Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Masques [CLOSED]
Wylrin Emerald Sparx Gems: 3784
#1 Posted: 03:15:18 10/04/2013 | Topic Creator
You've never questioned what you are. You have simply always been. You have always watched and observed, knowing you weren't like the rest but never thinking twice of it. You've always been alone, surrounded by people but never being noticed. You've never questioned why things were, and why things weren't. The lives of those around you and the time that flowed seemed to go by in a blur. Little did you know what effect you had on everyone you came in contact with. And now that you've awoken, all is going to change.

You awake never realizing you'd been asleep, roaming about the Earth with your consciousness rather than in body, like a spirit sweeping across the land. Now that you've awoken, everything about your existence has changed. Questions arise, and the need for purpose and fulfillment comes into play. The problem is, you're not sure what it is you're meant to do, and all you have with you is a mask that you can't seem to remove from your face.

Plot: You are a Masque, a being born at the beginning of time itself. You have walked the Earth since then, but only now have you truly awoken. You are the living embodiment of an emotion, and it is your existence alone that allows every living being - be it human or otherwise - to feel that emotion. Your presence strenghens the emotion you resemble in those around you. You influence everyone you go near. And there are others like you. Other emotions, embodied to look like a normal human being just like you. These other emotions conflict with your own. Can you coincide with one another as emotions are meant to balance out? Or will a war wage on between you? And now that you are awake, in a human form, you should know, you are able to die, and with you your entire emotion.

Rules:

• The normal rules.
  • As your character resembles an emotion, they can only act on that emotion. For example, if your character's emotion is happiness, then said character can only act out of happiness.
  • No two of the same emotion. They can be similar, but not exactly the same.

Character Sheet:

Name:
Abilities: (Aside from spreading said emotion in nearby people, Masques have abilities that are related to the emotion they resemble. For example, a Masque of Love might have healing abilities, whereas a Masque of Sorrow might be able to make it rain or induce extreme fatigue, etc.)
Personality:
Appearance:
Mask: (Every Masque has a, well, mask. The mask usually represents their corresponding emotion.)
Other:

OOC: It's been a long time since I've roleplayed, and I miss it. I can't help but wonder how long this one will last, though.
---
"A real intelligence agent has no ego, no conscience, no remorse. Only a sense of professionalism."
- Elim Garak, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
Dragon-outcast Emerald Sparx Gems: 4191
#2 Posted: 04:33:30 10/04/2013
ooc: sounds really good. I'd join it, but I'm really busy with life stuff at the moment. Give me a week or so and I'll join.
---
*insert edgy saying about the meaning of life*
Procrastination: Hard work often pays of after time, but laziness always pays off now.
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#3 Posted: 04:41:12 10/04/2013
Name: Arcadia
Emotion: Happiness
Abilities: Making the sun come out.
Personality: She is very bubbly and likes to giggle. Shes very out going and tries to see the best in people. She tends to act younger then she is.
Appearance: She has brown curly hair. She keeps it up in a pony tail. She wears a yellow Tutu with blue leggings. Her shoes are yellow converse. She wears a white shirt with blue sleeves.
Mask: She wears a golden mask that always seems to smile. It's eyes are outlined with small blue jewels.
Other: Her name in Greek means "Pastoral simplicity and happiness" Her favorite color is yellow. (if it wasn't obvious.)

(I hope this is okay..)
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
Vikky J Blue Sparx Gems: 996
#4 Posted: 21:02:31 10/04/2013
ooc: this sounds really good I'll join

Name: Flare
Emotion: Destruction (If this isn't okay I'll change it to Anger)
Abilities: Fire can come out of her hands
Personality: She tends to be angry and not caring. She hates happy things and it makes her angry. She has always loved to see fire.
Appearance: [User Posted Image]
Mask: [User Posted Image] (fire colors)
Other: her favorite colors are the colors of fire
---
AYO It's been a hot minute huh? I finally found my old password lmao
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:02:44 10/04/2013 by Vikky J
#5 Posted: 01:54:16 12/04/2013 | Topic Creator
OOC: I love your characters. Accepted! smilie We'll probably start soon if more people don't join.

