Forum

Poll

Favourite CTR:NF Spyro skin?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The Legend of Zelda Topic (Breath of The Wild Sequel Announced)
First | Previous | Page 22 of 31 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 29 30 31
The Legend of Zelda Topic (Breath of The Wild Sequel Announced)
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6383
#1051 Posted: 00:51:37 16/03/2016
Apparently you NEED a New 3DS to play Hyrule Warriors Legends. Meaning I must spend money on a New 3DS XL and go through the ridiculous process to have everything transferred, including the original Tetris, which isn't even on Virtual Console anymore.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6626
#1052 Posted: 01:33:22 16/03/2016
Quote: StevemacQ
Apparently you NEED a New 3DS to play Hyrule Warriors Legends. Meaning I must spend money on a New 3DS XL and go through the ridiculous process to have everything transferred, including the original Tetris, which isn't even on Virtual Console anymore.

No you don't. It runs on the original 3DS.

It just runs a whole lot better on the New 3DS (better framerate, more enemies, better controls because of the extra buttons, and you can actually use 3D).
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#1053 Posted: 01:38:50 16/03/2016
Quote: StevemacQ

Games that aren't on virtual console anymore can be redownloaded after a system transfer. Four Swords Adventures Anniversary isn't on the eShop anymore, but can still be redownloaded.
#1054 Posted: 22:09:22 25/03/2016
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

Roll-Goal is the best mini-game in any game ever.
---
Sesshomaru75 Platinum Sparx [online] Gems: 6431
#1055 Posted: 03:43:07 26/03/2016 | Topic Creator
/sarcasm lol
---
A sword wields no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage.
#1056 Posted: 17:19:42 26/03/2016
So I want to share something here, that I typed up elsewhere.

Quote:
Aonuma said that, fans who play Twilight Princess HD, may have many "Oh, I see!" moments when they eventually play Zelda Wii U too, hinting that Twilight Princess HD contains clues as to what Zelda Wii U will be about.

One thing I've been looking forward to the most about TPHD, is this clue hunting, and I'm considering getting into it myself once I 100% the game (and I nearly have). Mainly, the re-texturing of the game - since TPHD was mostly re-textured from the ground up, that leaves lots of room for little secrets to be added to the game, that weren't in the original Twilight Princess games on GC and Wii.

Well, it appears that one such secret may have been discovered.

That video goes over it pretty well, but for those who don't want to watch it, I will paraphrase:

[User Posted Image]

This texture was discovered on the walls lining the road leading up to Hyrule Castle, in Hyrule Castle Town, within Twilight Princess HD. The texture was NOT present in the original Twilight Princess games.

It might not mean much at first glance, and people might just write it off as nothing and assume that it's just a random carving with no hidden meaning, just to look pretty for the re-texture. But there is one thing that seems really off about it - the appearance of the "bird men" in the middle carving:

[User Posted Image]

They look, point for point, like Rito males. They have all of the distinct features of Rito males, and have similar clothing too.

This may not mean anything to someone who doesn't follow or care about Zelda lore, but to someone who does, this presents a glaring lore problem.

You see, Wind Waker takes place on the timeline where the Hero of Time defeats Ganondorf, but remains an adult, not returning back in time to live out his whole life. Wind Waker is also the only canon Zelda game in which the Rito appear, and they are supposed to be a species evolved from the Zora (the original Zora race are also extinct in this timeline, by the time Wind Waker happens).

However, Twilight Princess takes place on a timeline where the Hero of Time defeats Ganondorf, and returns back in time to become a child again (leading into Majora's Mask). In this timeline, the Zora never evolved into Rito and didn't go extinct. So the fact that Twilight Princess HD is now referencing them in this carving - and next to a Zora, which is depicted in the third panel of the carving - and said carving is just outside a location as important as Hyrule Castle, of all places, seems really suspicious.

