darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > Hardest and Easiest Heroic Challenges
Page 1 of 1
Hardest and Easiest Heroic Challenges [CLOSED]
NiHenChou Green Sparx Gems: 101
#1 Posted: 22:57:06 14/05/2013 | Topic Creator
I have about half of the total amount of Skylanders, and some of these heroic challenges are like so hard to beat(Though I have 1 skylander that has completed all Heroics that I have: smilie )
I was wondering what is the easiest Heroic Challenge, and I believe it would be the default one, Arachnid Antechamber. Hardest, from the ones that I have so far, would be... Probably smilie , since so many skylanders have attacks that explode, the most annoying would e Minefield Mishap, which is the heroic challenge of smilie .
---
Hate the stores in Canada. No good skylanders on sale.
Love Trigger Happy and Pop Fizz, they're like brothers.
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#2 Posted: 23:22:22 14/05/2013
I find them all pretty easy, although I have done them a couple of hundred of times each. The one that I find the most annoying is returning Ermits goats because some of the pathways are thin and the shielded enemies that you have to hit from behind to defeat.

It's best not upgrade you powers until you do some of the harder challenges, but if they have a blast radius just stand further back and aim in front of the trolls, that way the blast only hits the trolls. Another way is to get right in close to the trolls and fire that way the blast should only hit the troll. but it would really depend on the character you're using.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
#3 Posted: 02:26:55 15/05/2013 | Topic Creator
Yeah I agree, my advice is do challenges first and then upgrade.
---
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#4 Posted: 03:20:29 15/05/2013
Quote: NiHenChou
Yeah I agree, my advice is do challenges first and then upgrade.

Yep. When I get a new fig, I always at least do the Double Trouble, Drobot, and Zap challenges. They can be pretty tough with upgraded figs.

I don't find any others to be particularly challenging. Just monotonous.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#5 Posted: 03:52:45 15/05/2013
Zook's is often annoying for me. Some of the easiest, in my opinion, are Lightning rods, Chill's, Stump smash's, and Ignitor's.
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#6 Posted: 05:57:39 15/05/2013
Wrecking ball has down the easiest challenge, it has no enemies and all you have to do is collect tokens.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#7 Posted: 08:51:38 15/05/2013
I always do Speed Heroics first.

Give A Hoot and Double Trouble's one with the trolls where you need to avoid hitting the paintings are the hardest, IMO.

Minefield Mishap, Arachnid Antechamber and Bouncer's are all pushovers with everyone, though.
#8 Posted: 11:24:18 15/05/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: mantez
Wrecking ball has down the easiest challenge, it has no enemies and all you have to do is collect tokens.

kind of the same with smilie challenge, you really don't need to attack the enemies, though wreking ball's is easier, i think.

also i find using terrafin pretty cheap when playing some heroic challenges, like for smilie Give a Hoot, all he needs to do is go underground.
---
#9 Posted: 12:49:50 15/05/2013
Wrecking Ball's challenge gives you the Heroic Challenger quest, as well, since there are no enemies to attack you. Hands down, the easiest challenge.
---
#10 Posted: 20:11:37 15/05/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Himewad
Wrecking Ball's challenge gives you the Heroic Challenger quest, as well, since there are no enemies to attack you. Hands down, the easiest challenge.

Yeah that is true. I find most of the quests easy, though some take a long time to complete, like trigger happys quest: collect 50000 money.
---
icecube7731 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1298
#11 Posted: 04:24:03 16/05/2013
The trick for beating Ermit's Goat challenge is to go south and kill off the shield guys and zombies up through the path where you can get a bomb to break a wall to get two more goats behind the wall. From there you can slowly collect the goats and back track with 8 goats on hand as long as you approach the bridges slowly. When you return the 8 all you have to do is go the eastern path and quickly grab the first 2 goats and you're done.
---
37skylanders bsmilie rsmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
28skylanders + minis(no smilie)
SSF: All minus dark STT: All standard
#12 Posted: 21:16:28 16/05/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: icecube7731
The trick for beating Ermit's Goat challenge is to go south and kill off the shield guys and zombies up through the path where you can get a bomb to break a wall to get two more goats behind the wall. From there you can slowly collect the goats and back track with 8 goats on hand as long as you approach the bridges slowly. When you return the 8 all you have to do is go the eastern path and quickly grab the first 2 goats and you're done.

wait which skylander's challenge is this?
---
Terreneflame Blue Sparx Gems: 943
#13 Posted: 21:19:24 16/05/2013
Hot Dogs
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#14 Posted: 21:46:16 16/05/2013
Even though Minefield Mishap says THIS IS DIFFICULT, it's actually REALLY easy, just hit the mines near the treasure and you can walk through them.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#15 Posted: 03:50:56 17/05/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Matteomax
Even though Minefield Mishap says THIS IS DIFFICULT, it's actually REALLY easy, just hit the mines near the treasure and you can walk through them.

