Forum

Skylanders: Cloud Patrol

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Question: Family sharing figures [CLOSED]
DominoToppler Red Sparx Gems: 49
#1 Posted: 00:10:06 01/04/2013 | Topic Creator
Hey all,

My wife and I (yes, we're grown-up kids) just started playing Skylanders together and we are trying to figuring out how to register everything so we can share our collection of figures. Here is what I understand so far:

- Console games: No issues sharing. We can take turns playing with a Skylander and its progress will be saved each time.
- Lost Isles: No issues sharing yet? There's no warning about permanently associating with the Activate account when entering codes, so I assume unless something changes we can both use the same codes?
- Cloud Patrol: Here's where the problems are... There's that pesky warning saying that each figure will be permanently associated with the user's Activate account.

Any suggestions on how a family should handle this? Obviously, we aren't going to buy doubles, and it seems silly to divide up the collection and register some to her account and some to mine. Plus if Activate makes it onto the console games someday, that could really cause problems.

Is it possible to share an Activate account? Seems like that wouldn't be possible especially if both of us try to play the mobile games simultaneously...

Should one of us register all the figures and the other person just play with the freebies? That's how I'm leaning at the moment even though it sucks. Just too afraid that if we split up the collection between two Activate accounts it'll bite us later.

Thoughts? I'm sure other families are having to deal with this too.
darkrai848 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#2 Posted: 06:24:20 01/04/2013
Well if you get the ( iphone starter pack for skylanders: battlegrounds) you can use the bluetooth portal of power to register the figuers them selfs with skylanders Clould patrol (it will still give you the warning but it will still let you register them on more than 1 account) But that is only if you use the bluetooth portal to register them and not the codes.
---
If you like toys to life, you might be interested in Lightseekers!
Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playfusion/lightseekers/description
#3 Posted: 17:02:09 01/04/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: darkrai848
Well if you get the ( iphone starter pack for skylanders: battlegrounds) you can use the bluetooth portal of power to register the figuers them selfs with skylanders Clould patrol (it will still give you the warning but it will still let you register them on more than 1 account) But that is only if you use the bluetooth portal to register them and not the codes.

Really!? That is very good to know! Can anyone else confirm this? It turns out we also ran into the same problem with Lost Islands even though it doesn't give the same warning as Cloud Patrol. Can we do the same trick with the portal to get around this?

If so, you are a lifesaver... We ordered the Mobile Starter pack which should arrive tomorrow so I'll find out for sure then. I really hope you're right. It makes sense - otherwise households with more than one gamer would be very upset I can imagine...

One other question- I got my Spyro (imported with web code) to Hero Level 2 in Lost Islands, but when I summon him in Spyro's Adventure for Xbox it says his Hero Level is still zero. Any ideas? Thanks again!!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:02:54 01/04/2013 by DominoToppler
#4 Posted: 19:31:17 01/04/2013
It should work like that for all the moble games.

Edit: and for your other question the moble games levels do not save to the toy and are not the same as the main game levels. Only Skylanders :SA (3DS and console) and skylanders : giants (3DS and console) levels are saved to the toy. So the levels are difrent.
---
Kickstarter:
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:35:34 01/04/2013 by darkrai848
#5 Posted: 01:20:23 02/04/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: darkrai848
It should work like that for all the moble games.

Edit: and for your other question the moble games levels do not save to the toy and are not the same as the main game levels. Only Skylanders :SA (3DS and console) and skylanders : giants (3DS and console) levels are saved to the toy. So the levels are difrent.

Thank you that's good to know about the portal.

With the other question, I was actually curious about the "Hero Level" stat (not the Skylanders actual level). From what I understand you can get Hero Levels in Skylanders Universe,... Like for example, my Spyro is level 8 and when I inspect him in the console game it says his Hero Level is zero.
#6 Posted: 03:19:46 02/04/2013
oh the hero level was only for looks in the console games (it was even removed from giants) It was only gotten in the online game: universe (with will be no more soon) but it did not give any boosts in the console game of skylanders :SA (the game only had a way to look at it for fun) They had said that if universe became very populer they might make it give you a boost in some of the new skylanders games (but seeing as you cant even see it in skylanders giants and universe is shuting down, I dont think that will happen).

So ya it was only in skylanders :universe and does not do any thing exept in Skylanders :universe (and will soon not exist at all)
---
Kickstarter:
#7 Posted: 15:11:10 04/04/2013 | Topic Creator
Ah okay thank you for the info. Just to confirm, the trick about activating the figures on a second account using the portal of power on Lost Isles and Cloud Patrol definitely works... The only minor snag is it won't let you activate the magic items in Cloud Patrol (shield, hidden treasure, anvil, etc.) a second time, even using the portal. Not a huge deal.

That's kinda a bummer that they got rid of Hero Level. I think it would be cool if the mobile games boosted that stat (once Universe goes bye-bye) and it gave some kind of power-up in future console games. That way you could feel like the mobile games were actually affecting your characters instead of just unlocking them within the game.
bjornolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1144
#8 Posted: 02:04:31 29/05/2013
Yes, you can use the portal to add a figure to all three games on as many devices as you want. My dad, my son, and I have used it to add my son's figures to our games.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me