Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > The Colosseum (all races welcome, still accepting)
First | Previous | Page 6 of 6
1 2 3 4 5 6
The Colosseum (all races welcome, still accepting) [CLOSED]
Stealthelfrocks Yellow Sparx Gems: 1235
#251 Posted: 02:48:21 05/06/2013
"get to the island, I can take care of that shadow," Heiwa said, and dived after the pheonix shadow, with her jaws wide open, aiming to grab the shadow by its neck.

Her own shadow could notice shard, but now could care less about the wolf. It just wants the perfect timing to catch any of the characters off guard.
---
well guys..... took me a while.... but i might still hang around.... dont know..... but.... I loved the moment while it lasted smilie
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8630
#252 Posted: 02:50:38 05/06/2013
ooc: May I join? Also are dragons aloud?
---
SC
HotDogAndZap Emerald Sparx Gems: 3531
#253 Posted: 02:53:12 05/06/2013
OOC: I'm not the GM, but considering that there are more then 2 dragons in this RP, I would assume so.
#254 Posted: 02:55:28 05/06/2013
Ooc: and if a wolf/tiger/dragon is aloud, I think a dragon is aloud. ^plus this reason
---
well guys..... took me a while.... but i might still hang around.... dont know..... but.... I loved the moment while it lasted smilie
Cynderluv8801 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3305
#255 Posted: 03:35:40 05/06/2013
OOC: Argh sorry, I was gone at Great America... Going to read all the posts is missed then edit this post.
---
~ Nami One-Trick ~
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8605
#256 Posted: 04:27:31 05/06/2013
Quote: HotDogAndZap
Sasha stayed with her group, and watched her carbon-copy take form. It turned, and started to work it's way towards the group. Sasha growled, and took a step forward, itching for a fight.

As the two shadows headed towards the group, Darin growled and prepared for the incoming fight. Suddenly, he heard a bird-like noise as his own shadow began to dive and fly right towards him. 'Thanks for the warning shadow...,' he thought to himself. He held his ground and watched the shadow closely, prepared to dodge at the right moment and possibly counter attack.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:28:43 05/06/2013 by redwes
Cynder09 Diamond Sparx Gems: 9866
#257 Posted: 14:37:07 05/06/2013
The double lunged at Nadia, making the first move by attempting to slash at her with her claws. Nadia dodged the attacks and then grabbed her clone by the arms, lifting her up with ease and then tossing her over her shoulder. Then as the clone got up, Nadia slashed at her face, following up with a bite to the shoulder. The clone hit her with a series of punches to the stomach that caused Nadia to let go. Then the double knocked her backwards with a roundhouse kick. Then just as Nadia was getting back up, the clone lunged at her. Nadia quickly grabbed the clone before she could strike, and threw her upwards. As the double was coming back down, Nadia hit her with a punch that sent her upwards again. Then Nadia jumped up as she was coming down, then hit her down towards the ground. While the clone recovered from the hits, Nadia body slammed her as she came down, and then pinned the clone there.
---
I live my life inside a dream, only waking when I sleep.
Yeah, I've been living in the state of dreaming, living in a make-believe land.
Waaksian Emerald Sparx Gems: 4906
#258 Posted: 15:09:12 05/06/2013
OOC: Don't sweat it, you're fine. Real life comes first, after all. smilie

Pehcook diligently searched the perimeter for any sign of the team flag, all the while avoiding quicksand, poisonous plants, and-- a stick snapped behind him. Turning around abruptly, he saw, with horror, that his shadowy doppelganger had been stalking him. "His" cover blown, the clone charged at Pehcook and pounced at his neck. To shocked to react, the breath was knocked out of his lungs as his carbon copy pinned him down, screaming: "Go for the throat!" "His" voice seemed odd-- warped, in a way.
The entrapped Chorihzian felt sharp blades threaten to pierce his jumpsuit and skin, and he batted at the doppelganger with his front feet. "His" head flinched away from Pehcook's flailing paws, "his" neck sent in an S-curve. The blades started to dig in; Pehcook finally threw the clone off with his back legs. "He" stumbled back, muttering something incomprehensible.
#259 Posted: 21:52:49 05/06/2013
Ooc: Here is my character!

