darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > You Break It You Buy it Heroic with Fully Upgraded Skylanders
Page 1 of 1
You Break It You Buy it Heroic with Fully Upgraded Skylanders [CLOSED]
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#1 Posted: 01:23:31 28/04/2013 | Topic Creator
So, as you already know...certain HCs are downright evil with fully upgraded skylanders...the other being the "Save the Purple Chompies" challenge...

Question--how many have dared to do these challenges with fully upgraded skylanders and lived to tell the tale?

I'm four or so into this now...Zook's shrapnel damage makes it JUST ABOUT IMPOSSIBLE and want to know any tips short of saying reset my skylanders lol.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#2 Posted: 01:25:13 28/04/2013
Use his barrier attack, the Cacti can hit just the Trolls.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:31:49 28/04/2013 by Matteomax
#3 Posted: 02:07:11 28/04/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Matteomax
Use his barrier attack, the Cacti can hit just the paintings.

I guess technically I'm doing the challenge on SSA...the barrier attack didn't do anything to the trolls--if you're referring to the mushroom field. Maybe my son chose a different path?
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:08:04 28/04/2013 by GhostRoaster
Hexblazer Blue Sparx Gems: 895
#4 Posted: 02:08:49 28/04/2013
My flameslinger fully upgrade finished both quest no problem and oh ya my stealth elf also
#5 Posted: 02:14:20 28/04/2013 | Topic Creator
Yeah I've completed all heroics with Stealth Elf, Stump Smash, Flameslinger and Cynder no problem. It seems skylander with "spread" or "range" have problems. Flameslinger can be problematic with three fireballs but getting in ground zero on the target usually avoids spread.

Currently, Wrecking Ball and Zook have this problem that's preventing challenges where you need more control of the area of impact. Honestly I'm still going through everyone's capabilities by playing Heroics (son's upgraded them from a weapon perspective now I'm upgrading their stats) so still scratching the surface.

Wrecking Ball's tounge goes through walls and off screen, making it easy for it to be a problem. Zook's explosion/shrapnel is ridiculous when you have to kill someone next to a painting.
---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 02:19:17 28/04/2013 by GhostRoaster
Nelomet Emerald Sparx Gems: 3069
#6 Posted: 02:18:06 28/04/2013
Quote: GhostRoaster

I guess technically I'm doing the challenge on SSA...the barrier attack didn't do anything to the trolls--if you're referring to the mushroom field. Maybe my son chose a different path?

Likely he's using the 'floral defender' path, which focuses on the barrier rather than the bazooka. Primarily it turns yer shrooms into cacti which damage things.
---
Fear not the dark, my friend, and let the feast begin.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:18:42 28/04/2013 by Nelomet
#7 Posted: 02:20:44 28/04/2013 | Topic Creator
Ahh ok...yeah his defense does nothing...no cacti in my animation...all of the skill seems to be on the after shocks of primary and secondary attacks (bazooka). About a third of the screen explodes and pretty much everything is laid to waste lol.

I'm curious if anyone has chosen the bazooka path (sorry being lame with the name of the path) and able to complete this challenge.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:22:24 28/04/2013 by GhostRoaster
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#8 Posted: 02:32:52 28/04/2013
I THINK it could be possible, if the mortars weren't upgraded fully with the Soul Gem.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#9 Posted: 04:43:43 28/04/2013
I feel like I had great success with Shroomboom on this challenge with his mushroom mortars....

Usually if I have a character who is too powerful for this Challenge I put on the Ghost Swords then Sparx (or vice versa). I find they're not 100% effective at not hitting what they shouldn't, but they do pretty well, I usually just have to be a little patient.

Wish I could have done that for the Purple Chompies in SSA, LOL! Ended up having to reset Ghost Roaster.
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
Graywolfe Green Sparx Gems: 298
#10 Posted: 00:22:23 30/04/2013
had no problem with Prisim Break or fright rider getting through this at full upgrade getting through this in giants which is harder. now in SSA i made it through with everyone.
#11 Posted: 03:58:31 30/04/2013 | Topic Creator
I THINK it could be possible, if the mortars weren't upgraded fully with the Soul Gem.

I'm looking for the brave soul that has fully upgraded his and have done the challenge. It's IMPOSSIBLE.
---
wrecknroll Yellow Sparx Gems: 1167
#12 Posted: 07:01:50 30/04/2013

If its S2 Zook then go to giants switchpaths to cacti path
---
My collection! http://imgur.com/gallery/G7lsX
Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2951
#13 Posted: 20:38:11 30/04/2013
ah crap i dont do heroics often but now i am worried about my hot dog D:
Tel Prydain Blue Sparx Gems: 903
#14 Posted: 03:13:25 01/05/2013
My only comment is to do the mission in SSA, not Giants. Far less jars in SSA.
---
My collection: 98/99
Photos: http://s1298.photobucket.com/u...rary/Skylanders
Looking for: smilie
Terreneflame Blue Sparx Gems: 943
#15 Posted: 15:54:59 01/05/2013
Hot Dog wont have much of a problem, you can always tell where his fireballs will go- so you can aim accordingly
Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2951
#16 Posted: 21:12:55 01/05/2013
but his fireballs go through multiple enemies and most of the time i use the heat wave
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#17 Posted: 10:55:58 02/05/2013
I'm looking for the brave soul that has fully upgraded his and have done the challenge. It's IMPOSSIBLE.

I KNOW I had the Soul Gem, fully upgraded mortars... And as I said, I found them all right about hitting enemies not vases/paintings. I think I did that one about half/half with firing mushrooms.

Quote: Tel Prydain
My only comment is to do the mission in SSA, not Giants. Far less jars in SSA.

It's not so much that there's less jars, or not just that, it's more that they're only around the paintings, which I find more fair somehow. It feels REALLY nasty that they put them everywhere, so now you ALWAYS have to watch out, LOL! If they had to put them everywhere, at least make it everywhere EXCEPT around the paintings!

Quote: Ninpire
but his fireballs go through multiple enemies and most of the time i use the heat wave

That last part reminds me of the joke "I went to the doctor and told him it hurts when I do this with my arm, and he said 'Then don't do that'" smilie

My advice is the same, don't use heat wave. Almost every character I've tried has some attack which is a bad idea on this one. Mostly ones with an Are Of Effect, like Tree Rex's ground pound.

As for the go-through fireball, you just have to be aware of what's behind your target. I'm always having to position myself so that there isn't a painting or vase behind the troll, many of them I can put a wall behind them.
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me