Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Spyro a "First Among Equals" in Skylanders
Page 1 of 1
Spyro a "First Among Equals" in Skylanders [CLOSED]
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#1 Posted: 22:05:56 27/05/2013 | Topic Creator
For those who don't know, from a Skylanders interview (http://youtu.be/42jNVgE3k_k?t=4m8s), Toys for Bob said that they wanted Spyro and Cynder to have the same role as the other Skylanders, to make sure that one Skylander doesn't feel more special or different than the others, but in a way, still honor the history of Spyro, Cynder, and even the other Skylanders at the same amount of equality.

How do you guys feel about that?
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:15:15 27/05/2013 by Aura24
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10259
#2 Posted: 23:23:47 27/05/2013
That's what I keep saying,moving the point to the fandom's preferred group just turns people that don't like that away from the game. Of course, broken fandom will be broken fandom,and if it isn't Spyro being the best thing ever and the only important character in the game,then it's not really Spyro.

Still I prefer that if it was a small group even in a main storyline game, as the years passed it was getting pretty obvious that Spyro is too simple as a character to be around on his own; Sparx is the best example of that since during ANB and TEN he'd provide some humor since Spyro's character wouldn't allow any of that anymore - Though it's kinda contradicting that the Eternal Night short had a lot of humor even in the dark setting of the story.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Kariana Emerald Sparx Gems: 3057
#3 Posted: 23:29:27 27/05/2013
I do wish Spyro and Cynder were given much more special attention honestly.
---
KrazyKari.deviantart.com
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#4 Posted: 23:30:48 27/05/2013
I always thought this was sensible and I respect it. It's nice to see a game put the player in the spotlight the way Skylanders does and let us choose who we like best. :) I haven't cared about Spyro as a character since...ever, so this doesn't bother me one bit. :)
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#5 Posted: 01:37:18 28/05/2013
Yeah, I understand. This simply reaffirms my belief that Skylanders is its own franchise born out of the ashes of the old Spyro franchise. <.<
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#6 Posted: 02:25:18 28/05/2013
Quote: Kariana

This!!
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#7 Posted: 14:36:52 28/05/2013
GamerFitNation are really the only reviewers/bloggers who ask about Spyro's role in Skylanders.

I really don't mind if Spyro and Cynder receive less attention in future games. As long as I can still play as them in Skylanders thats good enough for me. Besides, we still have the novels which feature Spyro as the main character 3 times and one time as a supporting character. Maybe will get a novel with Cynder later on.
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5448
#8 Posted: 12:23:03 29/05/2013
I like it, becuase that means other's favourite skylanders won't be in the shadows of others and have a chance to be in the spotlight. Spyro gets a lot of attention when it comes to some of the stories anyway.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#9 Posted: 07:43:53 03/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Yeah, even in one of the recent novels focusing around three of the Skylanders, Spyro got a notable role in the book.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Zackeio Yellow Sparx Gems: 1733
#10 Posted: 02:08:36 18/06/2013
Quote: Aura24
For those who don't know, from a Skylanders interview (http://youtu.be/42jNVgE3k_k?t=4m8s), Toys for Bob said that they wanted Spyro and Cynder to have the same role as the other Skylanders, to make sure that one Skylander doesn't feel more special or different than the others, but in a way, still honor the history of Spyro, Cynder, and even the other Skylanders at the same amount of equality.

How do you guys feel about that?

Seems fair to me. Then again, Skylanders isn't really a Spyro game, so again, I'm not going to get disappointed or vexed about how Spryo, Spark, and or Cynder are not playing some lead role in this game series. That's like getting upset that Link isn't the main character in Super Smash Brothers Brawl . . . just because an LOZ character is in/featured/playable in a video game doesn't mean it automatically becomes an LOZ game.
---
Everyday that you wake up . . . is a good day.
My Gallery
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:33:52 18/06/2013 by Zackeio
SpyraArtisan Blue Sparx Gems: 609
#11 Posted: 02:48:36 18/06/2013
Quote: Kariana

----------
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me