Forum

Poll

Favourite CTR:NF Spyro skin?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > Zelda Topic (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity Announced - Canon Prequel to BOTW)
First | Previous | Page 9 of 31 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 29 30 31
Zelda Topic (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity Announced - Canon Prequel to BOTW)
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 5941
#401 Posted: 01:57:27 15/11/2014
What I'm saying is that Zant had a chance to come back to life if Ganondorf allowed it, so Zant's soul was sort of in limbo because he was connected to his god. But Zant is not that powerful. When he was alive, Zant was basically just an extra life for Ganondorf. So we see Zant right before Ganondorf dies because the big bad guy is trying to play his wild card, but he can't, because Zant is dead. And that's a huge let down for Ganondorf because now he's dead again. :D Did that help?

Oh, I didn't know that about the Twili royal family. Granted, I have the most bizarre ideas about Twili and Midna in particular (that her imp form is her true form and the parts where we see her being conventionally beautiful are Link's imagination and her playing a sort of trick on Link in the end so his heart might not be so broken when she leaves for good). I like the idea of Zant being her cousin/brother; I'd always thought he was just a jerk of a servant who was reaching way above himself and had this creepy obsession with Midna (and she was very creeped out by it always). I also liked the idea that Twili royalty is chosen by combat; the strongest warrior becomes the leader, which is why Midna is so good at fighting and why she looks so pointy when all the rest of her people are so rounded.

The Zant x Midna thing just skeeves me out because, even at its best, the relationship is still one of abuse and manipulation, blood ties notwithstanding to make it even worse.
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 5838
#402 Posted: 02:02:28 15/11/2014
Yeah, I get what you're saying. But I still see Ganondorf's surprise as Zant's betrayal.

The Twili are my favourite Zelda Race, which is mainly the reason I chose TP as my favourite game.
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
#403 Posted: 02:29:50 15/11/2014
To each their own. :)

I liked the Twili, they were adorable. :) They don't beat the Rito for me (Zora evolved into birds, omb! 8D), but they are still really cool. :)
Felines Diamond Sparx Gems: 9342
#404 Posted: 02:45:01 15/11/2014
The Rito and the Kokiri are my favorite races smilie
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#405 Posted: 09:21:45 15/11/2014
I've always liked the Zoras, Twili and the Gerudo for some reason.

to be honest i don't really know what's my favourite zelda game. i like them all for different reasons.
except Skyward Sword. That's easily the worst console Zelda game. I hateD Fi, the fact that the controls get annoying sometimes, and that ****ing silent realm is the worse thing ever. the only thing i liked about it was groose. :(

Quote: Blackholes_Wolf
Quote: DarkCynder_543
I adore the cover. <3
I hope that cover gets released world wide, and not exclusive to the UK like what happened with OoT 3D, where every other country got a plain gold cover.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/produ...CAM6MMBZ4D6CVXY

looks like everybody is getting it, still no info about any other regions getting the special edition though

Yeessss that's fantastic. :D

Quote: Razz
It's so beautiful, super fun, and has the best story of all the Zeldas, IMO. Honestly, as much as I like TP, it was obvious they were trying to pull as much of an ending punch as they did with WW (they sort of succeeded, but it's not like Midna is legit dead, unlike the King *sobs*). WW remains the only Zelda game that ever made me cry.

I thought TP's ending was quite powerful, with the whole mirror destroying and link not being able to see midna again. But yeah WW's ending was definitely more powerful.

but i didn't like how midna was brought to life again without much explanation, but imo the bittersweet ending made up for it (and what midna says right after she returns)
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 10:06:56 15/11/2014 by DarkCynder_543
#406 Posted: 14:28:05 15/11/2014
Glad I'm not the only one who dislikes Skyward Sword...

I've never played it, but the characters seem to be either really annoying, or just plain weird, Ghirahim for instance, could they have made him any more awkward? flicking his tongue around everywhere, dancing, sounding, looking, and dressing as a girl, heck, I think they should've just made him a girl.
---
#407 Posted: 20:07:59 15/11/2014
Ghirahim always freaked me out. He was even weirder than Zant. I did find Demise to be an amazing villain though, and the final battle with him was epic, just like most of the bosses, but the fights with him as the Imprisoned were just lame. As for Fi, well yes, she got annoying after a while.
The other characters were amazing though, especially Groose. I've always loved characters that reform. I loved Uncle Bats too (I can never get his name right) smilie
As for the story, soundtrack and gameplay, they were alright. It really wasn't that hard for me to adapt to the controls. And I loved riding the Loftwing. Wasn't too fond of the side quest though.
So, to recap, I did like Skyward Sword, but it could have done so much better in certain areas.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:49:24 15/11/2014 by Felines
#408 Posted: 21:22:08 15/11/2014
Ugh, speaking as someone who is queer in just about every sense, I find Ghirahim just gross. Japan has a problem with gay and trans people and they tend to use stereotypes from both groups in villains, which is so offensive.