This carving also contains other interesting things - we clearly see a Goron resembling Darunia from Ocarina of Time, as well as someone resembling Young Link. There is also a man depicted next to Link in two of the carvings. He looks a lot like Ganondorf in terms of his physical features, but the fact that he is wearing regular looking robes, and appears to be holding a gardening hoe, would suggest he's just a common citizen. Which means the resemblance to Ganondorf, would suggest that this man is a Gerudo male. He also happens to be wearing arm bandages that look very similar to the ones Link is depicted wearing in all of the Zelda Wii U material we have seen so far. The woman in the first panel of the carving, also looks just like a Gerudo female. The second panel also depicts a woman who doesn't appear to be a Gerudo, but has a similar, amazonian size to that of the Gerudo male. And of course, we see Ooccoo and Ooccoo. Jr in the carving too (though they of course could just be any old pair of Oocca people, and not specifically the mother and child that help Link throughout Twilight Princess).

While this is all theorising and what not so far, I do feel like this carving was not made randomly with no hidden intentions. It seems way too deliberately made to pique the interest of any Zelda lore fanatic, and of course, has that glaring inconsistency of the Rito being present in a carving from a game in the "Young Link" timeline, where the Rito should not exist, given the current set-up of the lore.

I feel like this carving hints at a few things for Zelda Wii U:

-Link will have been raised by a Gerudo family/tribe (this might seem like a stretch with this carving alone, but there has been a lot of hints pointing toward it so far. It's a whole other theory you could look up, this is just the most recent piece of evidence supporting it).
-The Gerudo will have more prominence in Zelda Wii U than in any other Zelda game, possibly having a more open role as Hyrulean citizens, rather than living in secret (again, it's a longer running theory).
-The Rito will be in Zelda Wii U, and will have a tweaked backstory for this timeline, so they can co-exist with the Zoras.
-We will see more of the Oocca people (there has also been another hint towards this).
-Zelda Wii U will take place before Twilight Princess and in the same timeline (since a carving around Hyrule Castle would most likely depict events that happened at the castle or within Hyrule in the past).

Also, this next thing is a huge stretch and is purely my own addition, but I will mention it anyway - we see the boy who looks like Link, carrying a shield, and only a shield, being accompanied by what might appear to be his parents or a similar kind of figure to him. At the beginning of Twilight Princess, Link was supposed to travel to Hyrule Castle as a representative of the Ordon Province, bearing a sword and shield crafted in Ordon, as gifts for the royal family, and was sent to do this by Rusl (who is a father figure to Link in the game). In Twilight Princess, this is implied to be a time-honoured tradition. So, is it possible that we will see the origins of this custom, in Zelda Wii U?

I just wanted to share this. I love looking for lore hints in games and what not, especially when they might hint at upcoming installments.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:53:26 26/03/2016 by sonicbrawler182
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7512
#1057 Posted: 17:23:56 26/03/2016
whoa thats interesting.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 5759
#1058 Posted: 01:27:10 27/03/2016
Zelda U being a prequel to TP?

let me think for a second.... ALL OF THE YES
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
#1059 Posted: 02:20:29 27/03/2016
Marin got announced for DLC for Hyrule Warriors Legends.

So ****ing happy.
---
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#1060 Posted: 04:27:27 27/03/2016
Quote: kardonis
Zelda U being a prequel to TP?

let me think for a second.... ALL OF THE YES

I'd only buy Zelda U if it dropped in price then, aka only after a very long time. >.>;

I really don't like Twilight Princess, and if the new Zelda U is a prequel, then I really don't plan on buying it. I'd prefer if the Zelda games weren't direct sequels/prequels tbh.
#1061 Posted: 06:54:18 27/03/2016 | Topic Creator
Okay, that's kinda dumb Strider. :/ If it is connected, it's probably not directly. Not only that, but it probably doesn't play like TP either.

At least be more rational about this instead of jumping the gun for such a silly and mundane reason. :/
---
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3517
#1062 Posted: 13:44:53 27/03/2016
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Okay, that's kinda dumb Strider. :/ If it is connected, it's probably not directly. Not only that, but it probably doesn't play like TP either.

At least be more rational about this instead of jumping the gun for such a silly and mundane reason. :/

Why are you jumping the gun on her jumping the gun on the game so quickly? :/

She said if the new Zelda U games turns out as a prequel, her interest would die down. Some people actually have good reasons to dislike TP, that don't include the gameplay. However, the way you are acting sounds as if she stated a dumb reason for liking TP, which she apparently didn't. And I am aware that it is possible that it might be connected indirectly, but sometimes that could be someone's reason for dropping the game. Excuse me for being the broken record here, but we are all entitled to our own opinions, can we not get on top of each other every time somebody drops something that you can't agree with 100%?

