Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > The Colosseum (all races welcome, still accepting)
First | Previous | Page 5 of 6 | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6
The Colosseum (all races welcome, still accepting) [CLOSED]
SolemnWhisper Yellow Sparx Gems: 1054
#201 Posted: 21:25:28 02/06/2013 | Topic Creator
OOC: I know that torok, I'm trying to make a running gag that none of the guards can pronounce his name right ;P

Cheering from the crowds came to a roar, and Captain Xaviers voice could be heard soon after. He stood where the four towering walls of the quads met, beaming at the crowd.

"Hello, and welcome to the Colosseum!"

The crowd screamed louder.

"Today is Quadrant Day, where we make good use of the large battlefield of the Colosseum and separate it into different regions. Our first match is called Four Worlds. Three of our fighters are each assigned to a team. They will search for a flag of their team color, facing off against clones of themselves!"

A few loud whistlers stood out from the cheering. A few people were even making a racket on plastic horns.

"Should any of the teams try to leave their quadrants, disband, or be the last to reach their flag, they will be disqualified and not move on to the next round!"

A blaring horn sounded, signalling the beginning of the match.

"May the best team win!"

Dallas grinned darkly and pounced through the blue barrier toward the burned lands before them. As she jumped through, her shadow seemed to peel away from her body, then snake off into the distance. If one squinted hard enough, they could see the shadow stretching and changing as it morphed into a pure black copy of the hyena. Dallas stared slack jawed at her doppleganger, then back at her team, restlessly awaiting them to join her.

"YEAAAAAAAH!" shouted Erebus, stomping into the sandy desert. His shadow too peeled away from him, but was taking much longer to morph into his copy as he was larger than Dallas. "C'mon team, lets go get that FLAAAAAAAAAG!"
ReshiramForever Platinum Sparx Gems: 5142
#202 Posted: 21:37:30 02/06/2013
Laneleh drifted calmy through the barrier, twitching slightly as she passed through.
Volcanoes, she thought. Fire. Fire doesn't hurt me much. Little access to water or ice here, good or bad? Brute force, or something else?
"Gah." she forced out angrily, looking back.
Will she whisper all this crap that I do? Why have I only just realised how twisted that is? And do the dopplegangers have access to abilities that the true forms don't have in this stupid place?
---
self professed austGAYlian
Cynder09 Diamond Sparx Gems: 9866
#203 Posted: 21:53:17 02/06/2013
"See you later, Shard, it's show time." Nadia said farewell to her friend for the time being. Then she jumped through the portal after the others. "Alright, let's do this! I'm ready for action, and I sure as heck ain't coming in last place. So either keep up or get out of the way." Nadia chuckled, being nothing but confident. "Ain't no use in trying to slow me down, 'cause you're running with the fastest girl in town." Nadia sang a lyric from a song she heard before being caught, as she deemed it appropriate for the situation. She let out a mighty roar and then took off, not really even caring if her teammates followed. In fact, she didn't seem to care about anything or have any kind of worries.
---
I live my life inside a dream, only waking when I sleep.
Yeah, I've been living in the state of dreaming, living in a make-believe land.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:58:03 02/06/2013 by Cynder09
Stealthelfrocks Yellow Sparx Gems: 1235
#204 Posted: 22:10:26 02/06/2013
"actually that depends, everyone has there use" Heiwa said to laze, then the horn blared. "lets get this party started!" she shouted, and ran through the barrier, and saw her shadow peeled out of her body, like the rest of the folks. Her first reaction was to flap her wings and fly above the water. She waited for the rest of her team, blaze and shard. I hope shard can swim
---
well guys..... took me a while.... but i might still hang around.... dont know..... but.... I loved the moment while it lasted smilie
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6632
#205 Posted: 22:29:03 02/06/2013
Blaze reluctantly stepped to barrier. He jumped in and watched as his shadow peeled away. He looked quizzically at it. He lifted his wings and flew up about the water.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
miniquiny999 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4229
#206 Posted: 22:57:02 02/06/2013
"Hmmph. I'm gonna socialize, join if you're up t' it" Shadow walked to the bars of her cell and looked around. She selected a gray pony. "Hello?" she asked, "Equestrian over there?"
---
im not dead but only in theory since i never use this heckin site anymore. send me a pm if you want i'll try to get back to ya this century
HotDogAndZap Emerald Sparx Gems: 3531
#207 Posted: 23:42:28 02/06/2013
Sasha didn't hesitate to follow Erebus onto the desert terrain. I like his attitude, it's... Inspiring. She thought. She watched her shadow peel away, and looked at it quizzically. Fascinating...
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8605
#208 Posted: 23:53:04 02/06/2013
'...and the games begin.,' Darin thought as he jumped onto the desert landscape. As he watched his shadow start to form in mid-air, he began to formulate a plan. "Erebus' shadow is strictly ground based, so swiftness should prevail. Our shadows are both capable of flight and probably ought to be grounded. Erebus here could probably hold his ground against them while we search for the flag. We have to stick together, so we probably ought to get our shadows near together. We both know ourselves best and we both know how to take ourselves down.," Darin said to his fellow teammates. He then realised that the Minotaur already had a short and sweet plan. "If we spot the flag, we should go for it!," he concluded.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 00:06:42 03/06/2013 by redwes
#209 Posted: 00:00:23 03/06/2013
OOC: Wow, I just realized that Sasha hasn't even spoken out loud yet... smilie I should get on that soon.

