First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
The retired skylanders [CLOSED]
HotDogAndZap Emerald Sparx Gems: 3531
#51 Posted: 21:28:25 10/04/2013
I have NEVER seen series 1 characters besides the adventure pack ones in stores. I started collecting in January.

MUST HAVE CAMO AND WARNADO!!!!!!!!!!!! EVERYONE SEEMS TO HAVE THEM AT THEIR STORES BUT NOT MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!smilie
Tel Prydain Blue Sparx Gems: 903
#52 Posted: 22:03:47 10/04/2013
Where are you?
K-Mart in Australia had them for $5 each. And Trademe has them for $15-30nz (the standard price here is $20)
---
My collection: 98/99
Photos: http://s1298.photobucket.com/u...rary/Skylanders
Looking for: smilie
Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2951
#53 Posted: 22:47:16 10/04/2013 | Topic Creator
i dont know why but when certain waves come out certain skylanders from previous waves like...vanish
SpyroDragonstar Green Sparx Gems: 196
#54 Posted: 00:16:36 12/04/2013
Quote: Ninpire
i dont know why but when certain waves come out certain skylanders from previous waves like...vanish
Not for me. At my local Walmart(I live in Canada) they had live wave 1 Skylanders(for the first game) out for months. It was only when Giants came out did they get rid of them. Not kidding.
---
WHY ARE YOU READING THIS??? Turn away. Go. smilie smilie
Sickboy1138 Blue Sparx Gems: 817
#55 Posted: 03:26:11 13/04/2013
My local game store has a loose boomer and a nib voodood. My TRU still has whamshell with the cardboard castle box.
Hexblazer Blue Sparx Gems: 895
#56 Posted: 06:00:29 13/04/2013
I just got myself a Boomer, Wham Shell and another Ghost Roaster Darklight Crypt smilie
#57 Posted: 14:26:09 13/04/2013 | Topic Creator
i feel like i can go to walgreens and get dino rang cuz everyone says they got him there but wham shell and boomer are the ones that i might have trouble with
#58 Posted: 06:58:32 14/04/2013
Lets see i got my boomer and wham-shell for $20 brand new and my ghost roaster darklight crypt $20 brand new, im happy with my purchase =)
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3988
#59 Posted: 08:35:37 14/04/2013
I've just bought an unopened Triple Pack of Ignitor, Camo and Warnado for $36 online shipping included, meaning $12 each figurine, good deal considering Camo and Warnado are hard to find right? smilie I'm trying to get Ghost Roaster too, not easy to get it for a price that isn't too high :/
---
bye
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6081
#60 Posted: 21:42:28 15/04/2013
I actually just picked up the Camo, Warnado, Ignitor 3-pack at TRU this last weekend along with a single pack of Series 1 Chop Chop. They have a ton of Series 1. I could've gotten Voodood, Dino Rang, or Wham Shell (in the castle case) if I wanted. I might go back for a Wham Shell on saturday since I could use a case of some kind.

Empire of Ice seems to be the most common adventure pack, though one Target in my area had all but Darklight Crypt last I went. Gonna keep checking to see about one though.

Movie Trading Company sells used Skylanders. All of the ones they have at my local one are series 1, another place I'll be checking in on often to try to get a Sunburn without having to get an ill-desired Dragon's Peak set. Sunburn is the only thing I like out of that pack.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#61 Posted: 22:10:41 15/04/2013 | Topic Creator
umm the adventure items are actually pretty useful...and i am ONLY looking for wham shell dino rang and boomer now because i have the rest i feel bad for myself too because i remember when i was thinking about getting SSA in september i think i remember seeing a boomer T-T and when i get SSA in october boomer, dino rang, whamshell....never seen
#62 Posted: 23:02:09 15/04/2013
umm the adventure items are actually pretty useful...and i am ONLY looking for wham shell dino rang and boomer now because i have the rest i feel bad for myself too because i remember when i was thinking about getting SSA in september i think i remember seeing a boomer T-T and when i get SSA in october boomer, dino rang, whamshell....never seen

Yes, they are useful, but personally I only really like the Healing Elixir and Dragon Treasure. Ialso don't like Dragon's Peak (all the flying around @.@) so if I can get Sunburn without having to get the pack, I'd rather do that. Though since Target had them at $20 each, I might pick it up as IIRC the Sparx item isn't bad.

