Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Where do you guys level up? [CLOSED]
azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#1 Posted: 15:18:04 05/05/2013 | Topic Creator
So In am preparing for my first run of nightmare mode and I am upgrading and levelling up all of my skylanders.I have a way to upgrade them but I don't know what level is best for levelling them up.Do you guys know where the best area is?
---
Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
Terreneflame Blue Sparx Gems: 943
#2 Posted: 15:25:12 05/05/2013
I do the first half of level 15, up until the puzzle with the roboto ball, as that feels like it takes too much time, so i just restart the level- with all 4 experience wheels and the 350% exp bonus you can max a 'lander very quickly
#3 Posted: 15:27:08 05/05/2013 | Topic Creator
Thanks.I also am aiming to level all of my S1 also since I did not get all my S1s fully powered last time.I am going to be dead by the time I am done.
---
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#4 Posted: 15:29:34 05/05/2013
/set difficulty easy

Then spam Level 15.

This isn't what I do- but I can tell you that it works.

And OP, if you think that's a lot to do, try fully upgrading everyone, all quests, and all Heroics. Trust me. It's pretty much a surefire way to make you hate yourself. smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:31:03 05/05/2013 by GamingMaster_76
#5 Posted: 15:31:14 05/05/2013 | Topic Creator
Thanks.smilie
---
#6 Posted: 15:34:08 05/05/2013
Oh yeah easy makes it alot faster.
I don't currently hate myself and i have 70 figures maxed out, all 45/50 heroics, all quests and level 15- its oddly relaxing grinding away on simple tasks, lets my brain shut down smilie
#7 Posted: 15:34:49 05/05/2013 | Topic Creator
Wow!How long did it take?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:35:09 05/05/2013 by azz01
#8 Posted: 16:31:26 05/05/2013
errr i don't know? Ninjini i did today in 3-4 hours from sealed to maxed out, the weaker characters like shroomboom took longer.
Maybe one day i'll add up the play time on my figures- or maybe i wont depress myself lol
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#9 Posted: 17:47:52 05/05/2013
Yeah, just do the heroics with XP wheels. Amazing how quick you level up, plus you get a stronger character to boot. Getting the gold for the upgrades is another thing, though.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
#10 Posted: 18:10:33 05/05/2013
getting gold is easy with the Gem Cheat
Doing heroics alone will only get you to level 11-12, even after doing all 50 smilie, thats where other levelling is required
Hexblazer Blue Sparx Gems: 895
#11 Posted: 18:36:52 05/05/2013
Chapter 16 - I can level a skylander maxed in less than 35 mins
#12 Posted: 19:17:54 05/05/2013 | Topic Creator
Thanks guys and what is the gem cheat?I was using the unlimited vault in the game room glitch to get money.
---
LegendaryFlames Emerald Sparx Gems: 3791
#13 Posted: 19:41:17 05/05/2013
I just play the arena attack things with Brock.
---
smilie@Jetbytes everywhere elsesmilie
Tel Prydain Blue Sparx Gems: 903
#14 Posted: 21:10:25 05/05/2013
Grinding levels can be fun (just spend time in the arena, or in favorate levels, messing up some faces), but grinding heroics is mind-killing.
I often take S2 characters through grinding and heroics in SSA sometimes, just for variety. Get character-levels 1-10 in SSA levels, and character-levels 11-15 in Giant's levels.
---
My collection: 98/99
Photos: http://s1298.photobucket.com/u...rary/Skylanders
Looking for: smilie
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#15 Posted: 04:15:25 06/05/2013
Quote: Terreneflame
I do the first half of level 15, up until the puzzle with the roboto ball, as that feels like it takes too much time, so i just restart the level- with all 4 experience wheels and the 350% exp bonus you can max a 'lander very quickly

Gotta disagree with you, I always go past the roboto ball. The fight after is a BIG one, don't know how many characters I took almost completely from Level 14 to Level 15 on just that one fight. With the big enemies and the mage calling up endless green monsters, there's a LOT of XP for this one fight. smilie

Quote: azz01
Thanks guys and what is the gem cheat?I was using the unlimited vault in the game room glitch to get money.

My take has been that the vault room isn't a glitch, that they made it unlimited on purpose. They also made the Hidden Dragon Treasures unlimited. I feel like it's Activision recognizing that there's a LOT to buy now. In addition to more characters need to buy upgrades, now there's "team" purchases like hats and Skystones.

