Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Spyro Movie:Classic or TLoS
Page 1 of 1
Spyro Movie:Classic or TLoS [CLOSED]
Kariana Emerald Sparx Gems: 3057
#1 Posted: 17:56:55 20/04/2013 | Topic Creator
Here is an interesting question. As many of you know, there was going to be a movie based off The Legend of Spyro. I for one was incredibly hyped for it. But would you have preferred there to be a movie based off the classic games?
---
KrazyKari.deviantart.com
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7931
#2 Posted: 18:11:01 20/04/2013
yeeeeees
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10259
#3 Posted: 18:14:29 20/04/2013
Both would be bad;video game movies usually suck with VERY few exceptions(Wreck-it Ralph,and Prince of Persia is debatable since it's a good movie by itself and not by game elements);but Classic would be way less bad since it's a very simple series that doesn't have so much room to screw up like LOS.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
cowpowa23 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4833
#4 Posted: 18:15:00 20/04/2013
Nah, Classics don't really need a movie.
But TLOS...
Yes.
So much yes.
e.e
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3376
#5 Posted: 19:30:31 20/04/2013
Though I prefer the Classic games, I'd rather them make a TLoS movie, it would definilty make more sense.
---
"I have my own system, don't get involved"
Winston1 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1089
#6 Posted: 19:58:30 20/04/2013
As much as I love the Classic games, I would say that a film version of their universe would be far too uninteresting and unappealing to anyone other than kids and long-time fans. The Legend of Spyro does have more potential for a movie if done well. However, perhaps it's just as well that the LoS film was cancelled. Like it was stated above, films based on video-games are usually pretty bad with a few rare exceptions.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:04:31 20/04/2013 by Winston1
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#7 Posted: 21:18:48 20/04/2013
Both :3
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
huge dotd freak Emerald Sparx Gems: 3354
#8 Posted: 21:54:26 20/04/2013
I think if a Spyro movie is made, it shouldn't be either, it should be something new.
---
Do you not like my mouth words?
Project_Unnamed Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10445
#9 Posted: 22:20:54 20/04/2013
I must say that if the movie based on either Classics or TLoS games I'd say TLoS. That's because I really think that TLoS has more "movie-style" script with its trilogies and details etc. On the other hand Classics were always more game-orientated.
---
I might give you more opinions... for a small fee of course.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#10 Posted: 23:04:41 20/04/2013
Quote: Project_Unnamed
I must say that if the movie based on either Classics or TLoS games I'd say TLoS. That's because I really think that TLoS has more "movie-style" script with its trilogies and details etc. On the other hand Classics were always more game-orientated.

I agree. The only one of the classic games that had somewhat of a backstory going was Year of the Dragon. And that probably wouldn't be enough to make a movie. Although, movie adaptations of video games rarely follow the stories of the actual games. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Project_Unnamed Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10445
#11 Posted: 23:15:52 20/04/2013
Quote: HIR
Quote: Project_Unnamed

I agree. The only one of the classic games that had somewhat of a backstory going was Year of the Dragon. And that probably wouldn't be enough to make a movie. Although, movie adaptations of video games rarely follow the stories of the actual games. <.<;

Yeah... and I think that the whole Insomniac Trilogy worked a whole better as a one solid video game story. And Why It wouldn't have worked as a movie story? I don't know... very hard to say if someone asked me that.

Well I think that classic games did not have such a predetermined story than the TLoS (even though DoTD sometimes seems very rushed final part to me). It gave so much more as a whole story with its intertextual references to another video games (okay, they were only found in one part of the YoTD) and such.
And one fact about creating superb movie is to have already existing consistent story. There's no room for pointless improvisation or last time script changes.

But yeah... movie adaptions of video games went totally wrong. I can give you two words:

MORTAL KOMBAT!
---
I might give you more opinions... for a small fee of course.
Spyrois2cool4yu Gold Sparx Gems: 2535
#12 Posted: 23:50:25 20/04/2013
Quote: Spyrobaro
Classic. I didn't like Legend that much....

Though I think a Skylanders movie would be good as well.

