Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > Beyond each door. (Mystery/Puzzle RP) (5 spots open)
Page 1 of 1
Beyond each door. (Mystery/Puzzle RP) (5 spots open) [CLOSED]
Crescent Wing Blue Sparx Gems: 949
#1 Posted: 20:36:09 17/04/2013 | Topic Creator
I got this idea from Pixilism. It seemed fun so I decided to do it too!

Plot
You have been personally requested along with six other people to celebrate a banquet for the city, Riverview's founder, hosted by a man who never opens his doors but to a select few. You are one of them. The town's city hall mayor and judge have attended, but as you all walked into the grand hall, the mayor and judge were gone. All that was left was the precious ring of the judge, a marble slab with a beautiful picture of a flame, and a note, poorly written, saying; "I congratulate all of you to join this little game. I have taken the mayor and judge to a "special" place inside my manor. Perhaps if one of you can best the traps and puzzles spread throughout this mansion and somehow find your mayor and judge, then maybe, JUST maybe, I will let you go. Well then, Good luck... You'll not need it long, that's for sure!" It is your job, with these six others to find the mayor and judge of the town without losing each other and besting the puzzles located around the manor. But you must also find the owners true motive for capturing you.

Rules
-I am the GM
-No Mary-Sues
-Posts must be 10+ lines long!
-Be detailed in your posts
-People will die! You can choose to (With theirs, and my permission) kill them, or (If you wish) you can die from a trap that you failed to disarm or a puzzle with grim consequences.
-Have fun
-BE CAREFUL!

The Manor
The Manor has 3 stories, with many rooms scattered around each floor.
Here is the layout of the first floor until I make the map.

~~Floor 1~~
Room 1: The Main Hall
The Main hall. It has 3 doors from it, 2 on the left, one on the right, and a staircase. The walls are brown and covered with many potraits of famous people from history.

Room 2: The Lounge
This room is exquisitly decorated with many fancy chairs and a decorative couch with a coffee table in the middle. A Large fireplace is in the middle left of the room. Has 2 doors. One at top of the room and the door to the right leading to the Main hall.

Room 3: The Dining Room
This door leads from the lounge and the second door in the main hall. It has a large table and a bar with a second floor balcony above it. Has four doors in this room. Lounge. Main Hall. Kitchen. Sunleth Hallway

Room 4: The Sunleth Hallway
This door leads from the door in the Dining room and has 2 paths. The north path leads to the gardens while the straight right path leads to the Library.

Room 5: Garden
This outdoor garden has 4 exits, Sunleth Hallway, Grounds Keepers house. Kitchen. Library. This area is filled with exotic plants and common plants. A giant foreign tree lies in the middle but a strange little alcove near the right exit seems a bit interesting...

Room 6: Kitchen
Has 2 Exits. Garden, Dining Room. Filled with many Knives and foods and other consumables that may help.

Room 7: Library
Has 3 Exits. Sunleth Hall. Garden. Sunroom. Filled with over 100000 books, many dusty but one or more books may seem suspicious.

Room 8: Sun Room
Has 1 Exit. Library. A small room with a chair and a dome shaped glass ceiling. A balcony from the 2nd floor looms over the entrance.

Room 9: Grounds Keeper house/Winery
This leads from the Garden and has a winery, which may be valueable.

Room 10: ????? Room
A Room that many have never passed. Leads from the Right door on the main hall

~~Floor 2~~
Room 11: Second floor, Main Hall
Filled with Pictures and 3 Exits, 2 on the Right, 1 on the left.

Room 12: Marble Gallery
A Room with many portraits and sculptures and exotic plates and novelties. 2 Exits. Main Hall (2). Second floor Dining Room.

Rom 13: Second Floor, Dining Room
The upstairs overlooking the dining room. A Suspicious painting lies in the room. 2 Exits. Marble Gallery. Second Floor walkway near the Garden.

Room 14: Garden Hall (2nd)
A Hall leading to a Child's bedroom and the Dining Room balcony, and the Bathroom.

Room 15: Bathroom
A simple bathroom but an odd placement of a wall.

Room 16: Child's Bedroom.
The room of an infant. Dried blood is on the wall and an urn in the corner with a marked carpet. Leads to a secret room.

Room 17: Study
Leads from the Southern door on the Right in the main hallway. A giant study with an oddly colored bookcase.

Room 18: Pinnacle Hall
A Hall with many windows and portraits. 2 Exits. 2nd Floor Hall. Tri Hall.

Room 19: Tri Hall
A Hallway with 5 doors. The middle having double doors. Child's bedroom. Guest Bedroom. Master Bedroom. Bar. Pinnacle Hall

Room 20: Child's Bedroom 2.
Another room. Belonged to what seems as a grade school child. Nothing seems too suspicious.

Room 21: Guest Room.
A small guest bedroom.

Room 22: Bar.
A Bar with an oddly placed wall.

