darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > What path to choose for S2 Prism Break?
Page 1 of 1
What path to choose for S2 Prism Break? [CLOSED]
ItalianGamer97 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1378
#1 Posted: 02:14:35 02/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Currently, i'm on the Crystaleer path, and I have the wow-pow, Pulse Power. Here's my situation: I like Crystaleer's looks, with the green crystals and all, but the increased damage and range on Prismancer seems to be enough of a sacrifice for a change to a color I don't really like that much. I just need some help in deciding what path I should permanently take for my S2 smilie. I find myself switching paths somewhat often, but I need reasons to stick towards one path more than the other.
---
And to prevent confusion, I am in the U.S. and I am part Italian.
siowm6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1482
#2 Posted: 02:40:45 02/06/2013
Quote: GhostRoaster24
For S2 Prism Break,

PRISMANCER
PROS:

Pulse does 81 damage, compared to Crystaleer's 56? I don't know the exact number, but Prismancer's is MUCH more powerful.
Great Range with his pulse.
His beam usually ticks once before the pulse lands, for a whopping total of 108 damage in under half of a second.
Chips through hundreds of damage in around 5 seconds.
Land a (somewhat difficult) combo to deal insane damage. 1. Beam tick(27) 1-4 times. 2. Pulse Power(81) 3. Mash (on the Wii) the B button to immediately drop a crystal where the pulse last hit(40). (OPTIONAL) 4. Pulse Power the opponent again(108). We're talking 148- 256 damage in around 5 seconds. Just, amazing.

CONS:

Struggles with melee characters; poor in close range.
Also struggles with any ranged attacker with a dash move.
Very poor speed, struggles with characters who get away from him easily.
Pulse combo can be hard to hit, with only one crystal being summoned.
Crystal eruption is not very effective being short ranged and only dealing 20 damage.

CRYSTALEER
PROS:

Crystal Eruption has a great use in dealing a quick 30 damage up close that has great range.
The three dropped crystals are very hard to avoid; each dealing out 40 damage, not to mention that more than 1 can hit at once.
Very defensively solid.
Good at hitting enemies above him.
Pulse Combo is much easier to hit with the three crystals dropping.

CONS:

Often struggles in dealing out high amounts of damage in time.
Poor at range.
Pulse Power is far less damaging.
Often struggles at many forms of offense.

Overall, I prefer Prismancer over Crystaleer thanks to his new highly damaging Wow Pow. smilie

Can be seen in this thread: //forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=80810
GhostRoaster24 Blue Sparx Gems: 942
#3 Posted: 16:54:48 02/06/2013
^ Yes, I remember posting that! smilie I prefer Prismancer just because you can easily spam that 81 damage pulse quickly. Crystaleer's damage is only at 56 compared to 81. So, I would go Prismancer. Both paths are great, however.
---
Tumblr: hunter-alex
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#4 Posted: 00:32:55 14/06/2013
Go for Prismancer, you wont regret it. And also, I love how Prisim Break is like the one guy that nobody overly likes, and nobody hates. There is no reason to hate on him, and so no one does. He is the medium in peoples opinion.
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7014
#5 Posted: 01:06:05 14/06/2013
Use the ol upgrade path recommendations topic. It isn't stickied for nothing!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me