Yeah, it does seem hard, but it's pretty much just barriers
---
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#16 Posted: 04:20:08 17/05/2013
If you use Terrafin, it's almost dull.
I don't really do Heroic challenges a lot, so i can't be the judge of that. But the protect purple chompies ones can be hard with someone who has bouncing attacks.
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#17 Posted: 20:10:06 18/05/2013

I've done this so often, I'm not even sure what the proper way IS! LOL! Sometimes if I'm good on time I try to go the proper way, but always lose patience and just go through the mines. smilie I just have to remind myself to let the cutscene trigger first, I've often hit a mine, then while standing on the mine the cutscene plays and the mine grows back. D'oh!

I think it can be widely agreed that the Purple Chompies (Drobot I believe, at least in SSA) is clearly the hardest. I've heard people describe Zap's as similarly hard (the breaking cat statues thing), and as such I even avoided getting Zap until I had to when I got Scorpion Striker, but this challenge seems downright easy! I've played it since in both SSA and Giants, and definitely find it easier in Giants, but even in SSA it's really not hard.

The don't break paintings one can be challenging as well, but I've managed it with everyone so far without too much difficulty.
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#18 Posted: 21:15:49 18/05/2013
I actually found the purple Chompies one to be one of the easiest, but then again I didn't play the PS360 version of it much. The Wii version is a pushover.

Double Trouble's is easily the hardest on SSA Wii.

They're pretty much even in Giants, since the Chompies one is terrible when you walk into a purple one by accident, which is hard to avoid even if you never attack. And Double's is still crowded.
#19 Posted: 14:52:36 20/05/2013 | Topic Creator
I find double trouble's heroic challenge harder than drobot's, since
1. you can lose time
2. the trolls are next to vases and paintings and they don''t move
3. you have to be more careful about your steps.
4. there is exactly 40 trolls, which is the amount you need to kill to win.
---
#20 Posted: 20:06:03 20/05/2013
This is all true, but for almost every Skylander, even area-effect characters, I find it easy to compensate. Mostly just by positioning myself between the painting and the troll in some cases. Giants are more clumsy when it comes to accidentally damaging something, so it gives you an bunch of time boosts for Giants only to compensate.

The base rule is the same: 1 is a warning, 2 is a fail. BUT! The chompies follow you around, it's like they're actively TRYING to get killed. With the trolls, you can clear out all other trolls first, then concentrate on the troll/painting, to do it carefully, neither of them move so strategy becomes much simpler. Also, the Purple Chompies, the time is very tight, it's easy to run out of time. With the paintings they give you plenty of time to spare, so you have plenty to lose.

And your point about exactly 40 trolls isn't much of a point, really. Purple Chompies you need 100 green chompies, I estimate there's less than 105 in there total. It's pretty much the same thing. You have some flexibility, but not enough to count it as a vote for DT's being harder.

I do find DT's is harder in Giants, damn Activision. In SSA the vases were only around the paintings, in Giants they're all over the place. It was such that it didn't even occur to me that the other vases counted, I was smashing vases left and right before I noticed the time loss, LOL!
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#21 Posted: 01:53:35 21/05/2013

I use this one for the Heroic Challenger quest. smilie

Quote: niceguy1
And your point about exactly 40 trolls isn't much of a point, really. Purple Chompies you need 100 green chompies, I estimate there's less than 105 in there total. It's pretty much the same thing. You have some flexibility, but not enough to count it as a vote for DT's being harder.

I believe you are talking about SSA, they reduced the count of Chompies in Giants to make it more reasonable.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:55:56 21/05/2013 by GhostRoaster
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#22 Posted: 02:04:08 21/05/2013
Easiest... Hmm, Chill's. It's almost impossible to actually lose that race, and it's over quickly. I find completion time to be the steadiest gauge of easiness, and this one is done quickly with minimal risk.

Hardest is definitely Double Trouble's. Certain characters literally HAVE to use Anvil Rain to win once fully upgraded, and magic items should never be mandatory. That speaks to how difficult they made this one.
#23 Posted: 02:11:32 21/05/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: GhostRoaster

I use this one for the Heroic Challenger quest. smilie

I believe you are talking about SSA, they reduced the count of Chompies in Giants to make it more reasonable.

