Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
RP Challenge!! [CLOSED]
Dmcrocks Gold Sparx Gems: 2182
#1 Posted: 20:10:15 08/06/2013 | Topic Creator
So I had an epiphany. People love to take challenges, because we're all scared of humiliation and ridicule(Sorry, It's just psychology!smilie). I also know that if you add/take away a small fraction of something day by day, people won't notice and they'll get used to it. So, maybe if we had a small challenge, that slowly gets harder, but makes your role-playing skills better, the role-play section could become better. So here it is.

*Note: Except for Day 1, all rules apply throughout the whole challenge.

Day 1 - Type as you regularly do.
Day 2 - Add one extra adjective/adverb to your sentences in all role plays. *Note: If you type in script, type regular here. Even if it's one sentence.
Day 3 - Type an extra sentence/clause.
Day 4 - Add an extra adjective/adverb.
Day 5 - Move up to three sentences.
Day 6 - Make one sentence dialogue, and the other two describing your character's actions. If you have already been doing so, this is your day off.
Day 7 - Take out the dialogue. Just describe your character's actions.
Day 8 - Add two new adjectives/adverbs.
Day 9 - Try broken dialogue. Ex: '"This," Joe started, pointing at Gomamon, who had recently degenerated. "Is my partner Gomamon."'
Day 10 - Use a complex sentence: A clause that could stand on it's own, with a clause that can't.
Day 11 - Take a day off.
Day 12 - Write a full paragraph.
Day 13 - Have your paragraph be about your character thinking about the current problem on hand.
Day 14 - Have your paragraph describe your character's emotions.
Day 15 - Try writing a longer paragraph than you have done before.

The challenge will start on June 15th and run to June 30th. If you're willing to join, please reply saying "I Pledge to the RP Challenge."
---
if you're looking to get in contact with me, please go through http://petty-bourgeoisie.tumblr.com
paddyfitz Gold Sparx Gems: 2242
#2 Posted: 20:29:28 08/06/2013
Sounds cool! I would be in it, but I'm not really in any roleplays I could do stuff like that in.
---
Black lives matter, love is love, trans men are men and trans women are women!!!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:34:37 09/06/2013 by paddyfitz
Angel220200 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4401
#3 Posted: 02:38:46 09/06/2013
I pledge to the RP challenge. This'll be interesting. :3

My only question is, for Day 5, what if we normally write more than three sentences? Do we just add three more, or..?
---
Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven; give, and it will be given to you.
#4 Posted: 04:50:58 09/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Yeah. If you're normally a large poster, then you get to play the Daunting Challenge. On Day 3, you have to add another sentence to your norm, and so on.
---
if you're looking to get in contact with me, please go through http://petty-bourgeoisie.tumblr.com
Cynderluv8801 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3305
#5 Posted: 07:10:52 09/06/2013
I pledge to the RP challenge

This should be tough because I only go on DS on my phone... But I like challenges
---
~ Nami One-Trick ~
Angel220200 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4401
#6 Posted: 11:59:37 09/06/2013
Okay. One more question before this starts, though;
What happens if the number of sentences we make in a post normally isn't consistent? Would that matter at all?

(Sorry.. I have a habit of bombing out questions. >.<)
---
Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven; give, and it will be given to you.
#7 Posted: 21:07:30 09/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Nope, not all. Just Add the number of sentences to the amount you're going to post. smilie
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me