Name: Icestorm
Appearance: Is mostly a fire red color but his claws are a gold color and the edges of his spines and tail blade that is shaped like a flame has an orange outline. His wing membranes are a yellow color. His eyes are a deep blue color. He has scars from fearsome battles.
Where/When are they from?: Is from the dragon planet called Sosen
Personality: Is a very wise dragon, can be dark at times, caring.
Strengths: His element fire makes him stronger. If he comes in contact of fire he becomes stronger.
Weaknesses: Element X. This rare element is only found in and around volcanic lava fealds and the volcanos themselves.This element makes him very weak and unable to use his elements it even makes him unable to move at all.
Other: He has been in the fights for 3 years. He has natural healing abilitys.
---
SC
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:12:16 06/06/2013 by Spyroconvexity
miniquiny999 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4229
#260 Posted: 23:04:37 05/06/2013
"Mneh." Shadow said, unenthusiasticaly,"Shall we play blind mans blight?" She asked Wave. "
Let's Shall!" he replied. They were both delighted with some thing to do.
Shadow used her shadow breath to create a solid, black blindfold. "
Tie it on me" Said Shadow, Wave already started doing this. "Ready?"asked Shadow impatiently. "Mhm" Said Wave
"Step back" She said.
Wave did as told.
"Attack when ready" She said.
---
im not dead but only in theory since i never use this heckin site anymore. send me a pm if you want i'll try to get back to ya this century
Dragon-outcast Emerald Sparx Gems: 4191
#261 Posted: 04:51:42 06/06/2013
Quote: Dragon-outcast
ooc: Question, does the carbon-copies hold the same memories and muscle-memories as the original?

ooc: just reposting this question because I know it would probably be missed if I just left it where it was.

Shard swam faster, and even though he hated fighting in a watery environment, it'd have to do for now. He swam and swam and swam, fast as he could.
---
*insert edgy saying about the meaning of life*
Procrastination: Hard work often pays of after time, but laziness always pays off now.
Leafex Yellow Sparx Gems: 1055
#262 Posted: 06:14:33 06/06/2013
Ooc: I've been lurking for awhile, but there seems to be a break in the action with people asking questions, so I figure now's a good time to ask to join!

Name: Kane

Appearance: A volcano-sky dragon hybrid. http://laurel-tree.deviantart....Sheet-220053488 (old reference sheet is kinda bleh, but all info is accurate. Only important thing is his armor now only partially covers his neck and tail. He can also change his wing membranes' color between black and the transparent stained glass effect.)

Where/When are they from?: Medieval-esque era, where volcano dragons are often in conflict with northern ice dragons, and dragons can unlock their magical potential if they have a rider. Magic, while formerly prominent in the world, is steadily fading. Dragons are one of the last strongholds of magic, but even theirs has lessened over time. The main deity of the world is a phoenix, while the "devil" figure is a black snake. Kane lived with a small colony of volcano dragons on a volcanic island until finding a rider of his own; they have since traveled to various lands honing their skills as a team.

Personality: Kane was a docile, if a bit socially insecure, child. He enjoyed reading and adventuring, until his best friend was killed by one of the ice dragons. His life took on a more serious tone at that point; the militaristic volcano dragons made him one of their soldiers, and he adopted many of their cultural traits, including the view that theirs was a superior species (though whether or not he truly believes that is debatable). Nevertheless, he acts superior and habitually measures the value of others in their strength. He tends to keep a tight control over his emotions, making it rare to see him truly enraged or in any other extreme emotional state. However, he is terrified of water and cannot swim. The most common emotion he hides is his fear of battle.

Strengths: Kane's armor cannot be removed since it is comprised of modified scales, and even his regular scales offer strong protective capabilities. His element is a form of fire that also has control over heat, so he is immune to fire and heat-based attacks and can readily absorb a heat source for his own use. He stores the energy in his specialized scales for later use. When properly sharpened, his claws are as sharp as obsidian and can be used for both attacking and digging. His limbs are well-muscled and able to deliver harsh blows. The sky dragon wings he possesses are also powerful, capable of impressive aerial maneuvering, especially for a creature of his size and weight.

Weaknesses: While strong, Kane's legs are relatively short, so their reach is limited. His hybrid nature also comes with a price: He was born with a condition in his wing muscles that causes them damage when they are excessively strained. His irremovable armor makes flying even more of a chore. He must take caution to not to overexert himself in the air, or he can severely, and even permanently, damage his muscles. His main sources of heat energy are magma and sunlight, so being contained in an underground cell limits his firepower. His body can metabolize enough to keep him alive, but if he loses all his heat energy, he will die. This makes him especially vulnerable to ice magic. He sinks like a rock in water and tends to panic when submerged.

Other: (include how long they've been here) Long enough to know that taking human form or getting caught while digging an escape route nets a collar punishment. When using stored heat energy, it is conducted along Kane's body to the desired point of release, where it becomes fire upon contact with the air. Being captured separated him from his rider just when he was accustomed to fighting with her. How unfortunate :c
---
http://laurel-tree.deviantart.com/

As uncertain as things are, none of us can remain idle and watch our worst fears unfold before us.
Cynderluv8801 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3305
#263 Posted: 06:23:52 06/06/2013
Ooc: SORRY AGAIN!! I'm really busy this week!!
I barely have free time, busy all day, exhausted at night, I will try to be on next week!
---
~ Nami One-Trick ~
Waaksian Emerald Sparx Gems: 4906
#264 Posted: 14:03:56 07/06/2013
OOC: I understand if you're busy. Almost everyone on here is at the time, so no-one's missing out too much.

