Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
how would you raise a child? [CLOSED]
Brightscales Ripto Gems: 445
#1 Posted: 20:58:27 13/05/2013 | Topic Creator
[regardless of whether you actually want children or not]

just curious of your thoughts darkspyro

((below are just some questions to give you some ideas to think about, you dont have to answer them))

• how strict would you be about your child's grades? would you make them study? would you care if they got an F on a test?
  • how strict would you be about your child's excercise? would you not make them exercise at all? would you just make them exercise the required amount of time, no more?
  • what about food? would you make your child eat his/her five a day? would you let them eat as many sugary foods as they want? would you serve most of your child's meals fresh?
  • what about age restrictions? would you let your 12 year old child watch an 18 rated film? would you let your child lie about his/her age to join a website?
  • how long would you let your child watch tv/go on the internet for? Would you allow your child Internet acess at all until they reach a certain age? what kind of TV programmes would you not let your child watch? you find out your child has been taking drugs, what do you do?
  • what do you say to your child on their first day of school (what advice to you give them)? what do you say to your child if he/she is being bullied? if you were mad at your child, how would you punish them? you find out your child has had sucidcal thoughts, what do you do?
  • how many children would you have? what would you call your child/children? would you rather raise a girl or boy?
  • how much pocket money would you give your child? would you give any at all? how many chores would you make your child do? what kind of school would you make your child go?
  • what religon would you raise your child to follow?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:09:16 14/05/2013 by Brightscales
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7699
#2 Posted: 21:18:36 13/05/2013
1. Yeah, I'd worry if they got below C, but wouldn't be too strict about it.

2. I'd take them swimming every week and maybe jogging a couple times.

3. Not too many sweets. Healthy food sometimes, junk food sometimes (occasional McDonald's ect)

4. Hmmmm....12's can watch 18 if I think it's ok. They can watch 15, and if they're, say 10, they can watch 12. And depends which website.

5. Few hours a day. Age appropriate, maybe over. And I'd have a talk with them about drugs. See where it goes from there.

6. Behave (lol not sure smilie) Call the school. No internet and/or TV for a couple days if they were really bad. Talk to them about it, find out what's wrong and why they're having those thoughts.

7. I want 4. 2 boys 2 girls-Ryan and ?. girls Elora and ?

8. Fiver a week (that's what I get) And yeah, washing up, tidying after themselves, tidy their rooms. School....a good one smilie
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6345
#3 Posted: 21:44:20 13/05/2013
i can raise the little man in my pants
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6606
#4 Posted: 22:11:56 13/05/2013
Very carefully....

1. I would be so-so. I would make sure they get good grades. I will be strict when they get bad grades and nice when they get good.

2. I would try to get them to exercise but then i would have to do it with them.....But i don't want my child to be picked on so i don't want them....sized or very skinny.

3. They would eat anything i eat....meaning junk food. I would try to get them to eat healthy, but i can't help myself...food is good.

4. I would not let my child do that. If they were 12, they may not watch a 18y/o rated movie. I think that if facebook is still popular and they like it, they can join. But i will be checking their browsing history VERY CLOSELY.

5. First, they can watch TV or play the internet after their homeworks done. They end when it's time to go to bed. Also, their grades will effect it. Second, freak the **** out.

6. I would tell them to do their best. I would tell him/her to ignore the kid or if things got out of hand, punch em in da face. I would take away internet and TV privileges, sometimes spank, or i'll make them watch Honey Boo Boo. I would sit down with them and talk about it. I would ask why they have these thoughts and whats causing them. I would tell them about my thoughts about it as well.

7. I would like to have 2. I mean, one would be nice but I've always wanted a older brother/sister or a younger brother/sister. I would not really care, as long as their not all girls. I can't handle that....drama. I would most likely name them after Hunger Games characters....but really, i think i would name a girl something like Sapphire or Brea. The boy i would name something like Ace or Kirby. Kirby was a close friend of mine that moved.

8. I would make my child go to a good school, not private but good. Not a huge school where you wouldn't even know everyone in your grade. I would make my child do his/her fair share of choirs. I would probably give them about 10 dollers a week, bonus for if they have good grades and how good they did the choirs.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
spyro and sonic Diamond Sparx Gems: 8318
#5 Posted: 22:17:03 13/05/2013
Besides a few general rules I wouldn't be strict at all.
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#6 Posted: 22:22:04 13/05/2013
1. Yes. I wouldn't be a total tyrant about it, but I'd definitely make sure my child has good grades.