Same, elieve they reduced it to 55
---
#24 Posted: 13:28:14 21/05/2013
I don't think Drobot's was ever 100 chompies, even in SSA. There are a couple of other HC's that require 100 kills, but not Drobot's.
---
#25 Posted: 00:05:51 22/05/2013

Quote: NiHenChou
Same, elieve they reduced it to 55

Oh, BTW, I only have S1 Drobot, I'm talking about SSA. LOL! Actually, THIS challenge is about 50% of the reason I have no interest in any Giants version of Drobot, I don't want that Heroic Challenge in my game! If they have the same number of chompies available, but now only require killing 55, that would make it MUCH better. LOL!

I don't think Drobot's was ever 100 chompies, even in SSA. There are a couple of other HC's that require 100 kills, but not Drobot's.

Yes, Drobot. Really. If I count how many times I've done it, including the times I've failed, I'm sure I've literally done it over 100 times. I've had a few times where I skipped too many green ones, and ended with a total of 97 or 98 chompies, and no time to find those 2 or 3 more.

Those numbers are burned in my brain. Yes, in SSA the requirement is 100.
---
#26 Posted: 02:32:07 22/05/2013 | Topic Creator
Kk cool, I have lightcore drobot, it requires that you get 55. There is a total of about 65-70 green chompies
---
#27 Posted: 12:11:33 22/05/2013
Quote: Tashiji
Easiest... Hmm, Chill's. It's almost impossible to actually lose that race, and it's over quickly. I find completion time to be the steadiest gauge of easiness, and this one is done quickly with minimal risk.

Hardest is definitely Double Trouble's. Certain characters literally HAVE to use Anvil Rain to win once fully upgraded, and magic items should never be mandatory. That speaks to how difficult they made this one.

I agree. And thanks for the tip, I've been trying to do the DT challenge with some of my upgraded landers and as you say c'est impossible without magic items...

And on Chill's challenge---one time I took the wrong path (and had to do another lap) AND didn't get the extra time and still won the race...nuff said. I might edge out some of the other challenges as being easy as I finish some of them with over 2:10 left on the clock.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 12:14:44 22/05/2013 by GhostRoaster
#28 Posted: 12:54:53 22/05/2013

Yes, Drobot. Really. If I count how many times I've done it, including the times I've failed, I'm sure I've literally done it over 100 times. I've had a few times where I skipped too many green ones, and ended with a total of 97 or 98 chompies, and no time to find those 2 or 3 more.

I know for a fact it was never 100 kills on the Wii. When I did a little research, I found that the PS3 version required 100 kills. So I guess we are both right.
---
#29 Posted: 19:21:32 22/05/2013
Drobots challange was 100 chompies in the version they shipped for conversion to xbox/ps3- an older version was used which is why some challenges are alot harder, some characters alot weaker/stronger than they are on wii and why the boss fight is such a MASSIVE jump in difficulty from the rest of the game on those consoles. This is due to it being planned as a Wii only game before Activision realised what a hit it could be..
Giants was actually produced for every console properly- thus the lack of differences between versions
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#30 Posted: 19:41:47 22/05/2013
easy=smilie
hardestsmiliesmilie
#31 Posted: 23:21:58 22/05/2013
What Terreneflame said, I've heard before as fact, that initially SSA was designed for the Wii only, then at a later date during development it was decided to try it on other consoles too, but the version used for the port wasn't the final version, they kept working on it a bit. It's an odd piece of information, sticks out in my mind. smilie

Still, stuff like this is usually the same. Weird.

And yes, I'm on the XBox.

So if it wasn't 100 in SSA on the Wii, how much was it then?
---
#32 Posted: 23:51:33 22/05/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Tashiji

I agree. And thanks for the tip, I've been trying to do the DT challenge with some of my upgraded landers and as you say c'est impossible without magic items...

And on Chill's challenge---one time I took the wrong path (and had to do another lap) AND didn't get the extra time and still won the race...nuff said. I might edge out some of the other challenges as being easy as I finish some of them with over 2:10 left on the clock.

By the way, I use a PS3, and also in soe of them, I wi with about 2:50 minutes left on the clock
---
GhostRoaster24 Blue Sparx Gems: 942
#33 Posted: 00:00:27 23/05/2013
UGH! Drobot's in Giants with Eruptor is CRAZY hard, due to his "Fiery Remains" upgrade which leaves magma on the ground after every Lava Lob! The chompies walk into it it's SO annoying! Cali said "The purple chompies won't attack you." <---- I call bullcrap on that. Total.Bullcrap.
---
Tumblr: hunter-alex
#34 Posted: 13:21:52 23/05/2013
So if it wasn't 100 in SSA on the Wii, how much was it then?

Pretty sure it was 55, just like it is now.

