darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > Lair of the Giant Spiders Glitch
Page 1 of 1
Lair of the Giant Spiders Glitch [CLOSED]
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#1 Posted: 21:08:50 18/05/2013 | Topic Creator
Anyone else noticing that on PS3 version many times the system will give you credit for 2 kills for the same spider? See it all the time on PS3---but more specifically---started to see it when I played Scarlet.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Terreneflame Blue Sparx Gems: 943
#2 Posted: 22:21:49 18/05/2013
yep- happens on xbox 360 all the time, often i get no credit for kills as well- drives me mental
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#3 Posted: 20:48:05 19/05/2013
I keep hearing about this, but I've never seen it myself. I'm on an XBox, but I feel like I've heard people mention it for XBox too.
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
#4 Posted: 23:31:36 19/05/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Terreneflame
yep- happens on xbox 360 all the time, often i get no credit for kills as well- drives me mental

I've never NOT gotten credit...only double credit. I think it has to do with the spider animation and kicking off an attack somehow. Still trying to find out root cause....would love to hear anyone who knows for sure.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Terreneflame Blue Sparx Gems: 943
#5 Posted: 06:31:08 20/05/2013
I've had up to 4 credits for one spider, and oftne 0 credits for multiple spiders- though it started with only 2.
In my experience it happens more often you don't get credited if you kill a spider off screen, and some attacks seem to not count as well- but i generally just restart my xbox and it behaves again- its really strange
#6 Posted: 14:53:47 20/05/2013 | Topic Creator
Makes me wonder what the QA guys were doing the day this level was tested. And of course, Activision isn't producing patches. Might hold out on the next one until they get off their rump and communicate their strategy for content update.
---
NiHenChou Green Sparx Gems: 101
#7 Posted: 15:13:16 20/05/2013
I saw it when I was using Hot head and Trigger Happy
---
Hate the stores in Canada. No good skylanders on sale.
Love Trigger Happy and Pop Fizz, they're like brothers.
skelekon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1149
#8 Posted: 14:01:39 26/05/2013
Quote: GhostRoaster

I've never NOT gotten credit...only double credit. I think it has to do with the spider animation and kicking off an attack somehow. Still trying to find out root cause....would love to hear anyone who knows for sure.

I posted a few months back that my observation has been that if the spider makes its armor save, you still get credit for the kill.

Then when you kill it for real you get another credit - I once had one make 3 armor saves in a row and yielded 4 kills.

To test it for yourself, look for the 'shield' symbol to flash on the spider, showing that it made an armor save, and see if your kill counter increments.

I haven't really tested this in depth - I presume the saved attack would have to do sufficient damage to kill it had it not saved. An easier difficulty and higher damage attacks would help in this case - but this is just further speculation on my part.
---
Missing: Fright Rider,Pumpkin Eyebrawl,UFO Hat
Spare: Polar Whirlwind,Purple Wrecking Ball
#9 Posted: 15:54:06 26/05/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: skelekon
Quote: GhostRoaster

I posted a few months back that my observation has been that if the spider makes its armor save, you still get credit for the kill.

Then when you kill it for real you get another credit - I once had one make 3 armor saves in a row and yielded 4 kills.

To test it for yourself, look for the 'shield' symbol to flash on the spider, showing that it made an armor save, and see if your kill counter increments.

I haven't really tested this in depth - I presume the saved attack would have to do sufficient damage to kill it had it not saved. An easier difficulty and higher damage attacks would help in this case - but this is just further speculation on my part.

Sorry if you mentioned it previously...so the glitch is related to the armor? Maybe I started to notice it more as I started to upgrade my skylanders to full potential.
---
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#10 Posted: 04:39:43 30/05/2013
The armour of the spider, that is... You can notice this with your guys too, though... Usually when you or an enemy is hit, you'll see a number showing how much damage was dealt. Well, sometimes instead of the number you'll see a gold shield. That shield means that the attack did no damage, that the attack was blocked. The higher your Skylander's armour stat, the more likely they'll block an attack when an enemy attacks them.

Well, skelekon is saying that when you attack a spider, he suspects that if a killing blow is blocked (by the spider), that it might be counting toward the kill counter anyway.

To me this makes sense, that it's counting the kill based on the power of the attack, but the spider is still standing to be attacked again.
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
EmperorKaos Emerald Sparx Gems: 4399
#11 Posted: 10:50:05 30/05/2013
this game worth a medal, is the only game that never freeze on my ps3
Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2951
#12 Posted: 00:47:58 31/05/2013
Quote: niceguy1
The armour of the spider, that is... You can notice this with your guys too, though... Usually when you or an enemy is hit, you'll see a number showing how much damage was dealt. Well, sometimes instead of the number you'll see a gold shield. That shield means that the attack did no damage, that the attack was blocked. The higher your Skylander's armour stat, the more likely they'll block an attack when an enemy attacks them.

Well, skelekon is saying that when you attack a spider, he suspects that if a killing blow is blocked (by the spider), that it might be counting toward the kill counter anyway.

To me this makes sense, that it's counting the kill based on the power of the attack, but the spider is still standing to be attacked again.

there is a charm that says that makes the skylanders more likely to block when at low health and it works. i was doing the one shot thrill with a S1 stealth elf that just came out of the box and i fell off the edge, however stealth elf "blocked" the "attack" and i got to move on and pulverize and win smilie
ClayFace Blue Sparx Gems: 835
#13 Posted: 22:28:30 18/06/2013
I've never had that happen.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me