The Gem Cheat is that after you defeat Kaos, a huge amount of money appears on the crane deck. If you collect it then force-quit the game (without collecting the Winged Sapphire, which forces a save. Or collecting the Sapphire before defeating Kaos), the money saves to the figure but the game doesn't have the chance to save/remember that the money is gone, so you can get it again. People usually backup their save file, so if the game saves somehow you can restore and get the gems back.
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
#16 Posted: 14:26:44 06/05/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: niceguy1

Gotta disagree with you, I always go past the roboto ball. The fight after is a BIG one, don't know how many characters I took almost completely from Level 14 to Level 15 on just that one fight. With the big enemies and the mage calling up endless green monsters, there's a LOT of XP for this one fight. smilie

Quote: azz01

My take has been that the vault room isn't a glitch, that they made it unlimited on purpose. They also made the Hidden Dragon Treasures unlimited. I feel like it's Activision recognizing that there's a LOT to buy now. In addition to more characters need to buy upgrades, now there's "team" purchases like hats and Skystones.

The Gem Cheat is that after you defeat Kaos, a huge amount of money appears on the crane deck. If you collect it then force-quit the game (without collecting the Winged Sapphire, which forces a save. Or collecting the Sapphire before defeating Kaos), the money saves to the figure but the game doesn't have the chance to save/remember that the money is gone, so you can get it again. People usually backup their save file, so if the game saves somehow you can restore and get the gems back.

Thanks.You are really a nice guy.
---
#17 Posted: 03:42:57 07/05/2013
Thanks, I try. smilie

If you want to try it yourself, note that I said "FORCE-quit". This does NOT mean to pause the game and quit. This means like unplugging the power, or on an XBox or PS3 to press the XBox/PS3 button and telling the CONSOLE to exit the game, or on the Wii to press the Home button and do the same. Taking control away from the game so it can't save on the way out. smilie
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
#18 Posted: 15:07:49 07/05/2013 | Topic Creator
Thanks, I try. smilie

If you want to try it yourself, note that I said "FORCE-quit". This does NOT mean to pause the game and quit. This means like unplugging the power, or on an XBox or PS3 to press the XBox/PS3 button and telling the CONSOLE to exit the game, or on the Wii to press the Home button and do the same. Taking control away from the game so it can't save on the way out. smilie

So since I play on xbox I press the xbox button on the controler to go back to the xbox home menu,right?
---
#19 Posted: 21:28:32 07/05/2013
Yep- press the big old green x and exit to dashboard, works fine that way
As you are on xbox i very much recommend making a back up svae to the cloud (assumng your internet connected) that way f you screw up and collect the winged saphire by accdent you can overwite the screwed up save with your back up and carry on- done this trick with 70 'landers, had to reload 3 or 4 times, its easy to get a bt too close once you start getting cocky smilie
#20 Posted: 09:12:04 08/05/2013
Yeah, I'm also on an XBox, but wanted to make the instructions more generic, and I don't know what "XBox Home" is called on the PS3, LOL!

I'm aiming to see if I can backup my save file to a USB key. I think it's silly I can't just back it up somewhere else on the HD (Terreneflame right here is the first time I've ever seen anybody mention that you need a destination to backup to). Mine is internet connected, but apparently I'm not part of any cloud, I think I only had the HD available and it wouldn't do it. I also have no interest in this cloud storage thing, I prefer to keep my data for myself, so I'd rather not start down that path, LOL!

I still haven't tried this glitch, I heard about it after I had already completed my standard game to 100% and had finished Nightmare (and collected said gems and sapphire), so I'm working an Easy save up to this point.
---
#21 Posted: 10:26:45 08/05/2013
I signed up for cloud storage JUST for backing up skylanders, its all i will ever use it for, and i'll disable it as soon as i've finished with the cheat- all it takes in a change of settings on your xbox to enable it.
You can back up to a USB key- you'll probably need to format it to allow the xbox to use it- at leasts thats what mine wanted-
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#22 Posted: 11:49:35 08/05/2013
As you are on xbox i very much recommend making a back up svae to the cloud (assumng your internet connected) that way f you screw up and collect the winged saphire by accdent you can overwite the screwed up save with your back up and carry on- done this trick with 70 'landers, had to reload 3 or 4 times, its easy to get a bt too close once you start getting cocky smilie

