First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Side Quest Help Guide [CLOSED]
JCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1540
#51 Posted: 21:25:33 24/04/2013
*shrug* I like his fire breath more. The teleport I like better in the 3DS version myself. Funny though last night I was using him and i just randomly started doing heroic challenges after I accidently did the wrong one. He was level 2 or 3 and he over 10. (yes he leveled up to like 6 over time.) He's not fully upgraded either. Only have the infinite flame thrower of the upgrade path.
---
Main Team: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
~N~
Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2951
#52 Posted: 21:40:16 24/04/2013
did you try flame lord already? and i just dont like his slowness in turning around using the flamethrower but thats just me
#53 Posted: 21:48:21 24/04/2013
Yeah it can get alittle annoying. did And no I've only the flamethrower path.
---
~N~
Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2951
#54 Posted: 21:50:10 24/04/2013
if sunburn ever gets remade for swap force and maybe gets a variant i will go down blaze dragon to see what its like
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#55 Posted: 01:58:54 25/04/2013
Oh wow, that's terrible about Stump Smash's Heroic Challenge... And sort of goes against the story of "picking the right path", now the right path is both, LMAO! What I loved about ending in the big room is trying to come up with an attack big enough to try to kill everybody in one move, smilie Now I suspect the number in there is lower, I would estimate in SSA that room alone was like 80.

JCat, you're right about the Tech quest though... Too bad I don't have S2 Stump Smash, smilie though I think all my Tech guys have that quest anyway.

For Sunburn I love the flamethrower. I hate how slow he gets and how slow he turns when at full burn, but I love that he turns INTO fire, and how damaging it gets at full burn. I tend to turn it on when approaching fights, so by the time I get to the enemies I'm at or close to full burn. smilie
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:03:10 25/04/2013 by niceguy1
#56 Posted: 06:43:22 25/04/2013
Right, Well I've been looking for some ways to get some quests done quicker/easier. While I was doing it. But here are some things I figured out on a few of them. Some may be repeats of what's been said allready.

10 wins in PvP: Simply play one with noone playing the other opponent. However, In Aqueducts during ring out might be the quickest as how close there is a bounce pad to an edge.

Elemental Damage Challenge: Sky Gems is I think the easiest because you can have infinite time and don't have to worry about the match ending til your finished. Depends on the skylander/move you use depending on the best place to do it in. If the move doesn't push the opponent to much the Aqueducts in either top left or top right corner works best because you don't have to worry about accidentally picking up a gem.

1)Arena Challenge Quest: First areana first Challenge. Most enemies are easy to take out. The bigest problems I found were the 2 bark demons in the 3 round/wave. Besides them no problem.

2)Heroic Challenge Quest: I actually used Slam Bam's challenge the one I used the most. However, I did manage to do Terraphin's or Stump Smash's quest without much difficulty either

3)Beat 1000 enemies: I used Terraphin's and Stump Smash's heroic Challenge mostly. But normally I'd do this quest last for the most part thus any enemies that I took out while completing the others would be counted. Teraphin's I think was a little better since even though taking out the root Runner's don't count towards the 100 chompies but they do count towards the 1000 enemies quest.

4)Eat 50 food: I did the cloud Arena Challenge in the first arena. But there's also the similar one with those haunted sheep. They make it where every enemy you take out leaves food behind. This challenge actually wasn't that bad enough that I actually managed to beat it with using two skylanders at a time. As in I'd be playing as both Skylanders just one at a time.
---
~N~
Kiroq Gold Sparx Gems: 2328
#57 Posted: 10:17:35 25/04/2013
For the arena challenge quest I prefer the birthday bash level as no one attacks you at all
---
smilie Fools! I've had it up to here with your incompetence! Actually no, even higher..up to HERE!
Terreneflame Blue Sparx Gems: 943
#58 Posted: 12:48:01 25/04/2013
Best heroic for not getting damaged by far is wrecking balls- there are no baddies- so its basically impossible to take damage..
#59 Posted: 00:10:20 26/04/2013
which reminds me.... does falling off during arena challenges count as taking damage? Because once I actually finished the quest but I fell off once. However, I don't remember seeing my skylanders' health going down. So it may of been a glitch...
---
~N~
siowm6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1482
#60 Posted: 01:05:54 26/04/2013
Yes, falling off the side of an arena during a challenge will cause you to take damage. You will re-appear with a slight amount of damage. But in the case of the once and done's that will end the challenge.
#61 Posted: 02:35:10 26/04/2013
Ok then it was a glitch then....*sigh* I've been expireneces some glitches with both Consoles and 3DS versions of skylanders.
---
~N~
swohh4work Yellow Sparx Gems: 1226
#62 Posted: 04:47:41 27/04/2013
Where is the best place to do Sprockets special side quest? Use land mine golf 50 times.
wrecknroll Yellow Sparx Gems: 1167
#63 Posted: 06:59:18 27/04/2013 | Topic Creator
Sorry for not posting for a while. But I return saying that PUZZLE POWER IS ANNOYING!Oh,and also Chill, Ignitor,Tree Rex,Pop Fizz and Jet-Vac are now all Gold Ranks.Sorry no tips for Sprocket unless you don't actually defeat anyone to complete the quest.
---
My collection! http://imgur.com/gallery/G7lsX
#64 Posted: 10:22:03 27/04/2013
Don't have Sprocket, can't help you, sorry. No idea what she's like, how to do her quest, or where a good place to do it would be.