Name: Phobos
Emotion: Fear
Abilities: He can make people see things that aren't there.
Personality: For the embodiment of fear, the being responsible for all shrieks and nightmares on Earth, Phobos is a scaredy-cat. He is always afraid, seeing darkness even in the brightest of light. Though the mere sight of him can cause terror in the viewer, he is just as scared of them - probably even more so - as they are of him.
Appearance: Person
Mask: Stone Mask
Other: None.
---
"A real intelligence agent has no ego, no conscience, no remorse. Only a sense of professionalism."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:34:10 12/04/2013 by Wylrin
IAmSpyro123 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3353
#6 Posted: 07:29:55 14/04/2013
Name: Junak
Emotion: Courage
Abilities: Courageous and can make people confront fear, pain, danger, uncertainty, and intimidation.
Personality: Not afraid of anything. He is always found exploring, fighting, going in dangerous places. He believes one day his courageousness will hurt him in some way.
Appearance: This
Mask: This
Other: None.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:30:23 14/04/2013 by IAmSpyro123
#7 Posted: 00:52:04 17/04/2013 | Topic Creator
OOC: Accepted! And I'm going to start now with my character just waking up, though your characters can have been awake for a short time, if you want. smilie

Phobos stiffened visibly as his eyes snapped open. Strange, he felt so strange. It was like he was seeing through a new set of eyes, which only focused on what was directly in front of him. It terrifed him; he felt so blind, now. He tried to move away from the damp and scary place he was in, only to find that he didn't move away from the place, that he had merely shifted his position. Confused, he pushed himself up and started to pace. It felt weird, never having walked before with the legs he had now and yet he did it as if he had always known how. Scared, and still very confused, Phobos walked out of the old, abandoned warehouse and into a world he's seen before, yet looked so different now.
---
#8 Posted: 00:56:42 17/04/2013
ooc: yay. i can tell that this rp will last for a while

Flare walked around with her new legs. "What is this place?" She thought as she moved around. She had woken up a few minutes ago and was walking around until she found a sign for the building she
was in. Fireworks for sale! "What are fireworks? Why am I here? How did I get here?" She wondered as she walked around more.
---
#9 Posted: 01:09:38 17/04/2013 | Topic Creator
Peeking around corners of buildings before he passed them, Phobos made his way around town. He's seen many towns like this before, but why he was here and why he was different was beyond him. He looked about nervously, seeing that some people were glancing at him curiously. It made him feel uneasy, fear and paranoia working through his system. He tried to wipe a bit of sweat from his face but found that he couldn't. Instead, he was met with a cold, smooth surface. Panicking now, attracting more attention from those around him, he tried to pry the offending object off his face. It didn't move a fraction.
---
#10 Posted: 01:13:00 17/04/2013
Flare looked through the glass of the store to see herself. She had a mask on her face. "I know what this is, i think" She said outloud as she felt it. It was hot to the touch but it didn't effect her. "Like fire" She whispered. She saw her eyes change to fire colors through the mask.
---
#11 Posted: 01:14:11 17/04/2013
Arcadia looked around. The place was creepy and very, very cold. "This place really needs to be brightened." She said. She looked at the dark sky and adjusted her mask and dusted off her tutu. She stood up and cleared her throat. She raised her hands towards the sky. "I call upon the brightest star in this galaxy. Rise above the hill tops and mountains and let thy power shine until it cannot sustain life no longer." The sky began to lighten up a bit. Now she could tell she was in a park of sorts. Buildings were in the background. "That's much better!" She giggled.
---
#12 Posted: 01:19:40 17/04/2013 | Topic Creator
Fear. It coursed through him like the blood in his new veins. The fear of suffocation flicked across Phobos's mind, though his heavy breathing confirmed he could indeed breathe just fine, despite the thing clinging to his face. He tried once again to pry it off. He wasn't sure why he was so afraid of having the thing on his face, but then again, he didn't understand why he feared many things. Like puppies. But no this, this was different somehow. Phobos pried at the thing only to find it hurt his face after a while. He stopped, dropping shivering hands to his sides. That thing wasn't coming off.
---
#13 Posted: 01:23:42 17/04/2013
Destruction. It flowed through Flare. "I need a name" She said. It came to her like a fire. "Flare" She said. Fire flowed from her arms to her hands and out of her fingers to the fireworks. She walked away from the building as it went up in different colors of flame.
---
#14 Posted: 01:29:29 17/04/2013
Arcadia looked at her work. "A name is what I need. Everything has a name." She sat down on the park bench. People gave her odd looks. She smiled and waved to them. Awkwardly, they would wave back. Your name is Arcadia. "Arcadia." As she said it, a jot of happiness ran through her spine. "Arcadia!" She shouted at the top of her lungs. "My name is Arcadia!!" She shouted. As she did this, it only seemed to get brighter where she was.
---
#15 Posted: 01:33:47 17/04/2013 | Topic Creator
Phobos nearly jumped out of his skin when he felt a small tug on his pant leg. He quickly looked down to see a little girl, no more than five, looking up at him with a curious expression on her face. His initial fear melted, slightly. He still didn't know this little girl...