Or you can get the Winged Sapphire after completing Chapter 14 or 15 and voila smilie
#23 Posted: 14:36:02 08/05/2013 | Topic Creator
Yeah I collected the winged sapphire before I completed the game.Thank you all and because of this I have all of my S1,S2,lC,newlanders and giants all fully upgraded and now I just need to level them all up to 15,but I am going to abandon the game until the last five I need are released in singles.If you are wondering who I need,they are Jet-Vac,S2 Drobot,LC,Chill,LC Pop Fizz and LC Hex.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:41:26 08/05/2013 by azz01
Cozmo Blue Sparx Gems: 770
#24 Posted: 16:42:46 08/05/2013
Molekin mountain is the place for quick xp and cash.
#25 Posted: 17:27:37 08/05/2013
Quote: CommanderGame

Or you can get the Winged Sapphire after completing Chapter 14 or 15 and voila smilie

No no you can't- i tried that and the gems didn't respawn after exiting out- you can't take the sapphire if you want it to work
#26 Posted: 18:16:45 08/05/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: CommanderGame

No no you can't- i tried that and the gems didn't respawn after exiting out- you can't take the sapphire if you want it to work

I got the winged sapphire after chapter 14 and the gems respawned for me.
---
#27 Posted: 19:06:55 08/05/2013
Weird mine didn't work- oh well random glitch is random
Hexblazer Blue Sparx Gems: 895
#28 Posted: 09:22:59 09/05/2013
^ not all S2 can be played to SSA
#29 Posted: 11:04:17 09/05/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: SPARXisAWESOME
If you have SSA you can easily take all your S1 and S2 characters over there to level up.
It's much quicker than in Giants smilie

I was thinking that but most of my S2 are all level 1 since I mainly collected them for the sake of completion and I find I rather train them to about level 5 before I take my S2 to Quicksilver Vault in SSA.
---
#30 Posted: 13:49:19 09/05/2013
Its slower in SSA to level than Giants, Giants gives you much bigger xp bonus's and of course you'd have to do levels 10-15 in Giants anyway- which is where the majority of the total experience needed is.
You might of course prefer SSA occationally for a change, but its not quicker..
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#31 Posted: 14:31:28 10/05/2013
Quote: Tel Prydain
Grinding levels can be fun (just spend time in the arena, or in favorate levels, messing up some faces), but grinding heroics is mind-killing.
I often take S2 characters through grinding and heroics in SSA sometimes, just for variety. Get character-levels 1-10 in SSA levels, and character-levels 11-15 in Giant's levels.

Yeah, I vary it up....heroics, levels etc. It all gets done eventually.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#32 Posted: 14:58:24 11/05/2013
doing the arena is good.
NiHenChou Green Sparx Gems: 101
#33 Posted: 11:35:23 13/05/2013
Thanks, I try. smilie

I actually find that a good way to get money but the thing is force shutting down your console is bad for the console, plus it takes a whole ton of time to reopen the game
---
Hate the stores in Canada. No good skylanders on sale.
Love Trigger Happy and Pop Fizz, they're like brothers.
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#34 Posted: 01:16:28 14/05/2013
Quote: NiHenChou
Thanks, I try. smilie

I actually find that a good way to get money but the thing is force shutting down your console is bad for the console, plus it takes a whole ton of time to reopen the game

i dunno about you but when I had the cheat ( I WAS STUPID AND GOT THE SAPPHIRE AS i WAS GETTING THE MONEY) I just pressed the PS button on my dualshock , quit teh game et voila!
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#35 Posted: 11:54:52 14/05/2013
Here is how I am leveling

First I complete all 45 heroic challenges with the hidden treasure and luck o tron wheels set to money. By the time I have completed all 45 challenges the character I am using is around Level 12 and has enough money to buy most of the upgrades. Then I complete the arena artist, I will then complete any quest that needs completing, usually most of the quest will be completed during the heroics except for arena artist, PVP 10 wins and Elemental damage. I will then set up a PVP so I can complete my elemental damage and 10 wins which also nets cash and XP for winning. After doing all this if there is any XP required I will finish them off in level 16.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#36 Posted: 13:07:58 14/05/2013
Quote: mantez
First I complete all 45 heroic challenges with the hidden treasure and luck o tron wheels set to money.

Do heroic challenges give you money with Wealth Luck-O-Tron wheels? I don't think I get any money on heroics (with Power or Experience wheels, anyway - haven't tried Wealth).
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#37 Posted: 14:03:17 14/05/2013
iirc you can use Hidden Treasure in them
ItalianGamer97 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1378
#38 Posted: 21:01:42 14/05/2013
Yeah, I'm also on an XBox, but wanted to make the instructions more generic, and I don't know what "XBox Home" is called on the PS3, LOL!

