Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Interview with Lorne Balfe, composer of Skylanders
Page 1 of 1
Interview with Lorne Balfe, composer of Skylanders [CLOSED]
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#1 Posted: 16:55:23 12/05/2013 | Topic Creator

I don't think this was ever seen on the forums before, the interview took place six months ago.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#2 Posted: 19:30:30 12/05/2013
I will say this. Spyro's Adventure had some errors with sound mixing. Some of the tracks really didn't loop properly. This was especially apparent for the bosses. Giants had significantly better mixing... and also better tracks in general. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
HarmHero Green Sparx Gems: 423
#3 Posted: 20:20:51 12/05/2013
Ha, he was completely different that what I thought he would be like smilie

But more on topic: I have both soundtracks (iTunes ftw) and I really enjoy the one from Giants more. The soundtrack from S.A. is the same theme all over every track, but with different moods, instruments, melodies etc. Giants has a more varied track, more different and memorable tunes and better orchastration. I really like the tracks from the Vault of Secrets (with it Christmassy bell-tune somewhere in the middle) and the one from Willikin Village. Brillant melody, both haunting and happy.

Really looking forward to SF soundtrack. Hopefully Lorne Balfe will do it again :-)
---
Skylanders Collection App is available for iPhone and iPod touch!
Check http://www.skylanderscollectionapp.com for details :-)
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#4 Posted: 00:34:23 13/05/2013 | Topic Creator
Well at least the tracks got better in Giants on so many levels. I really can't wait to listen to theme he will give Kaos for the Swap Force boss fight( if Lorne's returning for Swap Force).

And does anyone find it funny that Hans Zimmer, who, composed the main themes for Spyro's Adventure and Giants; is often mistaken for creating the entire soundtrack? I wonder Lorne feels about that.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#5 Posted: 01:17:26 13/05/2013
Quote: spyrocrash
Well at least the tracks got better in Giants on so many levels. I really can't wait to listen to theme he will give Kaos for the Swap Force boss fight( if Lorne's returning for Swap Force).

And does anyone find it funny that Hans Zimmer, who, composed the main themes for Spyro's Adventure and Giants; is often mistaken for creating the entire soundtrack? I wonder Lorne feels about that.

Well, considering Zimmer is Balfe's boss, he probably can't say much about it. But the two have worked together on several projects, including another Activision blockbuster, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, and EA's Crysis 2. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me