Somehow Sprocket just hasn't appealed to me. At all. I have zero interest in her.
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
DragonsDream Green Sparx Gems: 435
#65 Posted: 15:16:57 27/04/2013
rather than running through Rumbletown, are there any Arena Challenges that give a good number of Spell Punks to kill?
---
available: Darklight Crypt smiliesmiliesmilie(sealed), 17 other common S1s & adv. packs (EU only)
want:smiliesmiliesmilie
The word is "should've" never "should of"
siowm6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1482
#66 Posted: 15:21:30 27/04/2013
Sprockets quest can be a pain. I use Terrafin's challenge for this too. If you go up to the top portion where the chompies are plentiful and is a pretty open space, you can get the chompies chasing you. Once they are chasing you, throw your mines infront of yourself, and away from the chompies. Run just past the mines, turn around quickly and hit a mine. You can usually take out quite a few with a single attack.

For the Spell Punk challenge, I use Cynders challenge. You can get quite a few in a short time and then reset the challenge.
#67 Posted: 19:44:13 27/04/2013
yeah, there are a few challenges that have some spell punks, but I hate redoing a completed challenge, thus wondering if any arena challenges provide more than 1 or 2
---
available: Darklight Crypt smiliesmiliesmilie(sealed), 17 other common S1s & adv. packs (EU only)
#68 Posted: 04:19:55 28/04/2013
I don't see how redoing an Arena Challenge is all that better than redoing a completed Heroic Challenge, TBH... smilie I say take them where you can get them. I can understand not wanting to wade through the whole level of Rumbletown just to get to the Arena at the end, it's time consuming.
---
#69 Posted: 07:55:04 28/04/2013 | Topic Creator
Ignitors Hc
---
#70 Posted: 11:35:59 28/04/2013
Quote: niceguy1
I don't see how redoing an Arena Challenge is all that better than redoing a completed Heroic Challenge, TBH... smilie I say take them where you can get them. I can understand not wanting to wade through the whole level of Rumbletown just to get to the Arena at the end, it's time consuming.

becaue arena challenges are renewed for each save game, so if I need to do an arena challenge I can make sure to choose the 'lander that will most benefit from it.
---
#71 Posted: 03:50:39 29/04/2013
Quote: DragonsDream
rather than running through Rumbletown, are there any Arena Challenges that give a good number of Spell Punks to kill?

I actually used Sonic Boom's Heroic Quest. Towards the begining there's 3 Spell punks. So For in some ways just take out those three then reset the challenge. Each time.

As for me I have all my skylanders are gold rank except for my Legendary Trigger Happy.

Here's who I have, completed

Magic: smilie smilie smilie smilie

Undead smilie S2smilie GITDS2smilie smilie smilie

Lifesmilie smilie smilie S2smilie smiliex2

Water: S2smilie smilie

Fire: smilie smilie smilie

Air: smilie S2smilie smilie

Earth: S2smilie S2smilie LCsmilie smilie

Tech: smilie S2smilie smiliex2 smilie
---
~N~
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:51:16 29/04/2013 by JCat
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#72 Posted: 04:51:50 29/04/2013
Monster Masher : If you are doing all the HC you should get this naturally. However if you want to farm it the first room of chapter 13 spider side has a bunch of spider pods that keep re spawning spiders, just don't destroy the pods also good for the undead elemental damage.

