Page 1 of 1
3DS version help [CLOSED]
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5694
#1 Posted: 00:36:41 26/04/2013 | Topic Creator
I really need some help. I want to find the Tiki Hat, but I don't know where it is. I also want some help for the "Avoid the Slicers" challenge in Coldburn inside the Empire of Ice. Please, can someone help?
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
JCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1540
#2 Posted: 02:29:29 26/04/2013
Let's see... Sadly the "Avoid the Slivers" Challenge I've yet to complete smilie But I can give you a few tips. (normally it's the 3rd round I get hit.)

But ugh it's been awhile since I've played it.

As for the Tiki hat... Hmmm I've gotten every single hat *except for the ones in Dark Light crypt cause i don't have it.*

Sadly I'm not sure which gift gives you which hat... do you happen to know which level it's in?
---
Main Team: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
~N~
#3 Posted: 02:53:20 26/04/2013 | Topic Creator
Yes, it is called "The Windy Dunes".
---
#4 Posted: 03:04:04 26/04/2013
Oh? hmmm well that'll take me a bit longer to remember... you sure it's that one?

EDIT: Ok, let me play through the level and I'll find it for you. Is it the only hat you don't have in that level?
---
~N~
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:07:09 26/04/2013 by JCat
#5 Posted: 03:49:06 26/04/2013
Ok i found it... not sure what happend to the first post I did.

Anyways, there's 2 gifts in the Water gate challenge. the one at the end of the challenge... and i believe the one you're looking for. here's where it's at:

Go through the Water gate and go to where you see that ring of flipping stones. Once there you should see a single spinning stone to the right of them (opposite way you need to go.) Jump on that spinning stone and wait... the camera will eventually turn. It'll show another platform with the gift on it.
---
~N~
#6 Posted: 12:56:50 26/04/2013 | Topic Creator
Thank You!
---
#7 Posted: 17:19:43 26/04/2013
no problem.
---
~N~
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#8 Posted: 13:48:33 12/05/2013
Avoid The Slicers is by far the hardest challenge in the 3DS games, but I have played them so many times that I feel I can give reliable advice on it.

First up, I highly recommend that you summon Lightning Rod for the purpose of this challenge. He can glide over slicers if he has to move away, he has plenty of long-range attacks, and is fairly agile in emergency.

What you want to do is basically hide in one of the spots safe from the slicers. You will find them with ease. Just defeat enemies and smash Chests as much as you can, from a distance, and hover around to collect Radience/Coins from them gradually. Do not endanger yourself- you are not in a rush. This would be much tougher with Coldburn's time limit, but thankfully you can't have that at this point in SSA and can disable it in Giants.

This is why I recommend Lightning Rod. He is good at grabbing the points and strong enough to defeat enemies for them as well. It will likely still take a few tries, but follow my advice and you should have a much easier time. Hex is good for similar reasons, but is a bit slower at doing everything.

If you don't have Lightning Rod, Slam Bam or someone who can launch a "platform" (I.E. Prism Break's crystals) is probably the next best thing. Just launch his ice blocks and stand on them in substitute of hovering. It's more difficult, but it's possible, and you're guaranteed to have him unless you bought the Location Piece sepearately.

If you don't have someone who can hover or launch platforms, I can't help you, mate. That's strictly for experts unless you have a good ol' fashioned fluke or undivided focus.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 13:50:54 12/05/2013 by GamingMaster_76
ItalianGamer97 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1378
#9 Posted: 22:08:44 14/05/2013
Quote: GamingMaster_76
Avoid The Slicers is by far the hardest challenge in the 3DS games, but I have played them so many times that I feel I can give reliable advice on it.

First up, I highly recommend that you summon Lightning Rod for the purpose of this challenge. He can glide over slicers if he has to move away, he has plenty of long-range attacks, and is fairly agile in emergency.

What you want to do is basically hide in one of the spots safe from the slicers. You will find them with ease. Just defeat enemies and smash Chests as much as you can, from a distance, and hover around to collect Radience/Coins from them gradually. Do not endanger yourself- you are not in a rush. This would be much tougher with Coldburn's time limit, but thankfully you can't have that at this point in SSA and can disable it in Giants.

This is why I recommend Lightning Rod. He is good at grabbing the points and strong enough to defeat enemies for them as well. It will likely still take a few tries, but follow my advice and you should have a much easier time. Hex is good for similar reasons, but is a bit slower at doing everything.

If you don't have Lightning Rod, Slam Bam or someone who can launch a "platform" (I.E. Prism Break's crystals) is probably the next best thing. Just launch his ice blocks and stand on them in substitute of hovering. It's more difficult, but it's possible, and you're guaranteed to have him unless you bought the Location Piece sepearately.

If you don't have someone who can hover or launch platforms, I can't help you, mate. That's strictly for experts unless you have a good ol' fashioned fluke or undivided focus.

BOLD: I don't have any of the Adventure Packs, but couldn't smilie fill the role of smilie? smilie has an upgrade where can hover for a brief moment by holding the jump button, so I assume he'd be good for the level you're having trouble with. Feel free to prove me wrong if you need to.
---
And to prevent confusion, I am in the U.S. and I am part Italian.
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#10 Posted: 08:49:09 15/05/2013
Yeah, you're right. There are a bunch of good options for the level- just keep at it! I finished it on my last save with LightCore Chill yesterday. A hovering or platform Skylander is basically a requirement unless you have crazy skill at the game, though.
#11 Posted: 22:40:52 17/05/2013
what about Jet-vac?
---
~N~
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me