Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Worried..... [CLOSED]
imanirox890 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1424
#1 Posted: 19:43:45 15/04/2013 | Topic Creator
As you may know Sly Cooper Thieves in Time came out this year. Unfortunately, it sold only 179,437 copies worldwide, with 131,713 being in America only. The other Sly games sold millions in their first weeks. I'm worried that they might not make a fifth Sly game after this. The way this game ended I really want a new game to come out. At least so they can end it on a good note. What I want to know is, why did the game sell so low? It had mostly good reviews, it kept old concepts while adding new ones, heck the guys who made this were fans of the first three games! Maybe it was because sucker punch wasn't making this one, or the later release date, or people didn't like one particular part of the story(for those who played the game you know what I'm talking about.)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:44:29 15/04/2013 by imanirox890
InsomDog Platinum Sparx Gems: 6823
#2 Posted: 21:46:33 15/04/2013
I don't think that the game generated much interest. Maybe this was because the game wasn't advertised as well as it could have been.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:47:48 15/04/2013 by InsomDog
sniper52 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1306
#3 Posted: 21:52:54 15/04/2013
Well, first of all, you said no likely 5th one when no fourth one was expected.
---
HAISHFTAYADGHpenisHDGNADGITUGDUAHD
imanirox890 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1424
#4 Posted: 23:17:23 15/04/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Sesshomaru75
From what I have seen and heard, the reasons it isn't selling well would be the following:

1. It has been around eight years since the last game and many of the old fans are no longer interested.
  2. As you yourself said, Sucker Punch didn't develop it so people are being very ignorant and not buying it because of that reason.
  3. Bad economy.
  4. And finally the part of the story that you mentioned which I assume you mean
    the part where it turns out Penelope was responsible for the creation of Le Paradox's time machine and became evil? If that is the case then yes that is one reason that the sales are doing bad because a lot of really ignorant people are boycotting it because of it. Sure, I didn't like it either, but I still enjoyed the game. People are boycotting because something so stupid and especially since she was only in one game before this and wasn't really important other than being a love interest for Bentley.

All of those reasons are leading to it's low sales, but I am quite certain that we will still see a Sly 5, so there really isn't anything to worry about.

Finally! Someone who makes sense! Sly fans have been begging for a fourth game for 7 years. They finally get one and hey decide to act like spoiled brats and complain about the game without even trying it! I loved the game especially the cartoon style cutscenes (which I believe are a big improvement from the comic book style one). Hopefully, they'll decide to at least finish the sly series. If it ended on a good note I would be okay with that.
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#5 Posted: 11:27:20 16/04/2013
Quote: InsomDog
I don't think that the game generated much interest. Maybe this was because the game wasn't advertised as well as it could have been.

This.
Fire Emblem Awakening for example, was well advertised and ended up selling more than any other previous Fire Emblem game yet it still isn't even released in Europe and Australia yet.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#6 Posted: 17:23:46 16/04/2013
It was advertised on the internet with some animated shorts from Sanzaru. But otherwise, it did not garner a lot of press. Which is strange, because I seem to recall it coming out during a pretty slow release window. <.>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me