Page 1 of 1
Quick question. [CLOSED]
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#1 Posted: 23:47:45 27/04/2013 | Topic Creator
In Skylanders Giants, does Dark Spyro say "Lights Out!" when you put him on the portal or "All fired up!" when put on the portal?

If he says All fired up than wow that sucks.
Hexblazer Blue Sparx Gems: 895
#2 Posted: 00:59:01 28/04/2013
Mine says "All Fired Up" when i put on the portal.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:44:18 28/04/2013 by Hexblazer
Nelomet Emerald Sparx Gems: 3069
#3 Posted: 06:22:02 28/04/2013
Question being this: For all intents and purposes he's basically a variant, like Royal Double Trouble, or Polar Whirlwind, right?
Well, except for the 3DS title if memory serves.
---
Fear not the dark, my friend, and let the feast begin.
siowm6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1482
#4 Posted: 15:40:07 28/04/2013
Since he was only available in the 3DS starter pack (except for the single pack in certain locations), And Punch Pop Fizz is only available in the 3DS starter, If you classify Punch Pop Fizz as a variant as most do, then Dark Spyro would be viewed the same way.

So in short, I would say Dark Spyro is a variant.
Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2951
#5 Posted: 16:40:37 28/04/2013
but dark spyro has his own catch phrase (lights out!) so they could have at least had the same guy say 2 more words.
JCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1540
#6 Posted: 04:21:35 29/04/2013
It's pretty much what AA decided to do.. in the 3DS version he actually has a different move set and stuff... yet switching in he says Spyro...

But yeah on the Console versions he's just a recolor of Spyro. For the most part.
---
Main Team: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
~N~
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#7 Posted: 04:53:30 29/04/2013
^ needs to be fixed for swap force, he is a variant of spyro and should stay that way. smilie
Terreneflame Blue Sparx Gems: 943
#8 Posted: 07:45:02 29/04/2013
Dark Spyro does have different stats, and was packaged with his own catch phrase, so i can see why people would like him to get different in game treatment- i dont think it could take that much effort to voice 2 more lines and make all the fire into lightning smilie
Nelomet Emerald Sparx Gems: 3069
#9 Posted: 08:02:05 29/04/2013
Quote: Terreneflame
Dark Spyro does have different stats, and was packaged with his own catch phrase, so i can see why people would like him to get different in game treatment- i dont think it could take that much effort to voice 2 more lines and make all the fire into lightning smilie

Not to mention he's posted as a seperate character with his own backstory, unless there's a short story on why Scarlet Ninjini is different, or Polar Whirlwind...
---
Fear not the dark, my friend, and let the feast begin.
#10 Posted: 15:52:14 29/04/2013
As far as i'm aware there is no story reason for the change in colours. I imagine Dark Spyro only has one because well he's spyro and it was all in previous games..
#11 Posted: 21:14:58 29/04/2013
i just want two more words and if they can then maybe i would enjoy a dark spyro who is completely different but i only want him to say HIS catchphrase....for now.
#12 Posted: 21:58:40 29/04/2013
Actually, they have a reason for Dark Spyro being "dark" It's from here: http://spyro.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Spyro_%28Skylanders%29

Background
Personality

Dark Spyro is more wild, erratic, and darker than his normal counterpart, according to terms of gameplay and personality. Unlike his Legend of Spyro counterpart, Dark Spyro can fully control himself and the darkness that resides within him, using this trait to fight evil, but he is always at risk of being consumed by the dark magic. This process worries his fellow Skylanders at times.[1]
Biography

Spyro is a rare magical dragon with the ability to harness the power of the elements of Skylands, though he prefers to master fire. However, this innate ability with elemental powers also leaves him vulnerable to the influence of darker magic. When The Darkness is nearby, Spyro can channel its energy and combine its power with his own, becoming Dark Spyro. Over the years, he has learned to focus and control his power, using this dark magic to fight the forces of evil.
Story
History

