darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > Is S1 pose of S2 Double Trouble worth it?
Page 1 of 1
Is S1 pose of S2 Double Trouble worth it? [CLOSED]
GhostToaster Green Sparx Gems: 132
#1 Posted: 03:38:21 05/05/2013 | Topic Creator
I currently have Series 1, Series 2, and Royal Double Trouble and have had them all since each was released but here lately I've been debating on buying what is dubbed "Series 1.5" Double Trouble, the Series 1 pose on an orange base from the non Gamestop Battlegrounds pack. My issue is I wonder if its really worth it to have him as I do collect all in game variants and essentially he is just another pose of a Series 2 but not a variant as in anyway different in game from his regular Series 2 posed figure. So I'm basically looking for opinions before I jump into buying him. What do you think?
Terreneflame Blue Sparx Gems: 943
#2 Posted: 07:44:34 05/05/2013
I Guess it depends on if you'll feel as if your collection would be incomplete without him? He is a different figure, but in all other ways is just series 2 double trouble..
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#3 Posted: 10:44:55 05/05/2013
If you really want to do the collecting thing seriously, like have ALL of the SSA figures and variants and ALL of the Giants figures and variants, then yeah, it's different than the others, if only vaguely (after all, physically it's the exact same as S1 except the thin piece of plastic on the bottom, and in game it's the same as your Series 2, as far as I know). A true collection has all varieties, or strives for it. If you're not going to try THAT hard, then skip it. Just remember that adopting a "Gotta have them all" mentality would include getting the RIDONKULOUSLY hard to get ones, like the Flocked Gold Prism Break - usually referred to as the Employee Prism Break - which was given to Activision employees as a Christmas gift with the express instructions not to sell them. I think they go for like $300 and up on eBay, some rising over $1,000 (because of the huge prices I haven't even looked, so I don't know any exact prices). And I don't think he even looks different in the game, LOL!
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:47:10 05/05/2013 by niceguy1
#4 Posted: 11:23:05 05/05/2013
Does anyone actually have the series 1.5 DT? Is his card any different to the series 2?
t7gga Yellow Sparx Gems: 1726
#5 Posted: 11:37:38 05/05/2013
double trouble cards ...

[User Posted Image]

1. s1 double trouble
2. s2 double trouble
3. s1/s2 double trouble
4. royal double trouble
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#6 Posted: 12:36:00 05/05/2013
Woah, Royal has worse stats than S2 Double Trouble?
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#7 Posted: 15:23:54 05/05/2013
Thanks t7gga, now i need to decided if the difference makes me want to get him :s

Quote: Matteomax
Woah, Royal has worse stats than S2 Double Trouble?

Yeah that is weird, i stil don't really understand why RDT didn't get the smae stat ups as all the rest of the giants variants..
#8 Posted: 00:10:46 06/05/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: niceguy1
If you really want to do the collecting thing seriously, like have ALL of the SSA figures and variants and ALL of the Giants figures and variants, then yeah, it's different than the others, if only vaguely (after all, physically it's the exact same as S1 except the thin piece of plastic on the bottom, and in game it's the same as your Series 2, as far as I know). A true collection has all varieties, or strives for it. If you're not going to try THAT hard, then skip it. Just remember that adopting a "Gotta have them all" mentality would include getting the RIDONKULOUSLY hard to get ones, like the Flocked Gold Prism Break - usually referred to as the Employee Prism Break - which was given to Activision employees as a Christmas gift with the express instructions not to sell them. I think they go for like $300 and up on eBay, some rising over $1,000 (because of the huge prices I haven't even looked, so I don't know any exact prices). And I don't think he even looks different in the game, LOL!