2. I'd definitely want them to get some exercise. Wouldn't make them become a muscleheaded jerk, but enough to keep them healthy.

3. Same as above, enough to keep them healthy.

4. If they're mature enough. My parents let me play M-rated games when I was 8 because they thought I was mature enough.

5. As long as their grades are good and they're staying out of trouble, they can get on the Internet and video games as much as they'd like. But if their grades start slipping, or if they overdo it, I'd have to make some kind of intervention.

6. There's nothing you really CAN do about first day jitters. Just try to talk them down. If my child's getting bullied, I'll take the following steps:
First, tell my child to ignore it and tell someone. If it keeps on:
Next, I'll tell the school principal myself about it. If it keeps on:
Then, I'll talk to the bully's parents about it. It should end right there, but if all else fails:
Finally, I just teach my child karate and tell them to kick the bully's ****ing ass.
If my child is suicidal, I'll spend as much time loving and caring for them as possible. I'll try to convince them that they're worth something.

7. I'd like to have a boy and girl. If it's a boy, his name will be James Julius Johnson; James after my best friend, and Julius after Julius Caesar. If it's a girl, her name will be Angela Marie Faith Johnson; Angela after my late grandmother, and Marie Faith as a special favor to a friend.

8. Hopefully, my child won't ask for money that much, just like me; I never ask for anything unless it's my birthday or Christmas. And if there are chores that need doing, you can bet my child will be doing them. And I'd really love for my children to go to the same school I go to. I think they'd enjoy it.
Gem-A-Knight Yellow Sparx Gems: 1644
#7 Posted: 22:26:05 13/05/2013
Quote: spyro and sonic
Besides a few general rules I wouldn't be strict at all.

^ This.

Though I don't think I even want a child. I don't want to go through all the crap that I'd have to deal with as the child grows up. I have no tolerance for them now and probably never will. I like to remain somewhat considerate though, so if ever, maybe one.
#8 Posted: 22:56:30 13/05/2013
You forgot about a whole thing, Brightscales; RELIGION.

Personally, I would definitely let my child know that I'm an atheist. But, they can pursue whichever religion they like, as long as they don't become too radical about it.
#9 Posted: 23:12:07 13/05/2013
Quote:
how strict would you be about your child's grades? would you make them study? would you care if they got an F on a test?

I'm fine with a C or above. I don't study so I won't make them unless they want to. I would be disappointed but help them learn what they messed up on.

Quote:
how strict would you be about your child's excercise? would you not make them exercise at all? would you just make them exercise the required amount of time, no more?

I wouldn't force them to, if they want to they can.

Quote:
what about food? would you make your child eat his/her five a day? would you let them eat as many sugary foods as they want? would you serve most of your child's meals fresh?

3 meals a day is all I'd require.

Quote:
what about age restrictions? would you let your 12 year old child watch an 18 rated film? would you let your child lie about his/her age to join a website?

Yes if I feel they're mature enough. Depends on the website.

Quote:
how long would you let your child watch tv/go on the internet for? Would you allow your child Internet acess at all until they reach a certain age? what kind of TV programmes would you not let your child watch? you find out your child has been taking drugs, what do you do?

As long as they'd like, no minimum age. Explain why it's bad and don't let them do it again.

Quote:
what do you say to your child on their first day of school (what advice to you give them)? what do you say to your child if he/she is being bullied? if you were mad at your child, how would you punish them? you find out your child has had sucidcal thoughts, what do you do?

Assure them they needn't worry. I don't get mad but I'd teach them how to correct their behavior rather them punish them. Speak to school administrators, if they don't help, change schools. Talk to and comfort them.

Quote:
how many children would you have? what would you call your child/children? would you rather raise a girl or boy?

Just 1 or 2, either gender.

Quote:
how much pocket money would you give your child? would you give any at all? how many chores would you make your child do? what kind of school would you make your child go?

Enough to buy smaller things they want. No chores except keeping their stuff neat. Private non-religious if possible. I would raise my children atheist.
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#10 Posted: 00:06:11 14/05/2013
Quote:
how strict would you be about your child's grades? would you make them study? would you care if they got an F on a test?

