Page 1 of 1
Leveling up/quest glitch? [CLOSED]
Trigger Fizz Blue Sparx Gems: 931
#1 Posted: 21:00:18 27/04/2013 | Topic Creator
Today I was using my new Ninjini, and I had finally maxed her out, got all her upgrades, and finished all her quests. I took her off the portal after I was done with her, and when I put her back on, she was on level 11 and two of her quests were incomplete. What's that all about?
---
smilie NO POTIONS, NO GLORY! smilie
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#2 Posted: 23:38:33 27/04/2013
The error is in the Figure that's for sure.

I don't know why that happened to you though, never heard about that problem before....
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#3 Posted: 01:26:13 28/04/2013
GITD Portal? Use a different Portal.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#4 Posted: 04:35:38 28/04/2013
I've heard of that problem plenty, that it's the portal not saving properly.

I've experienced it to a MUCH lesser degree myself, I found if I completed a quest and removed the figure from the portal, I would later find the quest needed to be completed again. So now whenever I manage something - like a quest or level up or upgrade purchase - I make sure to grab some coins before I remove the figure. See, money saves to the figure immediately, so that's how I force a save.

But losing 4 levels and 2 quests, I have trouble believing Ninjini picked up NO money in that time.... If the portal is having trouble saving to ANY figure, it's a bad portal, if it's just Ninjini, could be corrupted data or a bad chip. Corrupted data COULD be fixed by resetting the figure. Bad chip means it could need replacing. Either way, you might have to start from scratch.
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
wrecknroll Yellow Sparx Gems: 1167
#5 Posted: 07:53:14 28/04/2013
Quote: CommanderGame
The error is in the Figure that's for sure.

I don't know why that happened to you though, never heard about that problem before....

It has happened to me a lot!!But only after defeating Kaos.?
---
My collection! http://imgur.com/gallery/G7lsX
#6 Posted: 16:52:10 28/04/2013 | Topic Creator
Okay, so just afew minutes ago I got her back to level 15 and did the quests that needed to be completed. (I leveled her up fully in the oracle stage). After playing the oracle stage, the screen that tells you you're going back to flynn's ship came up, and it stood there for longer than usual. It froze, so I reset the wii, and what do you know when I turn it back on, the same thing happens, she's on level 11 with the specific quests I did incomplete. I'm really sad/frustrated/confused by this, someone please help me. Should I contact Activision about this problem?
---
#7 Posted: 16:57:39 28/04/2013 | Topic Creator
I tried calling activision but the automated message tells me that the call center is currently closed....I'm really upset right now, can someone please help me????
---
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#8 Posted: 17:45:21 28/04/2013
Quote: Trigger Fizz
I tried calling activision but the automated message tells me that the call center is currently closed....I'm really upset right now, can someone please help me????

It's not like they have a patch for you...they'll probably tell you the following:

1. If it hurts when you do that...DON'T do that.

2. We'll give feedback to the developers (meaning---shut up---the developers arent looking at support tickets and you'll be summarily dismissed).

This is basically what happened to me when I CALLED about a glitch.

It seems reasonable to assume it's the figure however I've seen very specific problems that are CODE RELATED and not figure related...just BEWARE.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:48:19 28/04/2013 by GhostRoaster
#9 Posted: 20:12:47 28/04/2013 | Topic Creator
Well, I guess it's not just my Ninjini. I put several other character on the portal and the same thing happened, the portal won't save. For example, I'll have 500 gold, I'll get 1 piece on the ship (501 gold) and when I take the figure off the portal and put it back on, it will say I have 500 gold. So, my portal isn't saving....
---
Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2951
#10 Posted: 20:14:20 28/04/2013
Soooo...get a different portal
Haseo Blue Sparx Gems: 889
#11 Posted: 21:48:10 28/04/2013
That's never happened to me >.>
---
-something-
#12 Posted: 22:08:40 28/04/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Ninpire
Soooo...get a different portal

Well, I'm not sure if it's the portal not working or the game itself...even if it is the portal though, how would I get a new one? Would Activision provide a free replacement portal for me?
---
#13 Posted: 22:14:07 28/04/2013
well, they should but if not then use your old portal if you have one
#14 Posted: 22:20:22 28/04/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Ninpire
well, they should but if not then use your old portal if you have one

I only have Giants, so I have no other portal besides the one that isn't working.
---
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#15 Posted: 22:29:59 28/04/2013
I have this glitch too its common on the wii version, its a glitch in the game not your portal and figures.
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
#16 Posted: 00:29:59 29/04/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Kevin16
I have this glitch too its common on the wii version, its a glitch in the game not your portal and figures.