"You look funny," the girl giggled softly. "Can I try on your mask?"

"Honey." What appeared to be the girl's mother quickly strode up to them and took the girl's hand, guiding her hastily away after giving Phobos a curious look. Was it distrust? Or fear? Or something else? And what had the girl meant by...? He trailed his hand across the smooth surface on his face. A mask. The feeling of realization was overridden with fear as what seemed like an explosion set off somewhere across town, the fire and smoke filling the sky even where he stood.
---
#16 Posted: 01:56:16 17/04/2013
Arcadia turned her direction from her rejoicing to a boy with a mask on. She walked up to him. "Hi. You have a mask on, too?" She stared at him curiously. She got an odd feeling. Her happiness soon turned cold and it felt as if she would never smile again. "I'm Arcadia.." She manged to smile.
---
#17 Posted: 01:59:50 17/04/2013
Flare walked quickly to avoid everyone. when someone complimented her she made a sarcastic remark. People drifted away from her like she was going to set them on fire. "Just how I like it" Flare said to herself as she walked.
---
#18 Posted: 02:51:41 19/04/2013 | Topic Creator
Phobos nearly jumped out of his skin again as he was approached by someone. He spun around to look at her to see that she did indeed wear a mask like he did. Only hers was different. His fear dissolved slightly upon seeing her, as if he somehow knew she meant him no harm. Still, he felt nervous as always about being around someone. Somehow pushing past what fear was left, he came to realize her words of greeting. Phobos stuttered a bit shakily, not used to speaking at all and not used to speaking to someone other than himself even more.
---
#19 Posted: 01:46:06 20/04/2013
"Don't be shy!" Arcadia said. She extended her hand. She titled her head at the boy. Why didn't he smile? Maybe he needed to turn happy. She beamed and the sun got a little brighter.
---
#20 Posted: 01:54:04 20/04/2013 | Topic Creator
Phobos flinched at the extended hand and the sudden change in light. He wasn't so much afraid of the offered hand itself, merely how quickly it had come closer to him. And he didn't mind the brighter sunlight, either; it made the scary shadows go away sometimes. Looking curiously at the offered hand from behind his mask, he tentatively placed his own trembling palm in it. It wasn't often that non-scary things approached him, so he took every opportunity he could get. Still, he was cautious, fully expecting something awful to happen.
---
#21 Posted: 02:15:47 20/04/2013
Arcadia felt the boy tremble. She closed her eyes and smiled. "Don't worry. Most scary things are afraid of my light. I can protect you from them." She opened her eyes. Looking down at the boy's hand, she shook it. "So what's your name?" She asked looking the boy straight in the eye. She adjusted her tutu.
---
#22 Posted: 12:46:55 20/04/2013
Flare walked quickly past the two. Heat washed over the area as it felt like a furnace. She turned to get a better look at the Fireworks burning bright. She smirked
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me