Anyway, as for Wham Shell, Toys R Us is probably the best bet if you're trying to avoid high internet prices. Only downside is you'll probably have to shell out a bit extra and get it in the castle case.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#63 Posted: 00:41:56 16/04/2013 | Topic Creator
^ my toys r us doesnt even carry that thing anymore smilie
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#64 Posted: 02:26:11 16/04/2013
I have smilie, smilie, and smilie. smilie is coming in the mail from amazon
wrecknroll Yellow Sparx Gems: 1167
#65 Posted: 14:46:33 23/04/2013
Warnado I have.CAMO WHY HAVE THOU EVADED ME FOR SO LONG?!?!
Sorry,I'm done now.
---
My collection! http://imgur.com/gallery/G7lsX
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#66 Posted: 05:59:39 24/04/2013
Camo? got him from a triple pack, cheap too.
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#67 Posted: 11:09:33 24/04/2013
Heh, got Camo and Warnado as birthday gifts from my nephews last August, a mere month and a half before Giants came out. They seem to be a bit rare now, didn't know how lucky I was.

(It amused me that at the same time they got Camo and Warnado for themselves, too. smilie Now in May I'm doing the same thing to them, getting Polar Whirlwind and Lightcore Pop Fizz for them, and another of each for me).
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
#68 Posted: 21:23:35 24/04/2013 | Topic Creator
lol i got my camo and warnado triple pack on black friday
SpyroDragonstar Green Sparx Gems: 196
#69 Posted: 23:08:08 24/04/2013
I got smilie as one of my firsts, actually, last April. smilie and smilie I got in the triple pack in June, and smilie in August. The time I went to get D-Rang, I saw Ghost Roaster, and didn't get. 100000x regrets.
---
WHY ARE YOU READING THIS??? Turn away. Go. smilie smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:08:27 24/04/2013 by SpyroDragonstar
stitchmaker Blue Sparx Gems: 769
#70 Posted: 01:03:12 21/05/2013
I found Voodood on the shelf at Walmart in Canada 2 weeks ago. They must of been cleaning the back room.
You can also try Kijiji or Usedeverywhere.com. For the Usedeverywhere.com it's in Canada and the UK. Just type in city after the work used.
I picked up Boomer and Whamshell for a good price. Made sure to meet the person outside of a mall.
Also try the Superstore in Canada. They had all the adventure packs. Got the employee to open the box and they had 6 different retired skylanders. Bonus they were on sale for $5.
I started collecting in January 2013 and have all of them.
#71 Posted: 21:05:33 21/05/2013 | Topic Creator
^ i am not going all the way to canada to get these guys smilie
#72 Posted: 21:24:47 21/05/2013
I went to Walmart (in the US) and saw the extra section in toys. Not much there. At the Electronics section there were a lot more singles there than usual. Most were S1. Saw a few Voodoods, but otherwise, it was just Cynder, Sonic Boom, Drobot, Stealth Elf, Whirlwind, Double Trouble, Flameslinger, Ignitor, Stump Smash, and Prism Break.

Also saw 2 Scarlets while I was there.
---
#73 Posted: 21:33:47 21/05/2013 | Topic Creator
? there is an extra section for electronic toys? what?
#74 Posted: 21:46:49 21/05/2013
? there is an extra section for electronic toys? what?