I apologize if I come off as rude here, it is not my intention. smilie
---
My life is complete.
#1063 Posted: 19:25:12 27/03/2016 | Topic Creator
It's just ridiculous to lose interest in a game because it could possibly have even loose connections to another game that you don't like.

It doesn't matter which way you look at it, it's silly.

If the game is loosely connected, looks entirely different, and plays differently, than it's absolutely ridiculous to drop the game just like that.

Also, I don't see how I was "jumping" on her. I was simply pointing out that she was being extremely irrational about this is all.

She's allowed to have her opinion, and she doesn't have to buy Zelda U if she doesn't want to, but it's still silly nonetheless.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:58:03 27/03/2016 by Sesshomaru75
#1064 Posted: 02:19:13 28/03/2016
Also just wanted to point out that Strider probably didn't read sb's whole post and only saw the post from kardonis, which implied that Zelda u was really going to be a legit prequel to TP. Form that alone you wouldn't think of some loose connections or references but a full on prequel.
---
My life is complete.
#1065 Posted: 02:59:18 28/03/2016 | Topic Creator
Good point, my bad.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:59:50 28/03/2016 by Sesshomaru75
#1066 Posted: 03:19:41 28/03/2016
If you want my most basic theory on what Zelda Wii U will be about, after me mulling it over today...

I think one possibility is that it will be a prequel to Twilight Princess, where we play as the Hero of Time after his adventures in Termina.

As we know in Twilight Princess, much of the Hero of Twilight's quest was already laid out for him. We meet the Hero's Shade (the tormented ghost of the Hero of Time), who trains the Hero of Twilight in swordplay. We also see how Skull Kid (who we know became friends with the Hero of Time at the end of Majora's Mask) had guarded the Sacred Grove, only letting the Hero of Twilight in after testing him, which was most likely a task entrusted to the Skull Kid by the Hero of Time. We can also see that the various Howling Stones in the game, have the Sheikah crest on them, and when the Hero of Twilight uses them, he is knocked unconscious and his mind is altered to hold messages from the Hero of Time. That's a lot like the Gossip Stones in Ocarina of Time. So the Howling Stones must have been set up by the Hero of Time with the assistance of a Sheikah. The only two people who could possibly do this according to current knowledge, are Zelda and Impa, most likely the latter.

A lot of people believe the Ancient Hero that's mentioned in Twilight Princess, is supposed to be the Hero of Time, due to his presence as the Hero's Shade, but I do not think that's possible. The Hero's Shade mentions that nobody remembers his efforts as a hero and that he could not pass on his teachings to an immediate successor. This is why his spirit lingered. After realising he had no immediate successor, he began to sow the seeds that would lead his eventual successor on a the path of the Hero. His own spirit then lingers in order to pass on his sword skills.

Considering all of this, and certain aspects of the Zelda Wii U trailers, like Link seemingly being in hiding (he wears a black cloak when not in battle), I feel like it's inevitable that this story will be about the Hero of Time and his unsung tale to save Hyrule from Ganondorf a second time. We know he does not succed in his lifetime, due to Twilight Princess, but Zelda Wii U could still tell the story of his efforts, and how he eventually reasons to set up a contingency plan, by setting up the things necessary to guide the Hero of Twilight to finish the job.

I could go into much more detail, but it's almost 4:30am.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:21:21 28/03/2016 by sonicbrawler182
#1067 Posted: 03:23:46 28/03/2016 | Topic Creator
I really like the sound of that theory, especially since I've always wanted them to continue the story of the Hero of Time in some way.

That would also make sense because I recall there being a thing from Nintendo implying that the Happy Mask Salesman might return in a future title.
(One of their "in-character" tweets during the release of MM 3D, like what they've been doing with Malo for TP HD recently)
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:27:52 28/03/2016 by Sesshomaru75
#1068 Posted: 13:01:15 30/03/2016
[User Posted Image]

This arrived today.

I've got the watch working, and so I'm keeping the box and keeping the watch inside of it. It's like a little decorative clock now.

I tried the demo of Legends on my 3DS a while ago and I didn't like how it felt. However, I may buy a New 3DS XL today.

I tried the new characters on Wii U already though. Linkle and Toon Link are my favourites and honestly feel like they might be two of the most powerful characters in the game (figures that all of the best characters sans Lana are some form of Link).