Well...is there anyway to stop, fix or prevent it?
---
#17 Posted: 00:35:14 29/04/2013
IDK, if it's happening on all figures, and suddenly not saving AT ALL, it might not be the game, it might be the portal.

What system are you on? I hear XBox portals only work on XBox and vice versa, but many of the others are compatible with each other. Maybe you can borrow somebody's portal to check if it's your portal? If so, you should be able to get Activision to replace it, and if not you can probably buy a new one on eBay or Kijiji or something.

If it's a possibility, you could buy the starter pack for SSA. I hear the Giants portal is generally better, but the SSA one has glowing runes on the side, pretty cool. The only thing is that in SSA, several systems had wireless portals, which EAT batteries. I know XBox is wired, that's what I'm using, I know Wii is wireless, and I think PS3 is wireless.
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
#18 Posted: 00:36:59 29/04/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: niceguy1
IDK, if it's happening on all figures, and suddenly not saving AT ALL, it might not be the game, it might be the portal.

What system are you on? I hear XBox portals only work on XBox and vice versa, but many of the others are compatible with each other. Maybe you can borrow somebody's portal to check if it's your portal? If so, you should be able to get Activision to replace it, and if not you can probably buy a new one on eBay or Kijiji or something.

If it's a possibility, you could buy the starter pack for SSA. I hear the Giants portal is generally better, but the SSA one has glowing runes on the side, pretty cool. The only thing is that in SSA, several systems had wireless portals, which EAT batteries. I know XBox is wired, that's what I'm using, I know Wii is wireless, and I think PS3 is wireless.

I have the wii version. I'm really upset over this guys....does anyone know how to fix it?
---
#19 Posted: 01:40:46 29/04/2013
HOW MUCH it's happening to you sounds like it's more than a glitch, it sounds like your portal stopped working...

A glitch I HAVE experienced is my portal not recognizing certain figures unless they're on a certain part of the portal. There are some figures I have which I simply can't put in the center, I have to put them near the edge. So try putting your figures on other parts of the portal, that may help.

You're in luck, though... JUST last week I was in another thread where someone tested just about every portal that exists, and other than the XBox portals he reported they all worked on the Wii, at least of the ones he tested. It was like 8-10 different portals he listed.

Do you know anybody in real life who also has Skylanders? Is there any portal you can borrow to check if it's a problem with your portal? If you can confirm a problem with your portal, if you can tell them this, Activision is almost guaranteed to send you a replacement.
---
EmperorKaos Emerald Sparx Gems: 4399
#20 Posted: 08:32:13 29/04/2013
Okay, so just afew minutes ago I got her back to level 15 and did the quests that needed to be completed. (I leveled her up fully in the oracle stage). After playing the oracle stage, the screen that tells you you're going back to flynn's ship came up, and it stood there for longer than usual. It froze, so I reset the wii, and what do you know when I turn it back on, the same thing happens, she's on level 11 with the specific quests I did incomplete. I'm really sad/frustrated/confused by this, someone please help me. Should I contact Activision about this problem?

Games in cd can freeze now o.o
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#21 Posted: 14:28:06 29/04/2013
Well, I guess it's not just my Ninjini. I put several other character on the portal and the same thing happened, the portal won't save. For example, I'll have 500 gold, I'll get 1 piece on the ship (501 gold) and when I take the figure off the portal and put it back on, it will say I have 500 gold. So, my portal isn't saving....