Sasha looked around the terrain, for any possible sign of a flag, or even an advantage point. Once one of her teammates started talking, she diverted her attention to him. We need to start paying attention to each other now, because that could save our lives at some point. She thought as she listened to Darin explain his strategy, and starting running the possible trade offs of following that plan.
Waaksian Emerald Sparx Gems: 4906
#210 Posted: 01:30:24 03/06/2013
Pehcook's ears perked at the voice of the leader. He then slapped his palm to his face in exasperation. "GAH! Clones! That's what they meant-- I'm such an idiot," he rambled to himself; his mental processing was rather slow. But at least he knew that he was a bit dull, so... did that make him smart in a way?
The Chorihzian gave a startled jump when the horn sounded out. Without thinking, he pushed through the shining barrier and stomped into the moist rainforest soil of his team's quadrant. But what really made his skin creep was the sight of his very shadow sliding off his feet and slithering into the underbrush, taking on his likeness. Pehcook may not have been considered "intelligent life" to other beings, but he knew that what he just witnessed wasn't scientifically possible.
His mindless running and distraction only led the extraterrestrial to trip over something and fall flat on his face, his snout slipping through the ground like butter due to the force. Groaning in discomfort(in more ways than physical), he pulled his head out of the ground to see that the "something" was... absolutely nothing. He tripped over his own feet. Undoubtedly, the entire Colosseum saw his klutzy blunder.

OOC: *raises sign saying "HA HA HA" in front of spectators*
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:08:15 03/06/2013 by Waaksian
Cynderluv8801 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3305
#211 Posted: 02:06:58 03/06/2013
Carissa flew through the barrier. She watched her shadow stumble, not used to the eyesight. Carissa laughed slightly as she flapped her wings gently over the ground.
---
~ Nami One-Trick ~
SpyroD Emerald Sparx Gems: 4926
#212 Posted: 03:00:45 03/06/2013
OOC: maybe second character not bad idea.

Name: Druton(D-rue-tun)
Appearance: an average size human boy with a dark robe with a dark green lining. Short wild black hair, and a brown set of old army boots. Red eyes, and there seem to be two holes of the same size on the back of the robe. Usually has the hood on over his head to hide himself.
where he from: A distant life sustaining planet known as Omega 2(its part of a story in writing, rather interesting one too)
Weakness: his human form.
Strength: dragon form: fire, claws, strength, and electricity(like in the tv show Avatar(last air bender) the electricity is a form of fire)
Other: he can summon dragon abilities in human form, but are less useful unless in full dragon state... Plus no one knows if he is truly nude under the robe...( X) )

(woops, posted a little early)