I like playing as Tetra and King Daphnes too. Skull Kid is OK and I love what they did with him personality and animation-wise, but he feels so underwhelming to play. He's very slow and most of his attacks are very straight forward, and don't seem that powerful. His Special Attack in particular is absolutely abysmal, like I know strong attacks in the game that have more range than it. Maybe it's secretly really powerful against single captains, but you'd be lucky to get over 20 normal enemies inside of it on the average map/mission. He's pretty good against Giant Bosses though.
---
#1069 Posted: 18:52:27 27/04/2016 | Topic Creator
Zelda U delayed until 2017; also coming out on NX.

Well ****...
---
henryszuch Gold Sparx Gems: 2545
#1070 Posted: 19:04:23 27/04/2016
Quote: Sesshomaru75

This is awful, IMO
#1071 Posted: 19:05:07 27/04/2016
So they are coming out at the same time?
---
My life is complete.
#1072 Posted: 19:11:51 27/04/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: MagicFizz
So they are coming out at the same time?

The two versions of the game or the game and the NX?

Either way, yes.
---
#1073 Posted: 19:22:07 27/04/2016
What the heck? What about all those who bought the Wii u for zelda U??
---
My life is complete.
#1074 Posted: 19:23:54 27/04/2016

Hahaha like Nintendo cares (sarcastic laugh)
#1075 Posted: 19:24:53 27/04/2016 | Topic Creator
It's still coming out on Wii U, but Nintendo's going to force the people that bought the Wii U to wait for the game longer.
Just so that it can also come out on the NX at the same time, no less.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:26:18 27/04/2016 by Sesshomaru75
#1076 Posted: 19:35:48 27/04/2016
I don't care if the new Zelda runs at 60fps with greater draw distance and spectacle on NX, I'm still getting it for Wii U because it'll be the more financially competent thing to do.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#1077 Posted: 19:36:58 27/04/2016 | Topic Creator
^ Agreed.
---
Spellslamzer75 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1333
#1078 Posted: 21:21:55 27/04/2016
I expected it would get delayed again, to be honest. smilie

Hopefully it will be a really good game.
---
Strength, courage, and evil
DummyZ Gold Sparx Gems: 2828
#1079 Posted: 21:33:26 27/04/2016

Except you should buy a console for the games you can play, not the ones they say you'll be able to play.

I bet PS3 owners who wanted FFXV must've been mad.
#1080 Posted: 22:45:11 27/04/2016
Quote: DummyZ

Except you should buy a console for the games you can play, not the ones they say you'll be able to play.

I bet PS3 owners who wanted FFXV must've been mad.

Disclaimer: I am not one of those people.
---
My life is complete.
TacoMakerSkys Emerald Sparx Gems: 4816
#1081 Posted: 22:55:32 27/04/2016

Why buy a console for a game that isn't even out? That's their fault for buying it JUST for Zelda, not Nintendo's.
---
words. letters. filler.
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#1082 Posted: 14:45:58 05/05/2016
http://m.ign.com/articles/2016...es-new-e3-plans

Zelda CONFIRMED to be the only game at E3. No Direct. No NX. Just Zelda.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#1083 Posted: 14:59:23 05/05/2016
Quote: TheToyNerd

There is only zelda now.
#1084 Posted: 15:02:31 05/05/2016
Quote: ZapNorris
Quote: TheToyNerd

There is only zelda now.

Fun Fact: There is no other Nintendo game besides Legend of Zelda. Mario, Pikmin, Metroid... Never existed!
#1085 Posted: 15:39:35 05/05/2016
WHAT THE FUDGE NINTENDO.

NOT EVEN COLOR SPLASH OR PIKMIN 4 AAHHHHH
---
My life is complete.
#1086 Posted: 18:31:04 05/05/2016
WHAT THE FUDGE NINTENDO.

NOT EVEN COLOR SPLASH OR PIKMIN 4 AAHHHHH

what's a pikmin? there's only zelda. smilie

jk, i actually played a bit of pikmin 3 and plan on buying it full.
#1087 Posted: 19:08:19 05/05/2016
This got even worse, somehow.
#1088 Posted: 20:20:08 05/05/2016
Well.

