Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
OC character idea [CLOSED]
HotDogAndZap Emerald Sparx Gems: 3531
#1 Posted: 23:13:46 16/05/2013 | Topic Creator
I had this floating in my head for quite some time, just waiting to put it on paper. I know, I know, the pictures garbage, but that's the best I got. Soooooo, whatcha think?

http://i.imgur.com/LBO3T5h.jpg
The wings are rather stiff looking because I might use it as a reference sheet if people think its not stupid. I gave it wings because the back looked bare and boring. And if people do like it, I will need help naming it...

Please, only constructive criticism, and I know, the wings are stiff, the legs aren't completely level, blah blah and so forth.

I would've made it with an online art program, but my computer is dead since I downloaded GIMP.
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#2 Posted: 23:23:56 16/05/2013
It looks pretty cool.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
#3 Posted: 23:25:08 16/05/2013 | Topic Creator
Thanks! That means a lot coming from you. smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:25:29 16/05/2013 by HotDogAndZap
#4 Posted: 23:32:41 16/05/2013
You're welcome.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
#5 Posted: 23:38:13 16/05/2013
I believe the only things I can say need some slight work, are the back legs, claws, and the wings. Other than that it's awesome.
---
icon from Empoh
#6 Posted: 23:38:51 16/05/2013 | Topic Creator
I am a fail at back legs. smilie
I also couldn't make the head right. I am making several edits to the drawing, and I will post an updated picture soon.
#7 Posted: 00:06:04 17/05/2013
Quote: HotDogAndZap
I am a fail at back legs. smilie
I also couldn't make the head right. I am making several edits to the drawing, and I will post an updated picture soon.

Okay.
---
icon from Empoh
#8 Posted: 23:14:04 17/05/2013 | Topic Creator
Here's the updated pic! I decided to give her a brother, he is a WIP too pathetic at the moment to be posted. :3
Anyway, I made their relation as the moon and the sun, because I'm not original at all. smilie
Most people think of the sun representing character as the girl, so I decided to go out-of-the-box and make the sun representing character as a boy.

SO, I updated it to fit all of the suggestions, please, keep them coming, except for shorty's leg thick-to-thin request. I really can't make them thinner without them being sticks. smilie

I also made her appearance a little different:
http://i.imgur.com/mG9xndG.jpg
#9 Posted: 00:32:00 18/05/2013
Still pretty good. I see an armor Difference. Be sure to practice often on movement on armor, for when animating or making awesome pictures.
---
icon from Empoh
#10 Posted: 00:43:50 18/05/2013 | Topic Creator
I am making the picture a reference sheet now. :3
#11 Posted: 00:45:36 18/05/2013
I am making the picture a reference sheet now. :3

Okay. I thin I might draw her. (or him. Don't know which one you were talking about.)
---
icon from Empoh
#12 Posted: 00:46:49 18/05/2013 | Topic Creator
I'm talking about her. Oh, speaking of that, I need to think of a name. smilie
#13 Posted: 00:49:18 18/05/2013
I'm talking about her. Oh, speaking of that, I need to think of a name. smilie

Aw crap. *is all out of names* Did you try finding names that fit her life story, personality, or even appearance?
---
icon from Empoh
#14 Posted: 00:53:12 18/05/2013 | Topic Creator
Still thinking about it... I might need a few minutes. My brain is slow today.
#15 Posted: 00:54:25 18/05/2013
Still thinking about it... I might need a few minutes. My brain is slow today.

Everyone's brains are slow today. I wasn't able to get on DS earlier because I was packing my room.
---
icon from Empoh
#16 Posted: 00:56:58 18/05/2013 | Topic Creator
I decided to name her Rain, because it fits her life story. :3
#17 Posted: 01:02:02 18/05/2013
I decided to name her Rain, because it fits her life story. :3

Awesome. Let me know when the ref sheet is up. I'll go ahead and draw her :3.
---
icon from Empoh
#18 Posted: 03:18:08 18/05/2013 | Topic Creator
Done! The colors are a little off, but I like it anyways. Sorry for the sucky handwriting, but that's just how I write.....

[User Posted Image]
#19 Posted: 03:39:15 18/05/2013
Done! The colors are a little off, but I like it anyways. Sorry for the sucky handwriting, but that's just how I write.....

[User Posted Image]

Awesome I'll get started to her whenever I can.
---
icon from Empoh
#20 Posted: 03:41:15 18/05/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Trix Master 100

[User Posted Image]

Awesome I'll get started to her whenever I can.

Yay! I'm in such a good mood.

smilie
#21 Posted: 03:49:12 18/05/2013
*nods* if it seems like I'm offline tomorrow it means I'm packing up and moving to a place, and sadly my god like computer of awesomeness, cannot join me on the trip so. So you all would understand.
---
icon from Empoh
#22 Posted: 03:52:10 18/05/2013 | Topic Creator
Yeah, I get it. Stuff happens. Safe travels! :3
#23 Posted: 03:54:30 18/05/2013
Yeah, I get it. Stuff happens. Safe travels! :3

Thanks bro.
---
icon from Empoh
Inuyashafan39 Gold Sparx Gems: 2752
#24 Posted: 04:07:33 18/05/2013
Safe travels! Where are you moving to?
---
"We don't smile because good things happen. Good things happen because we smile..."
#25 Posted: 04:09:38 18/05/2013
Quote: Inuyashafan39

Idk exactly, at least somewhere safe I hope.
---
icon from Empoh
#26 Posted: 04:13:01 18/05/2013 | Topic Creator

Don't move into the woods. Where I live it's a really bad tick season. It could be tick season wherever you live too. Ticks are creepy.
#27 Posted: 04:20:25 18/05/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: shorty
http://freeska.deviantart.com/...orial-280874510

Here's something I like to use as reference for paws. It might help you. :3

Oh, yes. I really need this! Thank you!
#28 Posted: 04:36:55 18/05/2013

Don't move into the woods. Where I live it's a really bad tick season. It could be tick season wherever you live too. Ticks are creepy.