I've seen that as well... I'm guessing the "send data to figure" doesn't happen immediately in some cases. I've seen this problem sporadically on the ship. But I'm sure you'll be slapped for even suggesting there's a problem with the game if you call.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
wrecknroll Yellow Sparx Gems: 1167
#22 Posted: 19:11:03 29/04/2013
Error in figure?That means most of my figures are erorred!Probably GITD Portal.
---
My collection! http://imgur.com/gallery/G7lsX
#23 Posted: 07:58:08 30/04/2013
If it's ONE figure, it's probably an error in the figure. If it's multiple or all figures, it's something about the portal.

It wouldn't be the game unless NOBODY could save, and that would be a pretty massive bug that not only would we have noticed by now, they would have noticed before they even released the game. smilie

And when you pick up money, the "Send data to device" DOES happen immediately, that's why I use picking up money as a "Save Now" action. I started getting save glitches, and since I've been doing this I stopped seeing it.
---
#24 Posted: 12:12:13 30/04/2013 | Topic Creator
I called up Activison yesterday and explained my problem to one of the customer service representatives. After explaining my problem, asking and answering questions, and waiting on hold, the guy finally told me that there must be something wrong with my portal and that they are sending me a new one. It should be here in about 10 days...
---
#25 Posted: 20:12:01 30/04/2013
Well, there you go. Hope it's a Giants/Wired one. smilie
---
#26 Posted: 20:32:10 30/04/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: niceguy1
Well, there you go. Hope it's a Giants/Wired one. smilie

It is. Why do you ask though, are those better than the original ones?
---
#27 Posted: 20:35:28 30/04/2013
because they dont devour your batteries like my wii one does....should have bought the starter pack
#28 Posted: 10:36:45 02/05/2013
As I mentioned in post #17.... What Ninpire said. LOL!
---
#29 Posted: 21:26:31 02/05/2013
^ well at the time i didnt know there were portals that were wired i thought they all need constant attention by making you go into the cabinet and making you ask parents to get new batteries all the time so yea CANT WAIT TILL SWAP FORCE COMES OUT. but while we are on the topic do you think the portal hack will work with the swap force portal and an old portal?
#30 Posted: 07:07:31 03/05/2013
Yeah, it seems most of SSA portals worked on batteries (my brother uses rechargables for my nephews' Wii portal so it isn't so bad, but still. I think we've gone through a set in one gaming session), but because of this eating thing all Giants portals have wires now.

By "hack", do you mean where you can use other portals with your connected portal to extend the range, effectively make a bigger portal? Yeah, it should work. See, all the current portals work by having a copper wire around the inside of the rim. This copper wire is the antenna for sending and receiving with the figure. When you put portals together, the wires are close enough that the range is extended into the other portal.

Because of HOW your current portal stopped working, you may or may not be able to do it with your old portal. It's possible that something went wrong inside that disconnected or severed the copper wire. All you can do is try it. It's likely that even disconnected the wire can still extend the range, so chances are good. I've in fact heard of people getting a separate copper wire to manually extend the range.

It seems unlikely they would change the Swap Force portals enough to make this not work anymore. The current technology works, why change it so drastically? Especially since to support SSA and Giants figures they still need to read the same technology in the figures.
---
LloydDXZX Yellow Sparx Gems: 1637
#31 Posted: 11:12:02 03/05/2013
Go in the skylanders questions. I think someone said something like this that the skylander lost some lvl...
---
Imaginators is making it revive.
#32 Posted: 22:05:29 03/05/2013
FYI, I finally came across the other thread where someone tested all the portals, it's in the "Skylanders Toys and Merchandise" forum

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=79173

Quote: siowm6
Quote: SlayerX11
wii and wii u work with each other and the ps3. I own all 3 and have used them on each. The xbox version will not work it will glow up but not work.

Just to make this easier, I have checked each of the following portals for compatibility, and all of them will work with the wii.

Ps3 Wireless S:SA
Ps3 Wired S:G
Ps3 Wired GITD S:G
3DS S:SA
3DS S:G
3DS GITD S:G
WII Wireless S:SA
WII Wired S:G
WII U Wired S:G
WII U GITD S:G
Battlegrounds

All will function for his required needs, so short of x360 (that I do not have available for testing), He can pretty much get away with anything else.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me