Make them have B's or A's, if they get a C, I'll help em' out, D or less, I'd make them study lots and help them alot, I really don't support Bad Grades=Screaming or Punishment.

Quote:
how strict would you be about your child's excercise? would you not make them exercise at all? would you just make them exercise the required amount of time, no more?

To be perfectly honest, as long as they don't stay home all day and get fat, exercising is their problem, I'd give them more socializing time instead.

Quote:
what about food? would you make your child eat his/her five a day? would you let them eat as many sugary foods as they want? would you serve most of your child's meals fresh?

Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Sugary foods and McDonalds every once in a while.

Quote:
what about age restrictions? would you let your 12 year old child watch an 18 rated film? would you let your child lie about his/her age to join a website?

Depends on them, if it's a very violent and sexual film, than no.
If it's a website that just requires you to be 13 for whatever reason, than sure.

Quote:
how long would you let your child watch tv/go on the internet for? Would you allow your child Internet acess at all until they reach a certain age? what kind of TV programmes would you not let your child watch? you find out your child has been taking drugs, what do you do?

I'd let them use the Internet when they're 11 ish, or when they are accepting children of the modern world, have manners, and know that you type like you write.

Quote:
what do you say to your child on their first day of school (what advice to you give them)? what do you say to your child if he/she is being bullied? if you were mad at your child, how would you punish them? you find out your child has had sucidcal thoughts, what do you do?

Make friends, tell them everything will be okay.Get involved right away, if it dosen't stop, tell him that if he punches back for a good enough reason, I'll be fully supporitive of their choice.Give them the looooooooooong talk.To be quite honest. I don't know....

Quote:
how many children would you have? what would you call your child/children? would you rather raise a girl or boy?

2, preferably 2 Boys or 2 Girls.
Quote:
how much pocket money would you give your child? would you give any at all? how many chores would you make your child do? what kind of school would you make your child go?

Maybe 5$ A week if they do good.Do all their stuff, plus Drying the Dishes, and Vacuuming.
Private School, or a School that's more on the artistic side then the sporty one.
aran Emerald Sparx Gems: 4040
#11 Posted: 02:21:02 14/05/2013
Quote:
how would you raise a child?

like this this smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:59:20 14/05/2013 by aran
X-Treme Ripto Gems: 360
#12 Posted: 02:59:18 14/05/2013
I'd raise one a lot better then most parents are now.

I'd definitely be mad if the kid got any grades below B, and i believe that discipline is essential.

For the exercise, I'd definitely have them do sprints at least once a week, and be active in at least one sport at all times, with practices/games at least 2 times per week.

Food? Organic, all natural, and healthy. If you were what you ate, a lot of kids today would be bad. Lets just leave it at that. I would let them have treats/dessert 1-2 times per week, but nothing over that.

Age restrictions? Eh, I'd let them play T games at age 10-12, but no M games.

Technology time? As limited as possible. There are much better things to do then stare at a screenfor the whole day.

Bullying? I'd step in if it got TOO drastic, but for little stuff, I'd let them handle it. You sometimes need to solve your own problems. Punishment is a big part of raising a child. Who wants a spoiled brat that whines 24/7?

How many? 3-4 boys. I understand boys much better than girls, and having 3-4 ensures that at least 2 of them will get along.

Pocket money? Nope. The best things in life are free. If they want something, theres always christmas and their birthday!

I would like to get a house in the country, and I'd like my kids to be homeschooled. I would tey not to be overprotective, i think nothing's more fun then romping around without supervision.
#13 Posted: 16:17:58 14/05/2013
^Someone's older than their years

Religion? I'd let them choose when they're old enough. But if they chose a religion, I'd explain why I'm an athiest and let it go from then.
---
oh my god
BigBoom Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#14 Posted: 16:42:58 14/05/2013
I think I could wrap this all up in me saying that I would not be a strict parent, I'd allow the child to do whatever they wish and would praise them if necessary, but I would give them gentle pushes towards the higher end of life (good grades, etc) as I would hate myself if I raised a child who would ultimately fail and lead a struggling life, and I would accept them no matter what (unless they turned out to do severe illegal practices such as murder).
---
this user has died. written on a note was their darkspyro login. they say hello from beyond the grave.
#15 Posted: 19:26:11 14/05/2013
Quote: Jaggedstar
^Someone's older than their years

Religion? I'd let them choose when they're old enough. But if they chose a religion, I'd explain why I'm an athiest and let it go from then.