I heard that from my Teacher.
---
icon from Empoh
#29 Posted: 04:38:28 18/05/2013 | Topic Creator

Yeah, someone I know got 4 ticks just by going outside into the schools backyard after lunch. Apparently ticks like dandelions...
#30 Posted: 04:39:57 18/05/2013

Yeah, someone I know got 4 ticks just by going outside into the schools backyard after lunch. Apparently ticks like dandelions...

Well now.
---
icon from Empoh
#31 Posted: 04:56:42 18/05/2013 | Topic Creator

Well now.

I don't go outside anymore. smilie
#32 Posted: 05:02:37 18/05/2013
*hugs you HDandZ*
---
icon from Empoh
#33 Posted: 05:25:24 18/05/2013 | Topic Creator
*hugs you HDandZ*

Aww thanks! *hugs*

I have a serious bug phobia. If a spider moves 2 centimeters, I scream.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:26:29 18/05/2013 by HotDogAndZap
#34 Posted: 05:30:26 18/05/2013
*hugs you HDandZ*

Aww thanks! *hugs*

I have arachnophobia too. Over here we get Scorpions. Heck my dad killed like 5 scorps today.
---
icon from Empoh
#35 Posted: 05:32:51 18/05/2013 | Topic Creator
*hugs you HDandZ*

Aww thanks! *hugs*

I have arachnophobia too. Over here we get Scorpions. Heck my dad killed like 5 scorps today.

Oh wow. Scorpions don't exist where I live. We have bugs galore, hundreds of different spiders, and non poisonous, but still dangerous, snakes.

Help me.
#36 Posted: 06:08:52 18/05/2013

Aww thanks! *hugs*

Oh wow. Scorpions don't exist where I live. We have bugs galore, hundreds of different spiders, and non poisonous, but still dangerous, snakes.

Help me.

Idk how. Over here, there's Scorps, spiders, snakes, coyotes, hawks, wild rabbits, and the sinister outdoor/wild pussy cats. But, the Hawks were scary, they fly by my head sometimes scaring the **** out of me. Coyote(s) only see one of them, they don't look that startling. Spiders, Scorps, and Snakes they are all Venomous so I scream like a little girl when I see a spider in the shower (happens often). And the Scorps are scary as hell, they like to climb the ceilings and walls. And I never seen a wild snake. The Cats love to kill the ****ing birds and drop them off at our yard.
---
icon from Empoh
#37 Posted: 06:16:05 18/05/2013 | Topic Creator

Help me.

Idk how. Over here, there's Scorps, spiders, snakes, coyotes, hawks, wild rabbits, and the sinister outdoor/wild pussy cats. But, the Hawks were scary, they fly by my head sometimes scaring the **** out of me. Coyote(s) only see one of them, they don't look that startling. Spiders, Scorps, and Snakes they are all Venomous so I scream like a little girl when I see a spider in the shower (happens often). And the Scorps are scary as hell, they like to climb the ceilings and walls. And I never seen a wild snake. The Cats love to kill the ****ing birds and drop them off at our yard.

Do you live in Texas? It sound like it from the description. And scorps would scare the **** out of me if I ever saw one...
#38 Posted: 06:31:14 18/05/2013

Help me.

Do you live in Texas? It sound like it from the description. And scorps would scare the **** out of me if I ever saw one...

Nope Nevada. The Southern part of it.
---
icon from Empoh
#39 Posted: 06:33:18 18/05/2013 | Topic Creator

Oh, I see it now. Now it makes sense. We have hawks too, but they don't come too close, the closest one has gotten to me is 5 feet, and that only happened once. We do see a lot of eagles, though. At least one a week.
#40 Posted: 06:37:28 18/05/2013

Oh, I see it now. Now it makes sense. We have hawks too, but they don't come too close, the closest one has gotten to me is 5 feet, and that only happened once. We do see a lot of eagles, though. At least one a week.

Eagles are awesome bro.
---
icon from Empoh
#41 Posted: 06:39:52 18/05/2013 | Topic Creator

Eagles are awesome bro.

Yeah, but not when they're gutting rabbits on your fence. *shivers*
There's still blood stains there...
#42 Posted: 06:53:53 18/05/2013

Eagles are awesome bro.

That nearly happened to one of my rabbits, but by a hawk.
---
icon from Empoh
#43 Posted: 14:05:44 18/05/2013 | Topic Creator

Eagles are awesome bro.

That nearly happened to one of my rabbits, but by a hawk.

Oh wow, that must've been scary.
#44 Posted: 14:44:11 18/05/2013
Yeah I know
---
icon from Empoh
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me