darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > Interesting thing with 3DS portal
Page 1 of 1
Interesting thing with 3DS portal [CLOSED]
JCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1540
#1 Posted: 20:50:35 13/04/2013 | Topic Creator
Ok, I found this out by accident.... So if you put your 3DS portal (I was using the one from S:SA) by your Giants Console portal, the 3DS portal will work. As in I took my smilie off the Console portal of power. Then, with the 3DS version portal by it, I placed him on the 3DS portal and it actually brought him into the game smilie . So yeah it's crazy. I kinda figure out what's doing it, but it's still kind of neat......

I don't know if this will work with the S:SA console portal or the Giants 3DS portal. 1 cuz I don't have a S:SA console portal and I've put aside my Giants 3DS portal as a Spare.
---
Main Team: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
~N~
Conquertron Red Sparx Gems: 99
#2 Posted: 23:59:14 13/04/2013
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4B2QYtLZR98

seen this a while ago Nov 27th last year it was uploaded
---
Initiating...getting angry....sequence
siowm6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1482
#3 Posted: 00:06:41 14/04/2013
And to finish what Conquerton posted. This is with any portal. Not just 3Ds. Put any 2 portals together, one powered and one not, and both will read.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#4 Posted: 00:36:17 14/04/2013
If you stack a 3DS on top of a turned on Wired Portal, they still work.

The NFC readers interfere with each other, causing this.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Conquertron Red Sparx Gems: 99
#5 Posted: 00:38:42 14/04/2013
This brings up a good question, how many portals will work side by side together, I have 8 portals, I may test this right now, see how many I can fit around the main portal (WiiU), secondaries are three 3DS portals, one WiiU portal, one Wii portals 1 XBox360 portal and 1 PS3 portal. I will post my results soon. Let's say this is for the die hard fan or anybody in general who wants to know for any reason.

EDIT: results I can extend the portal by 5 around, all wireless without batteries work and register with strong lightcore effect, the three 3DS portals, the PS3 portal, and the Wii portal, the wired WiiU and Xbox portals were glitching out, I also tried making a long stretch of portals to see how far they could go length wise, only extends by 1 to register, but oddly for the lightcore to kick on I was able to extend by 5, after that the lightcore turned off.

Edit 2: Stacked all 8 my portals on top of each other vertically, Hot Head registered and lights up! Heres a pic for the LULZ

[User Posted Image]
---
Initiating...getting angry....sequence
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 02:15:50 14/04/2013 by Conquertron
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#6 Posted: 00:48:41 14/04/2013
As far as I can tell, this is what's REALLY happening. Inside each portal, there's a copper wire around the rim. This is the antenna for the wireless communication. Putting another portal next to your active portal, the two copper wires are close enough that the range extends into the second portal. What I DO know is that you can also extend the range with a bare copper wire in a circle, maybe even any closed shape.

At one point there was a thread where we were trying to figure out how to light up the Giants/Lightcores without a portal, for display purposes. smilie Information was discovered.
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
JCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1540
#7 Posted: 02:19:54 14/04/2013 | Topic Creator
i see... interesting.
---
Main Team: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
~N~
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me