplay, how the stats-to-dice system will work when Swap-Force releases, as well as how your line-up could look like when it releases.
---
#23 Posted: 13:51:43 13/08/2013 | Topic Creator
Sorry for double post, yet again, but new rules!

The Fan-Made Skylanders Card Game: Board Game edition!

Essentially the same as the card game, only a few tweaks. You use a chess board (medium size, big enough so characters will fit) and you put on four figures on opposite sides on the black squares. Rows 8 and 1 to be exact. Giants will take up a white and black square, but other than that, there are no tweaks. For movement, take the speed then divide it by 10, round down if it is '.5'. Finally, whoever gets a Skylander adjacent to an opponent's Skylander first, they attack first. Same vice versa. If a Skylander is defeated, you remove it from the board.

Everything else is exactly the same, so good luck!
---
#24 Posted: 12:35:19 16/09/2013 | Topic Creator
So sorry for a triple post, but I have finally come up with rules on how to use Magic Items, Location Pieces, and Battle Items. Feel free to add that to your gaming experience. Also, I have added rules for Elemental advantages, so add that to your game as well.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me