I've never played SS and I don't have any plans to. For one, I can't play it since it relies so much on the motion controls. But I'm also just not interested in the story at all. The only thing about SS I saw that I liked was Impa, but they kind of ruined that by ripping off the TP and WW endings with her in the worst, most obviously manipulative way. I hope the new Zelda game will be better than that.
#409 Posted: 21:58:06 15/11/2014
You bring very strong points. I didn't even knew that Japan had such huge problems with that type of people. But displaying them like evil is just so wrong and cruel. People like that are almost always that way because of a traumatic experience in the past. But so few people want to understand it that way. Even my mom disapproves, goes as far as to say that
people like that are going to hell.
That is just a very cruel thing to say, even for her smilie
---
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4201
#410 Posted: 22:54:09 15/11/2014
I see I have the varying opinion. Skyward Sword was my favorite.
Sesshomaru75 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6521
#411 Posted: 00:29:16 16/11/2014 | Topic Creator
I hope you guys realize that Ghirahim isn't gay or trans, he's just sadistic and has a unique fashion sense. Not to mention the fact that he's technically genderless.
The way he dresses and behaves is just a part of his personality, nothing related to his sexuality or gender.

He was supposed to be extremely creepy and sadistic, which is why I like him.

I do like Skyward Sword, but it's personally my least favorite 3D home console game in the series.
The motion controls were a ***** for me to get used to, and even when I did I still had several problems (mostly with certain mini games).

Also, I personally think Zant's appearance at the end of Twilight Princess was meant to be more of a metaphor, rather than just he himself.

@DarkCynder_543 - It's because Midna didn't die in the first place; Ganondorf just left her to die, but didn't actually kill her.
---
A sword wields no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage.

Black lives matter, don't stop fighting until they do.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 00:41:14 16/11/2014 by Sesshomaru75
#412 Posted: 01:00:47 16/11/2014
I know that about Ghirahim, but so many people picture it like that strange way he behaves you almost believe it to be true smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:26:16 16/11/2014 by Felines
#413 Posted: 02:18:21 16/11/2014
Felines: Good on you for everything you said, although I have to disagree about the trauma part. I was gay as a kid, long before any trauma happened. :)

Sesshomaru75: Speaking as someone who identifies also as genderless, that does not make Ghirahim better. Especially since every instance I've seen of non-gendered characters has been to depict them as villains. :/ A character doesn't have to be gay themselves to be a bad representation of gay and trans people. Like I said, Japan has a problem culturally with non-binary, non-straight people and a lot of villains show those traits to get across that those are supposed to be seen as bad things (which is just not right). Sadism can be done without the queer bashing.
#414 Posted: 02:27:31 16/11/2014
Well, that's why I said almost always.
---
#415 Posted: 02:30:12 16/11/2014 | Topic Creator
Idk, I still like Ghirahim... I'm bi, but I'm not bothered by him at all.
---

#416 Posted: 03:50:04 16/11/2014
It's okay to like him. :) I still like Rurouni Kenshin even though one of the villains is a terrible blind stereotype. We all like things that are sometimes problematic. :)
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4201
#417 Posted: 12:30:14 16/11/2014
@Sess
For me, I really liked the way the did motion controls for most everything but the Beetle (especially sword, I just really liked it that way). For me, I felt like it gave it a polished edge. *shrugs*
#418 Posted: 20:17:34 16/11/2014 | Topic Creator
Nah, it felt like **** to me. The controller literally had a mind of it's own and I had to mess with it repeatedly.
It doesn't help that I shake all the time, so the controller freaks the **** out because it can't handle me shaking.
---

#419 Posted: 21:03:31 16/11/2014
So the most difficulty was with the flying beetle, I see. I don't think I've had any trouble with it. I suppose it's because so many years of playing videogames, I have learned to control my shaking smilie
---
#420 Posted: 01:43:53 17/11/2014
I generally can't deal with precise movements or timing, so I guess I'd fail at SS.
---
#421 Posted: 02:14:04 17/11/2014 | Topic Creator
Apparently, though Majora's Mask 3D can be played on the original 3DS, 3DS XL, and 2DS, it will "play differently" if played on the New 3DS or the New 3DS XL.

