Page 1 of 1
Question About Stats [CLOSED]
Sparx_Dragonfly Green Sparx Gems: 195
#1 Posted: 09:32:40 18/06/2013 | Topic Creator
ok,

I've upgraded my Stealth Elf in SSA by completing 28 Heroic Challenges. Her speed is 93 (+12 with Winged Hat).
But when I use her in Giants, her speed is only 70.

can someone please explain why?
Do bonuses from SSA challenges count towards stats in Giants?
---
GETTING SWAP FORCE DARK EDITION!!!
NEED: Series 1: smilie , smilie Series 2: smilie
Up fo swaps/trade: smilie smilie (S1), smilie (S1), smilie (S1), smilie (S1)
Nelomet Emerald Sparx Gems: 3069
#2 Posted: 10:56:59 18/06/2013
Rough guess: Heroic challenges are more standardised in Giants, you'll get a bonus of 4 speed from ANY speed based HC, whereas the rewards from Spyro's adventure were all over the place in numbers. While it remembers you've done the HCs, it'll also calculate the values of the rewards depending on whether its S:SA or Giants.

Hopefully someone more knowledgable will confirm/deny me on this.
---
Fear not the dark, my friend, and let the feast begin.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:58:55 18/06/2013 by Nelomet
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#3 Posted: 11:55:19 18/06/2013
SSA figures were nerfed to allow the new heroic challenges in Giants to push the stats about to the same level as they were in SSA. I believe every stat, when fully upgraded in both games, will be identical except for critical hit (which will be higher in Giants).

I find it a really annoying part of the new game ... People who spent hours upgrading 32+ figures the first time around had to spend even more time with 18 new challenges just to get them where they were in the first place.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
Terreneflame Blue Sparx Gems: 943
#4 Posted: 22:02:48 18/06/2013
Heroics gave the same bonus in SSA (i.e all speed challenges gave +8 speed).
Yes the stat boosts were lowered, but more importantly some challenges had which stat they boosted switched- so Trigger Happy's moved from speed in SSA to Crit in SG- so thats likely why things changed
Sparx_Dragonfly Green Sparx Gems: 195
#5 Posted: 23:15:22 18/06/2013 | Topic Creator
So my next big question is, is it worthwhile upgrading Skylanders in SSA to use in Giants? i.e will their upgraded stats from SSA have any affect in Giants?
---
GETTING SWAP FORCE DARK EDITION!!!
NEED: Series 1: smilie , smilie Series 2: smilie
Up fo swaps/trade: smilie smilie (S1), smilie (S1), smilie (S1), smilie (S1)
DraculauraXXX Blue Sparx Gems: 654
#6 Posted: 16:24:01 19/06/2013
it dos NOT matter what game you do the heroics in.
but the stat boost will be different depended on what game your using your skylander in.

basically the only thing that saves to the figure is "spyro's challenge has been completed"
NO Values/Numbers at all. the values are given then by the game itself.
so every time you switch games, the values are going to be different, since they give out different values.

to put it simply, a skylander with all 50 heroics done will be completely maxed out.
it dos NOT matter what game you did the heroics on.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#7 Posted: 17:12:20 19/06/2013
Quote: Sparx_Dragonfly
So my next big question is, is it worthwhile upgrading Skylanders in SSA to use in Giants? i.e will their upgraded stats from SSA have any affect in Giants?

Sure, if you are also trying to complete quests--the elemental quests will help you reach the goal quicker. Ultimately, it boils down to "is it worth it for me" to have a faster skylander, more resilent skylander, more powerful skylander--and that is answered individually. For me, it's worth it to say you've done it...the reward is in the accomplishment in itself.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:05:55 25/06/2013 by GhostRoaster
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#8 Posted: 07:12:15 20/06/2013
It just occurred to me... After recently acquiring Sprocket, and having a couple of figures complete all Heroic Challenges available to me in both games, I see they have 48 completed. Until reading this thread, I didn't realize that the total was 50. I'm close. So I'm analyzing.

In SSA, I'm missing those of Wham-Shell and Boomer, neither I nor my nephews have those guys. But Wham-Shell's is in Giants, leaving 1. What's the other? I just checked, and I didn't even notice, I have ALL the new characters. All the giants (this I knew), and all the new non-giants (Sprocket, Chill, Pop Fizz, etc). So I should theoretically have ALL challenges available (except Boomer's), at least to all the S1 and reposed characters.

The only thing I can think is that some repose that I don't has had their Heroic changed, to a brand new challenge, and THAT is the one I'm missing. I have the original one unlocked, but not the new Giants version.