Walmart and Target have a few extra Skylanders figures in the Toy aisle. Walmart's will be by the Transformers, or Ben 10 stuff usually. Just check the action figure aisle. Target's is typically a small rack hanging on the side of an end-aisle. Where this is can vary. I've seen it by the action-figures at one Target and near the Barbies at another. (*insert joke about Skylander-Barbies*)
---
#75 Posted: 01:19:24 22/05/2013 | Topic Creator
^ oh i have seen the ones in target just never in walmart
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#76 Posted: 01:57:08 22/05/2013
My mom said she was interested in getting the Dragons Peak adventure pack soon that she saw at a Wall-Mart, which has Sunburn, and I'm almost tempted for the Darkwater Crypt adventure pack from the same Wall-Mart, only because I have Hex, Chop Chop and Cinder, which means Ghost Roaster is the only undead Skylander I don't have for Spyro's Adventure. But... I hear they are expensive, plus those adventure packs only come with a measly one level, and maybe a few other things. ...But if mom gets Dragon's Peak, then all I need is Flameslinger to complete Fire for Spyro's Adventure.

Quote: Tel Prydain
Where are you?
K-Mart in Australia had them for $5 each.

Five simoleons sounds like a bargain.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:01:11 22/05/2013 by MugoUrth
#77 Posted: 02:12:44 22/05/2013
Quote: MugoUrth
My mom said she was interested in getting the Dragons Peak adventure pack soon that she saw at a Wall-Mart, which has Sunburn, and I'm almost tempted for the Darkwater Crypt adventure pack from the same Wall-Mart, only because I have Hex, Chop Chop and Cinder, which means Ghost Roaster is the only undead Skylander I don't have for Spyro's Adventure. But... I hear they are expensive, plus those adventure packs only come with a measly one level, and maybe a few other things. ...But if mom gets Dragon's Peak, then all I need is Flameslinger to complete Fire for Spyro's Adventure.

Where are you?

Empire of Ice is the only one I don't really see worth the $20 retail price. (That's why I got mine at GameStop to get a Sidekick too).

IMO, Dragon's Peak is the worst level as you spend too much of the level flying around on a dragon's back. Though Sunburn being one of the Forgotten 8 and the best of the 4 characters in the adventure packs kinda makes it even out.
Darklight Crypt (if you can find it) is the best level and Healing Elixir is a pretty decent item. Ghost Roaster isn't bad and it's always nice to have one of the Forgotten 8. His laugh when he does the skull dash thing gets annoying though.
Pirate Seas is ok as a level. Terrafin is good too and can get overpowered with his underground attack, which can be good if in your favor. Hidden Treasure is the best item if you ask me.
Empire of Ice is a decent level, but there isn't much exciting about it. Slam Bam isn't too great from what I know and the magic items aren't that amazing either, overall, a meh pack. Best to get on sale or with some kind of promotion to help even out the cost like with GameStop's sidekick one.

My opinion of level quality:
Darklight Crypt>Empire of Ice>Pirate Seas>Dragon's Peak

My opinion of overall pack worth:
Darklight Crypt>Dragon's Peak=Pirate Seas>Empire of Ice

Darklight Crypt is the only one I don't have, but I've seen a playthrough of it and know it is quite good and is the longest one of the 4. It also has an added bonus of after completion, adding more food to heal your Skylander throughout the other levels. It is currently one of the two hardest to find things and most desired. The other being Boomer. If you see one get it. (if you see an extra, pick one up for me. ;P)
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:20:26 22/05/2013 by Seiki
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#78 Posted: 04:46:30 22/05/2013

If you see Darklight Crypt, BUY IT! No debate, no wondering, snap it up so fast it becomes a blur. It's widely regarded as one of the rarest items around, it competes with Boomer as to all-over rarity. Also as has been pointed out (first time I've seen it pointed out by Not-Me), completing it changes the entire game, adding food to every level.

And don't think of it as "only one level". Firstly ALL the Adventure Packs are one level. Secondly, the levels are all a big longer than the standard SSA levels, comparing in length to Giant levels. Thirdly, they're not just levels. Every Level item is also a Magic Item. If you place it on the portal while playing, it's a mega-attack, raining damage on your enemies. Fourthly it also comes with Magic Items, and this pack includes the only Magic Item I regularly use, the Healing Potion. I like to focus on one Skylander at a time, if his/her health gets low, using the Potion almost always can bring them back to full health, letting me avoid having to change to someone else.

