Page 1 of 1
Defective toy [CLOSED]
seablossom Yellow Sparx Gems: 1894
#1 Posted: 14:58:55 06/05/2013 | Topic Creator
I think I've finally bought my first defective S2 character. The S2 Bash I had bought a few days ago works fine on Hard and I did have him leveled up far enough to get to the paths and I completed all the heroic challenges (I only have 21 on Giants). I switch over to Nightmare and it gives me the "ERROR CAN'T PLAY THIS SKYLANDER" screen of death like you would if you put a Giants Core character on SSA. After a few seconds the screen goes away and he loads himself but he's back a couple levels, his upgrades are gone back to nothing and only 5 heroic challenges are done. I thought maybe it'd be a one time thing and I played him again on Hard earlier and did all the heroic challenges, leveled him up and bought upgrades to the paths once more - this time when I switched over to nightmare, he had 9 heroic challenges done but kept his leveling up and was missing two upgrades.

WHAT the shizzle? smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:34:11 06/05/2013 by seablossom
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#2 Posted: 16:29:02 06/05/2013
That's a very strange figure glitch. Most people usually say that when the figure stops working, it stops totally. Never heard of a figure that regressed.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
#3 Posted: 22:29:56 06/05/2013 | Topic Creator
That would be my kind of luck, picking that Bash out of a huge lot LOL
ItalianGamer97 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1378
#4 Posted: 01:40:43 07/05/2013
There's probably something up with your portal or your particular Bash figure. If your portal works fine otherwise, you might want to call Activision for a replacement Bash. Sorry for your luck, though.
---
And to prevent confusion, I am in the U.S. and I am part Italian.
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#5 Posted: 02:24:16 07/05/2013
Can you submit a picture of you doing this action? This is possibly the most strangest figure error ever.
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#6 Posted: 03:30:06 07/05/2013
It's always Bash. First time I used him in SG he glitched everything up and I had to turn off everything and turn it back on again.
I think all the Hex's cursed all the Bash's. If you see a Hex close to a Bash, don't buy it :P they're jealous of not getting a legendary form.
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#7 Posted: 04:05:07 07/05/2013
Just sounds like the usual save glitch, that your portal isn't saving properly and the save is getting corrupted. I usually hear one or the other. I've experienced both, but luckily not in the same figure.

I have a few figures which like to give the "Can't read" error, if I relocate them to another part of the portal, they read just fine, though hopefully I don't bump the portal or figure, LOL!

For the save, sometimes it seems to get lazy or give up without telling you. I find if I pick up money after accomplishing something (like finishing a quest or levelling up), that the money tends to make it save right NOW. Since I've been doing this I haven't experienced the Save glitch anymore.
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
#8 Posted: 04:42:48 07/05/2013 | Topic Creator
I'll try to get a hold of my mom's camera to see if I can show you guys what it's doing. I haven't checked my other figures since this happened with Bash so I'm hoping it hasn't corrupted the rest of them if it's the portal's fault smilie. I never touched Bash on the portal when I switched from Hard to Nightmare so I'm unsure why it does the "can't read" error at first then fixes itself, it's realllly weird. I made sure it saved on both difficulty modes anyway just to see if it was something about my switching too fast and not giving it time to save but it still does it with leveling him down or his upgrades no longer exist.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me