Ash turned slowly to look at a guard but turned away out of fear from the collar, "Why... Why me?" he whispered to himself though he asks everytime he returns, though it could be a question for many things in his life.
---
"How will you feel when you're left behind? Everyone leaves, it's just a matter of time." 12115-PrinceW.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:10:38 03/06/2013 by SpyroD
Dragon-outcast Emerald Sparx Gems: 4191
#213 Posted: 04:00:11 03/06/2013
Shard laughed as he walked back to his team. Even in their current state, their current situation. Stranded, locked in cages, and without contact with her family, she can still somehow enjoy this. She looked on fire—more excited almost than he'd seen. Perhaps it was because of the peace that had been going around for so long, she can now slake her bloodlust. Shard blinked. Now he felt on fire. I see......Nadia, I hope we don't face each other. And I pray you don't meet an opponent you are careless on. He thought then bounded into the portal. Ehrm. Now to focus. A carbon-copy eh? Hmmm, let's see how realistic it is. After all, my strength does not lie in my raw stats.
---
*insert edgy saying about the meaning of life*
Procrastination: Hard work often pays of after time, but laziness always pays off now.
Meta Knight Green Sparx Gems: 359
#214 Posted: 07:15:11 03/06/2013
Mimini had been sitting in her cell the entire time, thinking about if she would ever get out. How would she? Would she be helped? If so by whom? What would she do when she got home? These question kept making her wonder, she then looked out of her cell and around. She sighed as she looked across the basement to the otherside of cells. Mimini then looked for any guards near her.
#215 Posted: 08:39:55 03/06/2013
"Me? Lag behind?" Laneleh chuckled, in spite of her gnawing worries. She followed Nadia, her body below her chest fraying and trailing. (in a Danny Phantom-esque way). "The limitations of true flesh and blood are behind me, forever." Vaguely, she wondered if Dallas would keep up. She wasn't quite sure about that nightmare-hyena yet. Or of the false-spectre lurking.
Deal with it yourself, she told herself mentally. Maybe I can defeat myself again. But how powerful is this ghost?
---
#216 Posted: 09:23:46 03/06/2013
"Hey are you coming or not," heiwa asked shard through the barrier. this whole thing started, we better hurry
---
well guys..... took me a while.... but i might still hang around.... dont know..... but.... I loved the moment while it lasted smilie
#217 Posted: 10:05:21 03/06/2013
Nadia kept on running, only pausing briefly to check her surroundings before moving on. She wasn't too concerned with finding the flag right away. She wanted to find her double and battle the copy. If she missed the opportunity to fight herself, then she'd be very disappointed. Now was her chance to potentially fight a worthy opponent, and she wasn't going to pass up on it. And if she had time, she figured she could take out the other doubles as well. Nadia figured that it shouldn't be too hard. In her mind, there was no way the others could compete with her skills.
---
#218 Posted: 14:32:01 03/06/2013
Shard nodded swiftly and leapt into the portal without another word. Hmm....they don't look that strong. Then again....they shouldn't be underestimated either. But nothing I can't take on! He thought, getting ready to shift into halfling form.
---
Procrastination: Hard work often pays of after time, but laziness always pays off now.
#219 Posted: 16:42:23 03/06/2013
"Did... Did i hurt you?" he asked slowly, "In the robe... Did I hurt you?" Ash asked again Turing more toward Mimini.
---
"How will you feel when you're left behind? Everyone leaves, it's just a matter of time." 12115-PrinceW.
#220 Posted: 16:59:34 03/06/2013 | Topic Creator
OOC: Accepted

A few guards still lingered in the basement, but about half of them had gone up to watch the battles.

-

A few of the crowd members who had noticed Pehcooks clumsy move snickered, but it was barely audible compared to the screams of delight.

-

Dallas was easily keeping up to Nadia and Laneleh, grinning as she let her hunting instincts flow through her. We will be the first to get that flag! she thought with excitement.

-

Erebus grinned, happy to know that one of his team members was a stratigest. "Alright, we'll keep our eyes peeled for that FLAAAAG!"

Erebus' shadow had now taken full form, and was slowly moving toward the group. Ererbus raised an eyebrow and stood his ground, a puff flaring from his nostrils.
#221 Posted: 17:36:04 03/06/2013
OOC: I added more to Pehcook's personality and strengths/weaknesses to make them more descriptive.

Nice first impression...
Forcing himself to his feet, Pehcook tried to look nonchalant, like nothing happened. However, his face betrayed him; the bright green color of his skin and his eggplant purple blood combined to create a blush of a rather humorous indigo shade. Trying not to dwell on his "miscalculation", he made quick glances at Carissa overhead and at Do'Giarah, who was yet to enter the quadrant.
He noticed that his shadow wasn't in sight; he shivered at the thought of having to fight himself... in a sense. How was that possible, if they both would know what moves to use and what weaknesses to exploit? Shaking his head, he started his search with a quick trot, observing the foliage for any sign of his team's flag.
#222 Posted: 18:08:27 03/06/2013
ooc: Just a quick question, Solemn. Are you controlling the carbon copies, or are we allowed to control them? I just thought I'd ask, rather than just assuming that I could or something.
---
#223 Posted: 20:54:03 03/06/2013 | Topic Creator
OOC: Whoops, I forgot to say that. Yes, you are controlling your own copies.
#224 Posted: 20:58:48 03/06/2013
ooc: lol this is gonna be fun :3