Here's an article about it.
---

Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:19:04 17/11/2014 by Sesshomaru75
#422 Posted: 02:16:29 17/11/2014
Well that's a new twist smilie
---
#423 Posted: 02:54:18 17/11/2014
I think I'll hold off on getting a new 3DS for as long as possible.... "playing differently" isn't worth the money.
---
#424 Posted: 03:11:06 17/11/2014
I have to agree with you there. No matter how great the feature, I can hold the temptation.
---
#425 Posted: 03:32:57 17/11/2014
Heh, it's going to be awhile before I can get any kind of 3DS at all, so this is not an issue I have to worry about. :D Heck, by the time I can afford either, chances are a Wii U will be about the same price as a 3DS XL anyway. :D
#426 Posted: 03:40:58 17/11/2014 | Topic Creator
I already needed another 3DS before the New 3DS was even announced, so I'm probably gonna get one anyways.
---

#427 Posted: 03:46:14 17/11/2014
I'm always holding out hope for a 2DS XL, but I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen.
#428 Posted: 23:11:49 18/11/2014 | Topic Creator
Hey, Kardonis, look who just got revealed for Hyrule Warriors:
[User Posted Image]

Just make sure to call a doctor if it last for more than four hours. smilie Jk lol
---

Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:14:19 18/11/2014 by Sesshomaru75
#429 Posted: 23:17:48 18/11/2014
I've looked at the walkthroughs for Hyrule Warriors, and so far I'm honestly not liking it. IMO they've missed a great opportunity to have certain characters interact and meet. I was looking forward to a good Midna and Link or Zelda interaction but it never happened (unless there was one but I missed it). :(

Quote: Sesshomaru75
I hope you guys realize that Ghirahim isn't gay or trans, he's just sadistic and has a unique fashion sense. Not to mention the fact that he's technically genderless.
The way he dresses and behaves is just a part of his personality, nothing related to his sexuality or gender.

He was supposed to be extremely creepy and sadistic, which is why I like him.

I do like Skyward Sword, but it's personally my least favorite 3D home console game in the series.
The motion controls were a ***** for me to get used to, and even when I did I still had several problems (mostly with certain mini games).

Also, I personally think Zant's appearance at the end of Twilight Princess was meant to be more of a metaphor, rather than just he himself.

@DarkCynder_543: It's because Midna didn't die in the first place; Ganondorf just left her to die, but didn't actually kill her.

wait really? I swear that wasn't mentioned in the game. But it's been ages since I've actually played the game, so my mind is a bit hazy on it. :
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:35:51 18/11/2014 by DarkCynder_543
#430 Posted: 23:23:12 18/11/2014 | Topic Creator
Wait, really? I swear that wasn't mentioned in the game.

No, it wasn't mentioned in the game, but neither was the fact that he killed her. Him having the Fused Shadow and crushing it doesn't automatically = Midna being dead.

I just personally believe that he left her to die, and the whole crushing of the Fused Shadow thing was a way of toying with Link because he knew that they were friends.

Ganondorf is an extremely manipulative sob, so I think it makes sense that he would do that.
---

#431 Posted: 23:34:26 18/11/2014
eh i guess so. i've always believed that the game implied midna to be dead. i thought link kind of behaved that way too, with the whole running across the grass scene in a 'OMG SHE'S ALIVE!!!' way after the fight. :|
---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 23:36:49 18/11/2014 by DarkCynder_543
#432 Posted: 00:12:37 19/11/2014 | Topic Creator
I thought Link kind of behaved that way too, with the whole running across the grass scene in a 'OMG SHE'S ALIVE!!!' way after the fight. smilie

Well, of course he's gonna react that way if he thinks she was killed.
---

#433 Posted: 00:44:16 19/11/2014
Hey, Kardonis, look who just got revealed for Hyrule Warriors:
[User Posted Image]

Just make sure to call a doctor if it last for more than four hours. smilie Jk lol

*crais manly tears*

YES YES YES A THOUSAND ****ING TIMES YES!

Also, the pic didn't load instantly, so I thought you were trolling me.

So, when is this getting released?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:57:42 19/11/2014 by kardonis
#434 Posted: 01:03:58 19/11/2014 | Topic Creator
November 27th, according to the article I was reading.
---

#435 Posted: 01:09:17 19/11/2014
9 days..... It might last that long lol.
---
#436 Posted: 01:15:01 19/11/2014
I don't have a Wii U, so I'm curious of how you unlock those special characters in Zhyrule Warriors. Do they give you a code or something?
---
#437 Posted: 01:15:34 19/11/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Felines
I don't have a Wii U, so I'm curious of how you unlock those special characters in Hyrule Warriors.
Do they give you a code or something?