I'm aiming to see if I can backup my save file to a USB key. I think it's silly I can't just back it up somewhere else on the HD (Terreneflame right here is the first time I've ever seen anybody mention that you need a destination to backup to). Mine is internet connected, but apparently I'm not part of any cloud, I think I only had the HD available and it wouldn't do it. I also have no interest in this cloud storage thing, I prefer to keep my data for myself, so I'd rather not start down that path, LOL!

I still haven't tried this glitch, I heard about it after I had already completed my standard game to 100% and had finished Nightmare (and collected said gems and sapphire), so I'm working an Easy save up to this point.

BOLD: The version of the Xbox home button on the PS3 is called the PS (PlayStation) button. If that helped, you can thank me later.
---
And to prevent confusion, I am in the U.S. and I am part Italian.
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#39 Posted: 21:30:39 14/05/2013
Quote: Himewad
Quote: mantez
First I complete all 45 heroic challenges with the hidden treasure and luck o tron wheels set to money.

Do heroic challenges give you money with Wealth Luck-O-Tron wheels? I don't think I get any money on heroics (with Power or Experience wheels, anyway - haven't tried Wealth).

Only if you have the hidden treasure on and you manage to find the chest during the Heroic (which isn't too hard as it's usually in a direct path).
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
#40 Posted: 21:51:25 14/05/2013
Well, here's how I prefer to max out my 'landers in Giants:

For XP:

1. Change the difficulty to easy

2. Set all four Experience wheels in the Luck-o-Tron

3. Go to Chapter 15 and play until either the Roboto-ball puzzle, or the light-beam puzzle at the end of the level.

4. Repeat #3 until satisfied with results.

Also, if you're lacking some upgrades, try this:
For Upgrades:

1. Go to the Game Room on the ship. (If you have all four Luck-o-tron wheels of wealth, you might want to set those before going there. Haven't tried it with the four wheels of wealth in the luck-o-tron, but I will update when I can.)

2. You should notice gates with the element symbols closing when you enter the room.

3. Switch to a Skylander of the element shown on the gate, and then attack the gate with that character.

4. Repeat #3 for each gate until the gems inside are revealed, then switch to the Skylander you want to upgrade.

5. Repeat entire procedure until all upgrades (or at least the ones you want) are bought.

Enjoy your maxed-out 'landers, and I wish you good luck with nightmare mode. I've heard that it gets pretty hard around Chapter 8 or so. Your mileage may vary of course. I was thinking of trying nightmare mode in my game, but i'll hold off until I could get S2 Chop Chop and Crusher and have both of them all maxed out.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:01:09 18/05/2013 by ItalianGamer97
#41 Posted: 19:12:58 18/05/2013
Quote: ItalianGamer97

BOLD: The version of the Xbox home button on the PS3 is called the PS (PlayStation) button. If that helped, you can thank me later.

No it didn't, not even slightly, but thanks for trying, LOL! I'm quite aware as to what the BUTTON is called, I mean once you press the appropriate button and exit the game, the mode the system is in when it isn't in any game. On XBox this mode is called "XBox Home", when you press the button the command is something to the effect of "Exit to XBox Home". On the PS3 I've been in this mode, the mode I'm speaking of you can choose to start the game on the disc or one of the games on the hard drive, and you can switch between gamer profiles, you can adjust system settings like the date and network settings, etc.

Logically the name might be "Playstaton Home", but I suspect not, as that's too much like the XBox. smilie

For Upgrades:

1. Go to the Game Room on the ship. (If you have all four Luck-o-tron wheels of wealth, you might want to set those before going there. Haven't tried it with the four wheels of wealth in the luck-o-tron, but I will update when I can.)

2. You should notice gates with the element symbols closing when you enter the room.

3. Switch to a Skylander of the element shown on the gate.

4. Repeat #3 for each gate until the gems inside are revealed, then switch to the Skylander you want to upgrade.

5. Repeat entire procedure until all upgrades (or at least the ones you want) are bought.

Enjoy your maxed-out 'landers, and I wish you good luck with nightmare mode. I've heard that it gets pretty hard around Chapter 8 or so. Your mileage may vary of course. I was thinking of trying nightmare mode in my game, but i'll hold off until I could get S2 Chop Chop and Crusher and have both of them all maxed out.