Room 23: Master Bedroom.
A Large bedroom but a secret and mishaped wall. And an entrance to the sunroom balcony.

~~~More Rooms to add on by exploring the manor.~~~

Character Sheet
(SIX SPOTS Left, 5 Citizens, and then one for the judge)
Name:
Personal Item: (Can be useful inside the mansion, but ONLY 1 item)
Special Talent: I.E. Tools, Trap disarming.
Appearance:
History Before the Manor:

~Personal Item Examples (Every personal item is different, and only one person may have one, no duplicates)
-Lockpick (Can only open certain doors)
-First Aid Kit ~ Heals an injured partner.
-Lighter ~ Can possibly find some secrets. Illumination.
-Flashlight/Glowstick(One or other) ~ Illuminates. Can temp blind.
-Handgun ~ Fires at something/Someone. Only ammo in clip. No clips.
These are examples. If you can think of one, go ahead,

Puzzles/Traps
Puzzles are scattered out the manor, either needed to be completed to proceed or unlock a safe or something.
Types include:
-Quiz
-Item Placement
-Fill in Blank
-Moving Objects
-More

Traps are also around, they can be aywhere so BE CAREFUL. Some are needed to be completed to open a door or such.
Types include:
-Flaming trap. (Can burn slightly to Intense)
-Electrocution (Shocks, and can potentially kill)
-Dart Trap (Poison/Non Poison darts shoot at you)
-Scalding Trap (Blasting Hot water hts you)
-Pit Trap (Fall into a pit of spikes or to the ground)
-Alarm Trap (Calls an enemy or something else...)

Enemies
This manor also contains guards and other suchs enemies such as small robots or other enemies.
They can call alarms, reinforcements, carry weapons, etc...
-Guard
-Cleaner Droid
-Security cam
-Guardbot
-HIM

Items of Importance/Craft items
OVer the course of the journey you will find items to complete puzzles or use to distract an enemy or something like that.
Items could include
-Gust Plate
-Precious Ring
-Aerosol can

Some items you find can also be crafted depending on your supplies, some examples are:
Aerosol Can + Lit Match/Lighter = Explosion(Burn)
Chemistry Flask + Chemical = Effect on chemical mix.
---
Known as HeavenlyHeroGamer on Youtube.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 20:20:51 30/04/2013 by Crescent Wing
#2 Posted: 22:31:22 26/04/2013 | Topic Creator
My Characters

Name: August Winters
Personal Item: Flashlight
Special Talent: Good at Puzzle solving
Appearance: [User Posted Image] She wears black leggings and orange boots along with the outfit. (Credito Artiste)
History Before the Manor: When August was born, her father had left her and her mother. She grew up not knowing if her father was alive. Her mother fed her false lies to cover up that her father was gone, such as "He is away on a long trip" or "He is visiting his sick family" but it wasn't enough. August was not a dumb girl. She was able to see through the facade that her mother had lied to her all those years. It torn their relationship apart, but she was able to rebuild it, as she learned more on her mother. When she was eight, she was sent to a public school after being homeschooled for awhile. She was quite popular throughout elementary school and was throughout high school. She was always fascinated by archeology, and and architecture. She aspired to visist Rome until her family got a letter, saying how she had been personally invited to the manor. Thinking she would learn some new things, she decided to go, but being cautious as this could possibly not end well.

Name: Mayor Baron Goodwinn
Personal Item: His pocketwatch
Special Talent: Reasonable and Logical thinking
Appearance: The mayor is a heavy set person. Weighing about 230 pounds. He has fading black hair and green eyes. He wears his signature outfit, his blue suit with his black loafers. He carries a trusty pocketwatch but it doesn't seem to be a regular watch. Maybe something more.
History Before the Manor: Mayor Goodwinn had been invited to this house. But he, nor anyone else had ever met the owner. Before this, he worked as the mayor, governing the town of Riverview, and was always seen having the Judge next to his side. The Mayor harbors a secret love of painting, as many potraits in the town hall or painted by him. When at the house, he seems to hold a secret. But nobody can tell if it is relevant to the situation.
---
RWC Raiden Green Sparx Gems: 194
#3 Posted: 17:39:50 28/04/2013
OOC: I digg it...

Name: Nathan Wentworth
Personal Item: Engraved Zippo Lighter/Smokes
Special Talent: He is able to notice small details, and History expert on artifacts, and literature/culture.
Appearance: Black hair, crew cut, blue eyes, 6'1, atheltic build. Wearing a black suit, with white shirt, and black tie. Wearing black Doc Marten boots. Has a ring on his right hand, with engraving.
History: Nathan grew up interested in history and world cultures. An exceptional student, he always excelled in history and literature classes, and went on to study at several universities. He has traveled to multiple countries, and published many works on world history and cultures. Nathan is currently unemployed, and received a mysterious invitation in the mail for the party at the biggest house in town. His curiousity got the better of him, even though he felt an overwhelming sense of danger for his well-being.
---
"Life is caught up in a current. I'm simply going against it."
#4 Posted: 20:19:40 30/04/2013 | Topic Creator
OOC: Approved if more people decide to join we will start. But, we may have to create the other characters ourselves.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me