Pehcook took this moment, while his doppelganger was stunned, to charge. Unfortunately, the copy had the exact same idea. The two both slammed hard into each other(rather humorously), stumbling back dizzily. His head throbbing, Pehcook let it lay limp on a tree trunk, trying to shut out the apparent planetarium in his eyes. The doppelganger tripped on something in "his" daze and fell on "his" side, heaving deep, pained breaths.
#265 Posted: 14:12:37 07/06/2013
The copy of Heiwa swam underneath shard, noticing his struggles, and tried to match her own strokes with his, to make it blend.
---
#266 Posted: 21:45:50 07/06/2013
The copy of Sasha suddenly lurched forward, tackling Sasha head-on, sending them both into a circle of flailing claws. Sasha bit the copy hard in the tail, but the shadow raked its claws down Sasha's face, leaving a large gash. Sasha growled, and blindly snapped her jaws downward, hoping to land on a leg or wing of her opponent.
#267 Posted: 21:51:41 07/06/2013
ooc: Am I accepted?
---
SC
#268 Posted: 21:54:11 07/06/2013
ooc: GM hasn't posted yet. Wait patiently.
---
Procrastination: Hard work often pays of after time, but laziness always pays off now.
#269 Posted: 22:07:57 07/06/2013
As Darin's shadow flew towards him with its claws ready, he quickly flapped his wings and hovered in the air. He wasn't quite fast enough though, for their claws locked and sent both towards the ground. In a panic, both gryphons rapidly flapped their wings and managed to get back into the air. With their claws still locked, the two flew upwards just above the ground. They intensely stared at each other as they struggled to get their claws free from each other.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 22:10:07 07/06/2013 by redwes
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6632
#270 Posted: 22:13:44 07/06/2013
ooc: i don't know what to do anymore
---
Gay 4 GARcher
Wyrstel Emerald Sparx Gems: 4341
#271 Posted: 23:42:11 07/06/2013
OOC: I'm back I'll give this another try.

Name: Nightshade

Appearance: A giant of a stallion. His coat is as black as night. His mane and tail like living flames always aflame never dying out. His eyes are like a sunset, this stallion is a magnificent sight.

Where/When are they from?: NA (Revealed later in the story)

Personality: He is a wild and savage beast with only one desire: KILL. His true personality is hidden beneath this hard shell. Once cracked he is a whole different person.

Strengths: He is veteran of war and was bred for battle. He is surrounded by an aura of terror/fear. He can make his opponents not only see but relive their worst fears making them vulnerable and has power of the darkness/night as well as fire. The sounds of colosseum rouse him with excitement.

Weaknesses: Also his anger/rage can cause him to act rashly without thinking. His powers over darkness work only in his realm. His power over fire comes only from his form. His fire can also go completely out of control. (He is very protective of the other prisoners, will suffer whatever punishment or do whatever he has to to protect them.) Has not been discovered yet.

Other: No one knows where he came from or about his past. However his very figure makes people quiver. Been here for a very, very long time. Considered the most dangerous and terrifying of prisoners of the colosseum.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:55:08 07/06/2013 by Wyrstel
#272 Posted: 23:58:14 07/06/2013
Ooc: dragoncamo, my character told your character to get to the island while she faught your shadow, right now she is aiming a bite onto the shadow's neck, I can't control your shadow
---
#273 Posted: 00:01:41 08/06/2013
ooc: ah, thank you. I did not see that part DX

