darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > A question about the Platinum Treasure chest
Page 1 of 1
A question about the Platinum Treasure chest [CLOSED]
ItalianGamer97 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1378
#1 Posted: 01:22:51 19/05/2013 | Topic Creator
Does the Platinum Treasure chest from the Skylanders Battlegrounds starter kit has a different in-game icon in Skylanders Giants compared to the Hidden Treasure item that came with the Pirate Seas adventure pack? I just want to know before I buy it loose from Amazon/eBay. (loose since I already have smilie and smilie from the PS3 Giants starter pack and I don't really care for either smilie or smilie, so yeah.)
---
And to prevent confusion, I am in the U.S. and I am part Italian.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:49:50 19/05/2013 by ItalianGamer97
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#2 Posted: 02:20:32 19/05/2013
It shows up as the normal treasure in the console versions, all though the card is unique. Maybe they will do something with it is swap force.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#3 Posted: 08:32:24 19/05/2013
Outside of the iOS games, it's just a nongame variant. It's evident that there is unique coding in it, since it works completely differently on the iOS games. Perhaps they could not put it into Giants fast enough and will add it in a future game, but my hopes are not high.
DraculauraXXX Blue Sparx Gems: 654
#4 Posted: 03:52:32 20/05/2013
^This is actually the first time I heard anyone say there is unique coding in the Platinum Treasure.
I actually read countless posts of people saying that its the same even in the IOS games.
How exactly is it different? I never played the IOS games.
(Not that i don't believe you, your posts are some of the most thought out and informative on these forms IMO)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:53:45 20/05/2013 by DraculauraXXX
Terreneflame Blue Sparx Gems: 943
#5 Posted: 06:29:17 20/05/2013
Of course it is different in Battlegrounds- thats its entire thing- only the platinum chest works on battlegrounds to give you the gem bonus's- which means there much be something different in it than the normal chest. As far as i've seen the other ios games don't see it any differently either..
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#6 Posted: 12:47:36 20/05/2013
Quote: DraculauraXXX
^This is actually the first time I heard anyone say there is unique coding in the Platinum Treasure.
I actually read countless posts of people saying that its the same even in the IOS games.
(Not that i don't believe you, your posts are some of the most thought out and informative on these forms IMO)

Oops. You're right. I actually tested it by putting in the normal one first and it worked but it was so long ago that I forgot! smilie
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#7 Posted: 19:53:51 20/05/2013
Here's the question: Do the games identify it as the "Platinum Treasure Chest"? If the game is able to recognize it as different, then there's at least some recognition of difference. I have the regular, not the Platinum, so I can't check myself.

Like the Dragonfire Cannon and the Golden Dragonfire Cannon. The game labels the Golden one as Golden, and even shows it as Golden, it looks like the figure. So there's some different coding, or rather they have separate item ID numbers coded in the RFID chip.

All other coding is in the games anyway. Other than looks, the Cannons work the same, and I suspect do the same damage.

I'm sure it's the same with the Treasure Chests, that they're functionally the same. I wonder if their icon (or the chests you find) look different. smilie I would guess they give the same money, though.

Hence this entire thread, of course. smilie
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:54:53 20/05/2013 by niceguy1
#8 Posted: 21:19:03 20/05/2013
Having just checked- the normal treasure chest does read the same as the platinum chest- so the platinum chest is just the original one painted silver smilie
What an utter waste
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#9 Posted: 01:59:04 21/05/2013
Quote: Terreneflame
Having just checked- the normal treasure chest does read the same as the platinum chest- so the platinum chest is jus t the original one painted silver smilie
What an utter waste

Yeah, this will literally be the last "variant" I collect, and reasoning is fighting my anal retentiveness as to WHY I need to bother. If they can't take the time to at least code it in game differently, they really are making it easy for me to want to skip it.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
DraculauraXXX Blue Sparx Gems: 654
#10 Posted: 02:25:37 21/05/2013
Quote: GamingMaster_76
Quote: DraculauraXXX

Oops. You're right. I actually tested it by putting in the normal one first and it worked but it was so long ago that I forgot! smilie

lol no worrys.

Quote: niceguy1
Here's the question: Do the games identify it as the "Platinum Treasure Chest"? If the game is able to recognize it as different, then there's at least some recognition of difference. I have the regular, not the Platinum, so I can't check myself.

Like the Dragonfire Cannon and the Golden Dragonfire Cannon. The game labels the Golden one as Golden, and even shows it as Golden, it looks like the figure. So there's some different coding, or rather they have separate item ID numbers coded in the RFID chip.

All other coding is in the games anyway. Other than looks, the Cannons work the same, and I suspect do the same damage.

I'm sure it's the same with the Treasure Chests, that they're functionally the same. I wonder if their icon (or the chests you find) look different. smilie I would guess they give the same money, though.

Hence this entire thread, of course. smilie

actually there is absolutely zero difference in game between the two. no special tag or anything. (a least its that way on my 360)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:27:00 21/05/2013 by DraculauraXXX
Graz73 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3215
#11 Posted: 15:15:00 21/05/2013
Wait... so if I had the iOS portal, I could use my old SSA treasure chest and get the same gem bonus as the one with the platinum chest?
---
For Trade: EyeSmall, Punch Pop Fizz, Lava Barf Eruptor(black): PM to deal!
#12 Posted: 16:18:12 21/05/2013
Quote: Graz73
Wait... so if I had the iOS portal, I could use my old SSA treasure chest and get the same gem bonus as the one with the platinum chest?

Yep- sadly for those of us who bought the bloomin set you could- i checked it last night..
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me