That's just what i think is best.

I'd raise them to be catholics.
#16 Posted: 19:57:57 14/05/2013
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Please forgive me because I'm going to call someone out on a few things.

Quote: X-Treme
I'd definitely be mad if my kid got any grades below B, and I believe that discipline is essential.

Don't you think that you are setting the expectations a little too high? I mean, what's bad with having a C? At least it's not a D or even worse, an F. I could perhaps understand if all or most of their grades were C's, but it still isn't something that you should get mad about. Though I agree with you that discipline is essential, it doesn't mean you have to be High Hitler to your children. I most certainly hope that you don't believe in hitting your children (spanking is fine, but plain out beating up is not, just to make it clearer as to what I mean).

For exercising, I'd definitely have them do sprints at least once a week and be active in at least one sport at all times, with practices/games at least two times per week.

This appears to me as if you want to over do it/overwhelm your child/children. What if your kid doesn't want to do a sport? They don't have to do a sport to remain fit and there could be several reasons why a child might not want to participate in one (i.e anxiety, being shy, etc). Despite knowing that, are you still going to force them to do a sport, even if they may have social issues?

Food? Organic, all natural, and healthy. If you were what you ate, a lot of kids today would be bad. Lets just leave it at that. I would let them have treats/dessert 1-2 times per week, but nothing over that.

Now you seem to be a straight up health nut. I'm not saying eating healthy is bad, nor am I saying that you should allow them to eat a bunch of junk, but you seem to be WAY too strict when it comes to this subject matter.

I'm assuming this means that even when they are 15 or 16, they won't be allowed to play M rated games? Some I can understand, but some aren't even that bad.

Technology time? As limited as possible. There are much better things to do then stare at a screenfor the whole day.

I'm seriously starting to believe that you are the reincarnation of Hitler. I'm not saying that they should be allowed to be on the computer all day or watch TV all day, but "As limited as possible" sends off bad vibes to me.

Punishment is a big part of raising a child.

I disagree to a degree, but okay.

Pocket money? Nope. The best things in life are free. If they want something, there's always Christmas and their birthday!

I'm assuming this means that you won't buy them anything that they want unless it is their birthday or Christmas? Sounds a little too strict to me. Also, the explanation point was completely unnecessary.

Overall, I think you might actually make an awful parent if you set your expectations that high because in the end, your children could easily end up hating you and I'm sure that you wouldn't want that. At least I hope you don't. I'm not saying that you should spoil them or let them do whatever they want, but don't be High Hitler about it.

Said perfectly. * Applauds*
---
oh my god
#17 Posted: 20:21:27 14/05/2013

I'd definitely be mad if my kid got any grades below B, and I believe that discipline is essential.

Don't you think that you are setting the expectations a little too high? I mean, what's bad with having a C? At least it's not a D or even worse, an F. I could perhaps understand if all or most of their grades were C's, but it still isn't something that you should get mad about. Though I agree with you that discipline is essential, it doesn't mean you have to be High Hitler to your children. I most certainly hope that you don't believe in hitting your children (spanking is fine, but plain out beating up is not, just to make it clearer as to what I mean).

For exercising, I'd definitely have them do sprints at least once a week and be active in at least one sport at all times, with practices/games at least two times per week.

This appears to me as if you want to over do it/overwhelm your child/children. What if your kid doesn't want to do a sport? They don't have to do a sport to remain fit and there could be several reasons why a child might not want to participate in one (i.e anxiety, being shy, etc). Despite knowing that, are you still going to force them to do a sport, even if they may have social issues?

Now you seem to be a straight up health nut. I'm not saying eating healthy is bad, nor am I saying that you should allow them to eat a bunch of junk, but you seem to be WAY too strict when it comes to this subject matter.

I'm assuming this means that even when they are 15 or 16, they won't be allowed to play M rated games? Some I can understand, but some aren't even that bad.

I'm seriously starting to believe that you are the reincarnation of Hitler. I'm not saying that they should be allowed to be on the computer all day or watch TV all day, but "As limited as possible" sends off bad vibes to me.

Pocket money? Nope. The best things in life are free. If they want something, there's always Christmas and their birthday!

I'm assuming this means that you won't buy them anything that they want unless it is their birthday or Christmas? Sounds a little too strict to me. Also, the explanation point was completely unnecessary.