And they aren't expensive, not really. Around here, standard prices are $10 for a normal Skylander, $15 for a Giant, $20 for triple packs (I think that changed to $25 for Giants triples), and $20 for Adventure Packs, at least a year ago when they were more current. So instead of getting two figures for the price of one (an additional $10 for the triple packs), you're getting 3 useful Magic Items, one of which gives you a bonus level (all of which work in both games). 3 useful tools for the price of one Skylander doesn't seem expensive to me. smilie I'm just talking store prices of course, buying stuff second hand, prices fluctuate wildly. smilie

Where are you?

Remember, Australian Dollars are a different currency. Check the exchange rate before thinking that $5 is a bargain. smilie
(I don't know, but just wanting to point out the different currency and exchange rates) smilie
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:53:14 22/05/2013 by niceguy1
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5694
#79 Posted: 14:37:06 22/05/2013
Would it be about $10 in U.S. currency?
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
#80 Posted: 20:02:12 22/05/2013 | Topic Creator

Where are you?

dude it is only expensive online....do you think they would sell it for $60 at wal-mart? you said you saw it at walmart so the best thing to do would be get it
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#81 Posted: 21:36:34 22/05/2013
Alright, next chance I get, I'll give her some money to help her buy Dragon's Peak or Darkwater Crypt.
#82 Posted: 01:16:53 23/05/2013 | Topic Creator
i hope itll be there, i think that ghost roaster is really good in my opinion
#83 Posted: 02:20:58 23/05/2013
In our area someone is selling Ghost Roaster Adventure Pack on Craigslist for $40 brand new and the funny thing is no one seems interested in buying it and its been a week now. I would buy it but its an hour drive lol.
DinoHex Blue Sparx Gems: 735
#84 Posted: 00:15:53 24/05/2013
I actually have two Wham-Shells that I found both in stores at retail price before Giants came out. : D (I opened both of them though)

Oddly, the rarest character in our area before Wham-Shell was Cynder, as I don't think we even got her until the 3 pack came out. I still have never seen a single of series 1 Cynder in person before. Towards the end of Spyro's Adventure the rare characters to find around our area were Zap, Boomer, Wham-Shell, and Prism Break.
---
smilie smilie and smilie: The three greatest Skylanders out of them all.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:18:47 24/05/2013 by DinoHex
#85 Posted: 00:16:21 06/06/2013
Walmart in Canada got abunch of Series 1 on their shelf abunch days ago. Hex, Lighting Rod, Camo, Dinorang, Zook and another one was there. At least 6 of each and they were still there yesterday.

Is activision releasing the rest of their stock finally. Or making more to keep customers happy. The staff at one store gets yelled at by customers all the time. People mad because they just purchased the game and can't find the figures.
#86 Posted: 01:01:03 06/06/2013
I was just reading another board that Series 1 have been released at abunch of Walmarts and TRU. in the last 5 days.
Someone took a pic and they had wham-shell in their cart. On the shelf there was a Empire of Ice pack.
Another person said they see Sunburn adventure pack on the shelf at Target all the time now.
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#87 Posted: 15:29:07 06/06/2013
sunburns pack is common hare , and so does hex !
GhostRoaster24 Blue Sparx Gems: 942
#88 Posted: 16:03:54 06/06/2013
Quote: Hexblazer
Lets see i got my boomer and wham-shell for $20 brand new and my ghost roaster darklight crypt $20 brand new, im happy with my purchase =)

WHERE DID YOU GET DARKLIGHT CRYPT FOR 20$?!
---
Tumblr: hunter-alex
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#89 Posted: 16:58:51 06/06/2013
i have a darklight crypt for 10 eur!
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me