So who does that make? I have S2 GITD Cynder, and I have S2 Chop Chop, I think they both got a shuffle. I have S2 Gill Grunt and Legendary Stealth Elf, but they both have the same Heroics as in SSA... Who else got shuffled?
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#9 Posted: 07:59:45 20/06/2013

The are 5 challenges you can only do in SSA. Otherwise you can just do them in giants.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13885
#10 Posted: 15:43:17 20/06/2013
Quote: niceguy1
So who does that make? I have S2 GITD Cynder, and I have S2 Chop Chop, I think they both got a shuffle. I have S2 Gill Grunt and Legendary Stealth Elf, but they both have the same Heroics as in SSA... Who else got shuffled?

For no known reason it is Zook.
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:43:32 20/06/2013 by dark52
#11 Posted: 01:38:03 21/06/2013
Quote: mantez

The are 5 challenges you can only do in SSA. Otherwise you can just do them in giants.

Not quite. If you have ALL Series 1 figures and ALL Series 2 figures (or at least have all challenges unlocked), THEN you have 5 more challenges in SSA. However, the real answer depends on who you have/what's unlocked. If you have S1 figures of characters for which you don't have a S2 figure (aside from the Lostlanders), then those are challenges you can only do in SSA. At one point the difference for me was 19. Not 5. smilie

Quote: dark52

For no known reason it is Zook.

Thanks! Yes, indeed, I have S1 Zook but not S2. That would explain it. Hmmm. I like him, but not enough to get another.... Not sure if I'll find it worth it to do something to unlock this content (I'm in arrangements to obtain Boomer). The easiest is if my nephews get him, but I think they too already have S1.

And it seems like all the shuffles were for no known reason, LOL! It all seems a bit arbitrary. Although I think one of the dropped challenges was the bouncy pod maze one, and that one was often really annoying. For some characters it's hard to get the bouncing to stop. Though in the first maze I once or twice got bounced over the wall, allowing me to skip that maze, LOL!
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#12 Posted: 16:33:44 21/06/2013
Thanks! Yes, indeed, I have S1 Zook but not S2. That would explain it. Hmmm. I like him, but not enough to get another.... Not sure if I'll find it worth it to do something to unlock this content (I'm in arrangements to obtain Boomer). The easiest is if my nephews get him, but I think they too already have S1.

If you find him, just buy it, put the box on the portal to unlock the heroic challenge, re-set the figure, and return it to the store. Problem solved. Gonna have to actually find Boomer, though.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
#13 Posted: 05:17:52 25/06/2013
That's the plan I was alluding to, yes... LOL! It feels a bit snaky for me (not enough for me to find fault in others who do it), and labour-intensive to have to return it, but I'm considering it.
---
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#14 Posted: 05:53:26 25/06/2013
Not sure if you have this problem, but I've seen a problem with heroics not crediting me with the stat upgrade; it's happened twice and usually be replaying some of the challenges will fix it (I'm beginning to think the problem occurs if I start playing heroics in SSA and then move to SG to wrap it up).

Basically, in Giants---are all of your bars all the way to the max? That's a clear sign you got credit.

Actually tonight I was upgrading a S1 Whirlwind and it showed 50 challenges completed, but in Giants said my Elemental was only 87 and the bar was not 100% filled. I replayed EVERY elemental question in Giants and it did not fix itself---so replayed them in SSA and when I went back into Giants I had 101. Weird. In another situation I replayed the level in Giants and it fixed it.

If anyone has any scoop on this I'm all ears. It's definitely a bug, but I'm guessing it's on figures that started in SSA and then moved to SG.

niceguy: I use the Jump For It! challenge for the Heroic Challenger quest. And who doesn't like +4 Speed!
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 6 times - Last edited at 06:01:16 25/06/2013 by GhostRoaster
#15 Posted: 06:56:23 25/06/2013
GhostRoaster: I think you're responding to the wrong person, LOL! My issue is that I was trying to figure out whose Heroic Challenges I don't have unlocked, besides Boomer (who I already knew about), and it looks like it's S2 Zook, and I'm contemplating what I'm willing to do, how far I'm willing to go to unlock it.

I have no problem with the Heroic Challenger quest (I assume you mean the quest to do an Heroic Challenge without getting damaged). I usually just complete challenges for someone and get it naturally along the way. If I want it NOW I do Break The Fakes: Few enemies, I just have to remember where they are. I think it comes with Eye Brawl. I heard Wrecking Ball's has NO enemies, I suspect that might be Jump For It, I only have Wrecking Ball's in SSA, so doesn't count towards the quest. smilie I would guess it's the one where I'm bouncing around collecting gems, Jump For It would be a fitting name, and there are indeed no enemies. smilie
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me