Overall, I think you might actually make an awful parent if you set your expectations that high because in the end, your children could easily end up hating you and I'm sure that you wouldn't want that. At least I hope you don't. I'm not saying that you should spoil them or let them do whatever they want, but don't be High Hitler about it.

Well, that's basically how I was raised. I don't see how giving kids dessert once a week is cruel. If you're brought up expecting to have dessert every day, then it could be, but if you are used to eating it a little, then it's not bad.

And I want my kids to be homeschooled. The greatest part is the fact that you can find the perfect fit. If you excel at spelling, you can be at a more advanced level, but if you struggle at math, you can step down a level. Because you are at a perfect level, you should be getting B+ or higher at everything.

Okay, the technology thing would be harsh, I admit it, but seriously, you can have MUCH more fun doing other stuff.
Brightscales Ripto Gems: 445
#18 Posted: 20:26:14 14/05/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Jaggedstar

Said perfectly. * Applauds*

I have pretty similar views to X-Treme, and I think this parenting method is best. With good disipline, your child will grow to be a hard-working, sucessful person. Your kid may get annoyed with the high expectations, but I doubt they will end up hating you.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:28:06 14/05/2013 by Brightscales
#19 Posted: 21:26:44 14/05/2013
Well, that's basically how I was raised. I don't see how giving kids dessert once a week is cruel. If you're brought up expecting to have dessert every day, then it could be, but if you are used to eating it a little, then it's not bad.

And I want my kids to be homeschooled. The greatest part is the fact that you can find the perfect fit. If you excel at spelling, you can be at a more advanced level, but if you struggle at math, you can step down a level. Because you are at a perfect level, you should be getting B+ or higher at everything.

Okay, the technology thing would be harsh, I admit it, but seriously, you can have MUCH more fun doing other stuff.

I wasn't saying that it was cruel, I was just saying that it seems a bit too strict, but that's just me. Funny thing is that I hardly ever eat dessert, but it's simply because I don't wish to.

That makes more sense, but I still don't see why you would get mad if they even got one C.

Yeah, I suppose you do have a point there.

Maybe not mad, I'd just know to work on that subject a bit with them.
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12119
#20 Posted: 22:02:49 14/05/2013
teach them to fight crime
HotDogAndZap Emerald Sparx Gems: 3531
#21 Posted: 22:04:46 14/05/2013
Quote: Carmelita Fox
teach them to fight crime

I instantly thought of Charlie's Angels, and I don't even watch the show.
#22 Posted: 22:07:12 14/05/2013
I'd raise mine like honey-boo-boo.
SpyraArtisan Blue Sparx Gems: 609
#23 Posted: 22:17:29 14/05/2013
i have no idea because my parents are really ****ing overprotective and then my friends parents are either mean a******s or they don't care or something

so i'm confused as ****
#24 Posted: 22:19:43 14/05/2013
Quote: SpyraArtisan
i have no idea because my parents are really ****ing overprotective and then my friends parents are either mean a******s or they don't care or something

so i'm confused as ****

My grandma's super overprotective and it's kinda frustrating staying with her.
SpyraArtisan Blue Sparx Gems: 609
#25 Posted: 22:21:38 14/05/2013

so i'm confused as ****

same with my father
i can't believe that my parents are still married
#26 Posted: 01:18:54 15/05/2013

so i'm confused as ****

same with my father
i can't believe that my parents are still married

They won't buy me an ax so i can do a lumberjack version of fruit ninja.

smilie, thats a far fetched wish.
Scorpsign Green Sparx Gems: 294
#27 Posted: 01:50:32 15/05/2013
Quote:

A's and a few B's. Anything below is nothing to me.

Quote:
how strict would you be about your child's exercise? would you not make them exercise at all? would you just make them exercise the required amount of time, no more?

I would want my children to be fit and strong. Other than that health is their call.

Quote:

Healthy food. I can't cook **** but I'd learn to keep them well, and not too much sugar.

Quote:

I would only let my kids watch a film like that if they could handle it or if they wanted to. Lying for sites is good.

Quote:
how long would you let your child watch tv/go on the internet for? Would you allow your child Internet acess at all until they reach a certain age? what kind of TV programs would you not let your child watch? you find out your child has been taking drugs, what do you do?

At a young age, I'd keep them generally away from sex and swearing. A drug addict is nothing to me if they can't succeed. If they're doing it under 18, I'd help them in anyway I can. Over 18, depends if I care for them or not.