Blaze noticed all of his team members through the barrier.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
#225 Posted: 21:33:44 03/06/2013
"okay guys, let's get to the island first, see what's up there," Heiwa suggested. before my copy gets us out here, very bad. She flew down to shard, "how fast is your swimming?" she asked. Blaze and herself can just fly quickly, but she was worried about shard.

Heiwa's copy, once it took full form, leaped into the water. It's colour made it blend well with the water, and would be hard to find her anytime soon.
---
#226 Posted: 21:42:41 03/06/2013
ooc: Awesome. x3

Nadia hurried along, but then came to a stop. She sniffed the air, and stayed quiet. A familiar scent filled her nose. She grinned. This is where the fun begins. Then all of a sudden, a dark figure leaped out at her from behind some volcanic rock. The shadowy figure pounced on her, and they started to tumble, each one trying to pin the other. The figure had then succeeded in pinning Nadia. She grinned as she looked up at her opponent. Nadia knew that her carbon copy would be fun to fight. She then kicked her double off, nearly causing her to fall into a pool of lava. Nadia then jumped up, and the two circled each other.
"Alright, let's see how good you really are." Nadia chuckled. Then they each growled as they charged at each other.
---
#227 Posted: 21:57:49 03/06/2013
ooc: wait, are we starting for the flag >___>
---
Gay 4 GARcher
#228 Posted: 22:11:29 03/06/2013
Ooc: yes
---
#229 Posted: 22:17:07 03/06/2013
Blaze hovered over the water looking over at Shard and Heiwa. He was wondering what the hold up was, but didn't interrupt. He noticed the copies grouping together.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8605
#230 Posted: 23:04:01 03/06/2013
Quote: SolemnWhisper
Erebus grinned, happy to know that one of his team members was a stratigest. "Alright, we'll keep our eyes peeled for that FLAAAAG!"
Erebus' shadow had now taken full form, and was slowly moving toward the group. Ererbus raised an eyebrow and stood his ground, a puff flaring from his nostrils.

Darin's shadow, now fully formed, began to circle them high in the air. He watched it, suspecting what it was doing. "It's planning something, probably judging us and picking its target.," he warned to the others. He sometimes used similar strategies while hunting, after all. He then changed his attention towards the incoming shadow, prepared to doge if necessary.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:10:34 03/06/2013 by redwes
#231 Posted: 23:13:53 03/06/2013
Heiwa's shadow sometimes reached the surface for some quick breath, before quickly retreating back underwater.

Heiwa began to get worried, but didn't keep her guard down. If the shadow gets her claws on anyone, it could become a fight underwater, and it could get nasty
---
slambam104 Gold Sparx Gems: 2464
#232 Posted: 00:44:49 04/06/2013
OOC Sorry that I haven't posted in a while, can someone tell what has happened?
#233 Posted: 00:51:32 04/06/2013
OOC: I would recommend just reading the pages you missed. It's kind of like a book, since the users here tend to use long, detailed paragraphs.
#234 Posted: 00:54:52 04/06/2013
Jack banged his cell bars "YOU CAN"T KEEP ME HERE"Jack roared.
#235 Posted: 04:09:04 04/06/2013
OOC: Druton does not have a cell yet.

Druton was brought in a little after the flag hunt started above, and was held by a few lines attached to his collar, but he seemed very calm for such a you g looking human.

Ash noticed the new Conner, but awaited his cellmates reply.
---
#236 Posted: 05:13:43 04/06/2013
ooc: Question, does the carbon-copies hold the same memories and muscle-memories as the original?