Also, I think I'll put Hot Dog's "A Real Goat Getter" challenge on the super-easy list. It's not my favorite challenge, and can be a bit annoying with goats falling behind or falling off a ledge, but I always finish it with 2-1/2 to 3 minutes remaining. Especially simple when you have a figure with a fire-based attack that can quickly eliminate the zombies.

Shroom Boom's "Baking with Batterson" food checklist challenge and Hot Head's "Watermelon's Eleven" are also super-easy ones. The watermelon challenge doesn't even require you to really dodge the bombs, because each one does only 10 damage. You can just stand there, letting bombs hit you, while you wait for the bombs to take out the rocks. If each bomb did, say, 100 damage, then it might get interesting.

The first couple of times I did it, I really like Thumpback's "King's Breech" challenge because it had two distinct tasks to complete. Now I'm not crazy about it because it takes a while to complete it. It's not hard, but it does take a while to get everything done - if I'm dinking around I am often under 30 seconds remaining when I finish that one.
---
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#35 Posted: 20:26:20 23/05/2013
Swarm's Heroic Challenge gets really annoying with aiming.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#36 Posted: 21:02:38 23/05/2013

I know for a fact it was never 100 kills on the Wii. When I did a little research, I found that the PS3 version required 100 kills. So I guess we are both right.

OK, so they made it hard only for the PS3? That's the system I'm on. Neat little fact.

Swarm's Heroic Challenge gets really annoying with aiming.

I hate that one. It's very annoying.
---
#37 Posted: 03:36:43 24/05/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: GhostRoaster24
UGH! Drobot's in Giants with Eruptor is CRAZY hard, due to his "Fiery Remains" upgrade which leaves magma on the ground after every Lava Lob! The chompies walk into it it's SO annoying! Cali said "The purple chompies won't attack you." <---- I call bullcrap on that. Total.Bullcrap.

I know right? Any skylanders that have attacks that explode or affect a large area won't make th le heroic challenge, garenteed.
---
#38 Posted: 08:44:21 24/05/2013

OK, so they made it hard only for the PS3? That's the system I'm on. Neat little fact.

It was harder on Xbox360 and Ps3, and its not that they made it harder, its that they made it easier for the final version on Wii, the older version of the game that was ported to xbox and ps3 had alot of random difficulty spikes that they didn't tell the people who were porting the game they were changing
#39 Posted: 17:09:02 24/05/2013
Quote: Terreneflame

It was harder on Xbox360 and Ps3, and its not that they made it harder, its that they made it easier for the final version on Wii, the older version of the game that was ported to xbox and ps3 had alot of random difficulty spikes that they didn't tell the people who were porting the game they were changing

Ahhh....they seemed to have closed that communication gap well on Giants.
---
#40 Posted: 22:05:30 24/05/2013 | Topic Creator
I actually have no idea if they made it hard on a certain console, but as long as you are precise, i believe that you can beat, though it may take multiple times.
---
DinoHex Blue Sparx Gems: 735
#41 Posted: 00:01:46 26/05/2013
Double Trouble's challenge is easy if you just use the anvil rain item, and make sure to take it off the portal when you've cleared out the baddies in the area to conserve its time limit. It will never hit paintings or vases, and only hit enemies. No shame in using it if you have it since it's rare you ever get some use out of the magic items. If not for anvil rain, I'd say that one is the hardest.

For me, and I may be alone on this, but the one I always have the most trouble with is Crusher's "Save the Owls" quest. Unless you have a character that can quickly fire something long range or can run really quickly, this challenge can be a major pain in the butt. If you're having trouble, I highly recommend using the Speed Boots item from Dragon's peak. Helps quite a bit at times.

As for the easiest, that's obviously wrecking ball's challenge where you collect charms in a mine full of bounce pads. Once you've figured out the path to take, you will never lose that challenge. Also since there are no enemies, it guarantees the "no damage in a heroic challenge" quest.

Also if you're having trouble with time limits in some challenges, use the time twister item from Darklight Crypt. It not only slows everything on the playing field, but it also slows down the timer, giving you a fair bit of extra time. Really useful in Fright Rider's challenge where you deliver things to npcs since time is always tight in that challenge.

Whenever I do HCs, I always have Anvil Rain, Time Twister, and the Speed Boots nearby.
---
smilie smilie and smilie: The three greatest Skylanders out of them all.
#42 Posted: 03:41:48 26/05/2013
Quote: Terreneflame

Ahhh....they seemed to have closed that communication gap well on Giants.

No, actually. Spyro's Adventure was designed for the Wii, and the decision to spread to the other consoles came late, though not quite at the end of development.

Giants was designed to go on all systems in the first place. It wasn't ported like SSA was, all the consoles were considered all along. THAT'S the difference. smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:42:29 26/05/2013 by niceguy1
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me