Quote:

Keep control. Be the mean girl/boy. Take control or end it, or do it myself. I would punish them in whatever way I see fit at the time. Stop it, take them away from what's causing it and help them.

Quote:

8 ;;;;D <3< <3
Both, I'd prefer a girl but I'd like a boy too.

Quote:

Depends how much they take from other kids.

Quote:
what religon would you raise your child to follow?

None. There is no thing good enough in this world as gods.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:21:29 15/05/2013 by Scorpsign
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#28 Posted: 06:20:23 15/05/2013
so far everyone in this topic would make a ****ty parent
especially x treme
oh and spanking is illegal dragoncamo
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 06:34:59 15/05/2013 by arceustheprime
Samius Hunter Gems: 9242
#29 Posted: 16:53:08 15/05/2013
- how strict would you be about your child's grades? would you make them study? would you care if they got an F on a test?

Of course I'd care, and I'd do my best in encouraging my child to study.
I'd probably try to introduce the concept of science to them as soon as they can understand it, and raise my children to respect knowledge and intelligence.

- how strict would you be about your child's excercise? would you not make them exercise at all? would you just make them exercise the required amount of time, no more?

Example is a power tool. If it works on 20-year-old military recruits, it's sure to work on your own child as well.

I'm sure you know what I mean.

- what about food? would you make your child eat his/her five a day? would you let them eat as many sugary foods as they want? would you serve most of your child's meals fresh?

Same as above.

- what about age restrictions? would you let your 12 year old child watch an 18 rated film? would you let your child lie about his/her age to join a website?

As soon as I was sure that my child understands the differences of entertaiment and reality, I wouldn't mind seeing them make their own judgements about what they want to watch /play.

- how long would you let your child watch tv/go on the internet for? Would you allow your child Internet acess at all until they reach a certain age? what kind of TV programmes would you not let your child watch? you find out your child has been taking drugs, what do you do?

Depends on the situation of course, but I think internet is best left to people who are old enough to undertand the whole concept.

If my child was doing drugs, I'd give them plenty of logical reasons as to why he/she should stop.

- what do you say to your child on their first day of school (what advice to you give them)? what do you say to your child if he/she is being bullied? if you were mad at your child, how would you punish them? you find out your child has had sucidcal thoughts, what do you do?

I'd tell them to do the best they can, trust themselves and mind their manners. If they were bullied I'd tell them that I've been through the same, and share some of my own experiences with him/her. I'd also tell them that it's not the end of the world, even if it probably seems that way.

If I was mad at my child, I wouldn't just punish them mindlessly. I'd want them to learn.

If my child had suicidal thoughts, I'd do anything in my power to help them over it.

- how many children would you have? what would you call your child/children? would you rather raise a girl or boy?

One or two, I wouldn't want to divide my attention too much, but I also wouldn't want my children to grow alone.
To be honest, I'd rather have a son. It seems kinda obvious since I'm a guy.

- how much pocket money would you give your child? would you give any at all? how many chores would you make your child do? what kind of school would you make your child go?

I'd give my child some allowance, but other than that I'd want him to earn his money through simple chores etc. It helps them understand the effort you have to make in order to succeed in life.

- what religon would you raise your child to follow?

I'd raise my child to use his/her brains.
#30 Posted: 15:10:00 25/05/2013
IMO, I don't like the way kids are being raised nowadays. Teachers getting blamed for bad grades, spanking being considered child abuse, it's awful. I never got spanked often, but when I did, you can bet that I never did whatever I got punished for again. When I bring home bad grades, I get yelled at, not my teacher. I'm not saying you should blame your child for everything, of course, but it's the way I was raised, the way my parents were raised, and the way my friends and their parents were raised. They all turned out just fine. This younger generation is being raised the total opposite way, and look what's becoming of them. Sad thing is, they're our future.

I don't want our President to be a child who's never been spanked, and I don't want Congress to be made up of kids who got trophies just for participating.
#31 Posted: 15:27:34 25/05/2013
I've never been spanked and I'm just fine.
#32 Posted: 15:54:18 25/05/2013
Quote: Spyrobaro
@Metallo: I get yelled at for bad grades. Anything that's a C and below. And even so, I get told that I need to try and get better if I get a B in any of my classes. :/ Also, I used to get spanked, but not anymore.