Spyro has some sensational skills. Unlike the other Skylanders, he could harness the energy of every element, but still prefered his original favorite - Fire. But there was a sinister side to Spyro's ability. Master Eon observed this first-hand when The Darkness attempted to corrupt the Core of Light. Spyro began to shudder and shake. His purple skin seemed to flush and flare as dark magic flowed through him like lightning. Only Master Eon's speedily cast spells saved Spyro from a foul fate. With time, and Eon's tutelage, Spyro had learned to master this dark magic know-how. And when he harnessed energy, he transformed into Dark Spyro! However, only Spyro's brave heart and careful control prevented him from being consumed by darkness.[2]

However, I do agree it'd be cool if they actually did have him say his official catch phrase. After all why give him his own catch phrase if they aren't going to use it? .
---
~N~
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#13 Posted: 08:46:22 30/04/2013
I remember before I had SSA and had heard of Dark Spyro, I figured he would be Spyro for the Undead element. smilie

Now that I know how things work better.... I disagree that he should shoot lightning instead of fireballs. All other variants have the same upgrades and powers as their standard counterparts, it wouldn't seem right to make an exception because he existed in previous games. I'm guessing they applied this same logic to the vocal work.

But I agree that it's ONE phrase, two words. If he already has his own catchphrase, they might as well use it. I just suspect that to simplify things, they made all the coding between variants the same, except for the actual look of the character. Same powers, same voices, same audio clips, etc. Which is a theory that works fine until you realize that some characters HAVE a difference. Like Legendary Lightcore Chill has a Golden Narwhal, as opposed to the grey/silver one of the standard Chill.

So I dunno. They should have put in "Lights Out".
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
#14 Posted: 10:14:48 30/04/2013
Or what they probably should have done is not put "lights Out" on the box, and then none of this would ever of happened smilie
#15 Posted: 20:30:39 30/04/2013
^ or they could have used his catchphrase and people would have loved it smilie also niceguy l-lightcore chill isnt the only one. dark spyro has purple fire and i think that is way better than lightning and jadewind has green shard attack and g-crusher explodes into black rocks smilie
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#16 Posted: 10:33:15 02/05/2013
I know LLC Chill isn't the only one, that's why I started that sentence with "Like", I was giving an example, the only one I know without looking it up. smilie
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
#17 Posted: 21:29:20 02/05/2013
Oh sorry didnt see the "Like" at the beginning and yup they should let dark spyro say lights out for SF and this should be getting a lot of supporters because we are on DARK SPYRO forums smilie
#18 Posted: 01:30:11 03/05/2013
Quote: Ninpire
Oh sorry didnt see the "Like" at the beginning and yup they should let dark spyro say lights out for SF and this should be getting a lot of supporters because we are on DARK SPYRO forums smilie

Some one can like Dark Spyro and still want his catch phrase to be "All fired Up"

But I'm still in agreement with them changing it to "Lights Out" just pointing out a flaw in your argument. Well there's another but I won't get into it.
---
~N~
LloydDXZX Yellow Sparx Gems: 1637
#19 Posted: 11:15:11 03/05/2013
I don't have dark spyro. I only have 2 original spyro.
---
Imaginators is making it revive.
#20 Posted: 22:24:57 03/05/2013
Quote: JCat
Quote: Ninpire

Some one can like Dark Spyro and still want his catch phrase to be "All fired Up"

But I'm still in agreement with them changing it to "Lights Out" just pointing out a flaw in your argument. Well there's another but I won't get into it.

yea i know some people may be on this forum because of skylanders only and some other people dont want dark spyro to stand out too much among the in-game variants (even though he's not really falling into that category in my opinion) some people might not even like dark spyro at all i get it. Just i think that since spyro is like in a different mode (dark spyro) he should say"Lights Out!" because if you think about like ALOT "All FIRED Up!" fire makes light but purple fire is dark ......i just think they need to change it all right!
#21 Posted: 21:47:14 05/05/2013
I also think they should change it.
---
~N~
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me