Heroic Challenger : Wrecking balls challenge has no enemies.

I was trying to do bosses around for my undead skylanders but it only works on the first undead skylander that gets defeated if I put another undead one on and let it get defeated it won't complete the quest. I am a little annoyed as it takes a bit of time to go through a level 3 times for each undead skylander. Does any know an easier way to complete the bosses around quest?
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
Nelomet Emerald Sparx Gems: 3069
#73 Posted: 06:35:40 29/04/2013
Quote: mantez
Monster Masher : If you are doing all the HC you should get this naturally. However if you want to farm it the first room of chapter 13 spider side has a bunch of spider pods that keep re spawning spiders, just don't destroy the pods also good for the undead elemental damage.

I was trying to do bosses around for my undead skylanders but it only works on the first undead skylander that gets defeated if I put another undead one on and let it get defeated it won't complete the quest. I am a little annoyed as it takes a bit of time to go through a level 3 times for each undead skylander. Does any know an easier way to complete the bosses around quest?

If you've got the patience, Chapter 13 (Oracle) has easy access to bosses quite early, that's how I got it in any case.
---
Fear not the dark, my friend, and let the feast begin.
#74 Posted: 07:14:35 29/04/2013
Quote: JCat
Quote: DragonsDream

I actually used Sonic Boom's Heroic Quest. Towards the begining there's 3 Spell punks. So For in some ways just take out those three then reset the challenge. Each time.

don't like to redo challenges. I've got 83 Skylanders that need to do 45 challenges each. No time to redo any. But with an arena challenge, if it's a new game, I may not have credit for that yet so I can get credit for the arena and get a benefit to my character.

I also don't like to start a challenge or chapter and just do a part then restart. Feels "cheap" to me. It's like getting Whirlwind's quest by jut sitting on the ship and alternately shooting clouds and rainbows or getting the Waterfall quest by just restarting SABRINA over and over. The game is already easy enough, I don't need to make it cheap to. The point of these is to do while playing the game. At least for me it is.

So, are there any Arena Challenges with lots of Spell Punks?
---
#75 Posted: 21:51:31 29/04/2013

I actually did the Auto gyro's adventure chapter. After you go through the 1st 2 doors there should be one of those optional landing area close then land there, it's an undead area. So yeah.
---
~N~
#76 Posted: 08:19:18 30/04/2013
Quote: JCat

I actually did the Auto gyro's adventure chapter. After you go through the 1st 2 doors there should be one of those optional landing area close then land there, it's an undead area. So yeah.

Yeah, what he said, LOL! During Chapter 14: Autogyro Adventure, you get to the first platform to shoot a guy before landing, the "key-thingy" and the place it goes are both on the platform. You continue a bit and get the (I think) first door you have to shoot open. RIGHT after is an optional landing platform, beside a green health heart, you can't both land and grab the health. After landing, this is the Undead gate. After some small green monsters, you get an Ambush with two Chop Chops. As far as I can tell/remember, these are the "bosses" closest to the beginning of their own level, even closer than the fire and water ambushes in The Oracle. The only other contender I can think of is the Stealth Elves in Chapter 3: Rumbletown.

The advantages here are that you can ALSO work on the other quest, to defeat an Evil Undead Skylander, I think they're the only ones in the game anyway. And of course that it's an Undead zone, so you get some Elemental Damage on both the green monsters and the Chop Chops.

Pretty sure I mentioned this in my Mega Post on Page 1, LOL! I always give this advice...
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:14:05 30/04/2013 by niceguy1
#77 Posted: 11:20:55 30/04/2013
my wife & I do the undead one together. start by letting 2 undead guys get killed (one by each Chop Chop) then with 2 new undead characters, each one defeats a Chop Chop. Repeat until all of you undead guys are done. While on the chapter, you can also work on the Magic quest of killing with laser beams.
---
#78 Posted: 18:39:38 30/04/2013
@Niceguy1 : It was in your big post which is how i found out about it...

