Page 1 of 1
Series 2 Lightcore Hex Preview [CLOSED]
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#1 Posted: 21:17:10 18/05/2013 | Topic Creator
If you've been trolling Activision's Facebook page, you've probably already seen it. What's your opinion? Kinda looks like that time of month...

---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#2 Posted: 21:25:58 18/05/2013
I just realised that its meant to be a glowing effect for her floating! Oh the injustice...and Unfortunate Implications and Un Entendre! smilie

Also, they put her using the Wow Pow in the video- that's just kind of sad.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:29:05 18/05/2013 by GamingMaster_76
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6081
#3 Posted: 21:58:38 18/05/2013
I don't much care for LCs, but I think I might get this one for that unfortunate effect appearence. I may even nickname her something fitting.... Maybe "Aunt Flo" smilie
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#4 Posted: 23:30:06 18/05/2013
THE ARTWORK

IT'S KILLING ME

I'VE NEVER SEEN SOMETHING SO BAD IN MY LIFE.

I'll be sticking to my wonderful S2 Hex thank you very much.
Nelomet Emerald Sparx Gems: 3069
#5 Posted: 23:52:47 18/05/2013
It could've been the skulls she throws, maybe her eyes! I'm wondering what they were thinking...
---
Fear not the dark, my friend, and let the feast begin.
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#6 Posted: 20:53:42 19/05/2013
In her S1 pose, the figure is holding a crystal-looking skull out, I would have made THAT glow. Okay, S2 all have different poses than their S1 counterparts, and I don't know Hex's S2 pose, but they could have made sure to still have her holding a skull...

In game, it seems weird. In the figure, in the pictures I've seen, it looks kinda cool to me to have a red glow, and I love red. Of course, after reading this thread I will never NOT think of the Aunt Flo aspect ever again, LOL!
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
#7 Posted: 22:09:51 19/05/2013
The S2 pose has her holding a translucent blue ball with a skull in it over her head with both hands. Two more skulls in similar energy balls are orbiting around her lower half.

IMO, the S2 pose would've been better for the LC and to have the 3 skulls, or at least the one held above her head, glow a white or light blue.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#8 Posted: 23:33:14 19/05/2013 | Topic Creator
Considering other Lightcore characters have a glow about them, I personally would've preferred a glow just to the skulls...simulating the character on the portal is simply breathtaking--for all of the WRONG reasons.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#9 Posted: 23:47:55 19/05/2013
if i ever get her, i'll only play her once a month.

if you know what i mean
#10 Posted: 00:58:57 20/05/2013
Quote: ZapNorris

if you know what i mean

huehuehuehuehue

now kids, it's time to have the birds and bees talk....
spyro and sonic Diamond Sparx Gems: 8325
#11 Posted: 01:42:51 20/05/2013

if you know what i mean

omfg Zap.
#12 Posted: 02:04:51 20/05/2013
I'm going to toss a guess that they didn't make her skulls glow because her arms are THIN. Same issue with Chill's Javelin. Can't believe you guys didn't realize this. smilie
#13 Posted: 02:22:19 20/05/2013
Quote: GamingMaster_76
I'm going to toss a guess that they didn't make her skulls glow because her arms are THIN. Same issue with Chill's Javelin. Can't believe you guys didn't realize this. smilie

This is part of the reason I said the S2 pose would've been better for the LC. They could've tried to run a wire at half normal power through each arm to the skull above her head, or just had the skulls orbiting her glow.
---
WickedRogue Gold Sparx Gems: 2725
#14 Posted: 03:46:01 20/05/2013
Quote: Seiki
The S2 pose has her holding a translucent blue ball with a skull in it over her head with both hands. Two more skulls in similar energy balls are orbiting around her lower half.

IMO, the S2 pose would've been better for the LC and to have the 3 skulls, or at least the one held above her head, glow a white or light blue.

Her Series 2 pose isn't quite that random, it's her casting Rain of Skulls.
---
Elite Skystones Set Complete.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#15 Posted: 18:49:11 20/05/2013
I was thinking...

Maybe her Skull Base could glow, so after you've played her, the base will glow in the dark?
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#16 Posted: 20:51:25 20/05/2013
Well, all Undead bases ALREADY glow in the dark, so that doesn't sound very special, LOL!
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2951
#17 Posted: 21:06:27 20/05/2013
^ yea i noticed that all the undead bases glow in the dark a couple of days ago too
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#18 Posted: 23:06:42 20/05/2013
Yeah, but instead of sitting under a light for a few minutes, you could pop her on the Portal, the Skull will light up, and when you're done, the Skull still glows after you play her.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#19 Posted: 05:55:33 21/05/2013
While Eruptor was the lamest Lightcore, Hex's is just puzzling. They honestly had no idea what to do with an undead figure. They should've just made a new undead character and aborted ShroomBoom.

Quote: Seiki
I don't much care for LCs, but I think I might get this one for that unfortunate effect appearence. I may even nickname her something fitting.... Maybe "Aunt Flo" smilie

Done.
Hexblazer Blue Sparx Gems: 895
#20 Posted: 06:04:16 21/05/2013
I find Lightcore Eruptor better than Lightcore Drobot.
#21 Posted: 11:19:48 21/05/2013
I think that Hot Head has the worst LightCore, Eruptor is next worst, and Drobot is my favourite- I hate how so many LightCore effects are gaudy and love how his is subtle instead
#22 Posted: 11:45:15 21/05/2013
I think that Hot Head has the worst LightCore, Eruptor is next worst, and Drobot is my favourite- I hate how so many LightCore effects are gaudy and love how his is subtle instead

I agree.
Although lights on the eyes would have been cool.