I get cussed out for B's and sometimes even low A's. And good, that means you started acting right.
BeanyBeans Emerald Sparx Gems: 3061
#33 Posted: 23:57:27 25/05/2013
i would call them by their online handles and if they were to misbehave i would leave a present on their bed
---
My avatar: Halo 5
Ash Starkindle Gold Sparx Gems: 2625
#34 Posted: 00:14:03 26/05/2013
1. Anything under a B- is not good. I wouldn't punish them, I'd just make them study more. And I'd help them.
2. I'd make them exercize at least half an hour each day.
3. Three regular meals, with maybe one or two snacks. Depends on how good they are.
4. I might let them watch an R-rated movie, as long a I'm with them. I would not let them lie to join a site.
5. Unlimited time. I'd let them go online around age 8. They wouldn't be allowed to watch adult shows without me. If my kid took drugs, I'd help them in any way I could.
6. I would tell them to be unique and show their inner star but not to be too goofy. If they were bullied, I'd help in any way. I would probably limit technology time. If thy were thinking bad thoughts, I'd help in any way.
7. Three. A girl named Naomi, a boy named Joell, and the third one does not matter, I'd name it Hunter.
8. Around $5-$10 a week. Only a few chores.
9. The Christian religion.
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6072
#35 Posted: 00:24:01 26/05/2013
Don't feel like answering all right now, but I want 1 boy and 1 girl. The girl shall be named Tera with the middle name of Elena.

As far as religion goes, primarilly Christianity, though if they chose to to believe something else, I would accept it.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#36 Posted: 00:37:23 26/05/2013
Quote: Metallo
IMO, I don't like the way kids are being raised nowadays. Teachers getting blamed for bad grades, spanking being considered child abuse, it's awful. I never got spanked often, but when I did, you can bet that I never did whatever I got punished for again. When I bring home bad grades, I get yelled at, not my teacher. I'm not saying you should blame your child for everything, of course, but it's the way I was raised, the way my parents were raised, and the way my friends and their parents were raised. They all turned out just fine. This younger generation is being raised the total opposite way, and look what's becoming of them. Sad thing is, they're our future.

I don't want our President to be a child who's never been spanked, and I don't want Congress to be made up of kids who got trophies just for participating.

well spanking kinda is ****ing child abuse, also i'd like to point out that everyone isn't like you, you may have learned from spanking but many others did not. also why the **** would you yell at your kids just for a sheet of paper, the education system is screwed up anyway plus you could ACTUALLY HELP THEM get good grades by idk helping them study and ****. theres also that fact that you could also make your kids afraid of you by yelling at them, i know that from experience.
#37 Posted: 01:05:13 26/05/2013
Quote: arceustheprime

well spanking kinda is ****ing child abuse, also i'd like to point out that everyone isn't like you, you may have learned from spanking but many others did not. also why the **** would you yell at your kids just for a sheet of paper, the education system is screwed up anyway plus you could ACTUALLY HELP THEM get good grades by idk helping them study and ****. theres also that fact that you could also make your kids afraid of you by yelling at them, i know that from experience.

I never said I'd yell at my kids, I'm just saying what's happened to me. I'm saying that the teachers shouldn't be blamed all the time. And I know that, it scared me, too. I'm just saying how screwed up this upcoming generation is. And I'd like to add that that is precisely why spanking is used as a last resort punishment. I'm not saying parents should spank their kids for every little thing, but sometimes that's just what a kid needs. IMO, spanking is child abuse when it's done very often for trivial reasons. But when it's used sparingly, as a last resort punishment, it works quite well. Just saying.
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#38 Posted: 01:16:19 26/05/2013

Any competent parent won't yell at the teacher if the kid gets a bad grade.

Quote: Spyrobaro
i can't be bothered to answer all the questions (besides i have to go to school in like 4 minutes) but there's one thing for sure

if a site is 13+ i'm not letting them lie for it because it's actually for legal reasons most likely

I tried joining an MLP forum once.

It wasn't adults only, infact it was VERY Child-friendly.

You had to be over 13.....
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:32:02 26/05/2013 by CommanderGame
#39 Posted: 01:18:10 26/05/2013
Quote: CommanderGame

Any competent parent won't yell at the teacher if the kid gets a bad grade.

Keyword: Competent.

Not many competent parents these days.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me