@DragonsDream: Does it work that way? I mean I tried it too but it didn't count the 2nd one that died
---
~N~
Terreneflame Blue Sparx Gems: 943
#79 Posted: 19:13:11 30/04/2013
The second one has to die to the other Chop Chop, each boss seems to only have 1 "credit" for killing an undead skylander, which is weird but its what i've seen so far
#80 Posted: 20:17:09 30/04/2013
Weird, because I tried having multiple Undead dying and it never counted the second death, and I feel sure that the "Each Chop Chop can only do one" thought occurred to me and that I tried it.... Makes sense, though.

JCat: Oh, cool, LOL! But my comment that I mentioned it in my mega post was more to the person who asked in the first place, smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:19:02 30/04/2013 by niceguy1
#81 Posted: 01:35:30 03/05/2013
It's kind of hard to have them just do one.

Sadly though, my bigest problem was doing the quest with Cynder... her ally kept on attacking them back and at one point if I wouldn't of switched her out, she would of killed both using the haunted Ally. I think one time she actually did do it. It's pretty evil.
---
~N~
#82 Posted: 06:38:02 03/05/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: siowm6
Sprockets quest can be a pain. I use Terrafin's challenge for this too. If you go up to the top portion where the chompies are plentiful and is a pretty open space, you can get the chompies chasing you. Once they are chasing you, throw your mines infront of yourself, and away from the chompies. Run just past the mines, turn around quickly and hit a mine. You can usually take out quite a few with a single attack.

For the Spell Punk challenge, I use Cynders challenge. You can get quite a few in a short time and then reset the challenge.

For sprockets you could also hit the punks as well.
---
#83 Posted: 03:49:23 07/05/2013
Well I have Shroom Boom and Chop Chop now.
---
~N~
#84 Posted: 07:21:49 10/05/2013 | Topic Creator
What is Camo's Quest?
---
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#85 Posted: 08:02:55 10/05/2013
I choose you! Earth!!! smilie ( Though Tech is actually my favourite smilie )

Stonesmith becomes fairly quick to do once you know how. I use Chapter 2: Junkjard Isles. Get as many Chompies as possible under the spot you'll be dropping the blocks, and just do that all times. Rinse and repeat. It's not the most pleasant thing, but Stonesmith is a Quest with very unnatural requirements and this exploit makes it much nicer, even though it still sucks.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:07:13 10/05/2013 by GamingMaster_76
#86 Posted: 18:42:53 13/05/2013 | Topic Creator
This topic is strong in the L-- SHUT UP EON!!!!!!
---
#87 Posted: 17:48:22 14/05/2013
Sunday I also got smilie and S2 "zap:. So I'll say somethings on them once I start on their quests.
---
~N~
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#88 Posted: 01:12:08 15/05/2013
What is a good place for hot dogs special challenge? its Scare away 30 birdies. P.S>. FIRE SKYLANDER IGNITOR HAPPY HAPPY FUN FIRE IGNITOR TIME!
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#89 Posted: 03:22:24 15/05/2013
Quote: hardcoreignitor
What is a good place for hot dogs special challenge? its Scare away 30 birdies. P.S>. FIRE SKYLANDER IGNITOR HAPPY HAPPY FUN FIRE IGNITOR TIME!

Lots of birds in chapter 1
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
#90 Posted: 06:43:38 16/05/2013 | Topic Creator
Jet-Vacs was capture 50 birds with the vaccuum
---
#91 Posted: 22:43:28 17/05/2013
Yeah, Chapter 1 was the place I did Jet-Vac's challenge.
---
~N~
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#92 Posted: 03:18:46 18/05/2013
Chase the birds in Chapter 1. They fizzle out after the first cave entrance, and it's not really worth going on past that, so restart the level once you reach the area with the Mabu being attacked by Chompies and go again.
#93 Posted: 20:26:50 18/05/2013
Quote: wrecknroll
What is Camo's Quest?

Eating Watermelons. For a second I thought this meant HIS watermelons, but no, it just means the food you find. For a while I would just keep an eye out and pull him out whenever I found a Watermelon. No, the Heroic Challenge Watermelon's Eleven doesn't work/count, except for any REAL food that pops out of enemies.

As for birds (Hot Dog/Jet Vac), in addition to Time Of The Giants, I find Junkyard Isles to be pretty good with birds, as well as Troll Home Security. This is one of those that you just need to keep playing, and it'll pop up eventually, just keep an eye out for birds, that's all.
---
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me