Nintendo is done.
---
#1089 Posted: 21:03:07 05/05/2016 | Topic Creator
Nintendo isn't "done", but this is certainly not a good idea whatsoever. I get that they want to show Zelda U off, but this is just ridiculous.
---
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#1090 Posted: 00:55:14 06/05/2016
Alrighty then.

Don't think this is a good idea, but I don't think this means they're automatically doomed, either.

I'm more baffled than angry. Just... What? Okay...

Oddly enough, I had a dream about the new Legend of Zelda last night. Which is weird because while I'm excited for the game, it hasn't really been in my thoughts lately.

I have no idea whether or not to consider that sign of something or another.
#1091 Posted: 01:00:04 06/05/2016
Nintendo isn't doomed because they didn't show anything important at E3 besides Zelda. But, it does show a lack of care, respect and understanding of their audience here in North America. E3 is the time to show off your stuff to EVERYBODY, not just us Nintendo fans. By not being there in full, it undermines the impact that you have on the market. E3 isn't everything, but you at least have to try!
#1092 Posted: 02:03:52 06/05/2016

If this turns out to be what the game will be about, consider me pumped.

The idea of the gods no longer needing Link and possibly the Sheikah too, and wanting to get rid of them, sounds like a super compelling storyline.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:05:40 06/05/2016 by sonicbrawler182
#1093 Posted: 02:19:20 06/05/2016 | Topic Creator
It's an interesting concept no doubt, but I don't like the idea very much regardless of how compelling it might be.

Just my two cents.
---
#1094 Posted: 02:22:43 06/05/2016
RIP in kill nintendo
Muffin Man Emerald Sparx Gems: 3649
#1095 Posted: 03:49:50 06/05/2016
Honestly I don't even really want to see that much more of the new Zelda. I just want a trailer to get an idea of the story and everything, not a bunch of spoilers in a day long playthrough.

I'm glad my main source of hype for E3 is getting more Skymiibos in Skylanders 6. Hopefully Nintendo will at least allow that to happen again.
---
whoever reads this shall succumb to the ways of the Muffin
#1096 Posted: 09:35:15 06/05/2016
Quote: Muffin Man
Honestly I don't even really want to see that much more of the new Zelda. I just want a trailer to get an idea of the story and everything, not a bunch of spoilers in a day long playthrough.

I'm glad my main source of hype for E3 is getting more Skymiibos in Skylanders 6. Hopefully Nintendo will at least allow that to happen again.

Unfortunately, there will be no Direct this year at E3, soooo... Maybe they'll have a Pre-E3 conference? I still doubt that MORE Skymiibos will be announced this year. The Starter Pack confusion was one of the worst aspects of Superchargers
#1097 Posted: 03:44:38 13/05/2016 | Topic Creator
For those of you in NA with a Wii U, Phantom Hourglass has finally released on Virtual Console after roughly five months of it being on the Japanese and European eShops.
(It was released in November in both territories)

It's weird that Spirit Tracks isn't being released alongside it like it was in Japan and Europe, but there might be a reason for that.
(Apparently regarding DLC packs in Hyrule Warriors Legends, which is really dumb if you ask me)
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:46:11 13/05/2016 by Sesshomaru75
#1098 Posted: 13:31:26 03/06/2016
With rumours of the NX being delayed to have in VR (https://www.destructoid.com/ni...vr-365538.phtml), what's the point of delaying the upcoming Wii U Zelda game any longer?

Just make a new Super Mario for NX to be the killer app and give the Wii U one last bone and make Zelda's 30th anniversary be something big.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#1099 Posted: 21:43:39 09/06/2016 | Topic Creator
New art of Link riding Epona was revealed a few days ago.
[User Posted Image]

- - -

On another note...

Finally, after over ten years of waiting, Nintendo is releasing a complete Twilight Princess soundtrack.

It releases on July 27th, and it has all 108 songs from the game on three disc.
You also get a badge depicting Link (First print copies ONLY) and a poster.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:49:04 09/06/2016 by Sesshomaru75
TacoMakerSkys Emerald Sparx Gems: 4816
#1100 Posted: 18:45:55 12/06/2016
Amazon just released another piece of art for Zelda U/NX.
[User Posted Image]
---
words. letters. filler.
First | Previous | Page 22 of 31 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 29 30 31

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me