The copy flew up to avoid Heiwa. Blaze continued on for the island, stumbling a bit and almost falling into the water.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
#274 Posted: 00:02:08 08/06/2013
OOC: @Wyrstel
Just because the character is a stallion doesn't mean it doesn't have an age. Just saying.
#275 Posted: 00:08:34 08/06/2013
Heiwa quickly turned her head up to look at the pheonix shadow. She dived into the water. If I can just get enough speed while flying up using he water, I should get him she thought. She turned again in the water, to the surface, and she used her wings to gain momentum. As she reached the surface, she barrel rolled and gained extra speed after the shadow, again, aiming for the neck.
---
Dmcrocks Gold Sparx Gems: 2182
#276 Posted: 00:09:29 08/06/2013
Hey, Lem. I may join tomorrow. I just wanted to tell you that the basement in a Colosseum is called a Hypogeum. smilie I think I'll join in a bit.
---
if you're looking to get in contact with me, please go through http://petty-bourgeoisie.tumblr.com
#277 Posted: 00:14:00 08/06/2013
The copy attempted to move, but not fast enough. It's neck was safe but its body wasn't.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
#278 Posted: 06:46:49 08/06/2013
Heiwa chomped hard onto the body. Her main attempt wasn't to cruch her opponent with her jaws, but... She dived down into the water. To fight in the water. She wondered if the shadows had that sort of disadvantage, since the shadow isn't exactly "fire." she hoped this could work
---
#279 Posted: 12:49:12 08/06/2013
The copy screeched as Heiwas jaws clamped down on it. It was even more surprised when it figures that it was heading towards the water's surface.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
#280 Posted: 01:14:07 09/06/2013
With a large splash, Heiwa was in the water, but wondered if it was a big mistake. She could notice through the water that her shadow was lurking underneath shard, and if she wanted to, the copy could charge straight at Heiwa. Watching it a few seconds longer, Heiwa continued to be focused on the blaze shadow. The hybrid let go of the pheonix. even though it is a pheonix, it could possibly be ale to still fight in the water, I should see. Heiwa preferred to experiment tactics on enemies, she found that easier to find a weakness that way.
---
#281 Posted: 01:31:57 09/06/2013
The copy pushed itself away from Heiwa. It looked at Heiwa. Should it attack or should it go after the other version of it. It knew that water wasn't a very bad weakness, but would still weaken him. Bubbles burst from it's mouth. It blasted straight towards the surface to breathe.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
#282 Posted: 01:37:53 09/06/2013
Sasha's shadow quickly escaped the attack, and slashed at one of her wings. She started spiraling downward, but caught herself before she hit the sandy ground of the desert. Sasha spiraled upwards again, blind with fury of her copy's attack, and barreled into her shadow, sending them both towards the ground, grappling for a hold on an updraft.
#283 Posted: 01:48:38 09/06/2013
The two gryphons continued their struggle until the shadow managed to get its right claws free. It slashed at the far left side of Darin's face, with Darin not immediately noticing. 'I'll get you for that...,' Darin thought to himself. With his left claws now free, Darin clawed at the right side of the shadow's face, with it dodging its head in response. Meanwhile, they continued the struggle to get their other claws free.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:49:22 09/06/2013 by redwes
#284 Posted: 05:48:49 09/06/2013
ooc: *sigh* Whelp, moving on. I'm going to assume they don't have memories. So....without further ado....

Shard swam while Blaze and Hewia were being kept busy by the shadows. He panted. Shard didn't really like swimming frankly, but he possessed a good body to do it. he reached the end. The flag was in sight, but still a ways away. Shard left the water, and following him, his own shadow in a halfshift form. Shard darted away, then turned to face himself. The shadow lunged forward with an uppercut claw attack. Shard dodged under it and rammed his body weight into the legs of the shadow as it lunged. The shadow was effectively tripped and fell, smacking the ground pretty hard. Shard smiled. "Ha......no contest."
---
#285 Posted: 06:02:20 09/06/2013
heiwa swam after it, but not after the copy to attack it, at least, not in the water. let it take a breath, i won't take it this easy afterwards
---
#286 Posted: 12:14:47 09/06/2013
As the copy broke the water's surface, it began to struggle. Its wings were wet and would not provide it with flight. It thrashed about, attempting to swim to the island.
Blaze crashed into the soft sand. Short, shallow breathes came from him. He was worn iut but knew he had to go on. Unfortunally, he saw a butterfly. He did a mental snap and stood. He was smiling. The butterfly flew away as Blaze started to chase it.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
#287 Posted: 13:55:06 09/06/2013
now's my chance Heiwa thought, and clamped her jaws around the pheonix again. She decided to play a little, and flung the bird high into the air. That was when she noticed blaze land onto the island, then chase a butterfly. oh for the love of god. She breathed a jet of fire into the air, trying to get blaze's mind back on track. note to self, keep a cage of butterflies when battle against him.

Heiwa's shadow had swum behind shard, now took the chance, and leaped at him, claws extending at three times it's normal length. It was fully fluffed up, with her teeth barred, to make herself look twice as big and twice as intimidating.
---
#288 Posted: 14:54:36 09/06/2013
Shard whirled around at the sound and leapt back right behind his shadow. He looked over this new opponent and delivered a warning growl. Suddenly his own shadow grasped one of his paws and flung him into the air as he stood up. Shard expected that. He doesn't have my skills. Shard thought as he was thrown into the air. He began to come down, twisting his body so that he whirled like a tornado downward. He wondered how Heiwa's shadow will respond.
---
#289 Posted: 15:37:06 09/06/2013
The copy let out a painful screech. It hastly bagan to flap it's wings while it was thrown in the air. Success, the wings were dry enough to allow it to fly. It flew up over Heiwa, and dived at full speed towards her, beak opened, fire forming.
Blaze continued to happily chase the butterfly until he saw the fire. He cocked his head and gave a quizzical look until he remembered what he had to do. He shook ad head and focused on finding the flag, attempting to ignore the small creatures.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
First | Previous | Page 6 of 6
1 2 3 4 5 6

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me