Shard saw his opponent, already in halfling form. Bad move.... He noticed the hybrid shadow going underwater. Shard made sure to take note of that. He waited, not ready to shift into his halfling form. His wolf senses were at their peak. Shard blinked, knowing he could detect anything from the slightest ripple in the ground to the change in air pressure. His mind spun, formulating his strategy as well as how to end this as quickly as possible.
---
Meta Knight Green Sparx Gems: 359
#237 Posted: 06:27:45 04/06/2013
Mimini looked to Ash,"Oh no you haven't!" She said worring if he had felt she was hurt. She then looked back out and around the basement. To her it looked very dull with simply cells, Mimini's eyes glared across the basement floor at the other cells trying to see anything 'interesting'. She then wauted for the basement to act, if anyone were to.
#238 Posted: 06:39:28 04/06/2013
Ooc: d-o incase you haven't noticed, my character talked to you
---
#239 Posted: 11:43:15 04/06/2013
Laneleh watched, lowering herself down the the volcanic ground below. Her body wavered as the volcanic winds whipped around her weaker bodymass.

'You've been wrong since the beginning.'

A cold hiss filled her ears, and her ears alone.

'He never really cared about you. He was afraid, so afraid, of how you would react...'

Laneleh growled, fighting to ignore the voice. The false-spectre was nowhere in sight, but it had to be close-by, to wait for the attack.

'He was afraid... That if he broke your heart, he would be burned, mutilated... An unlovable, desperate creature then, an unlovable, empty wretch now...'

"Shut up." she gritted her teeth, looking around almost frantically. Is she right? Is her own conscience right about everything?

'He tried to kill you. End you once and for all. Trust me, Hellena, whatever you call yourself now. Trust me, you are long overdue.'
---
#240 Posted: 12:59:06 04/06/2013
"I-if I do... Just k ow, it's not me..." his teeth tightened at the end, "I don't want to fight... I don't want to fight anyone... I'm afraid that... I'll be the one coming back." he turned to face the corner in silence.
---
#241 Posted: 14:32:39 04/06/2013
ooc: Sorry. Didn't catch it.

Shard glanced at Heiwa. "....Don't worry about me. Get the flag. You and the other dragon have a better chance than me anyway. I'll keep the shadows busy." He stared at her with a piercing glare. Shard was serious.
---
#242 Posted: 14:54:21 04/06/2013
Sasha stayed with her group, and watched her carbon-copy take form. It turned, and started to work it's way towards the group. Sasha growled, and took a step forward, itching for a fight.
#243 Posted: 19:16:06 04/06/2013
Nadia and her clone clashed and attacked each other with a series of bites and claw slashes. They continued their little battle for a few moments. Then Nadia decided to change it up a bit. She slashed at her double's eyes, and then jumped back a bit.
"Let's kick things up a notch." She grinned. Then Nadia let out a thunderous roar and shifted to her halfling form. She was surprised when the tiger actually let her have control. Perhaps it was making up for the loss of access to her human form, or perhaps it had sensed a big threat. Whatever the reason, Nadia certainly wasn't going to complain. She had control. At least for the moment anyway. "Your turn." She smirked. Then Nadia saw her copy shift to her halfling form as well. "Awesome. But you'll never be as good as the original." Nadia chuckled. Then they each growled and charged at each other again.
---
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8630
#244 Posted: 19:25:12 04/06/2013
ooc: May I join? Also are dragons aloud?
---
SC
#245 Posted: 20:18:40 04/06/2013
OOC: I don't want to seem pushy, but the users playing as my teammates tend to be less active than most of us, so I'm having a hard time finding something to post. Any suggestions? I don't like playing games myself.
#246 Posted: 21:02:43 04/06/2013
Jack sat down and grumbled something.
#247 Posted: 22:23:32 04/06/2013
"all right," Heiwa said, who didn't seem to notice the glare. "blaze, get to the island as fast as possible" she told them, and began flying up ahead.

Her own shadow was still in the water, having her eyes on shard, but as soon as Heiwa began flying to the island, her shadow began following her.
---
#248 Posted: 23:04:54 04/06/2013
Blaze nodded an shot toward the island. The wind rushed through his feathers that were long ago burnt out. He noticed his shadow on the water's surface....but it wasn't a shadow. The shadow started coming closer until Blaze knew it was the copy. He flew higher above the water, away from the copy. It followed him.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
#249 Posted: 00:59:04 05/06/2013
Shard growled, diving into the water in wolf form. He made as much turbulence as he could to draw all shadows attention on him. His copy dove into the water also, making a grab for him. Shard darted away.
---
#250 Posted: 01:11:01 05/06/2013
Blaze screeched at it's beak latched onto his leg. He attempted to shake the copy off, all the while flying upwards. Fire blasted from his beak at the copy and hit onto it's head. It let go and plummeted to the water.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
First | Previous | Page 5 of 6 | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me