I do have all SSAs and current SGs except "chase" variants which I don't really care for, and I do consider myself a serious collector, I have been with Skylanders since the pre-order of Spyro's Adventure. Its like you said, physically like a S1 but in game like S2. My issue still stands, basically if I get Double Trouble 1.5, I will have 2 of the same Double Trouble in game but 2 different figures physically. It almost like a chase variant except without the "special" tag to its name in game, but unlike a variant of a different color as they show up different in game. My brain is going to explode.
#9 Posted: 04:23:33 06/05/2013
In a way, since he's the only cross-over (as far as I know), that kinda makes him more desirable, LOL!
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
CTFdad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1439
#10 Posted: 05:41:37 07/05/2013
Yes - even more so since you can pick up the whole battlegrounds set from GS for $40 and get 2 free sidekicks. If you're not into sidekicks sell them and bring your cost basis down.
---
"Shut up and take my money already!"
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6081
#11 Posted: 15:45:22 07/05/2013
Quote: CTFdad
Yes - even more so since you can pick up the whole battlegrounds set from GS for $40 and get 2 free sidekicks. If you're not into sidekicks sell them and bring your cost basis down.

How can you get 2? Yes it's 1 for every $19.98, but it's a limit of one per transaction. Buying Battlegrounds or any starter for that matter would only get you 1 sidekick.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#12 Posted: 03:31:43 08/05/2013
My GS scanned the 39.99 battlegrounds and two side kicks for 999.99 x2 and it worked. I tried to get the $10 off starter pack McD coupon but that didn't work. If it had I would've added another $10 figure to get the total above above $40. I can scan the receipt for proof if need be. I see what you mean about 1 per 19.98 transaction now that you mentioned it. Maybe I got lucky.
---
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6081
#13 Posted: 03:37:42 08/05/2013
My GS scanned the 39.99 battlegrounds and two side kicks for 999.99 x2 and it worked. I tried to get the $10 off starter pack McD coupon but that didn't work. If it had I would've added another $10 figure to get the total above above $40. I can scan the receipt for proof if need be. I see what you mean about 1 per 19.98 transaction now that you mentioned it. Maybe I got lucky.

I don't need the proof, but yeah I think you got lucky. Not something I would try, but something that could happen.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#14 Posted: 07:10:41 08/05/2013 | Topic Creator

Well as I said in the initial post I have Royal Double Trouble, which is from the Gamestop Battlegrounds set, so that won't work and as I also said I would need the NON Gamestop Battlegrounds set for Double Trouble 1.5. Plus I have had the sidekicks since Frito-Lay started the promotion.
#15 Posted: 03:01:38 09/05/2013
Ah missed in the original post. That said then I wouldn't even bother unless you really are a must have every variation of the characters type collector.
---
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#16 Posted: 03:23:13 09/05/2013
Nothing wrong with having Double trouble(best skylander) on both paths.
#17 Posted: 14:01:29 09/05/2013
He has THREE double troubles already, two of which are series 2 so can path swap- i think both paths are covered smilie

Ghosttoaster i honestly think it comes down to how "complete" your collection feels without series 1.5 Double Trouble- if its going to bother you not having him just get him- the set much be dirty cheap in the US by now..
#18 Posted: 03:51:38 11/05/2013
Target will drop Battlegrounds to $35 on the 19th. If they allow the McD $10 off starter coupon then you can get it for $25. Keep your 1.5 DT and sell the rest for 15-20 on fleabay or CL.
---
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#19 Posted: 14:57:17 11/05/2013
looks like S2 Double Trouble not worth it.......
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#20 Posted: 01:08:28 12/05/2013
If you want a critical hit heroic challenge he's nice.
#21 Posted: 03:19:59 15/05/2013 | Topic Creator
So I have come to the conclusion, in my opinion, that Double Trouble 1.5 is not worth getting if you are a collector of just the current in game 99 characters. He basically has two poses for series 2, old and new pose, both the same in game so the game won't count it as two separate characters, so my opinion, not worth it to me.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#22 Posted: 11:59:38 15/05/2013
To me, I'll grab him, along with Painted Eye Tree Rex.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#23 Posted: 18:01:09 15/05/2013
Quote: Matteomax
To me, I'll grab him, along with Painted Eye Tree Rex.

new tree rex????
#24 Posted: 19:48:11 18/05/2013
There won't be any new Tree Rex, so I'm guessing "Painted Eye Tree Rex" is referring to some factory error Tree Rex. smilie Especially considering that description.

(ALL the in-game variants have been uncovered, and there's way too much info about the other variants for it to be likely that there's any variants we don't already know about)
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me