SKLANDERS? AHHHHHH!
---
"I'm back baby!!!"
Fall...ever changing. A symbol that nothing is forever...
"Cool" avatar made by shorty!
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10259
#13 Posted: 00:01:26 21/04/2013
Quote: Spyrois2cool4yu
Quote: Spyrobaro
Classic. I didn't like Legend that much....

Though I think a Skylanders movie would be good as well.

SKLANDERS? AHHHHHH!

Expressing your hate for the series when it doesn't have anything to do with the topic;so nice of you.

A Skylander movie is more of a possibility,but I think most writers would turn down the offer to write somethin and keep track of 40+ 'main' characters,and choosing only a few as lead characters would mean changing something about the rest.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
spyro and sonic Diamond Sparx Gems: 8325
#14 Posted: 00:09:52 21/04/2013
TLoS is best suited to become a movie. I'd definitely watch it.
Spyrois2cool4yu Gold Sparx Gems: 2535
#15 Posted: 00:14:27 21/04/2013
thanks! normally i don't like bring up the cancellation of the movie, but ever since i heard it was cancelled, its me put me into misery.
---
"I'm back baby!!!"
Fall...ever changing. A symbol that nothing is forever...
"Cool" avatar made by shorty!
Cynder_fan Gold Sparx Gems: 2683
#16 Posted: 10:52:44 21/04/2013
Classic would be hard to make a movie out of unless you made it a kids film in a disney style, however TLoS is more dramatic and epic so definatly a better candidate, plus I would prefer TLoS anyway.
---
Local technician who comes up with rediculous ideas
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5448
#17 Posted: 11:42:21 21/04/2013
I prefer Classic games, but I'd rather TLOS having a movie, it's suit for it.
Classic would be very hard, if anything classic or skylanders would be better of as a TV series.
Kariana Emerald Sparx Gems: 3057
#18 Posted: 15:40:38 21/04/2013 | Topic Creator
I agree to that TLoS would suit a better for a movie too.
---
KrazyKari.deviantart.com
JetH7 Blue Sparx Gems: 827
#19 Posted: 23:30:02 21/04/2013
As much as I love the Classics, I think TLoS is far better suited to be a movie.
---
I am the ghostly watermelon!!
ShadowNacho Green Sparx Gems: 239
#20 Posted: 23:52:00 21/04/2013
I prefer Classics more, but like what most other people are saying, I too also think TLoS would make a better choice for a movie. TLoS just has that storyline that can pretty easily be made into a movie if done right.
---
Banana.
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#21 Posted: 17:56:58 22/04/2013
Quote: JetH7
As much as I love the Classics, I think TLoS is far better suited to be a movie.

^Yup!! ^-^
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#22 Posted: 22:56:32 23/04/2013
I'd prefer a TLoS movie. Even if it were to be a trilogy that re-did the story of the games (I really like the TLoS story and lore as a whole, but there are a few rough spots in ANB and DotD. TEN would be fine without much change, though).

I feel Classic Spyro couldn't make it as a movie withou heavily changing the source material, where as LoS could do so without changing too much, as that series was inspired by cinema anyway.

Classic Spyro is a no-brainier for an animated TV show, though. It's perfectly suited to that kind of thing. It'd be the kind of show where there is no real overarching crisis afoot, but each episode is it's own random shennanagin.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Cassafrass1999 Green Sparx Gems: 258
#23 Posted: 00:07:02 26/04/2013
THE LEGEND OF SPYRO!!!!!!! smilie smilie smilie

But really, I would love to see a Spyro movie in any form, although I am not sure how the classic games could be made into a movie...but the TLoS and Skylanders, yes. I am STILL soooooooooo sad that the Spyro movie got cancelled (although I do love Sklanders). D: But I think a TLoS movie would be awesome, while a Skylanders cartoon TV show (or movie, but I think a TV show would be more suitable for the series), would be cool. smilie
---
Check out my guestbook to see my collection of our 30+ Skylanders! smilie

I support all Spyros (although TLoS is my VERY fav.) smilie smilie smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me