3.5) Attack the door
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:17:31 18/05/2013 by niceguy1
#42 Posted: 21:07:55 18/05/2013

No it didn't, not even slightly, but thanks for trying, LOL! I'm quite aware as to what the BUTTON is called, I mean once you press the appropriate button and exit the game, the mode the system is in when it isn't in any game. On XBox this mode is called "XBox Home", when you press the button the command is something to the effect of "Exit to XBox Home". On the PS3 I've been in this mode, the mode I'm speaking of you can choose to start the game on the disc or one of the games on the hard drive, and you can switch between gamer profiles, you can adjust system settings like the date and network settings, etc.

Logically the name might be "Playstaton Home", but I suspect not, as that's too much like the XBox. smilie

For Upgrades:

3. Switch to a Skylander of the element shown on the gate.

3.5) Attack the door

BOLD: Edited #3. see my post with the upgrade procedure I listed.
and oh, the mode you were speaking of is called the XMB, the menu interface of the PS3.
---
#43 Posted: 21:21:47 18/05/2013
On the PS3 I've been in this mode, the mode I'm speaking of you can choose to start the game on the disc or one of the games on the hard drive, and you can switch between gamer profiles, you can adjust system settings like the date and network settings, etc.

As I said, the mode you are speaking of is called the XMB, the PS3's menu interface. You can access it while in-game as well. although some functions require you to quit the game to do said function, it sounds similar to this "Xbox Home" you're referring to.

P.s. I don't really know how the Xbox interface works, since I don't have one, (And I prefer PS3) so I apologize for any confusion on my part.
---
#44 Posted: 20:41:51 19/05/2013
Yeah, that sounds about right. Makes me wonder where "XMB" came from, LOL! My friend has a PS3, the area I'm talking about, if there are certain games in, it changes the whole theme and look when you highlight the game. I feel like I remember him having a Star Trek game on his hard drive, when he highlighted it the background graphic changes to a cool pic of the Enterprise or something. I always get a kick out of that, found it to be a nice touch.
---
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6081
#45 Posted: 22:14:05 19/05/2013
Yeah, that sounds about right. Makes me wonder where "XMB" came from, LOL! My friend has a PS3, the area I'm talking about, if there are certain games in, it changes the whole theme and look when you highlight the game. I feel like I remember him having a Star Trek game on his hard drive, when he highlighted it the background graphic changes to a cool pic of the Enterprise or something. I always get a kick out of that, found it to be a nice touch.

It changes the background when you highlight a game or save file on the PSP too. Cool thing is, you can plug your PSP into your computer, dig through the files, and actually copy the background of the save file into your images folder so that you can use the game/save background (they're often the same) as your main background. I'm sure there's a way where one could do the same with a PS3.

Anyway, XMB stands for Cross(X) Media Bar.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#46 Posted: 23:05:24 19/05/2013

Yeah, and some games have music playing when you highlight them in the XMB. The music's usually related to the game in a way, whether heard in the game itself or not.
---
Shroomy_Boomy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1143
#47 Posted: 13:33:09 21/05/2013

Yeah, and some games have music playing when you highlight them in the XMB. The music's usually related to the game in a way, whether heard in the game itself or not.

I know this is a little off topic, but since you're talking about PS themes here... Are there any good Skylanders or Spyro themes for Playstation?? I've looked and had no luck, which surprised me since they're saturated most other retail markets!! lol

...And on topic, for leveling up I agree with doing the heroics... I'll do a HC then exit and collect from the gem glitch, do anther HC, collect gem glitch, repeat! That way i can keep up with buying their upgrades as they level up!! smilie
---
67/67+GITD:smiliesmiliesmilieAEsmilie ROCKsmilie&smilieGLITTERsmilie&smilieSNOWsmilie

37/37+All Sidekix~WERDS~Blusmilie~Flockedsmilie~GITDsmilie~GREENsmilie~CLEARsmilie~CHROMEsmilie
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6081
#48 Posted: 21:03:52 21/05/2013
Quote: Shroomy_Boomy

I know this is a little off topic, but since you're talking about PS themes here... Are there any good Skylanders or Spyro themes for Playstation?? I've looked and had no luck, which surprised me since they're saturated most other retail markets!! lol

...And on topic, for leveling up I agree with doing the heroics... I'll do a HC then exit and collect from the gem glitch, do anther HC, collect gem glitch, repeat! That way i can keep up with buying their upgrades as they level up!! smilie

Since Skylanders isn't a PlayStation exclusive, it is VERY unlikely there'll be anything official for them. However, if one were to dig enough one could find unofficial things. However, I do not know the legality of such.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me