It's DLC; you have to pay for it.
---

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:16:39 19/11/2014 by Sesshomaru75
#438 Posted: 01:27:35 19/11/2014
Oh, I understand now. Lately, you have to pay for everything. Oh, but the worst was with Super Smash Bros. Do you seriously need both the WiiU and 3DS versions to play as Mewtwo? They are practically making you buy the same game. I really don't care, but I know there are many people who were really looking forward to it, and look at what price smilie
---
#439 Posted: 01:43:09 19/11/2014 | Topic Creator
Well, luckily the DLC in Hyrule Warriors are only about $8 and have quite a bit of content, so I don't mind the DLC really.
---

#440 Posted: 01:47:32 19/11/2014
It's great value imo, new characters, a new adventure mode, and new weapons, with more still to come. It's worth it.
---
#441 Posted: 01:51:42 19/11/2014
Well as long as it's worth it smilie
---
#442 Posted: 02:54:56 19/11/2014
I thought Link kind of behaved that way too, with the whole running across the grass scene in a 'OMG SHE'S ALIVE!!!' way after the fight. :|

Well, of course he's gonna react that way if he thinks she was killed.

eh, with the way the whole thing was set out (from midna fighting alone in a self-sacrificing way (character development), to her helmet being destroyed by gannondorf to link's reactions) i just believe the game was implying that midna died fighting.
---
#443 Posted: 03:27:42 19/11/2014 | Topic Creator
To each their own. smilie
---

#444 Posted: 03:47:46 19/11/2014
I can go either way with Midna's "death" in TP. Maybe she did die and her coming back the way she did was a gift from the spirits to Link and her both. Maybe she didn't die and she appeared in her true form since the curse was finally broken. My personal headcanon is that she expected to die, was surprised she hadn't, and created the "true form" as an illusion so she could say goodbye to Link for good and soften the blow. Even wrote a fic about it.
#445 Posted: 04:28:19 19/11/2014
^ wow that's actually a pretty good theory

i came up with a theory that the spirits brought her back because what she did when she fought ganondorf (sacrificing herself and getting Link and Zelda to safety) was very self-redeeming, because she was pretty much a **tch for half the game and only cared about her world and all that. and she came back in her true form because ether she died so she would naturally be normal after coming back, or her curse was broken because ganondorf was defeated. or the spirits made her turn back to normal, i don't freaking know
---
Edited 6 times - Last edited at 04:34:53 19/11/2014 by DarkCynder_543
#446 Posted: 04:31:04 19/11/2014 | Topic Creator
I don't think the theory makes much sense at all, especially since it's said that she was turned into an imp by Zant in the game, but okay...
---

#447 Posted: 04:36:22 19/11/2014
DarkCynder_543: I like your theory, too. :) Another spin off from that: The Twili race is all small and impy, but when the light spirits brought Midna back, they only knew about the way her race looked early on in its history and now she's a giant among Twili. :D

Sesshomaru75: Where does it say directly in-game that that's Midna's true form? I know there was a cutscene that showed it, but that can easily be interpreted as Link imagining the events, assuming Midna would look more like his idea of a pretty woman (especially after having seen Zant, who I imagine is also mutated because of his exposure to Ganondorf's power). I've got nothing against Big Midna, she's just not my favorite and I don't see why we have to just take that as her "true form" at face value. Also, every single other Twili we see that hasn't been exposed to people from the light world is tiny and impish and there's nothing that says that isn't how they look naturally, so why would their royalty look so different?

Still, to each their own. :)
#448 Posted: 04:42:43 19/11/2014
I did always wondered why Midna looked like a super hot tall woman, yet the rest of the Twili were like, the complete opposite.

although, i think midna had another true form, but the creators changed it to something different. i saw it once, and it did look more like the other twili

EDIT: it's the image at the bottom right. i prefer it to be honest.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 04:48:09 19/11/2014 by DarkCynder_543
#449 Posted: 04:47:11 19/11/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Razz
Also, every single other Twili we see that hasn't been exposed to people from the light world is tiny and impish and there's nothing that says that isn't how they look naturally, so why would their royalty look so different?

Actually, that's not true. There were a few tall Twili, ones taller than Zant and Midna in fact.
---

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:51:57 19/11/2014 by Sesshomaru75
#450 Posted: 05:01:19 19/11/2014
DarkCynder: I love the other designs for Big Midna so much more than the official one. The Twili aren't Hylian anymore and they've evolved way past looking that way, or so the stories would suggest. It really didn't make sense to me that she looks basically like Shadow Zelda.

Sesshomaru: Still doesn't negate my theory. :D The tall Twili still have the distinct surrealness that we see in the shorter ones and resemble Imp Midna much more than Big Midna.
First | Previous | Page 9 of 31 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 29 30 31

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me