Prism Break's is also pretty cool.
#23 Posted: 15:53:27 21/05/2013 | Topic Creator
Just another epic fail data point on the lightcore model. Tech is cool, but either their limitations (tech, creative or international/legal) is keeping its vision to be fully realized. I say if they can't do better than this I say just drop it for SF.

I hope the figure looks good, but in game it looks silly.

Kinda ironic that a bunch of skylander fanboys can think of a million better ideas than their implemented vision.
---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 15:57:04 21/05/2013 by GhostRoaster
Hexblazer Blue Sparx Gems: 895
#24 Posted: 16:57:31 21/05/2013

But at least you can see Hothead light up in all different angles while Lightcore Drobot you can't really see it in some angles. The best way to really see his light up is on the top side.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:03:49 21/05/2013 by Hexblazer
#25 Posted: 00:34:42 22/05/2013
Quote: Matteomax
Yeah, but instead of sitting under a light for a few minutes, you could pop her on the Portal, the Skull will light up, and when you're done, the Skull still glows after you play her.

Ah. Well, this is how GITD has worked ever since the concept was introduced, must be something like 30 years ago, maybe more. That's just the way the "technology" works, that anything Glow In The Dark has to absorb the light first. It might even be some sort of slowed reflection going on, I don't know the specifics of how it works.

I estimate that what YOU'RE talking about, though cooler and simpler, is not technologically possible.
---
Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2951
#26 Posted: 01:23:58 22/05/2013
^ i think he means that instead of the bases just absorbing the light and then glowing, he means that when one the portal it would light up bright like the lightcores and when you take it off it the light slowly goes away.....very slowly like after 5 minutes it would be out
#27 Posted: 02:27:56 22/05/2013 | Topic Creator
^Sounds reasonable to me...problem is probably that the LEDs don't generate enough light for that to happen...I guess we could always find a little plutonium...
---
#28 Posted: 04:57:16 22/05/2013
Quote: Ninpire
^ yea i noticed that all the undead bases glow in the dark a couple of days ago too

If you have Stealth Elf, her eyes and daggers do, too. At least S1. I have Legendary Stealth Elf and I think her eyes still do, not sure about eyes or blades of regular S2, though.

^ i think he means that instead of the bases just absorbing the light and then glowing, he means that when one the portal it would light up bright like the lightcores and when you take it off it the light slowly goes away.....very slowly like after 5 minutes it would be out

Quote: GhostRoaster
^Sounds reasonable to me...problem is probably that the LEDs don't generate enough light for that to happen...I guess we could always find a little plutonium...

Again, limited by technology. If they had their own power, that would be one thing, but they're powered externally. They report that the lightcores/Giants take their power from the portal. It's a low level radiation thing, power flows quite slowly and low level under these wireless conditions. It's pretty much stretching the limits to light the lights, it's too much to ask that the figures absorb enough power to retain it a little while after disconnect. smilie

And yes, I understood what Matteo was asking for.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:02:10 22/05/2013 by niceguy1
#29 Posted: 12:04:27 22/05/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: niceguy1

Again, limited by technology. If they had their own power, that would be one thing, but they're powered externally. They report that the lightcores/Giants take their power from the portal. It's a low level radiation thing, power flows quite slowly and low level under these wireless conditions. It's pretty much stretching the limits to light the lights, it's too much to ask that the figures absorb enough power to retain it a little while after disconnect. smilie

And yes, I understood what Matteo was asking for.

Not sure why you have to re-iterate my iteration of your iteration...are you suggesting I'm countering your argument? I wasn't. And wasn't suggesting you didn't understand...
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 12:06:36 22/05/2013 by GhostRoaster
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#30 Posted: 13:53:41 22/05/2013
@niceguy: she does , i can tell cuz i have her
and i noticed diffrences in glowing effacts too
my first s1 smilie had very weak light, even wen i put it under a lamp
my secondsmilie had brighter light and didn't need a lamp to shine strong
:lse: does NOT HAVE THE LIGHT GO CHEK IT NOW
s2: does have it but mine is not strong, at leest i customized it so i dont care
s3smilie wont have the gtid thing with is sad.....
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#31 Posted: 20:23:02 22/05/2013
Its that time of the month Skylander BOOM :3
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
#32 Posted: 23:27:22 22/05/2013
Not sure why you have to re-iterate my iteration of your iteration...are you suggesting I'm countering your argument? I wasn't. And wasn't suggesting you didn't understand...

Sometimes I like to quote who I'm responding to, or what topic I'm discussing, in an attempt to keep things clear.

No worries, I understood what you said and your understanding and such. smilie

(All this iterating and understanding is making my eyes cross, but I'm keeping it straight, I swear!) LOL!
---
#33 Posted: 16:29:24 23/05/2013
*x-eye-seed?
(pomemon mystery dungeon reverence)
yeah, this skylandr is at it....you know,smilie
hex must been suffering, it hurts alot, as i can tell
YES I;M FEMALE, NOW SHUT UP AND TAKE MY SKYLANDERS, NOT MY MONY!
jet-vac6000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1718
#34 Posted: 17:01:08 23/05/2013

if you know what i mean

It won't be long...
---
Eggs
#35 Posted: 18:28:19 23/05/2013
smilie this is so retarded!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me